• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, this project is not really feasible with our community. Some characters really lack rep, leading to absentee panels and not-fully-qualified panelists in an attempt to have enough people on a panel to not get overwhelmed in discussion. Then the part about how discussions all get tied up somehow, and that not everyone reports their changes, etc etc... it's a mess. I wouldn't expect to see a v4 unless we either heavily revamp the method to make it or find a sudden surge of active/intelligent posters that want to help out.

:059:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, this project is not really feasible with our community. Some characters really lack rep, leading to absentee panels and not-fully-qualified panelists in an attempt to have enough people on a panel to not get overwhelmed in discussion. Then the part about how discussions all get tied up somehow, and that not everyone reports their changes, etc etc... it's a mess. I wouldn't expect to see a v4 unless we either heavily revamp the method to make it or find a sudden surge of active/intelligent posters that want to help out.

I think Marc probably would've told you that would happen before hand, anyway :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I was fairly well-aware of what I was getting into, all things considered haha. But yeah, this is rough X_x

:( :( :(

If you wanted to revamp the method you could do what is being done with the tier list. That is, use a community thread for people to be able to post an MU rating and why they think it should be changed (maybe the max number of times you're allowed to post there is like, 4 or something?), then use that as a reference when the BR looks into MUs?

I know there's a lot of issues with that but it's just a rough idea atm and... I guess it's something? :p

I personally enjoy this system, I just think we need more active and thoughtful posters. :/ Obviously it probably won't be like this for the first edition of smash 4's MU chart, assuming it has one.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Luco, a method like that might be feasible, but then it creates no room for actual discussion which is pretty meh. And a public discussion is going to be total hell to draw anything directly from it :/

V115, Gheb and I have both been doing that for years lol. It's from like, what, 2009 maybe? Damn I've been on this site for a long time.

:093:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Unless each panel gets an equal amount of high level rep, I don't think we'll ever have a 100% accurate MU chart. =/

Hang in there Ishi.
Someones gotta carry the burden. <3

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How can we ever get an accurate MU chart when we can't ever agree what the numbers mean?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Well, as it stands now the official meaning of the numbers are:

+1: small advantage
+2: medium advantage
+3: large advantage/hard counter
+4: (close to) unloseable

However...
When large upsets like M2K vs Ocean come along, people start to question what the numbers really mean. =/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes that's a pretty good list, but when people still get their own ideas like how for some a -2 MU (Marth vs GW) is considered impossibly hard and so on.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Here is a video of the pikachu falco match up. I think I saw people talk about before.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

This is expected. There are a lot of problems with the panel right now. Without meaning to be rude, much of the low tier rep might as well have come from the "Who do you want to be in smash 4" topic on the smash 4 forums and several of the panels are completely inactive.

ZSS discussions have gone reasonably smoothly, but reading some of the other panels has been really difficult. lol

SoulPech

Smash Master
Expected that from someone who is higher tier. Just an FYI, my Panel is essentially done,except for one MU, but the Panel for it is inactive.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I have a broken laptop.. and I've been really busy outside of home, I get home at 7pm each day :3

Right now I think mos of the dead panels are just waiting for someone new to post, instead of trying to agree upon something without the other members.

One a side note, I had a dream that I was being chased by Godzilla, and he could smell humans, and was personally trying to kill me.
I killed him once, then revived him, then I flew to Cali and hid there before waking up.

Poke vs Godzilla +2 Poke.
Camp in other houses.
Kill with guns :3

I am a Flaoc!

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Right now I think mos of the dead panels are just waiting for someone new to post, instead of trying to agree upon something without the other members.
What matters in the current metagame has been figured out for the most part an-

One a side note, I had a dream that I was being chased by Godzilla, and he could smell humans, and was personally trying to kill me.
I killed him once, then revived him, then I flew to Cali and hid there before waking up.

Poke vs Godzilla +2 Poke.
Camp in other houses.
Kill with guns :3

I am a Flaoc!

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Does DDD even have hands ?
Like.. 5 fingers and all ? He has a thumb.. and a paddle.

This just in, DDD uses Paddles to grab people.
DDD IS A CANOE!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Luco, a method like that might be feasible, but then it creates no room for actual discussion which is pretty meh. And a public discussion is going to be total hell to draw anything directly from it :/

V115, Gheb and I have both been doing that for years lol. It's from like, what, 2009 maybe? Damn I've been on this site for a long time.

:093:

You forget to mention that you got it from the Sonic boards and the greatest poster to ever grace this forum with his words.

Boxob 4lyf

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I actually got it from a social group (lol remember those?), from a different Sonic. But yeah, Sonic boards were pretty great. I miss the glory days.

BSP

Smash Legend

Why not just do it for top and high tier only? Less characters to worry about, so it should go faster with less chance of people losing interest.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Because choosing the better and only catering to one part of a group is unfair to everyone, if you'll do one part, do the other part.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
*IMO*
The Chart can't be done like tier lists, having different whole instalements published once each one is completed, that is a far too ambitious goal that can not be completed with our community as it is.
It may be better if it's constantly changing (but strict and not really permissive), so it can cope with the inactivity from some panels.
maybe...

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Agreed, I don't think we'd need to wait for everything to be done to release the next version of a chart.
Instead being able to update it whenever a matchup discussion ends, probably via something like a google document.
A color code could probably be applied to matchups that aren't necessarily up to date (read not discussed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom