• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

AXE 09

Smash Master
LMAO!!!! i read that thread that Skler posted in that thread, and that was like the best story i've heard about smash ever lol!!! that was awesome

Reptard

Smash Cadet
I missed out on Sebastians Birthday ;-;

oh well, I'll just maybe make the next one ~.^

I use internet explorer, and I actually may be going to Devastation. :3

Oh yeah, hehehe Sbeastian your thread got closed xD

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol nice pic jet4

as far as Devastation, i plan on bringing joey and andy. Goop is gonna house us. i wanna play mango so bad! but i wanted some people from SV to come. i wouldn't wanna come alone lol. but mango.... waaaaaa

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace

Where: Denver, Colorado
When: July 24-26 2009
Pre-registration: http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/registerinfo.php

The NVGA SuperCon is back!! The NVGA SuperCon, being held in Denver, Colorado July 24-26, 2009 is the national championship for the NVGA as well as the gaming haven for all gaming enthusiants seeking education in all aspects of the gaming world. In the end Education of the Gamer is what the NVGA is about!! The NVGA SuperCon features three key aspects to the gaming community:

National Championships and the NVGA Championships

Come join the NVGA as we crown our championships in both the NVGA and the two national events at the SuperCon. Below is the tournament games that will be featured at this year's SuperCon:

-Soul Calibur 4 (National Championship and NVGA Champioinship)
-Smash Bros. Brawl (NVGA Championship) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Guilty Gear Accent Core (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-Street Fighter 4 (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-HALO 3 (NVGA Championship) - (4 v 4) - $1000 Bonus Pot / (2 v 2) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Gears of War 2 (NVGA Championship) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Street Fighter 2 HD Remix (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-Rock Band - Battle of the Bands (NVGA Championship) - Big Prize

The Soul Calibur 4 National event consist of regional qualifiers finding the top 64 players in both games from across the nation as well Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The NVGA Championship consist of players from all over the United States including NVGA chapters in New Mexico, California, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, St. Louis, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, New England and Nevada.

Education of the Gamer

This year's SuperCon features big names from the gaming industry both educational, retail and other. This aspect of the SuperCon is made to provide gamers with the information that they need, want and desire as it applies to the gaming industry. With a list of panels, workshops, sponsors, vendors and exhibits this aspect of the con is truly made for all casual and hardcore gaming
enthusiast.

AnimeLand Wasabi

This year's SuperCon features a world class anime con presented by Animland Wasabi. Featuring a variety of anime/gaming related panels, artist and dance events this is a party that you don't want to miss

The Gaming Cave

The NVGA always believe in including all people in the excitement which is the gaming world. The Gaming Cave will give casual and hardcore gamers a chance to try out old and new games with the chance to learn from the best gamers from across the nation. It will also play host to a variety of giveaways and prizes in specific side tournaments that only can be found in the Gaming Cave. You might even see some TABLE TOP GAMING....only time will tell. This is also a safe haven for sponsors and vendors too show off there products to the very audience that we all cater too...the
GAMER!!

Pre-registration is open now to all players that want to compete for the NVGA Championship title. Whether you are a player looking for just a good time or a hardcore player looking to make a name for yourself this is the place to do it. There will be tons of things to do to wet the appetites of ANY GAMER!! You can pre-register for the event here:

http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/registerinfo.php

See you at the SuperCon!!!!!!

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice

Where: Denver, Colorado
When: July 24-26 2009
Pre-registration: http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/registerinfo.php

The NVGA SuperCon is back!! The NVGA SuperCon, being held in Denver, Colorado July 24-26, 2009 is the national championship for the NVGA as well as the gaming haven for all gaming enthusiants seeking education in all aspects of the gaming world. In the end Education of the Gamer is what the NVGA is about!! The NVGA SuperCon features three key aspects to the gaming community:

National Championships and the NVGA Championships

Come join the NVGA as we crown our championships in both the NVGA and the two national events at the SuperCon. Below is the tournament games that will be featured at this year's SuperCon:

-Soul Calibur 4 (National Championship and NVGA Champioinship)
-Smash Bros. Brawl (NVGA Championship) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Guilty Gear Accent Core (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-Street Fighter 4 (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-HALO 3 (NVGA Championship) - (4 v 4) - $1000 Bonus Pot / (2 v 2) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Gears of War 2 (NVGA Championship) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Street Fighter 2 HD Remix (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-Rock Band - Battle of the Bands (NVGA Championship) - Big Prize

The Soul Calibur 4 National event consist of regional qualifiers finding the top 64 players in both games from across the nation as well Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The NVGA Championship consist of players from all over the United States including NVGA chapters in New Mexico, California, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, St. Louis, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, New England and Nevada.

Education of the Gamer

This year's SuperCon features big names from the gaming industry both educational, retail and other. This aspect of the SuperCon is made to provide gamers with the information that they need, want and desire as it applies to the gaming industry. With a list of panels, workshops, sponsors, vendors and exhibits this aspect of the con is truly made for all casual and hardcore gaming
enthusiast.

AnimeLand Wasabi

This year's SuperCon features a world class anime con presented by Animland Wasabi. Featuring a variety of anime/gaming related panels, artist and dance events this is a party that you don't want to miss

The Gaming Cave

The NVGA always believe in including all people in the excitement which is the gaming world. The Gaming Cave will give casual and hardcore gamers a chance to try out old and new games with the chance to learn from the best gamers from across the nation. It will also play host to a variety of giveaways and prizes in specific side tournaments that only can be found in the Gaming Cave. You might even see some TABLE TOP GAMING....only time will tell. This is also a safe haven for sponsors and vendors too show off there products to the very audience that we all cater too...the
GAMER!!

Pre-registration is open now to all players that want to compete for the NVGA Championship title. Whether you are a player looking for just a good time or a hardcore player looking to make a name for yourself this is the place to do it. There will be tons of things to do to wet the appetites of ANY GAMER!! You can pre-register for the event here:

http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/registerinfo.php

See you at the SuperCon!!!!!!
...COOL! I'll see you there!

Shut the F up you ****** MONSTER!

Failure on U-Tube :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o4GCUKDlLk

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
DancingFighterG always spams the CO tournaments around the Southwest without even bothering to read where he's posting.

AIR

Smash Rookie
Aww... I'll miss the idea of going to Devastation... I had to bribe my mom to let me go too... :( If not, I'll just go watch a movie with someone...

So... I have 2 decisions...
1. Go to Devastation (by taxi or something)
2. Go watch a movie with a girl I like :p

hmmmmmm.....

1 > 2

:(

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
the problem is big sponsoring companys don care about the quality of the game but how many people play the game. Even though we are better players playing a better game there is just more of THEM(brawlers).

Me and tim here in texas are dying of lack of melee players around here.....all they have tourneys wise are these huge tournaments with brawl and maybe one or two melee setups. it's really depressing.

then the it doesn't help when most of the majority of the players are OK players......

we melee players are fighting a losing battle in texas....

Blitz Falcon

Smash Apprentice
AIR, even I think you'd be stupid to pick Devastation.
And thats saying something.

I just totally lied to the gamestop guys, they told me I had to be 17 to trade in games, and I needed the money, so I told them my birthday was last month instead of next month!

But shhh please :) it was to buy brian a new gamecube... since my mom spilled water on his other one.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I just totally lied to the gamestop guys, they told me I had to be 17 to trade in games, and I needed the money, so I told them my birthday was last month instead of next month!

But shhh please :) it was to buy brian a new gamecube... since my mom spilled water on his other one.
Living on the edge, aren't we?

v00m242

Smash Rookie
I'd take my girlfriend, if I had one, to a tournament. Lol.

*Edit*

This is Ruby, lol.

AIR

Smash Rookie
Because today, I just found out that her dad disapproves of me... So no movies for me :D

AIR

Smash Rookie
Yeah... That's why both Joey and I aren't going... So my plan backfired, and my backup plan backfired... Now I'm stuck working :(

Top Bottom