• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
昔の「謎の村雨城」とか、書き換えで出たら
結構面白いんじゃないかとか、いろんな期待をしてます.
アンソロジーに答えられる企画として、
たしかにスマブラは近道なのかもしれません。

「謎の村雨城」の新作が出るのと、
スマブラの新作に「鷹丸」が出演するのでは、
どっちが確率が高いのか・・・。

あ、どっちも低いですね。(しまった)

Translator, STAT!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
昔の「謎の村雨城」とか、書き換えで出たら
アンソロジーに答えられる企画として、
たしかにスマブラは近道なのかもしれません。

「謎の村雨城」の新作が出るのと、
スマブラの新作に「鷹丸」が出演するのでは、
どっちが確率が高いのか・・・。

あ、どっちも低いですね。(しまった)

Translator, STAT!
SamuraiPanda should know. From your posts in the Geno thread, I thought you could translate yourself?

Here's a babelfish rendition

"When "the village rainy castle of puzzle" it comes out of former times, with rewriting, it is funny well enough, that, expecting various types, whether it is it is not, it increases. Certainly perhaps スマブラ as the plan which is answered to anthology, it is the shortcut. When the new work "of the village rainy castle of puzzle" comes out, with the "鷹 circle" performing to the new work of スマブラ, whether either one probability being high.... The あ, both is low, don't you think? is. (You put away)"

Obviously, it's too literal, but I think I can piece some things together. Does this mean Sakurai says Taka's chances are low because a new game isn't likely D:

Zorya

Smash Ace
昔の「謎の村雨城」とか、書き換えで出たら
アンソロジーに答えられる企画として、
たしかにスマブラは近道なのかもしれません。

「謎の村雨城」の新作が出るのと、
スマブラの新作に「鷹丸」が出演するのでは、
どっちが確率が高いのか・・・。

あ、どっちも低いですね。(しまった)

Translator, STAT!
I know that! :urg:

I ran this past my friend who can read some kanji, he translates it as:

What has a better chance of happening? A new Mystery of Murasame Castle game or Takamaru making an appearance in Smash Brothers?

Eh, both are pretty low. (****!)

This sounds like an interview - the first statement being the question, then an answer, and a response to that answer in parenthesis.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I ran this past my friend who can read some kanji, he translates it as:

What has a better chance of happening? A new Mystery of Murasame Castle game or Takamaru making an appearance in Smash Brothers?

Eh, both are pretty low. (****!)

This sounds like an interview - the first statement being the question, then an answer, and a response to that answer in parenthesis.
Thanks for the translation. But, FlipTroopa, where did you get this? This doesn't sound good for Takamaru. But I'm confused. Was the しまった (**** it!) Sakurai's note or the interviewer's? I'm very worried now. :ohwell:

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It's from a post-Melee questionnaire on SSBM website. Somebody, xubelox, posted about it a ways back on Gamefaqs and I just rediscoverd my copy of his findings. He translated it as Sakurai saying Takamaru may only appear again if he gets a new game, but if this new translation is the case... ****.

I cannot read Japanese as much as I'd like to. I'm just good at drawing meaning from various internet translations and putting other people to work for me ;)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
daijoubu, daijoubu.....

This was a question made about 6 years ago, after melee was released. After all, sakurai could have changed his mind. This was long before the brawl poll after all.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
this assh0le got banned about ****ing time
No offense, but if you happen to remain the way you are, you will be next.

I'm sorry to hear that, Takamaru fans. Though I don't necessarily want this guy in Brawl, or care, I do agree he would make the perfect retro unlockable, if the game happens to have one.

Best of luck to you all.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
daijoubu, daijoubu.....

This was a question made about 6 years ago, after melee was released. After all, sakurai could have changed his mind. This was long before the brawl poll after all.
Ohh, well that's a big difference--SIX years! Also, I believe it was mentioned that Pit's inclusion in Brawl was influenced by how well the GBA re-release of Parutena no Kagami sold in Japan. The GBA re-release of Nazo no Murasamejou sold roughly the same number of copies as Pit's re-release. With comparable numbers, doesn't that help Takamaru's chances?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Ohh, well that's a big difference--SIX years! Also, I believe it was mentioned that Pit's inclusion in Brawl was influenced by how well the GBA re-release of Parutena no Kagami sold in Japan. The GBA re-release of Nazo no Murasamejou sold roughly the same number of copies as Pit's re-release. With comparable numbers, doesn't that help Takamaru's chances?
It actually sold better than the Kid Icarus AND Metroid GBA re-releases. And yes, it was indeed 6 years ago, but within the same questionnaire he gives a similar response for Sukapon and adds: "...and don't expect him any time soon either."

If anything, this is a fine way to not get my hopes up too much that way I am even more surprised when Takamaru does appear.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It actually sold better than the Kid Icarus AND Metroid GBA re-releases. And yes, it was indeed 6 years ago, but within the same questionnaire he gives a similar response for Sukapon and adds: "...and don't expect him any time soon either."

If anything, this is a fine way to not get my hopes up too much that way I am even more surprised when Takamaru does appear.
Although, keep in mind that during that time in history, Sakurai wasn't planning on doing another smash bros and thus believed he didn't have any control of what appeared in the next game. Regarding the Sukapon comment, the average gaming generation lasts about 5 years so in that sense, 6 years is a long time. Either way, Sukapon had two comments in Sakurai's journal and Takamaru had three so it's not like he's entirely thrown the ideas aside like he did in the past.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Guys, chill out, that's not from the melee questionaire. It's from the SSB64 feedback. I AM CERTAIN.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Although, keep in mind that during that time in history, Sakurai wasn't planning on doing another smash bros and thus believed he didn't have any control of what appeared in the next game. Regarding the Sukapon comment, the average gaming generation lasts about 5 years so in that sense, 6 years is a long time. Either way, Sukapon had two comments in Sakurai's journal and Takamaru had three so it's not like he's entirely thrown the ideas aside like he did in the past.
True. I'm hitting that plateau where I'm not worried anymore but I'm also not assuming the character is a shoe-in. I was just so stuck on the idea of Takamaru being a guarantee that I never really gave the opposition a thought, you know?

Takamaru is definitely in the upper tier of character suggestions, though. It's just a shame not many people know who he is still, no less go ga-ga for him.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I'll repeat just in case

Guys, chill out, that's not from the melee questionaire. It's from the SSB64 feedback. I AM CERTAIN.

parrothead

Smash Lord
In the previous SSB titles, when some characters are unlocked, and if they don't have a stage of their own in the game, you fight against them in a stage that isn't part of the series they came from, but is similar to it. For a couple of examples, in SSB64, Captain Falcon was fought on the Planet Zebes stage (which is similar to the Fire Field race tracks in the F-ZERO series), and Ness was fought on the Green Greens stage (which is similar to the trees of Onett and Twosom, and Whispy Woods looks similar to the exploding trees in the SNES EarthBound called Territorial Oaks, as well as Woodohs and Big Woodohs in the NES EarthBound). If a couple more Japan-only characters were unlocked in SSBB, then which stage would most likely fit the theme of the games they originated from, if they didn't get a stage of their own like Mr. Game & Watch did? There are some stages that look nice enough for DeMille and Claus, but I don't know which looks nice enough for Takamaru and/or Sukapon/Skapon.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4) - WILL PROBABLY BE IN THE GAME IN SOME FORM!
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) -CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3) - SEMI CONFIRMED!
Takamaru(3) - :chuckle:

tirkaro

Smash Champion

BUMP BUMP

OUENDAN

LET'S GET CHERRY PIE!

Oldskool said:
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4) - WILL PROBABLY BE IN THE GAME IN SOME FORM!
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) -CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3) - SEMI CONFIRMED!
Takamaru(3) - :chuckle:
I like them odds.
here's hoping for takamaru..........to be shown on the dojo soon.(we all know that him being in is a no-brainer, obviously)

Zorya

Smash Ace
Of course! Are you an idiot? It is sooo obvious that Takamaru's gettin in...People need to understand that. He's way more obvious that Krystal, Isaac, Megaman and eww, Geno.

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
Oh man, Takamaru is like one of my most wanted characters! I'm really rooting for this guy, and his game's music is REALLY catchy. Besides, if (or when) he gets in, that means...

SAMURAI KIRBY!!!

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm there is a possibility that Demiru is down for the count as an assist trophy, eh I knew he wouldn't be playable and I just think his design is horrible. So we would be down to Takamaru and Sukapon then?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmmm there is a possibility that Demiru is down for the count as an assist trophy, eh I knew he wouldn't be playable and I just think his design is horrible. So we would be down to Takamaru and Sukapon then?
For Japanese exclusive characters, that does seem to be the case and it lines up perfectly with the contents of Sakurai's journal. Sukapon was only mentioned two times but you have to keep in mind that he was one of the top ten most requested characters for Melee and even recieved more votes then a good 80% of the characters that ended up becoming playable.

RebelKazumaru09

Smash Rookie
Although his chances of being a playable character right now may seem extremely high, I think we shouldn't get our hopes up because we don't know what may happen.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
For Japanese exclusive characters, that does seem to be the case and it lines up perfectly with the contents of Sakurai's journal. Sukapon was only mentioned two times but you have to keep in mind that he was one of the top ten most requested characters for Melee and even recieved more votes then a good 80% of the characters that ended up becoming playable.
The problem is that like Balloon Fighter and Bubbles, the idea for Sukapon was directly scrapped. With the existence of Assist trophies, I'm sure they will not have to worry about his physical complications as much as if they made him a full fighter.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
A character list popped up on several Japanese boards, I'm NOT 100% certain this is true so take this lightly. Takamaru apparently made the roster. The person reporting this was complaining (maybe not complaining, but expressing slight disappointment and confusion) about the absence of Ridley, Michiah, and Geno.

I'm inclined to believe it's fake because the roster also has K. Rool on it and the fact that popular choices like WW Link and Geno didn't make it in, but Takamaru did (but if I even think SLIGHTLY like Sakurai then I would think he would do this because Takamaru won't be getting anymore games, so the least that could be done for him is reviving him for this game).. However, at the same time they seem to hint towards Luigi having a Luigi mansion setup (I guess if there is a Luigi mansion stage this is possible).. But in the end, for the most part, most of the most wanted characters would have made it in.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing is, I was just on a Japanese forum talking about how I liked Takamaru and hoped he'd be in Brawl, and one responded with how the foreign popularity with that type of character might be what gets him into the roster.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Funny thing is, I was just on a Japanese forum talking about how I liked Takamaru and hoped he'd be in Brawl, and one responded with how the foreign popularity with that type of character might be what gets him into the roster.
takamaru does have a good deal of foriegn popularity. However, I worry if sakurai knows about his popularity outside of japan.

also, this song is epic win.

RebelKazumaru09

Smash Rookie
If/When Takamaru is updated on the DOJO what do you think his design would look like.
Just asking because Pit got a new look.( If this has been asked and answered before I'm extremely sorry! )

Aosagi

Smash Rookie
I'm rooting for him to be world 19, since unlike icon 13 which is G&W, 19 doesn't have a representative universe. If he gets in I have sworn to play no other.

Edit: also a note from what I can view most "Rosters" I don't believe account for this missing icon, actually it's what gives me certainty that most of them aren't real (and that he's in).

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
That makes me sad. Demille was my number 2 most wanted character. Oh well. As long as I get Claus I won't be completely dissapointed. Taka is def my #3.

Top Bottom