• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

AXE 09

Smash Master
i'm not really sure if he's still going to T5 or not. he better go though lol. SNAPS! he has to work 6 days a week now??? wow, poor guy, i would just borrow money from my parents or something lol. but i think most of his issues is cuz of that girl

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
naw axe thats been quashed with kroe just other things that go on. but he leaving it wit u because i will be takin a break until that tourney too. He told me that i was gonna be takin over but i really don't feel like it cause i still got to mange the club at the school 2.

Smash just seem to be the same, we get ready to go tucson but mr. j doesnt know how to pick up the phone all of a sudden but that tourney in april we will show (somehow :ohwell: )

AXE 09

Smash Master
holy crap. it seems like everyone's getting out of smash all of the sudden. even tag told me that he might not play anymore until vectorman comes back, he told me that yesterday. wow... i don't have anyone to practice with lol. i usually practice with tag, but now since he's "taking a break" too, i don't know how to practice. i really want to get better at the game though

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smash just seem to be the same, we get ready to go tucson but mr. j doesnt know how to pick up the phone all of a sudden but that tourney in april we will show (somehow :ohwell: )
lol...I know what you mean. Two weekends out of the last month and a half, Mr. J pms me to tell me that he was going to be in Tucson...gives me his phone number and everything.

I call him the saturdays that he was supposed to be in Tucson and he doesn't pick up. I haven't heard from him since.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Hey Im a phantom, Im there and then im not dont hate on the phantom skills. But seriously why dont all you guys: Jeff, Brian, Carlton, and Juliet, let me know for sure on a weekend you can go then I will take us all to Tucson. But you guys must provide the gas and with rising gas prices this month its gonna be like 45 bucks to go, so like I said get all the permission from the parents so we can have a dope *** smash weekend

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Man, it's been forever...
I so tired of vect being a drama queen...whatever.
Anyway, i'm still willing to play smash, just not 24/7 like most of you want to do. I don't play this game seriously enough, and don't think I ever will. That's fine with me, as long as I'm having fun.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
I think the real reason you stop trying is because other people are just to good for your present skill level. You just need to practice more, I can tell you that the others have gotten better to a great extent even Julien was putting D-Mario to the test but still his Marth is no match. The point is they want to be better thats why there getting their and you not.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hmmm. SV seems to be communicating.. nice.. well Mr. J. it's not that wave doesn't want to get better but rather. he likes other games to play too. umm... i'm willin to play this weekend if you all want to... i think it's best.... if.........I ....take ..........a break from...... my stuff

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
first post on a new page...Wave likes it alot. LOL!!!
hmmm. SV seems to be communicating.. nice.. well Mr. J. it's not that wave doesn't want to get better but rather. he likes other games to play too. umm... i'm willin to play this weekend if you all want to... i think it's best.... if.........I ....take ..........a break from...... my stuff
grr...

I think the real reason you stop trying is because other people are just to good for your present skill level. You just need to practice more, I can tell you that the others have gotten better to a great extent even Julien was putting D-Mario to the test but still his Marth is no match. The point is they want to be better thats why there getting their and you not.
Usually, I would try to argue with you Mr. J, but I don't really feel like it.
...besides, you're probably right. Everyone has gottten better because I stopped trying to get better. I don't really care if I get better in Smash and I don't care about the rankings. To me, it felt like everytime I practiced it was more of a chore and not for fun. The only reason I play smash is to have fun, even if I am losing. I think that's why I started to play kirby.
Some people can have fun working their *** off trying to get better at a game just so they can brag to their friends. That doesn't work for me. Smash is a more of a leisure thing and if I get better playing every once in a while, that's cool, and if I don't get better, that's cool too. Whenever I played serious, SSMB wasn't fun. Now that I just...play, I'm actually having fun again. I know for a fact that I could get better if I watched videos and practied alot, but I don't want to. Advice is always good though. So maybe i'm not as good as everyone else, oh well. It doesn't matter to me as long as I'm having fun..............................and not getting four stocked. LOL!!!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol i know what you're saying wave. you're probably the funnest person to play against cuz the things you say and stuff like that while we play are HILARIOUS!!! lol! and Mr. J, i'm willing to go to tucson any weekend, i just need permission from my parents first. knowing my parents, they won't let me go unless i let them know in advanced, so i need to know like a week ahead of time. and Vect... HECK YEAH!!! i was worried that we wouldn't play any games together for a while. i have some new moves that i really really want to try out lol. Brian's been really hard on me lately about how i'm all addicted to SSBM and stuff...whenever i play with him, he always pulls out all this stuff that gets me down, and when i tried to talk to him about it, it didn't turn out so well. but yeah tim, i definately wanna play this weekend, and if anyone else wants to join that'd be awesome

oh and wave, i know you wanna have fun and stuff, and how it's not fun when you take the game seriously. but for some reason, i really want to practice hard and everything like that. it's still fun to me somehow. i really want to be pro and get money for playing like a lot of other people do. if not, it's still ok. i'm only 15, so i don't really have anything better to do lol

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Finally som people who are spean life intothe situation this game as gotten boring because I think we are jst gettin 2 competitive and we need to barbcue or somtin and just pla until we can't stand it no more. (just a thought :chuckle:)

also sv's ssbm montage is under construction lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol that'd be cool. it's fun to play the game competitively sometimes, but most of the time, i think it's better to just have fun like we used to. like wave and senor pimp hand. i don't know how, but whenever those two are there, i have the best time ever lol. of course, all of you guys make the game really fun for me too. like the way julian says weird, in yet, funny in some sort of way things while we're playing lol. and how blackknight plays his totally pimped out music, and how tim always encourages me and helps me with my game, all of you guys make the game fun for me

Priest_Revan

Smash Cadet
Hey Im a phantom, Im there and then im not dont hate on the phantom skills. But seriously why dont all you guys: Jeff, Brian, Carlton, and Juliet, let me know for sure on a weekend you can go then I will take us all to Tucson. But you guys must provide the gas and with rising gas prices this month its gonna be like 45 bucks to go, so like I said get all the permission from the parents so we can have a dope *** smash weekend
For calling me that, I'm going to **** you and your children (I do not care if you don't have children, I'll get them one day).

...no lube either, so BITE THE PILLOW!

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Heh, Heh...title.

For calling me that, I'm going to **** you and your children (I do not care if you don't have children, I'll get them one day).

ROFLMAO!!! x2

i definately wanna play this weekend, and if anyone else wants to join that'd be awesome

oh and wave, i know you wanna have fun and stuff, and how it's not fun when you take the game seriously. but for some reason, i really want to practice hard and everything like that. it's still fun to me somehow. i really want to be pro and get money for playing like a lot of other people do. if not, it's still ok. i'm only 15, so i don't really have anything better to do lol
That's completly understandable, Axe. If that's what you like to do then do it. I'm not saying that playing serious isn't fun. Playing a game seriously is always something I've had trouble with. Every once in a while it's cool. Too me, it felt a little too serious. I love being competitive, don't get me wrong. I'm usually always the first person to talk smack even if I do lose, LOL! I'm always down with helping someone get better, even if that means I gotta play a little serious. But, I'm not gonna bust my *** practicing all the time just to be better than someone. It's not that important to me. err...i mean, getting better is important, I guess it's more of the process of getting better. I learn something everytime I play this game, I find out that I can do some things that I've never tried before. Even if nobody else notices this, I do. I could care less if I lose, as long as I find out something new about the way I play...and as long as I look cool rockin' the kirbster. So I just forget the rankings, or the same stages we play over and over and over and over again and I just play smash, cause that's what it's all about.
...yeah.
BK Wave.

Oh, and I'm down with some smash this weekend.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace

Dirty dude, I thought you would like that...lol

Anyways wow, its good to see everyone is in good sprits when it comes to winning and losing. I been playing more too because of the new comers Jeff and Brian, I can play today if anyone wants to. Oh yeah like I said about Tucson, this is how it's gonna work since I can go anytime I would like if I didnt go alone so I want you guys to tell me a good weekend that all you can come and we'll make the plans from there but I need to know how many and if you wanna come but again gas is important everyone needs to pitch in you too Tim let me know.

AXE 09

Smash Master
ROFLMAO!!! x2

That's completly understandable, Axe. If that's what you like to do then do it. I'm not saying that playing serious isn't fun. Playing a game seriously is always something I've had trouble with. Every once in a while it's cool. Too me, it felt a little too serious. I love being competitive, don't get me wrong. I'm usually always the first person to talk smack even if I do lose, LOL! I'm always down with helping someone get better, even if that means I gotta play a little serious. But, I'm not gonna bust my *** practicing all the time just to be better than someone. It's not that important to me. err...i mean, getting better is important, I guess it's more of the process of getting better. I learn something everytime I play this game, I find out that I can do some things that I've never tried before. Even if nobody else notices this, I do. I could care less if I lose, as long as I find out something new about the way I play...and as long as I look cool rockin' the kirbster. So I just forget the rankings, or the same stages we play over and over and over and over again and I just play smash, cause that's what it's all about.
...yeah.
BK Wave.

Oh, and I'm down with some smash this weekend.

heck yeah wave, i feel the same. even i don't wanna play competitively to a certain extent. i love a challenge, but if it's all about fighting against others, then i'd rather not do it much. i think Brian and i have been playing a little too competitively lately, a little too much. before we would just plain have fun with the game, but lately it's all about beating each other and i don't like it much. i like goofing off and go to hyrule temple once in a while, or try to do weird glitches and stuff. kinda like when we did the "pause battles" that one day. LOL!!! THAT was hilarious! that was probably the funnest time i had lol. my gosh that was funny

Mr. J, i do wanna play today, but ever since my grades started dropping, my parents won't let me out on weekdays like they used to. i'm working hard to raise them though, i have a B in biology now!! heck yeah! :p and i'll pay you gas money if you could take me to the T5 tourney and back, that'd be cool. and i'm definately up for smash this weekend... and the next... and the next... and any weekend you guys want lol. i'm almost never busy. but the days that i am, is when everyone meets up o.O. like over spring break, i only had plans for 2 days, monday and thursday, and those two days just HAPPENED to be the days you guys meet up. on monday, like everyone was there (well, that's what Brian told me anyways) and on monday, mr j and turnip showed up, and you guys did tourneys and stuff and i missed it nooooooooooooooooo :(

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hmmm sounds interestin. Well make sure you all talk to your parents about T5 so we can show. and Jeff yes.. I'm goin despite what's goin on. I can't miss any good smash. k =p

AXE 09

Smash Master
i already talked to my parents about T5, and they said i can go, so i'm going lol. but if my parents take me, then they'll probably have to wait there until the tournament and stuff, and not saying i hate my parents or anything, but... i really REALLY don't want them there lol. so all i need is transportation. and tim, i hope everything gets better for you, and i'm really glad that you still wanna smash lol. i definately didn't want you to stop playing right before the tournament. but if you still don't feel like smashing, that's cool too. there's a lot more important things than a video game

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hmmmm. ^_^; yeah no problem. I sort of miss playing and stuff. I should be fine though.. I miss playing Falco, Mewtwo, Falcon, heck all the chars I play. I miss the game. and thx btw for that. (I hope everything works out too) =D

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha yeah me too. there's some combo's i've been wanting to try out, but i haven't gotten to try them out, except on brian. i even have a new falco combo i've been wanting to try out, but whenever i choose falco, brian almost ALWAYS chooses marth, and the combo i wanna try only works on heavy weight characters, which brian never is when i choose falco lol. so i've been wanting to try that, plus it's just plain fun to play smash with you and everybody else lol =P

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Bk Wave

Because Marth Is GAY!!! j/k...not really...maybe...i dunno.

Anyway, yeah vect, good luck with whatever it is going on in your life. I gots yo back! Hmm, I think I'll start playing with a heavy weight char. No reason, just because Axe said he has a new combo. Maybe :dk: or somethin. Or maybe :bowser:. Nah, nevermind, sounds like too much work. Guess I'll just kirbin' it up with :kirby:

LOLS!

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol! that'd be kinda cool if you had a heavy weight character wave. but for right now, you should keep playing with your kirby, just cuz you're the funniest kirby i've ever seen lol. heck, you're the ONLY kirby i've ever seen! and you're good as heck with him lol. besides, i'm not too sure if that combo works cuz i've never tried it on a real human before.
So who's all going to the club on friday?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Another first post on a new page! I'm on a roll!

Which club u talking about?...oh wait, nevermind, BRAIN FART!!! LOL!
Uhh...I don't know. Not making any promises. Is everyone still smashin at Tag's house Friday night?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
oh yeah.umm since B-Will wasn't prepared. j/k B-Will tourney in tucson has changed to April 14, so tell ur parents and such so we can still go. jus makin sure you sv cats know. Mr. J. you still owe me FKKIN MONEY FROM LIKE 6 MONTHS AGO so i'm not payin you jack unless you gimme my cash back, or don make me pay for gas.. well nvm we may go w/different car anyway. idk but i do know y ou owe my MONEY $20 TO BE EXACT.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol snaps! Mr. j, you should probably pay vectorman his money pretty soon lol. anyways, i need to know who i'm riding with really soon. otherwise, my parents probably won't let me go. if i tell them "hey, i'm going with one of my friends" like a few days before, they'd be like "no you're not! it's too dangerous! blah blah blah blah blah" so if i let them know within the next few days, they MIGHT let me go, so i kinda need to know soon if Mr. j's taking me or someone else. i can pay for any gas fees anyone needs

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
ooookkk vec, lol.

But yeah, forward changed his mind on me. I made this tourney specifically so forward can attend because he won't be on the west coast for very long around that time. So whatever he says pretty much goes.

Axe and Vec is in so far, right? Anyone else?

Also, good video Vec. Your falco looks like mine now for the most part. You seem better at rshl'ing than I am which is pretty cool. I'll try and post more in your thread soon.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Oh i see. **** that sucks how Forward is leaving. GRR. *sniff* I see tho.. yeah so far me and axe are in.. umm. hopefully more of us come. like Mr. J. Turnup, Tag, anyone else is cool w/me..

Thx for the vid comment. I'm tryin i guess. it's hard tho.. Mewtwo is................FUN to use... ^_^ i'm gettin hooked. and thx B-will i'll look forward to it soon.

AXE 09

Smash Master
oh crap i just remembered... there's a pep rally at buena tomorrow, isn't there? well, from the sound of it, i think we're still having the smash club tomorrow, blackknight was talking about showing everyone the video, and he can't really do that unless we have the meeting, so... i'm just guessing lol. i'm gonna show up anyways

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lol what are you complainin about? pep rally's are bad but i'd rather go to a pep rally then hav to work.................... well nvm i take that back. but still. lol and I want to see it.. Wonder if it's good well i'll see you all when i see you i guess.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
oh yeah.umm since B-Will wasn't prepared. j/k B-Will tourney in tucson has changed to April 14, so tell ur parents and such so we can still go. jus makin sure you sv cats know. Mr. J. you still owe me FKKIN MONEY FROM LIKE 6 MONTHS AGO so i'm not payin you jack unless you gimme my cash back, or don make me pay for gas.. well nvm we may go w/different car anyway. idk but i do know y ou owe my MONEY $20 TO BE EXACT.
Yeah should probably pay you that cash or if your riding with me just to call it even huh? Well anyways I'll be playing smash today with you guys.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
lol snaps! Mr. j, you should probably pay vectorman his money pretty soon lol. anyways, i need to know who i'm riding with really soon. otherwise, my parents probably won't let me go. if i tell them "hey, i'm going with one of my friends" like a few days before, they'd be like "no you're not! it's too dangerous! blah blah blah blah blah" so if i let them know within the next few days, they MIGHT let me go, so i kinda need to know soon if Mr. j's taking me or someone else. i can pay for any gas fees anyone needs
Thats up to you doesnt really matter i guess but the the more people come the less money you have to pitch in for gas with the exception of Vec.

Wow double post havent seen these in a while

AXE 09

Smash Master
i wanna smash more! last night was awesome lol. friday night. oh, and tomorrow (sunday) is Tag's birthday, so everyone make sure to wish him happy b-day and stuff like that. i'm up for smash tomorrow if anyone else wants to, just give me a call

Top Bottom