• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly after watching all the ADHD + Nairo APEX 2013 team vids I still find it ******** Diddy dropped just cause he lost to a Sopo once. :/

Could just me me though
Am totally NOT biased at all you know

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
i have an idea. lets talk about how bad pit is.

its great because its a new topic, but at the same time its about a character who is just as bad, just as under repped and just as feminine as peach. Everybody wins!

seriously though. pit. hes not good. he as far as I can tell has easily the worst rep in all of mid tier. I can only think of 6 players that have been really good with him, ever. Cyve, Masashi, Earth, Koolaid, that west coast guy who plays rob. and that one guy who won one tournament in Florida.

In the current ruleset that nerfs all planking instead of just MKs pit is really below average.
Let's get back to this.

Pit is so unbelievably free against MK. I mean, most characters are, but this character really can't do it, despite looking passable on paper. The first stock in this video a decent example of what should be happening every time Pit is either offstage, forced to the ledge, or put in a position to be juggled. It's ridiculous.

Yass had a good Pit too btw, but iirc that was quite a while ago.

:059:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That kinda summarizes what should happen to every character when they're being pressured by Meta Knight. :applejack:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pit for low tier.

let's get this done in v9. A vote for pit in low tier is a vote for strawberries.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Not every character gets bodied THAT hard. Some of us have, idk, reasonable fall speeds and passable ledge options and ways to not get shuttle looped into oblivion while recovering. Unlike Pit. :(

:059:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like Mario?

Mario for high tier!

Let's get this done in v9. A vote for Mario in high tier is a vote for a Spice Girls comeback.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
okay which one of you jokers unsubbed me from this thread

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mario did it.

He doesn't actually want to be high tier. He's hoping for a 98 degrees comeback.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
on second thought, whoever unsubbed me from this thread feel free to do it again

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Just responding to this request because he asked about it a little while ago.
LOL dude i love your signature. and please post DDD's dominance thing i wanna see this :smirk:
http://smashboards.com/threads/official-bbr-tier-list-v7.321738/page-411 Go to post #16405 and read the rest of the page. Until someone manages to accumulate a wealth of results/evidence/proof that trounces this, I will never accept that DDD:Snake is anything worse than even for DDD. +1 for DDD is the logical conclusion, though. :smash: Unsubbing from this thread. It's a giant waste of time... :facepalm:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, I am incapable of doing that. Kudos to those who can, but my brain is wired a very specific way that gets extreme enjoyment out of certain things and no enjoyment at all out of others. Did you think it was a normal person who could consistently sit down and type 300-word essays for more than half of his posts? :p

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Unfortunately, I am incapable of doing that. Kudos to those who can, but my brain is wired a very specific way that gets extreme enjoyment out of certain things and no enjoyment at all out of others. Did you think it was a normal person who could consistently sit down and type 300-word essays for more than half of his posts? :p
Define "normal".
Now that's the kind of discussion that'd be worth debating on.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread has never been a source for intelligent discussion. Also 300 words isn't an essay.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Dang it, as long as people keep quoting me, I keep getting notifications... <__<

Spelt, it depends on your course/instructor. I've never had to write an essay that was shorter than 500 words, but I've seen some assignments of my siblings that involved 300-word essays. I don't believe there is a limit, lower or upper, on the number of words in such a writing piece, lolz.

This thread has never been a source for intelligent discussion. Also 300 words isn't an essay.
Take test.
It says write an essay about the female and male relationships within greek and roman mythology and reflect it upon our own time.
Write 6 sentences ~ 150 words.
Get full points on it.

Essay in 150 words.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Take test.
It says write an essay about the female and male relationships within greek and roman mythology and reflect it upon our own time.
Write 6 sentences ~ 150 words.
Get full points on it.

Essay in 150 words.
this thread is sooooo weird now

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
While Dark peach is many things, there is no need to stoop to that level SK.
Worse on others that endorse that behavior as well.

People need to just sit down, smoke a blunt and chill a bit.
Its a video game, and no one is making any worthwhile cash from it.

So why is Wario so high? I've never really understood.
Cause Warrior is a good character?
Gotta be a little more specific inw hat you ask.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wario was a dominant character force for a very long time of Brawl's history. While his MUs with Marth and MK leave much to be desired, there's never really been a consensus on his other top/high tier match ups. Empirically, he arguably beats Snake, Falco and Diddy. I'm not sure about Oli and ICs. From mid tier downwards he has winning match ups.

He's a character which I think people live too much in the "impossibilities" rather than strengths and what have you. Not many characters in this game boast frame advantages on aerials like Wario can.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Wario was a dominant character force for a very long time of Brawl's history. While his MUs with Marth and MK leave much to be desired, there's never really been a consensus on his other top/high tier match ups. Empirically, he arguably beats Snake, Falco and Diddy. I'm not sure about Oli and ICs. From mid tier downwards he has winning match ups.

He's a character which I think people live too much in the "impossibilities" rather than strengths and what have you. Not many characters in this game boast frame advantages on aerials like Wario can.
He doesn't beat Snake or Falco.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Yoshi tho.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Does that

Madden you?

best post in the thread

Today I had a customer yell "football!" (after I showed him a madden game) who was not familiar with moonbase videos and by pure instinct I shouted "football!" right back and he thought nothing of it.

Moderation nightmare is quite true. Reason I stopped being a moderator is to better enjoy the stuff without having to worry about it.
tru dat, i stopped moderating a few years ago when i realized i had been internet modding since i was 11 and a decade plus of that **** is probably what turned me into the colossal heap of a trolling mess we've all come to know and love :)

Top Bottom