• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official TGC Event #1! 209 entrants! Houston, Tx!

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Shout Out time

•Knife- Thank you for teaming up with me, and I apologize for my performance ): I feel like I let us down man lol. Shoot me a txt whenever you want to play, or hmu on that online. Hope we can do teams again for future events.

•Oni•n- How you like that shield break to Falcon Punch lol?? GG's Man. Also I was hyped for your game with Xyro, awesome spike on him.

•Xyro- Thanks for running a great tournament with so many people. You guys (other TO's and whoever helped out) handled it to the best of your ability's. Also GG's on our friendlies and doubles.

•Nk- Ill beat your Ness next time :glare:... (and whoever was cheering for me behind me thx man lol, made me chuckle)

•Mike- Thank you for the games, and thx for thx tips against Ness. Ill be sure to apply what you told me, see you around.

•SPIFF- GG's man, had fun playing your Falco and MK. Don't really see those characters often.

•Beam- Great Bowser Jr. I'll learn the match-up and whoop you next time I see you :shades:

•MPH- Screw your Rosalina, ill bop you next time :shades::shades: I'll learn the match-up :ohwell:

•Gaius- Nice meeting you man, lets get some games in next time (:

To whoever I played and didn't catch your name I apologize, GG's to everyone.

I feel like I did horrible this tournament, ill try and get better in the areas of my mistakes and character match-ups. My only complaints about the event were (and I'm sure everyone else is also complaining about it) the food was overpriced mayunn. I could of used my $10 @ whataburger or something and gotten more out of it instead of 2 items. Really dissapointed in that. Other complaint is that I literally sat 3 hours waiting for my 1st singles match, while many Tv's were not even being used!! Many people had the same complaint, and I saw some that just left because it took so long. Other than that good stuff on the tournament. Learn from this event to make the next one even bigger :D

Last edited:

samboner

Smash Rookie
Channeling my inner Marshawn Lynch

Shout out to Espy for being a really awesome dude. Youre a really friendly, down to earth guy and your Sonic is legit. That story that you told me made me depressed. Nice seeing you again!

Shout out to Cyanide for using mk and being a cool dude. Your mk makes me think he's top tier again. Also, our friendlies were awesome. Your Luigi is too good bro

Shout out to Fliphop for being clutch as always. You always place well and you make Houston proud. I was hoping you'd win it all, man. Good seeing you again bro. Do you still play Marvel? You were the best at that game too.

Shout out to MegaFox for inspiring me to use fox again. The tables have turned lol. You're so good! I was completely lost during our set. I always thought he was bad in this game :l so thank you.

Shout out to Xyro for being a good host as always. Your Samus made my **** hard. Good seeing you again buddy.

Shout out to Eduardo. LOL I didnt know you played smash competitively. I was surprised af that you remembered me from high school even though we were a grade apart. We need to go hang out with zeke, peter, victor, and the rest of the crew soon LOL. Also tell your friend his kirby was impressive xD

Shout out to Trela for being Trela. Your bae is really good and tricky. Long time no see buddy!

Shout out to Razer for dominating as always. We didnt play, but I saw your falcon was tearing it up! man youre one of smash bro's bestest players ever.

Shout out to MJG for scaring the **** outta me with that diddy of yours. That set was crazy good! Nice meeting you!

Shout out to Iggy for having one of the bestest Rosalinas out there. Our set was crazy good. really ggs man.

Shout out to Furbs for not aging at all. I didnt get to see your Yoshi in action, but I know its one of the best still. I mained him in Brawl! Good seeing you dude!

Shout out to my little brother Mbohn who did really good for his first major tournament!

Shout out to Slush for having a BEAST Yoshi! when you got me trapped against that wall in Delfino I **** myself. Seriously, really good Yoshi! Nice meeting you xD

Sorry if I left anybody else out that I met. It was a long day :l Forgive me

Last edited:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Now that Im fully recovered from Texas Gaming Championships I want to say this is 1 of my favorite tournaments Ive ever hosted. We all made history at this historical event and I want to say Thank You to everyone that attended. TGC had 400 people in total including competitors and spectators making this the largest event I have hosted. Congratulations to all the champions that placed in Smash 4, Umvc3, KI, Usf4, Project M and Melee. I want to give shoutouts to everyone who traveled to this event from Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Florida, Louisiana and every major city in Texas. I also want to give shoutouts to the TGC Tournament Helper Crew Justin Brown, Quince Easter, Antonio Alexander, Mojo, Jake 13, Caileb, Alex, Devin for helping run brackets and seeding. A special shoutout goes to Allan Sims/Xyro for running a 209 man smash 4 bracket within a couple of hours. This is very challenging to get done within a few hours and so hats off to you for this major accomplishment.

I had alot of questions going into this event and everyone of those questions has been answered. Moving forward with the TGC series, I decided that I will take everyone on a TGC venue tour and this means that TGC events will be at different venues. The tour ends in December which is TGC 6 and the last event of 2015. After TGC 6 Im going to do a poll and ask everyone which venue they liked the most and whatever venue everyone likes the most I will discuss with the venue management about making it the home of TGC for 2016 - the future. This can go 2 ways, we can either stay on a Tour and keep touring the city of Houston at different venues or stay at a venue permanently. Now that TGC 1 is in the record books TGC 2 will be April 25 and TGC 3 will be June 20. I will be announcing the venue and details soon. Im glad everyone had a good time and I will be making some announcements soon so stay tuned!

TGC Store: I have been getting alot of questions about when and where people can buy TGC clothing. Me and my design team are designing a store and it will be ready soon so stay tuned for the announcement. In the meantime bookmark this site: http://www.TGCstore.club

TGC Brackets: Smash 4: http://challonge.com/users/tgc_xyro & Umvc3/PM/Melee/Usf4/KI: http://challonge.com/users/tgc

Trela

Smash Lord
Finally alive again after coming down with some kind of sickness from this tournament. Yesterday was painful....

Would normally do shoutouts, but there's just too many people this time around for something like that. I thank you all for making this tournament for what it was, and while it may have been a slow process, we made it through the whole thing in the end. I promise you all that we will learn from the mistakes of this tournament and be very much prepared for what comes our way next time. The Houston scene continues to grow exponentially, and it's amazing.

Until next time!

Oh, by the way Xyro, I went all Robin in Singles as well.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'll update the OP with character corrections in the morning. Thanks guys.

SamBlueBox

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBlueBoxx
BlueBox went as :4kirby:
BB went as :4samus:
Eduardo went as :4villager:

It was really fun!! Met tons of cool people and got to watch a lot of cool matches being played. Everyone was super friendly and a blast too talk to. Only complaints would be the pricing on the food and some of the long waits.

I knew it would be expensive but I didn't expect super over-priced food haha.

It was our first time to something this big, all in all I think it ran quite smooth still. I guess we should of have brought our own setups, will do for next time to help run smoother.

Also I think the wireless controller problem will be fixed once we get more GameCube adapters. For right now they are too rare and expensive to try to get right now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Does terribly feral count?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If you watch MegaFox, he is not "feral." He knows what hes doing.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Being feral isn't bad. It's just feral.

heytallman

CTALL
Guys, I could use some help.

Obviously it's impossible to watch all the matches, but does anyone have any suggestions for some of the top moments of the tournament? When vids go up I'll be pulling a few moments from the tournament to include in my big video. If anyone has any suggestions for some things to include, I'd appreciate it.

e: after putting together what I shot that wasn't match highlights, we're sitting at about 17 minutes. Get ready for one long video, my dudes.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Me vs BC was the most hype set next to Onion and Xyro.
Next few hype matches was Zori and Tesh :3

Xyro, update OP with that table thingy so we can all get those hot snoreboreds points.

Sarcasm aside from the entire post, why don't you put the total amount of $$$ people win.

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Welp

Wait why does it say I used toon link in doubles I only have used Megaman in tourney

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Guys, I could use some help.

Obviously it's impossible to watch all the matches, but does anyone have any suggestions for some of the top moments of the tournament? When vids go up I'll be pulling a few moments from the tournament to include in my big video. If anyone has any suggestions for some things to include, I'd appreciate it.

e: after putting together what I shot that wasn't match highlights, we're sitting at about 17 minutes. Get ready for one long video, my dudes.
Dojo vs BC
Xyro vs Onion
Game 9 on doubles grand finals
Secret Samboner Surprise (and any related salt)
Trela's survival training vs Shaky
Paw vs Razer

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Sadly, the old man only recorded the first match so no spike footage.:(

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Little sad trela vs flip wasn't recorded...

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah :( We all have school/work/life going on. Next time i'll just do it all myself. It took me a day and a half to upload 4G singles AND doubles, but I got it done.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Videos when?
Krebs
Leaf.
tallman?

Samboner played against me, but do not think tallman was around to record it sadly, I wanted to look at that silly Dtilt chain I got since he kept missing the tech.

Late shoutouts :^)
13: Slush:4yoshi: - Good games bro!
Why is diddy allowed to use literally any move to get rewarded. My options are near 0 from two of your aerials alone, so it feels miserable when a diddy can just even use upb to kill cause why the hell not.
Help...

Slush - Grats on knocking me out of the tournament. You're the only good Yoshi I'd ever played and you were going for some nutty spikes. Respect. I thought it was funny when I banned WuHu Island and you didn't even know that was legal haha. The first time I got cheesed on kongo jungle was by DK, and Yoshi on that stage was also gross...don't expect to ever play me on that stage again. WP though!
I forgot this was houston and they allowed wuhu and walk off stages. Had to play a Littlemac earlier and it was literally Satan.
I chose KJ64 cause I didn't wanna die early. It worked. gg

Slush - Shoutouts to your SA cheerleaders squad acting like every f-air spike would kill villager
The Heatseeking nose kills eventually, no child is safe.

Sinister Slush- Good **** placing 13th, we need to play some time.
Going to SAM? We can play friendlies there.

Shout out to Slush for having a BEAST Yoshi! when you got me trapped against that wall in Delfino I **** myself. Seriously, really good Yoshi! Nice meeting you xD
GG
Sheik is hard to play against too as Yoshi.
...pleH
I was unstoppable, I just know it.

Sweet Houston, you're cool man.
See most of yall at SAM 3.

SA, we're good. Like the best.

Last edited:

heytallman

CTALL
Still waiting on videos that aren't Grand Finals/random other ones here and there. I might just post the video with only GFs and LFs clips, because I'm sick of waiting.

edit: the video is 20 minutes long anyway, so I'll finish it up and upload it tonight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom