• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official TGC Event #1! 209 entrants! Houston, Tx!

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Hey guys, Karna here - I'm running on not much sleep so reserved as I pass out.

Shout outs to 209 entrants. That's HUGE.
Thank you Xyro, ABK and Le Jardin Events for making this happen.

Congrats to the top 16 who all did better than me.

Fliphop - I tore through all the other diddy kongs I played but I've still never been able to take a game off you man. I'm getting better so that won't be true for long. Grats on top 5!

Espy - First time I've ever played against sonic and now I know why he's good. I could tell you were a really experienced player by the way you would engineer unfavorable situations for me. I felt like I kept the games close and I know what I did wrong so watch out next time.

Nicole - Thanks for the money match and friendlies! I don't think there are any good ZSS players in Houston so it was definitely a treat to play against a good one. Glad you could make it down.

Bluebird - Props on tearing through losers bracket and not letting the slip ups in our match affect your play negatively later.

MPH -Looks like you've improved a lot since the tournament at my house. Glad to see my advice on changing mains to Rosalina has been beneficial...even if I do hate that character.

Trela - Thanks for the friendlies! Even though we only played 5 or 6 games I felt like I learned a lot and upped my level of play. I'd like to practice more with you man.

Slush - Grats on knocking me out of the tournament. You're the only good Yoshi I'd ever played and you were going for some nutty spikes. Respect. I thought it was funny when I banned WuHu Island and you didn't even know that was legal haha. The first time I got cheesed on kongo jungle was by DK, and Yoshi on that stage was also gross...don't expect to ever play me on that stage again. WP though!

Thank you Gnes, Nicole, Trela and Tesh for giving me advice when I asked. Hopefully I can return the favor when I'm a little more experienced.

I ended up placing 17th-24th so I was pretty disappointed. I wanted top eight. I want to get first. It'll happen.

PS. I'm always down to money match anyone so come at me.
Interesting

Top Bottom