• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Yeah. Nazo no Murasame jou has to be like the easiest Nintendo property NES game for them to translate. What's holding them back!? It's so awesome. T.T They could easily have what little dialogue there is translated and coded in under a day.
Edit- I know. ^.^ You're exercizing your point, and I'm making my own. Sword wielders are really popular, and we don't want too many sword wielders for Brawl so a lot of them are going to be AT'd in favour of other characters. :p

I mean, at this point we're 100% sure to get Marth/Sigurd and Ganondorf (who will probably have a sword), so Takamaru has plenty of room.
You seem to really like takamaru, have you played his game?

Hong

The Strongest
You seem to really like takamaru, have you played his game?
Yes. I have also played many Japanese games before they were made known to the rest of the world, like Fire Emblem. I had this friend of mine who was really into imports. Good times.

You don't need to know Japanese to play Nazo no Murasame jou, though. Very hack-n-slash.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Are there any good movesets made for him?, the one on the front page reminded me of naruto.. believe it.
venus of the dessert bloom made a good one:

Takamaru
From the Japanese-only game, Nazo no Murasame-jō (Mystery of Murasame Castle) comes the samurai Takamaru. Takamaru gives SSBB a unique and traditional field with his honor code. Easily one of the fastest swordsman, his attacks depend on speed and speed alone. This however allows Takamaru to sneak in more attacks then usual with his speed. Most of his attacks depend on almost invisible sword attacks or sneak attacks that allows you to distance yourself from your opponent but be on them in an instant.

Stage: Murasame Castle

Moveset:
A, A, A = Slice, Slash, Circle Moon
Delivers two sword attacks and then a spinning sword attack.
Side A = Sonic Slash
Steps forward and delivers a very fast slash attack.
Down A = Leg Slash
Performs a very fast slash attack at the legs.
Up A = Crescent Moon
Produces a small crescent slash over his head.
Air A = Kick
Kicks the opponent while in the air.
Air Side A = Triangle Line
Performs a very quick triangle movement with his sword.
Air Down A = Downward Spiral
Thrusts his sword downwards which is engulfed in a spiral-like energy.
Air Up A – Crescent Charge
Attacks the opponent with a straight head on charge.
Running A = Instant Death
Disappears and then reappears in front of the opponent, attacking with a quick sword attack.
Side Smash = Hyper Thrust
Reels back and thrusts his sword forward; producing a power piercing attack.
Down Smash = Descending Oblivion
Reels back and descends in a circle while slicing with 3 hits.
Up Smash = Crescent Ascension
Reels back and performs a Crescent Moon but energy is shot from Takamaru upwards in a shape of a crescent.

B = Thousand Blades
Hold down B for Takamaru to perform many extremely fast sword attacks.
Side B = Flash
A flash lights up the screen in which Takamaru will appear behind the closest opponent allowing a combo. No lag time.
Down B = Takamaru disappears in a puff of smoke only to appear above the opponent. He then releases a energy wielding spiral sword attack downwards. It has some lag time though.
Up B= Sword Ascension
Takamaru places his sword under his foot, jumps up on the handle, grabs the sword and performs a lighting quick sword attack.
Grab =
A = Knee (knees the opponent opponent)
Front Throw = Holds the opponent, delivers many quick slice attacks and throws them out.
Back Throw = Tosses the opponent backwards and does several slice attacks as they fall.
Up Throw = Throws the opponent up and then lands on Takamaru’s fist.
Down Throw = Grabs the opponent, flips them over onto the ground, and then kicks them away.

Final Smash: Heaven Sword- Takamaru dashes forward, the screen goes dark for a second save for sakura blossoms floating on the screen. Then there is the sound of hits being taken. It goes back to the normal screen, the characters are left standing. However, one of them takes a lot of damage. Takamaru then appears behind that opponent and performs a quick high damage attack to finish it off.

Kirby Hat: Takamaru's blue hair and ponytail.
Stage Entrance: A puff of smoke explodes and Takamaru appears and bows.
Taunt: Says "Chotto mattedegozaru*", ties his sandals, and then stands back up.
Victory Pose: (1) Takes his sword, slices a bit, and then sheathes it back.
(2) Notices his sandal is untied, ties it, and then bows.
(3) Is startled, looks around, and dissapears in a puff of smoke.
Alternate Costumes: Blue livery coat, purple kimono, and brown hakama. Green livery coat, white kimono, and red-brown hakama. Purple livery coat, blue kimono, and black hakama.

* = I am not a expert at old fashioned polite Japanese but I do believe ~de gozarou is the correct term after such things like kudasai and such.

Hong

The Strongest
Are there any good movesets made for him?, the one on the front page reminded me of naruto.. believe it.
Well, that's to be expected for his special moves. Naruto = Ninja. Takamaru = Samurai with a few ninja abilities. Special moves are what define a character, so if Takamaru is a samurai with ninja abilities, bushido and ninjistu are bound to be an influence. While his fighting style is mostly centered around bushido, Takamaru also has the ability to go invisible, walk on water, launch fire balls and dispose of many foes with a burst of lightning.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Well, that's to be expected for his special moves. Naruto = Ninja. Takamaru = Samurai with a few ninja abilities. Special moves are what define a character, so if Takamaru is a samurai with ninja abilities, bushido and ninjistu are bound to be an influence. While his fighting style is mostly centered around bushido, Takamaru also has the ability to go invisible, walk on water, launch fire balls and dispose of many foes with a burst of lightning.
Those abilities give me better thoughts on what he could possibly do in brawl.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
also I think his description in the instruction booklet says that his speed with the sword is unmatched...so Ill let you think the rest...

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
I would also like to support Takamaru. He is a good retro character that would be a great addition to Brawl.

Is there a sig picture?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I love the moveset... save for two things...

1.- His B attacks... where are his shuriken? (throwing stuff in general) Knives, flames and blades in different directions? For example...

B-Tilt =Single knife, Triple Knife (one straight and two <s), quadruple knives (throws knives in 4 directions.)

B = Switch shuriken (First B changes knives (quick shooting no flinch) into Flames (slowest but causes burn-flinches) B second time will switch from flames to blades (high knockback, poor damage), B third time will change Blades to knives once again)

The rest are ok.

2.- His final smash could be that thunder move he uses in the game.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea this is my idea of a moveset...

B: Kunai: he tosses a kunai forward. Holding it can release three kunais. sometimes he throws fireballs which do not travel as fast or as far but do more damage or double-sided blades which are weaker than the fireballs but do drill damage...

UpB: Flash Blade - arite if anyone has played Kingdom Hearts II and has fought Sephiroth...its basically that move where he cuts through you and then you feel the hits after...but can be directionally controlled like Fox's UpB...startup and ending lag are equal to that of Fox's Illusion...

SideB: Swordslap - basically the same thing as in Page 1...

DownB: Vanish - he turns completely invisible. the only thing you can see of him is his shadow...this lasts for 3 1/2 seconds...he has super armor while invisible...also there is considerable lag after he reappears...items thrown (including his kunais) and items he is carrying are visible...as well as his sword swipes(yknow that blue stuff...yellow for Pit...)

Final Smash: he basically stabs the ground and the stage, the other characters (Takamaru's FS aura is still visible), some stuff in the background(like clouds, actual land, characters, etc.) go completely black and the sky goes red and a huge lighting bolt strikes the stage at an angle, hurting everyone but Takamaru...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
lol at "Random Soccer girl for Brawl" :p

Anyway, welcome back Parrothead.
Been trying to look after your threads a bit, but some knuckleheads just can't be helped... :D

Let's just not sweat it. It'll be US laughing when any of the lesser known characters get in. :)

parrothead

Smash Lord
My decision to speak with harsh words at vesperview was good, because while I was banned, I was about to go take a Thanksgiving vacation AND support more English Wikipedia articles about Japan-Only Nintendo titles, as well as some lesser-known Nintendo titles.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah. Chill out guys. :D

What difference does the type of ball make? It's not like Volleyball players wear knee-pads or anything. :p

(Neither do soccer players, but whatever XD)

parrothead

Smash Lord
It really is a volleyball. She came from the front cover of the Famicom Disk version of the NES Volleyball:

Do you still think it's a soccer ball?Then let's compare the soccer ball to the volleyball:

SOCCER BALL

VOLLEYBALL

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That's awesome! I should search some pics of game footage.

Speaking of sports games... I doubt you'd played this one before... (soccer used to be not very popular in North America) have you ever tried GOAL? It was this wacky soccer game with Urban Fighter(/champion?) like graphics.

It was pretty fun :p A weather changing soccer court wouldn't be too bad of a stage. :D

parrothead

Smash Lord
I doubt Sakurai would put in generic Nintendo sports characters other than the ones from ExciteBike.

And let's don't go off topic. Takamaru might have everything he needs for his SSBB moveset, but I don't know if he has anything that can be used as his survival UP+B move. All the moves I could think of that he used in Mystery of Murasame Castle are his katana, shurikens, torches, lightning explosion and a cloak for disappearing.

Right now, the English Wikipedia article for Nazo no Murasame-jō has been updated. CHECK IT OUT.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
yay, parrot-sama is back \m/[(>.<)]\m/

smashboards just wasn't the same without you.

as usual, takamaru for brawl!

E:OMG, NnMJ had a TV drama? I MUST FIND IT (°Д°)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
well for Takamaru's UpB I suggested he do a kind of quick draw type of slash forward not unlike Fox' Illusion but its directionally controllable like FireFox....and that if he hits, theres a slight pause where they dont take damage...................then they recieve a multiple slicing assault.....kinda like Sephiroth in KHII...

T-major

Smash Champion
E:OMG, NnMJ had a TV drama? I MUST FIND IT (°Д°)
if you find it, LINK IT PLZ!!!

and I also like ZenJestr's idea for an Up B. it's cool, and would fit with the Samurai style... and... really, I can't think of anything else... unless we start thinking out side the box...?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
well it doesnt so damage on contact and you can control the direction...and the lag is as fast as Marth's UpB at the start but like the landing lag of Ganondorf's DownB from the air...I dunno....

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Takamaru is a samurai-ninja hybrid. He could use those Claw/hook things attached to ropes as tether recovery (aka grappling hooks?)

And how about some kinda air-walking (that covers mostly horizontal distance) He has shoes to walk on water. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have a feeling that Sakurai's got a lot in store for Takamaru. He was mentioned 3 times in the Toukeden (AKA Sakurai's journal), and Sakurai has made 3 katanna users into ATs (Goroh, Lyn, and Gray Fox). Something tells me that, as a sword user, he wants Takamaru to be the only one of his kind and be completely unique. It'll be interesting to see how he plays out if he makes the cut...

Oh, by the way, the first and fourth videos from the first post have been removed from You Tube. Just wanted to let whoever's running this thread know that.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I have a feeling that Sakurai's got a lot in store for Takamaru. He was mentioned 3 times in the Toukeden (AKA Sakurai's journal), and Sakurai has made 3 katanna users into ATs (Goroh, Lyn, and Gray Fox). Something tells me that, as a sword user, he wants Takamaru to be the only one of his kind and be completely unique. It'll be interesting to see how he plays out if he makes the cut...

Oh, by the way, the first and fourth videos from the first post have been removed from You Tube. Just wanted to let whoever's running this thread know that.
I'm certain taka will be in brawl. heck, I'm so sure he'll be in, I've already recorded an MP3 file of myself explaining who takamaru is that I'm going to put up on youtube once he's confirmed. I'm just that darn confident.

and fliptroopa hasn't been on in two months, unfortunately.

T-major

Smash Champion
I'm certain taka will be in brawl. heck, I'm so sure he'll be in, I've already recorded an MP3 file of myself explaining who takamaru is that I'm going to put up on youtube once he's confirmed. I'm just that darn confident.
I'd like to hear that :D

and Takamaru is a shoe in, if you ask me. all the signs point to his inclusion; from Sakurai's interest in him, too all his competition becoming Assist trophies. not only that, but with the originality he could bring to Smash, it would be a waste not to include him. (or at least another samurai type Nintendo character. which, quite frankly, doesn't exist...)

Top Bottom