• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnes

Smash Master
Who are you again? You do know that TX traveled a TON in the summer of 09 and I'm assuming it's going to happen again this summer. TBH Gnes doesn't really go OOS, it's really just me dojo and razer who travel frequently as of late.
Uhhhhh......what????

As of late...this shiz is 2010...and I've traveled just as much as razer recently. Summer of 2009...wtf.

Gtfo bailphat

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No one from texas has traveled as much as me.

Except maybe dojo.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Who are you again? You do know that TX traveled a TON in the summer of 09 and I'm assuming it's going to happen again this summer. TBH Gnes doesn't really go OOS, it's really just me dojo and razer who travel frequently as of late.
"Who are you again" i guess thats supposed to be some type of insult? lol 3 or 4 people out of 10..

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i thought it was a legit question. your question gives off the impression that you travel alot, which could be true but not a lot of people know who you are.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
FINALLY, the days of the ****ty PR are over. The coming moments will bring a FAIR and unbiased future for all of tx.....

Xyro77

THATS RIGHT, VAN! You will not oppress us whites ANYMORE! THE DAYS OF TERROR ARE OVER!

Turazrok

Smash Master
He wants to combine LA/TX. Bad idea is bad.
Half the LA players don't go to hobo and most TX players don't go to any LA tournies.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Flounda the last time someone from TX came to an LA tourney was LaST. It's been a while. My point is that people like you and I who do not go to TX tournies will not be properly represented against TX players.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Probably not, but if we don't go to both tournaments, then what's the point? It's like saying I'm the best in the South, but I only go to local tournaments. We provide nothing of substance to show our skill level. If we wanted to truly show what we're made of, then we'd go to TX tournaments. It's a ***** reality, but we just have to accept it and do something about it.

If the new system encourages more participation from both states, then I have no problem with trying it out.

lol LA ppl having a convo in the TX thread.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I think that we could have a combined one. It's not bad, as long as it doesn't REPLACE the la pr, and the tex pr. Flounda, we wouldn't be sayin we are the best in the south. We would say best in LA, since it's the LA pr we are topping. No local only player says that they are the best in a region. If they do, they're a noob.

i really wish you guys would combine with us(tx) like md/va does.
im not doing anything.
lol

Turazrok

Smash Master
Probably not, but if we don't go to both tournaments, then what's the point? It's like saying I'm the best in the South, but I only go to local tournaments. We provide nothing of substance to show our skill level. If we wanted to truly show what we're made of, then we'd go to TX tournaments. It's a ***** reality, but we just have to accept it and do something about it.

If the new system encourages more participation from both states, then I have no problem with trying it out.

lol LA ppl having a convo in the TX thread.
I wanted their opinions since no one knew about this apparently. But for instance, I'm never going to a HOBO. Probably. So even if I consistently beat everyone in LA, no one from texas comes to LA and I never go to TX. So where do I go on this PR? No inui logic.

ChKn

Smash Ace
If you beat Lee Martin consistently, then you deserve something. If there were two separate PRs, then a unified system would just be lagniappe.

I have no clue what the new system is, so predicting how that would actually affect us is just a crap shoot.

Xyro77

Right now, all of you are just GUESSING. You dont KNOW anything at this moment. This new system is much more accurate as well as FAIR. Its unbias and has no panel(yes you read right). This system is different because our scene is different.

Dallas almost never goes to hobo
Houston almost never goes to phase
RGV/El paso almost never goes to anything
Tx(as a whole) doesnt travel.
La has 3-4 legit players on thier pr, the rest are there cause spaces need to be filled.
Tx doesnt go to La events(which is ********)

This new system CAN fix ALL of the above problems. It promotes competition/turnout and does not alienate anybody. Where you stand now on your current PR will not change. You are just being migrated to one PR like Md/Va(east coast) does.

EDIT: im not ranting and i am not in control. Zac will be the one makin the thread and rules.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
So you're trying to take away my beloved panel?

This isn't the "new deal" FDR lmao

Jkjk I'll hear out your rant :)

But humor me, how do we keep the same numbers if we're squished into one list?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Everyones going to like the new PR. Dojo especially, actually.
You guys will just have to see how the new system is. It won't work how the old PR worked at all or the LA pr. Combining TX/LA is just one part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom