• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

AXE 09

Smash Master
Hey guys. Sorry for the double post. I've just been thinking about things lately.... YES, I'm in that emotional state again lol.

Basically... Idk. I just really miss all of you guys in SV. Being up here in Phoenix is so lame... Nobody respects me, and I feel like nobody really wants to smash with me because I guess my playstyle is gay and stupid, and probably not fun to play against -_- I kinda feel like only good can happen if I were to move away from Phoenix.

When I was living in Tucson, it had its ups and downs. Hanging out with Okami was cool, and all the smashers there were really awesome, but STILL nobody really wanted to play Melee with me... but you know, at least I was respected unlike here in Phoenix. I think I'd much rather live in Tucson than in Phoenix.

In SV... I felt like I had everything. My best friends live there, everyone respects me as much as I respect them, and playing Melee with all of you guys is always a blast!!!! I love it..... and I guess I just didn't realize how blessed I was until I had to move. I miss having giant smashfests with Pizza and Soda at Brian's house (as well as his mom's amazing cookies, cupcakes, and homemade ice cream). I miss playing Melee, as well as other games like Pokemon, Stepmania, and whatever crazy stuff Joey might have on his Wii at his house. Then walking over to the mall, watching Tim flirt with a bunch of 15 year olds, maybe watching a movie, wait for Carlton to get off work, and just hanging out. I miss the nights when Sebastian, Joey and I would walk around SV from his house and just talk about random stuff. Brian and I always used to do that too, and I miss it a lot. I really miss playing Melee with all of you... Every time, it would always be so much fun and we'd all be laughing and screaming and stuff. It's funny because even when we had like 8+ people and only 1 Melee setup, I still felt like I was always having the time of my life.

Aside from how much I miss you guys as my social friends, I miss having all of you as my Melee training partners. I never have as much fun playing anyone else than all of you in SV. You guys are my true friends, and I hope that I might be able to move back there one day. I admit, the city of SV sucks, but having friends like you guys made SV seem like the best place in the world to be at.

Duff0

Smash Ace
]Basically... Idk. I just really miss all of you guys in SV. Being up here in Phoenix is so lame... Nobody respects me, and I feel like nobody really wants to smash with me because I guess my playstyle is gay and stupid, and probably not fun to play against -_- I kinda feel like only good can happen if I were to move away from Phoenix.
I hope this isn't referencing me and Tai. We're always joking around, don't take us seriously when we say stuff. Believe me, I always look forward to playing you when the time comes.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Nobody respects me, and I feel like nobody really wants to smash with me because I guess my playstyle is gay and stupid, and probably not fun to play against -_-

When I was living in Tucson, it had its ups and downs. Hanging out with Okami was cool, and all the smashers there were really awesome, but STILL nobody really wanted to play Melee with me... but you know, at least I was respected unlike here in Phoenix. I think I'd much rather live in Tucson than in Phoenix.
If this is referencing me, I'd like you to check your phone's inbox and count how many messages have my name on them.

Duffy said it, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: pay no mind to people calling your tactics "gay" or "stupid." That means they work. Even then, I picked it up from South Paw, and after a year or so of playing Duffy (who also does it), that's pretty much just how Duffy and I communicate when we play Smash. By calling each other faggots and generally complaining about everything.

If you say I don't respect you as a player, I'll retort by saying that's one of the furthest things from the truth.

I have a lot of respect for the dedication you put into Pikachu and advanced his metagame even when it seemed hopeless, and a lot of respect for how you manage to use Pikachu like he's a good character in matchups/situations that are considered vastly disadvantageous. I respect how you're able to be a smart player while still having a very flashy, technical, style.

I'll even go so far as to say that you're one of my mental examples that motivates me to play stupid matchups.

I'll admit that if it weren't for you, I wouldn't even be half as good as I am today. Every time I complain about something, it's simply because I don't want to be complacent and admit defeat. When you GIVE me something to complain about, it means you did something that I wasn't prepared for. You pushed me outside of my comfort zone, giving me something to improve upon, and at the moment, I'd get frustrated. Tons of players get frustrated when they're presented with a solid tactic, especially when it comes from a s**tty character. Just pay no mind to it, and please don't take personal offense to it. We realize we're being petty, but it's just an impulse that's hard to control.

If you didn't give me something to ***** about, it'd mean you're either a bad player or your punishments are so minuscule that it's obvious that I'm getting outplayed at every single move.

I never say any of this out loud, simply because I'm not good at giving out compliments, and I only give out credit when I believe it's due or prompted.

On the other hand, I will admit that although I respect your playstyle, I do not like it. Sorry. I don't give two ****s about how cool a player looks, and I think it's silly to care. I respect players mostly for how smart they are (mindgames, not knowledge) and secondly on how efficient/effective they are (that's where the knowledge comes in!).

My favorite players are Mango, Mew2king, PC, Sean, Jman, and Armada (roughly in that order) if that helps explain why I don't like your playstyle.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Jeff: If given the chance, I would have smashed as much as you want, as long as you want, and I would never have complained about your play style.

Honestly, I don't think I ever have. I also hold the same opinion that Tai has.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You're not that good, you can't even beat my Jiggs or Peach consistently! You don't deserve respect. Ha! Too easy!

I like when you play gimpy, none of that offstage shine/uair bull****. I wouldn't really know well since you couldn't afford to do that in matches against me anyways ;)

I'm just spittin some mad trash talk to drive up your competitive testosterone :p I may even see you tonight/tomorrow.

I like how this is the SV thread yet there's not a single SV response yet.

Joey, your GW was funny. You need more dtilt and definitely utilt. Timmy, stop coming to Tucson on days that I'm busy. And your Yoshi will always need more dtilt.

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
i would probably say sv hasnt responded because were not just **** riders anyways love you and miss you jeff sorry to hear all that but stay strong and dont let the talk/insults get to you your az's finest and soon to be the face of smash :] but please visit already!

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
its alright your king(thats me!) shall calm everyone and their homosexuality! and jackie playing someone who knows the match up really well with falco! thats hard! and yeah tai jeff just doesnt like you im sorry but he has other lovers lol haha! and its alright jeff ill see you soon hopefully than we could go to ihop just like we used to! lol

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Jeff its all good man, Haters gonna Hate bottom line. Forget those who cry and whine about your play style. Its because they can't win. If you were losing they wouldn't say a word. The SV crew is all missing the good old days, but the truth is that they are over. I think its about time for some more good times.

You have support and friends all around you need to stay strong jeff. Things are going to be hard now that we are all growing up but hopefully we can all meet up once again soon. I miss the smash scene, brawl is garbo I am sick of it here in Texas. I might make Arizona a station to choose from when I go into the army.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Jeff its all good man, Haters gonna Hate bottom line. Forget those who cry and whine about your play style. Its because they can't win. If you were losing they wouldn't say a word. The SV crew is all missing the good old days, but the truth is that they are over. I think its about time for some more good times.

You have support and friends all around you need to stay strong jeff. Things are going to be hard now that we are all growing up but hopefully we can all meet up once again soon. I miss the smash scene, brawl is garbo I am sick of it here in Texas. I might make Arizona a station to choose from when I go into the army.
I find this to be incorrect. Even if someone's winning, haters are going to hate.

person x might be beating jeff, but when jeff plays gay, if they're the type to complain, they will, regardless of whether or not they are winning.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
I find this to be incorrect. Even if someone's winning, haters are going to hate.

person x might be beating jeff, but when jeff plays gay, if they're the type to complain, they will, regardless of whether or not they are winning.
Were have you been? cause its been rare I seen this happen with jeff. Who ever he plays I have seen do nothing but have respect for him. Playing "gay" to you would be playing smart to me in certain aspects. unless your being laser spammed or person playing peach gets scared and down smashes breaking the c-stick.

But What do I know right I was only there since the being of the crew. *shrugs* Take how you want. I stand by what I said

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
like i said your king (thats me!) will calm everything first of all both of you guys suck and you guys cant do anything about it haha! right xander? yeah samus *****. but yeah jeff does not play gay

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
GGs Joey, I had tons of fun fighting you! My Peach is so sexy

Nice seeing you, Tim! You're so loud lol

Love your derpy playstyle, Elvis! <3

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
**** tai /thead'ed here with that post for a while haha

you guys need to come to tucson on a sunday tuesday wednesday or thursday so i can go smash!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hes still around, sometimes

tell vaughn, avery, chad, and/or austin that I (Tai) said hi if you ever see them around

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Hey all I just wanted to say Deuces to SV since i'm moving across the country.
I'll be back for one day on july 25th but that's the last time i'll be in sv, i really wanna smash then. i've been playing nonstop with Branden at my new house, thanks for all the fun times guys! i wanna find a group here to smash with so if i come visit I'll own you guys! I forget how much fun this game is sometimes.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Hey all I just wanted to say Deuces to SV since i'm moving across the country.
I'll be back for one day on july 25th but that's the last time i'll be in sv, i really wanna smash then. i've been playing nonstop with Branden at my new house, thanks for all the fun times guys! i wanna find a group here to smash with so if i come visit I'll own you guys! I forget how much fun this game is sometimes.
were are you moving too?

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Rofl alright Joey,
Georgia, and Brandens in Ohio at the moment Carly.
Yeah yeah joey, I'll not get 3 stocked next time I play you! or 4.... or JV 5'd....... or even JV 3'd. wait wtf, you know what! I'm gonna win next time i play you!

DonMagicWand

Smash Cadet
Yo all the SV guys i didnt tell already im gonna be in town next week or the week after so ill let you know when im back we gotta smash..

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
its alright joe I sandbag on elvis, brian, sebastian, kyle, anybody you name it and ill do the same on you and **** you like i do everyone else cause they bore me like you will. except tim its challenging. but its ******** sometimes how he changes his style it makes me mad! GAH!

Top Bottom