• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

Zorya

Smash Ace
I think the ownership of this thread should go to me...seeing as how Flipatroopa doesn't even log on anymore....

T-major

Smash Champion
yeah. if anyone, I think it should go to Tirkaro. as far as I've seen, he's the biggest Takamaru supporter on Smashboards, as well as organized enough to run a thread.

him, or parrothead. because parrothead makes some awesome support threads. :D

T-major

Smash Champion
How do you change thread ownership anyway?
I'm pretty sure we would have to make a new thread to do that (at least thats what happened with the Claus thread). we would have to ask a Mod to close this one, so that we can make another one...

unless Mods have the power to change the topic starter, that way someone else can edit it...

T-major

Smash Champion
No, My username is Ralph_Marquee
I figured that out... don't remember how, but I did... I think you said you were him in another thread, just can't remember which one...

If you look at my post on there...youll see that I am a hug Takamaru supporter.
which post would that be? really, I don't care who makes the thread, (if were actually planing on makeing a new one, that is) just as long as they're organized, active enough, and know what there talking about.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
arite your link doesnt help much...it just tells me theres no match or w/e...

and seriously showing alot of support doesnt make you the biggest Takamaru supporter here...

besides theres really no need to make another Takamaru thread thing....IMHO...

courte

Smash Lord
for the kunai idea, would it be done?? i think a more liekly idea would be he actually throws 3 kunai but in a straight line they look as one hiding in each others shadows ((yea like naruto sorry)) tilting up and down slighty for a wise spread throW and charging it will change it from kunai>flames>the blades

as for focus blade an augmentation to the katana's swordslap?? using/holding the focus {{increased time frame 1 sec charge/3 sec hold??}} would add hits to the sword slap--think johnny from guilty gear x-- just throwing it out there :chuckle:

Zorya

Smash Ace
Zorya/Ralph_Marquee's Taka special moves

B: Turns invisible for 10 seconds.

^B: Takamaru jumps in the air, does a stationary front somersault, then falls back down with his sword in both hands. Giant slice going downwards.

>B: Kunai throwing. Throws kunais/shuriken's forward. Longer you hold B, further they goes.

VB: Sword counter. When a projectile is thrown or shot at Taka, he jolts his sword forward about 4 degrees and slaps it back to the sender.

ohh, be gentle....:cool:

T-major

Smash Champion

^B: Takamaru jumps in the air, does a stationary front somersault, then falls back down with his sword in both hands. Giant slice going downwards.

>B: Kunai throwing. Throws kunais/shuriken's forward. Longer you hold B, further they goes.

VB: Sword counter. When a projectile is thrown or shot at Taka, he jolts his sword forward about 4 degrees and slaps it back to the sender.

turning invisible is more suited for a down B, if you ask me. and the Up B you suggested sucks... in terms of both concept, and functionality... someone (think it was Zen Jester) suggested a Fox Illusion type move with a delayed reaction to the slash (Like Sephiroth's attack in Kingdom Hearts 2), and you could change the direction of it like Fox's Up B. I like that Idea the best; It fits the Samurai theme, and is just plain awesome.

courte

Smash Lord
i was sort of hoping someone would reply with their opinions on my post

10 **** seconds?? i can do alot invisible in just 3 seconds just a long time imo at least

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My moveset: (Since everyone's doing one. :p)

B: SWITCH (between 3 types of shuriken):
-kunai: weak + flinching
-flame: weak + burning
-blades: strong + upward knockback

B Tilt: THROW (throw selected kunai. It's usually forward but throws may come in three more shapes)
-3 shuriken forward (if charged 1 second)
-4 shuriken to four sides (if charged 2 seconds)
-3 shuriken "shotgun" (if charged 3 seconds)

B Down: CLOAK (cloaking is indefinite, but it disables your THROWing.

B Up: Iai-jutsu jump (sword drawing technique. If done on ground it has high priority. On air it's weaker but it covers distance (65% horizontal 35% vertical)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
My moveset: (Since everyone's doing one. :p)

B: SWITCH (between 3 types of shuriken):
-kunai: weak + flinching
-flame: weak + burning
-blades: strong + upward knockback

B Tilt: THROW (throw selected kunai. It's usually forward but throws may come in three more shapes)
-3 shuriken forward (if charged 1 second)
-4 shuriken to four sides (if charged 2 seconds)
-3 shuriken "shotgun" (if charged 3 seconds)

B Down: CLOAK (cloaking is indefinite, but it disables your THROWing.

B Up: Iai-jutsu jump (sword drawing technique. If done on ground it has high priority. On air it's weaker but it covers distance (65% horizontal 35% vertical)
That's good but side special should throw random shuriken.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That's good but side special should throw random shuriken.
B is pretty much a null command. It allows you to change projectile type.

My idea of B is that you toggle between 3 projectile types (kunai, flames and blades), and you throw (selected projectile) with B-Tilt.

Your opponent won't know what to expect. Plus with the added feature of charging your shuriken, their direcion and quantity varies... but then again.. it'd be too random and confusing... But I think many would eventually get used to it. :p

(think Megaman Zero / X like crossover. Zero's quick weapon shifting + X's multiple charge shots)

T-major

Smash Champion
B is pretty much a null command. It allows you to change projectile type.

My idea of B is that you toggle between 3 projectile types (kunai, flames and blades), and you throw (selected projectile) with B-Tilt.

Your opponent won't know what to expect. Plus with the added feature of charging your shuriken, their direcion and quantity varies... but then again.. it'd be too random and confusing... But I think many would eventually get used to it. :p

(think Megaman Zero / X like crossover. Zero's quick weapon shifting + X's multiple charge shots)
hmm... could work, but it would be confusing; unless theres some way to tell ahead of time which type of Kunai you have.

my vision of how the kunai would work something like...

Tap B [Kunai]: Takamaru throws a regular kunai strait forward that causes opponents to flinch. taping rapidly will throw them rapidly, a la Fox's blaster. it's the weakest, but also the fastest.

Hold B [Blade]: hold B for about 0.7 seconds and Takamaru will throw a blade. it moves strait and slowly, but is larger than the kunai so it has a bigger hit box (about the size of Link's Boomerang). if it makes contact, it causes multiple hits (max is 5 hits, after that it vanishes), and can cause some heavy damage if all hits make contact. slowest, but most powerful.

Hold B longer [Fire Ball]: after about 1.2 seconds, Takamaru's hand will glow with a fire effect; this means that his Fire ball is ready! when thrown, it sends out 3 fire balls that fly in a "shot gun" like formation, getting wider as they travel. it moves faster than the blades, but not as fast as the kunai. it isn't as strong as the blades, but is more powerful than the kunai, and covers a wider area.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
hmm... could work, but it would be confusing; unless theres some way to tell ahead of time which type of Kunai you have.

my vision of how the kunai would work something like...

Tap B [Kunai]: Takamaru throws a regular kunai strait forward that causes opponents to flinch. taping rapidly will throw them rapidly, a la Fox's blaster. it's the weakest, but also the fastest.

Hold B [Blade]: hold B for about 0.7 seconds and Takamaru will throw a blade. it moves strait and slowly, but is larger than the kunai so it has a bigger hit box (about the size of Link's Boomerang). if it makes contact, it causes multiple hits (max is 5 hits, after that it vanishes), and can cause some heavy damage if all hits make contact. slowest, but most powerful.

Hold B longer [Fire Ball]: after about 1.2 seconds, Takamaru's hand will glow with a fire effect; this means that his Fire ball is ready! when thrown, it sends out 3 fire balls that fly in a "shot gun" like formation, getting wider as they travel. it moves faster than the blades, but not as fast as the kunai. it isn't as strong as the blades, but is more powerful than the kunai, and covers a wider area.
You should just be able to hold the B button down and he throws a kunai, blade then just keeps throwing fireballs...maybe.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I was just adding that to what you said...that you could also just hold it down and it's would progress from a kunai to fireballs.

T-major

Smash Champion
I was just adding that to what you said...that you could also just hold it down and it's would progress from a kunai to fireballs.
so, you agree with my idea?... sorry, but I still don't quite get it.

do you mean you hold it and he will automatically throw them? or that you charge it?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
so, you agree with my idea?... sorry, but I still don't quite get it.

do you mean you hold it and he will automatically throw them? or that you charge it?
hold and it would automatically throw kunai, then blade, then keep throwing fireballs.

T-major

Smash Champion
hold and it would automatically throw kunai, then blade, then keep throwing fireballs.
oh.... I don't like it... not very "smash like", as courte said. it sounds like a special move that Takamaru would have if he was in a game like street fighter.

dudes... some one should totally make a Takamaru character for MUGEN! that would OWN! :O

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Well, next weekend the final roster will be revealed in korokoro. If Takamaru is revealed I will be sure to report back here with the news, if no one else does. Also I will try to get some scans. GOOD LUCK to us Takamru fans!

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Seems like a very cool character, but my swordsman vote goes to Isaac.
I would bet that this guy has an equal chance, though. He showed up on Sakurai's list after all.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Seems like a very cool character, but my swordsman vote goes to Isaac.
I would bet that this guy has an equal chance, though. He showed up on Sakurai's list after all.
:/...........
sorry, but there's a couple things wrong with that post:
for one, isaac is hardly a sword user. If he's going to have a moveset in smash, it will most likely revolve around psynergy.

second, there is no actual limit to sword users in brawl. In fact, where the heck did this whole "sword users=SUCK" thing come from? I mean, seriously, where did sakurai say that he wouldn't add too many sword users?

Ah well. It's just something that's been bothering me :ohwell:

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea the whole sword users thing is just ********...but I think clones kinda helped that come up but I dunno...

honestly, if people wanna ***** about an overabundance of certain types of fighters, then people should be saying 'no more fist fighters'....

but yea....

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
yeah their isn't that many in brawl that have swords just Meta-Knight and Link at this point, but i can see Isaac, Ganondorf, Marth, Claus, Young Link(Wind Waker styled) and Takamaru.

Top Bottom