• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
The metagame will only go so far. In fact, it's coming to a close halt soon, I'd wager. I don't see any top placings from the likes of xzax any time in the future.

I don't play VBrawl anymore, there is so much more satisfaction and viability from playing B+ and other variations. Think of it as adding fuel to a waning fire. I doubt I will be as good as I used to be (I used to be able to take scar, but then he just acended to the heavens) but if I get at least halfway there, I'll be satisfied.

I saw this **** and was glad I was done with vbrawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbmu8fGcWaw

Sorry puff. But if that's what the highest level of play comes down to, I'm glad there are other games to keep me going, but vbrawl isn't one of them. The next time there's a tournament, I'm gonna arrange side events for BBrawl/Brawl+. There's just more satisfaction and more bang for the effort you put into your inputs.

That and camping is stupid. Just my .02.

Allied

Smash Master
if u wanna quit brawl thats fine i wouldnt quit because of that video >.> thats just stupid

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
if u wanna quit brawl thats fine i wouldnt quit because of that video >.> thats just stupid
Well I was pretty much done with vbrawl before I saw that video. I can only win if I play MK or snake. I'm not that desperate.

if any1 wants to quit brawl ull have to play me in a set first. 3/5 if u win then u can quit
I'll beat the bawls energy drink off ya

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
All of this talk about quitting crews and not quitting Brawl is making me upset. Without Chibo's tournaments, I'll have no way of practicing and attempting to reach the elite level (although I am going to a tournament on Saturday on the Island, best of luck to me, I guess). My fingers can't handle Melee anymore, so if this community switches over to Melee-only, I'm done; I would then have to hate everybody since Brawl is just about my favorite game out there.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

**** brawl
'Sup Scar?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Whats with all the Brawl bashing :/
Yes I know it's not the best competitive game there is (I'm even making my own modifications)
But you guys can't all neglect the fun times you've had with the game up until this point. Ak, don't make me pull up the video of you 2 stocking dmbradon, cause I will lol.

Like sure Plank v Puff was awful, but that was not the highest level of play. There were some things that could have been done in that match and if you watch TOP level play it doesn't look like that. Let's also not forget the impending banning of MetaKnight, which will give a good amount of characters a new found light in the game, like ROB, Marth, DK, Peach, and more.

This isn't to say we all shouldn't play Melee, cause we should lol. Just don't drop Brawl and pretend that you hate it after all it's done for you.

</sentimental Brawl post>

Edit: Yea I'm not stopping tourneys at all. And they're probably gonna be MK banned when they return. Hooray!

GOTM

Smash Champion
I don't think Ak is saying that he has never had fun with Brawl, nor do I think he is disregarding all those fun times he did have. I took his post more that he was saying like, I don't like it any more, and I want to play Melee again ;)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Chibo wants to ban MK because he has trouble with him. Just like he doesn't ban planking because he does it. Hes just like DaPuffster when he made Japes legal at his tournament. He only did it to benefit himself.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I do not understand Ak's pic at all lol

Xzax, I'm not even going to reply to your comments like that after this post, because I'll say it time and time again - it's not true. If you think it's just me doing it for my benefit, then why don't you check out all of the other MK ban tourneys that are starting to pop up - certainly much more than there were last time I banned him for one small biweekly Friday tournament -_- You're just angry because you main MK, so why don't we get a taste of that Snake or Pit you've been hyping up. Or just don't enter if you're not comfortable with them.

No one here will be able to change my mind on the MK debate. I already have my daily overdose of it from the SBR lol.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Whats with all the Brawl bashing :/
Yes I know it's not the best competitive game there is (I'm even making my own modifications)
But you guys can't all neglect the fun times you've had with the game up until this point. Ak, don't make me pull up the video of you 2 stocking dmbradon, cause I will lol.
What we really need is the match where I taunt Ak in the middle of combo-ing him, even though I was on the verge of losing. Random on-stage taunts are rediculously fun. And manly.

Let's also not forget the impending banning of MetaKnight, which will give a good amount of characters a new found light in the game, like ROB, Marth, DK, Peach, and more.
I have no idea where you're getting this statement from, but nobody has said anything about Metaknight getting banned, and with Ally f-air spiking every argument supporting the ban there is, I don't see this happening.

Edit: Yea I'm not stopping tourneys at all.
It's not a matter of you stopping the tournaments, it's a matter of not enough people going to them for the tournaments to be worthwile.

And they're probably gonna be MK banned when they return. Hooray!
But I like Ganon-stomping/ciding Metaknights...

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I do not understand Ak's pic at all lol

Xzax, I'm not even going to reply to your comments like that after this post, because I'll say it time and time again - it's not true. If you think it's just me doing it for my benefit, then why don't you check out all of the other MK ban tourneys that are starting to pop up - certainly much more than there were last time I banned him for one small biweekly Friday tournament -_- You're just angry because you main MK, so why don't we get a taste of that Snake or Pit you've been hyping up. Or just don't enter if you're not comfortable with them.

No one here will be able to change my mind on the MK debate. I already have my daily overdose of it from the SBR lol.
I do somewhat agree with Xzax's post, you abuse planking but you want to ban MK.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I have no idea where you're getting this statement from, but nobody has said anything about Metaknight getting banned, and with Ally f-air spiking every argument supporting the ban there is, I don't see this happening.
Lolol.

I do somewhat agree with Xzax's post, you abuse planking but you want to ban MK.
MK's planking is on a whole nother level than ROB's planking.

.....For Pikachu. =X

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ledge camping isn't even broken with most characters -_-
Especially not ROB. It's just that most people don't know how to combat against it. 4 out of 5 times you won't even see me ledgecamp anymore because I'll get punished for it.

Case and point.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Ledge camping isn't even broken with most characters -_-
Especially not ROB. It's just that most people don't know how to combat against it. 4 out of 5 times you won't even see me ledgecamp anymore because I'll get punished for it.

Case and point.
Yes except it puts characters like Bowser at a huge disadvantage.

.....For Pikachu. =X
Your forgetting ROB gets to do this with projectiles.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You know what beats projectiles? A shield. That's it. It's that simple lol.

MK is able to do it with 5 jumps at his disposal to chill under the stage away from danger if need be, and has 3 special moves to help him recover with extreme priority, and a 4th special move that he can sweetspot with where he's invincible during it. And that same move can get him to the other side of the stage safely. And MetaKnight has two glides. And a rediculously fast up air that can be done while dropping and still hit on stage. Need I continue?

Bowser has fire. I'm hearing nothing but johns.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Your forgetting ROB gets to do this with projectiles.
Depends on the stage. On stages like FD or whatever, it's about equal (laser isn't hard to see coming, and tjolts stop/occasionally destroy his gyro, sooooo)..... Pika can tjolt him enough to catch him in-between his invincibility frames.

But MK can just pick a stage with a permeable bottom like Halberd or Delfino or Brinstar and shark Pika from the bottom, which is a helluva lot more effective than ROB planking with his projectiles.

EDIT: Also, all the stuff Chibo said, lol. Was too lazy to really get into it like that. XD

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
But.... who cares about Ganon?

That's like me complaining that Zelda can't do anything about MK most of the cast in general, lol.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
When it's pretty much the entire cast, that's when it becomes a problem.
It's not the entire cast, characters can stop it, people just rather complain about it. MK isnt 100% safe when ledge camping like many people believe.

EDIT: There's no point in debating with both of you,

Kaylo, your extremely inactive in the tournament scene from what I understand so all we're doing is playing theory fighting.

Chibo, your just mad at MK because hes a hard counter for your character.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@Xzax: You play MK. All of your arguments are null and void. You sold your soul.
Scrub.

Edit: Yea I'm not stopping tourneys at all. And they're probably gonna be MK banned when they return. Hooray!
Have fun losing most of your NJ attendance, since your NJ attendance = my crew.

Like I said before, doing this will only weaken the state.
Yup. NJ, NY, MD, and VA aren't going to ban MK ever. PA will be isolated (and even more crappy).

It's ok, Xzax...NJ will embrace you. :)

qft

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Lol, ok, then I must know nothing and my opinion doesn't matter. Gotcha. I'll just crawl back in the kitchen. *eye roll*
I don't mean it completely like that, its just it seems you lack actual hands on experience against the character at the higher levels of play and judge the character based off of everybody else's opinion, sorry if I came off rude with this, its just how I feel.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you bothered to read, you'd see that I was kidding. How about not commenting about what I say when you don't know me and have no idea what you're talking about. <3

I don't mean it completely like that, its just it seems you lack actual hands on experience against the character at the higher levels of play and judge the character based off of everybody else's opinion, sorry if I came off rude with this, its just how I feel.
Though I lack "high level" experience (because I'm not that great at Brawl.... I'm fully aware of that), I probably have more technical knowledge about the game than almost everyone I know, lol.

I've also been planked by Chibo, planked by Xzax, and I've been planked by other MKs too... maybe not pro MKs up to your standards, but don't assume that you know how much experience I've had.

I definitely don't hop on other people's opinions; I just don't agree with yours, which is fine. We disagree. Ohnoes.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Ok thats it im done being nice...........

Chibo bans MK from his tournaments, the state will lack and people will decrease. If MK was out to be what you make him you wouldn't be hated or argued about banning MK. Your just a little ***** and can't handle MK. Grow a pair and get better Mark. Ban MK from your tournies and guess what will happen, people will loose exp. vs MK and then the state will lack as Vex has said. But if you wanna keep him banned, F YALL IM GOING TO NJ

Top Bottom