• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Yeah true but guess what thats farther then u've gone OHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHH WOMBO COMBO!
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS THE FUNNIEST THING XZAX HAS EVER SAID!!!!!!!!

I hearby announce xzax is officially 14 for the rest of this week!!!! lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chibo i know u not letting that slide! lmao! Even if u did have a comeback i know it wont be as good as what xzax said. LMAO!!!!

Xzax is learning! "sheds tear!"

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS THE FUNNIEST THING XZAX HAS EVER SAID!!!!!!!!

I hearby announce xzax is officially 14 for the rest of this week!!!! lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chibo i know u not letting that slide! lmao! Even if u did have a comeback i know it wont be as good as what xzax said. LMAO!!!!

Xzax is learning! "sheds tear!"
You are such a ****.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
You are such a ****.
Except for the fact that you's a ***** and i ain't!!!!

Splooken!

Anyway on a more serious note. I really think im done with this game on a competitive level. Im just not good and my playstyle wont allow me to be good. I was playing TUSM earlier and even though i knew this all along it really stuck out tonight. This game punishes you for being offensive. There were matches where i did 200% more damage(i checked the stats) and still lost. I mean of course these were just friendlies and i wasn't really trying or anything(tusm probably wasn't either in his defense) But i mean it's not like my playstyle is going to change drastically from friendlies to tournaments. Maybe in tournaments i wont go for spikes and kill myself before 50% But thats all that will change. I just honestly don't have the patience to just walk back and forth looking for a opening. The only char that i can play with my playstyle and win is mk(which im not going to do) I honestly will never be good playing a fighter where being offensive puts you at a disadvantage. I always said that i hate when i lose with peach even though i outplay them and blaming the loss on her lack of ko power when in reality im not outplaying anyone as my style of play isn't the right way. Im kidding myself if i think i would win playing like that. Arrg.

Maybe im just mad and ill get over all this tomorrow morning lol.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Wow did I hit a soft spot? Ok sorry Evan, I didn't know you didn't want anyone to know =/ Soon enough you will come out of the closet and i will say "told you so XD"

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Anyway on a more serious note. I really think im done with this game on a competitive level. Im just not good and my playstyle wont allow me to be good. I was playing TUSM earlier and even though i knew this all along it really stuck out tonight. This game punishes you for being offensive. There were matches where i did 200% more damage(i checked the stats) and still lost. I mean of course these were just friendlies and i wasn't really trying or anything(tusm probably wasn't either in his defense) But i mean it's not like my playstyle is going to change drastically from friendlies to tournaments. Maybe in tournaments i wont go for spikes and kill myself before 50% But thats all that will change. I just honestly don't have the patience to just walk back and forth looking for a opening. The only char that i can play with my playstyle and win is mk(which im not going to do) I honestly will never be good playing a fighter where being offensive puts you at a disadvantage. I always said that i hate when i lose with peach even though i outplay them and blaming the loss on her lack of ko power when in reality im not outplaying anyone as my style of play isn't the right way. Im kidding myself if i think i would win playing like that. Arrg.

Maybe im just mad and ill get over all this tomorrow morning lol.
I sort of quit Brawl after that day we played at Matt's, lol. I've played since then, but I kind of lost my enthusiasm for the game since I realized that I'm probably not going to get much better.... I don't have the time to practice all crazy like most people do, and I don't have the natural talent to not practice. x.x

I say "sort of" because I'm not really sure how I feel about the whole thing yet....

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Stop complaining and get better. If you spend half the time practicing and getting smarter then bitc hin' then maybe you guys would get better. Idk about KayLo but Evan when you loose you say I always outplay people but end up loosing. Thats B.S if you outplayed people as much as you say you do you wouldn't loose as much as you do. If your going to give a good excuse about loosing or not doing well make it valid. And then you try to say its your characters. Peach isn't that bad and if you outplay people enough you will win. And Diddy is top tier so I don't wanna hear that ish.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Stop complaining and get better. If you spend half the time practicing and getting smarter then bitc hin' then maybe you guys would get better. Idk about KayLo but Evan when you loose you say I always outplay people but end up loosing. Thats B.S if you outplayed people as much as you say you do you wouldn't loose as much as you do. If your going to give a good excuse about loosing or not doing well make it valid. And then you try to say its your characters. Peach isn't that bad and if you outplay people enough you will win. And Diddy is top tier so I don't wanna hear that ish.
WTH??? Did u even read my post? I just said that i was wrong for saying i was outplaying people. Im to aggressive. To get better i need to not play as aggressive as i do. And thats a flaw within myself. Not a matter of skill. And thats saying alot from someone who plays mk(And dont say u have other chars cause i 2 stocked any other char u used already)

Also wth kaylo? Nothing drastic happened while playing at matt's for u to quit. lol Besides i dont think all your pika stalkers would let u quit anyway.

Just wait for a more official form of balanced brawl, play brawl+, or practice brawl

or melee?
I would love to play brawl+ if other people actually wanted to play. Even though tusm plays it sometimes i feel like im forcing him to play it since i know he doesn't like it. So even if i win it don't mean anything to me. Haven't had a chance to try out bbrawl yet(**** broken sd slot lol)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
No you always say it even on Wi-Fi I seen your win/looses and you say it to me all the time when we play. Don't say you outplay people and loose because if you truely outplay people you wouldn't looses as much as you do.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
No you always say it even on Wi-Fi I seen your win/looses and you say it to me all the time when we play. Don't say you outplay people and loose because if you truely outplay people you wouldn't looses as much as you do.
Wifi i went zss/ic's like 40% And why the hell do u keep bringing up the outplay people thing when i just said twice that i was wrong about that.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Yay for brawl.

Sigh.

Kendall, I know exactly how you feel. You too, Evan. The game is too one-dimensional the way it is now, and heavily favors a defensive playstyle. It's pretty ********. There doesn't seem to be any quick fix, and nothing ever feels like "enough."

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I don't want a balanced fighter, whats the fun of learning how to main an Olimar if a Ganon will do the same. The game will be mad boring. If you all are going to start quitting Brawl, you should go pro in Halo 3, looks like you have enough quitters to form a team. (I am just saying quitters cause its faster then naming everyone) Halo 3 is mad fun, but its tough to find a team that won't quit on you.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
WTH??? Did u even read my post? I just said that i was wrong for saying i was outplaying people. Im to aggressive. To get better i need to not play as aggressive as i do. And thats a flaw within myself. Not a matter of skill. And thats saying alot from someone who plays mk(And dont say u have other chars cause i 2 stocked any other char u used already)

MK isn't allowed to be super aggressive either.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Brawl is amazing fool
vbrawl is garbage, xzax.
Meh, it all depends. As a game by itself, it's amazing. Competitive-wise, it leaves much to be desired.

I don't want a balanced fighter, whats the fun of learning how to main an Olimar if a Ganon will do the same. The game will be mad boring. If you all are going to start quitting Brawl, you should go pro in Halo 3, looks like you have enough quitters to form a team. (I am just saying quitters cause its faster then naming everyone) Halo 3 is mad fun, but its tough to find a team that won't quit on you.
OK. I would rather see a game where more than 3 characters win tournaments, and even three is being a little lenient. I used to think Melee was all Fox and Falco, maybe some Marth and Captain Falcon, but now I ealize that many more characters are tournament viable (See: Genesis). Balanced Brawl, though nothing more than a novelty, similar to that of Brawl+, aims to increase the usage of more characters. I mean, even Brawl+ did a good job of that, but that's more for people aiming for a........"better" game of Brawl.

You know what, I think that's the motivation I was looking for. I'm gonna "quit" Brawl too. I'm going back to Melee.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I know melee as a game never died but is the scene big enough in philly to warrant playing it again? I mean i think everyone is going overboard saying they are "quitting" brawl. Yall know yall not. I know im not. I was talking from a competitive point. Anyway i know for a fact brawl has messed up any melee playing for me. It's just not going to work.

Besides there are alot of chars in brawl that i like that aren't in melee.

GOTM

Smash Champion
the philly scene is definitely still big enough.

ak wants to play again, i play, cactus, pakman, scar, chibo still plays, vex still plays, xzax plays, lounge people play, roykid is coming back, freakin, dobs? although hes goin back to penn state.

theres a lot of people. and even more in NJ/NY

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Xzax: You play MK. All of your arguments are null and void. You sold your soul.

@Evan: Eh, I've been feeling kind of "meh" about Brawl since before Matt's. I had that week or so where I felt like playing it, but besides the whole skill issue, it's just not really that fun anymore. I'm sticking around the Pika/Zelda boards for the community (and you guys, I guess, but I can see y'all offline, lol) and to finish up a few projects, but when it's a chore for me to practice and try to get better, that means I'm not having fun and it's time to quit. Maybe not forever.... and I'm sure I'll still play. But definitely not on any hardcore level.

I don't want to start bashing Brawl and being a killjoy for people who still like the game, because I loved it too at one point.... not gonna hate on anyone for not losing that. But for me, it's starting to become more and more obvious how not fun Brawl is on a competitive level compared to other games. Watching tournaments for Melee and Street Fighter got me more excited than Brawl tournaments do at this point. That's sad, because I don't even play those games.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I know melee as a game never died but is the scene big enough in philly to warrant playing it again? I mean i think everyone is going overboard saying they are "quitting" brawl. Yall know yall not. I know im not. I was talking from a competitive point. Anyway i know for a fact brawl has messed up any melee playing for me. It's just not going to work.

Besides there are alot of chars in brawl that i like that aren't in melee.
I didn't mean literally quit, I meant quit in the same fashion as everyone else; i.e., not really. But, I am going to start melee-ing, hardcore style. I mean it this time.

Link, here I come.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
@Xzax: You play MK. All of your arguments are null and void. You sold your soul.

@Evan: Eh, I've been feeling kind of "meh" about Brawl since before Matt's. I had that week or so where I felt like playing it, but besides the whole skill issue, it's just not really that fun anymore. I'm sticking around the Pika/Zelda boards for the community (and you guys, I guess, but I can see y'all offline, lol) and to finish up a few projects, but when it's a chore for me to practice and try to get better, that means I'm not having fun and it's time to quit. Maybe not forever.... and I'm sure I'll still play. But definitely not on any hardcore level.

I don't want to start bashing Brawl and being a killjoy for people who still like the game, because I loved it too at one point.... not gonna hate on anyone for not losing that. But for me, it's starting to become more and more obvious how not fun Brawl is on a competitive level compared to other games. Watching tournaments for Melee and Street Fighter got me more excited than Brawl tournaments do at this point. That's sad, because I don't even play those games.
Wow your dumber then I thought. Practicing and working on things doesn't change because I use MK. MK isn't uber broken and still takes some kind of skill. And if you say spamming nado or anything like that you are truly a fool.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Wow your dumber then I thought. Practicing and working on things doesn't change because I use MK. MK isn't uber broken and still takes some kind of skill. And if you say spamming nado or anything like that you are truly a fool.
Clearly you can't recognize a joke/dry humor when you see it.

But blindly insulting people seems like something a 12-year-old would do, so I'm not really surprised. :)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Well my bad for not recognizing dry humor online, when you always say that I use MK so it doesn't matter in-person seriously. My bad Kendall..........

Top Bottom