• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoa man!, 1st off, CHILL OUT. I'm jus sayin from our past you weren't that good so I wasn't sure if you were good now. I know it's been a while but I want to play you because I am confident I can beat you. I'm not familiar with L-Cancel, or WD, or DashDance, or short hop though. What are these like moves or something? I jus want to play you in a fair match of smash. Your character vs my Sheik.
Rogue, I'd say that you probably don't stand a chance against vec if you don't know any of those terms if if weren't for the fact you play shiek. Shiek is probably one of the few characters that you can actually get decent with without knowing these advanced tactics. Shiek has little lag on her moves as it is so l cancelling with her, while still needed, isn't extremely gamebreaking, her short hop sucks (probably top three worst in the game), shiek has a subpar wavedash although still very useful....I'm interested to see what happens but be prepared, vec will show you things that you never thought possible. I'd put my money on vec regardless. But yeah, if you want to advance your game, you better learn those advanced techs.

And vec, I can't get there because I have no means to get there while Jask has a car and whoever else up there does. I'm excited to play against tosser because he supposedly is the best in SV and your falco because I love falco dittos and I want to show you how a falco should be played lol. Hopefully you all can make it down either sat or sun of this weekend.

Oh, and btw, I've never owned a cube and still don't. lol...owning a cube, while it helps, doesn't really mean anything.

Priest_Revan

Smash Cadet
Rogue, I'd say that you probably don't stand a chance against vec if you don't know any of those terms if if weren't for the fact you play shiek. Shiek is probably one of the few characters that you can actually get decent with without knowing these advanced tactics. Shiek has little lag on her moves as it is so l cancelling with her, while still needed, isn't extremely gamebreaking, her short hop sucks (probably top three worst in the game), shiek has a subpar wavedash although still very useful....I'm interested to see what happens but be prepared, vec will show you things that you never thought possible. I'd put my money on vec regardless. But yeah, if you want to advance your game, you better learn those advanced techs.

And vec, I can't get there because I have no means to get there while Jask has a car and whoever else up there does. I'm excited to play against tosser because he supposedly is the best in SV and your falco because I love falco dittos and I want to show you how a falco should be played lol. Hopefully you all can make it down either sat or sun of this weekend.

Oh, and btw, I've never owned a cube and still don't. lol...owning a cube, while it helps, doesn't really mean anything.
V3ctorMan speaking

I know you're right u don have to own a GCN, but it sure seems like it makes a difference. When, i did'nt have a GCN it seemed like I was so bad, but when I got one to start training and **** to perfect techniques, it made it so much easier to learn I think.

B-Will, I admit, I'm a lil nervous, I have never played another Falco, but it will be a fun experience. Maybe, I can show you a few things with the Bird, as well.
Yeah, for now, Turnup is the best player in SV, I can't beat his Peach with my Falco consistently enough. Prolly 2 out of every 5 matches, I beat him. he's really good with her. I'd say Turnup = 1st Myself = 2nd Mr. J = 3rd Black/W4ve/Priest = 4th. I could get your opinion on them once I get vids of them playing up.

Rogue, I recommend, you go to the character specific section, and read the guides to certain characters, because right now in yuor current state. Like B-Will said, you won't be able to beat me. The past is long gone ....................... COUSIN. :laugh:

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
V3ctorMan speaking

I know you're right u don have to own a GCN, but it sure seems like it makes a difference. When, i did'nt have a GCN it seemed like I was so bad, but when I got one to start training and **** to perfect techniques, it made it so much easier to learn I think.

Rogue, I recommend, you go to the character specific section, and read the guides to certain characters, because right now in yuor current state. Like B-Will said, you won't be able to beat me. The past is long gone ....................... COUSIN. :laugh:
eh...yeah of course owning a cube helps but i guess ive always had the luxury to travel to friends who live by me so even though i didnt own one i was still able to get lots of practice in.

yeah rogue, i suggest you read up on the official terms list and memorize them.

Rogue Sheik

Smash Rookie

Ok, I see how it is, jus cuz I don know a few tricks of the trade, it means. I can't beat someone. Ok, fine since Sheik SUPPOSEDLY doesn't require much skill, I will just use Falco on you V3ctorMan. :) I have this move that uses the shiner and once I hit you with it, I will just bobble you (meaning I will knock you in the air, and back down, and it's inescapable. Once I hit you with it, you are guaranteed like 30 damage. AND YOU CAN'T BREAK OUT OF IT. So expect that move. I will show everyone that you are not as good as me, and that you are the same strength, you were years ago ........... CUZIN!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Ok, I see how it is, jus cuz I don know a few tricks of the trade, it means. I can't beat someone. Ok, fine since Sheik SUPPOSEDLY doesn't require much skill, I will just use Falco on you V3ctorMan. :) I have this move that uses the shiner and once I hit you with it, I will just bobble you (meaning I will knock you in the air, and back down, and it's inescapable. Once I hit you with it, you are guaranteed like 30 damage. AND YOU CAN'T BREAK OUT OF IT. So expect that move. I will show everyone that you are not as good as me, and that you are the same strength, you were years ago ........... CUZIN!
OMG, no plz not that. ONLY EVERYBODY KNOWS IT ALREADY! 1st off, I guess you can call the shiner what you called it but there are diff names for it that people are familiar with.
Reflector/Deflector. Srry, if I'm wrong it sounds a lil better.
2nd, the move you are naming has a name, and it's not bobble move. It's called Shinespiking/Pillaring and it's the main purpose of Falco's game besides his SHFFL/RSHFFL, oh sorry again, you prolly don know what SHFFL/RSHFFL is either. Or is their a chance that you do know what this is? Well, whatever, all GOOOOOD Falco's use these techniques, so yeah, i already know. LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE PLAYED FIVE (5) YEARS AGO. Many things have changed. Better start practicing more.

And, the combo you speak of isn't 30 damage, it's about 50/60/70 depending on what char it is used against. Everything you think only you know, everybody else already knows .................NOOOB.

Rogue Sheik

Smash Rookie
OMG, no plz not that. ONLY EVERYBODY KNOWS IT ALREADY! 1st off, I guess you can call the shiner what you called it but there are diff names for it that people are familiar with.
Reflector/Deflector. Srry, if I'm wrong it sounds a lil better.
2nd, the move you are naming has a name, and it's not bobble move. It's called Shinespiking/Pillaring and it's the main purpose of Falco's game besides his SHFFL/RSHFFL, oh sorry again, you prolly don know what SHFFL/RSHFFL is either. Or is their a chance that you do know what this is? Well, whatever, all GOOOOOD Falco's use these techniques, so yeah, i already know. LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE PLAYED FIVE (5) YEARS AGO. Many things have changed. Better start practicing more.

And, the combo you speak of isn't 30 damage, it's about 50/60/70 depending on what char it is used against. Everything you think only you know, everybody else already knows .................NOOOB.
Hmph! Well, so you SAY everybody else knows about this, then there must be a lot of good people in AZ. It's a bit difficult to believe that but I guess I will see soon. Well, maybe when I play you this time, you will put up a better fight. I don want to be bored by you anymore.

No. 9

Smash Rookie
Falco........kicks ***!!! Hey you guys playing this weekend? or any time soon before the November League? Oh and V3ctorMan, What are the details for the Nov. League?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
It's been 5 years. i think that's enough time. Seriously go look at the terms section. You will need to learn the techs and stuff. It will help alot. i will play you sometime, but get better. U don use any techniques cuz u don know what they are so I can't play you. Well I can but I won't cuz you get controller crazy (throwing it everywhere) when you lose. When I sometimes beat you long ago.

Thx yeah Falco, does kick *** Ummmm, jus keep posting stuff here. I am going to try and do a smashfest this week sometime. Jus contact me, Mr. J. or Turnup Tosser, we usually hold em.

Details for the November league are in the 1st post and most recent details are in post #395Bring more people and hope to play smash with you this weekend.

Sorry about the post about watching you play Jigglypuff, that's my good friend Pinilla, I was trying to send him the message but I quoted you. Sorry about that. My friend Pinilla is the one that uses the Jiggs and he's pretty dirty with her. No. 9, I do hope I get to meet you soon though, it would be great to meet another smash player. Me, and Turnup and our crew are pretty much friendly. Mr. J though is another story though. j/k Mr. J.

Rogue Sheik

Smash Rookie
It's been 5 years. i think that's enough time. Seriously go look at the terms section. You will need to learn the techs and stuff. It will help alot. i will play you sometime, but get better. U don use any techniques cuz u don know what they are so I can't play you. Well I can but I won't cuz you get controller crazy (throwing it everywhere) when you lose. When I sometimes beat you long ago.

Thx yeah Falco, does kick *** Ummmm, jus keep posting stuff here. I am going to try and do a smashfest this week sometime. Jus contact me, Mr. J. or Turnup Tosser, we usually hold em.

Details for the November league are in the 1st post and most recent details are in post #395Bring more people and hope to play smash with you this weekend.

Sorry about the post about watching you play Jigglypuff, that's my good friend Pinilla, I was trying to send him the message but I quoted you. Sorry about that. My friend Pinilla is the one that uses the Jiggs and he's pretty dirty with her. No. 9, I do hope I get to meet you soon though, it would be great to meet another smash player. Me, and Turnup and our crew are pretty much friendly. Mr. J though is another story though. j/k Mr. J.
****, you're better than I gave you credit for I guess VMan according to everyone else here. I'll remember that when I am beating you in our match of smash. :chuckle:
And what is this league thing that No 9 is talking about.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
****, you're better than I gave you credit for I guess VMan according to everyone else here. I'll remember that when I am beating you in our match of smash. :chuckle:
And what is this league thing that No 9 is talking about.
How about this, when you come down and move to AZ, I will MM you. It will be 3 out of 5 matches. Winner gets the glory, and loser shutups about talking. How about that? :p

And you wouldn't understand league even if I explained it. League is something I am running for SV, like a gaming league for SSBM where players can win cool prizes. It's like Weeklies with major cash prizes. And other cool stuff.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol...vman maybe be hot **** in SV but he really doesnt have anything on tucson or phoenix. thats where the real action lies. he still owes me a 20 dollar MM in which I hope he can do this weekend. talk to mr. j about coming down. your falco is going to get ***** by mine...gonna get your *** comboed and you won't know what hit you. trust me.

Rogue Sheik

Smash Rookie
How about this, when you come down and move to AZ, I will MM you. It will be 3 out of 5 matches. Winner gets the glory, and loser shutups about talking. How about that? :p

And you wouldn't understand league even if I explained it. League is something I am running for SV, like a gaming league for SSBM where players can win cool prizes. It's like Weeklies with major cash prizes. And other cool stuff.

yeah no problem MM is that money match? yeah and I will join your league. I will win the thing anyway so I can use some free stuff like cash.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
alot of heat going around maybe everyone needs to just shut up and play

go head B-Will post something about this
lol i will. and you are absolutely right. i only started talking **** after vector initiated it a while back. but yeah, once we'll play, vec won't be talking **** anymore. i talk the talk and will also walk the walk. hopefully we'll see this this coming weekend.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Thoughts of Mr.J.......1st off VEc your cousin sounds like a noobass no offence but the stuff he talked about, it sounded like he knew something other people didnt pfff every good player knows all the skills.. 2nd B-man its not vec you should worry about playin to much its me and maybe Turnip 3rd Blacknight has nothing to say at all. Lets just note the disgraceful losses you endured. Peace im out

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lol i will. and you are absolutely right. i only started talking **** after vector initiated it a while back. but yeah, once we'll play, vec won't be talking **** anymore. i talk the talk and will also walk the walk. hopefully we'll see this this coming weekend.
ROFL:laugh: what do u mean I initiated it. If u are intimidated by my trash talking, which I don do to mean anything, then sorry, but I don trash talk to actually mean anythin. The only thing I remember is when u tried to make yourself sound like you suck when u didn't and I knew u didn't. Ok though I'm not as bad as you think I am and neither is Turnup or Mr. J. they did get better u know.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Don't make me come down there and show you what an *** kicking with Taj Trash-Talking looks like. I suck, money match me for a lot of money.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Don't make me come down there and show you what an *** kicking with Taj Trash-Talking looks like. I suck, money match me for a lot of money.

Taj go hussle someone else cause we know you're good that **** doent work here but I wouldnt be surprised if one of us beat you now.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Taj go hussle someone else cause we know you're good that **** doent work here but I wouldnt be surprised if one of us beat you now.
O RLY? Want to put money on that? :chuckle: Hahahahahahahaha. I suppose you couldn't tell that it was a joke, but if you're serious then you better show me your moves. I'm serious, that is an interesting assertion. Prove to me that one of you can beat me.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
O RLY? Want to put money on that? :chuckle: Hahahahahahahaha. I suppose you couldn't tell that it was a joke, but if you're serious then you better show me your moves. I'm serious, that is an interesting assertion. Prove to me that one of you can beat me.
Ummmmmmmmm, yeah Taj, The chances of that happening are very slim. Based off of what they told me what you did to them. (Turnup & Mr. J) you handled em pretty dirty. But supposedly as well this was when they were still nubs and used no advanced techniques either. I don care though. I am the brave/new challenger/stubborn/stupid one of the group so I will MM you for $10. (I have some money I am able to give out I guess.) WELL A LOT OF MONEY BUT I DON WANNA GIVE IT !!!ALL!!! OUT

THIS SHOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY. YOU GET $10 FOR FREE.
Maybe I can even learn something from you. It would be great. I look forward to it. I'm telling you though, I am not as bad as most of the players think I am but I guess I will have to prove that factor myself. I still have more to learn cuz there is ALWAYS more to learn but I will surprise a few of you up there. Maybe even some of the top players. SEE YOU ALL SOON (I HOPE)
I am trying to go up there Sat/Sun with Mr. J./Turnup so we can all play. Can't wait to play other good players besides Turnup/Mr J and my crew.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am trying to go up there Sat/Sun with Mr. J./Turnup so we can all play. Can't wait to play other good players besides Turnup/Mr J and my crew.
Yeah that would be cool. If you were to make it, I'd make sure that enixmoogle and zarelid come as well so you can play the best in Tucson.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yeah that would be cool. If you were to make it, I'd make sure that enixmoogle and zarelid come as well so you can play the best in Tucson.
Yeah, that would be great if you could bring all of them. Thx B-Will for setting up so much stuff. Hope to see you this weekend. That is if Mr. j. doesn't somehow have a reason for us to not go. This should be great. ummmm, ok I want to make sure I bring enuph money for all jus in case i LOSE ALL of my MM's. K B-Will I have a $20 MM with you right. And I have $10 with Taj, so I should bring like $100 dollars, cuz I MM a lot and I am the guy that likes to pay for the pizza so all can eat. Is that cool wit u and ur group?

:p well, nevermind u don have a choice, I am goin to bring 100 so if we all get hungry later on that night, I can support us with GRUB and maybe even Gas money for the ones that may need it for transportation. k. :p

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
This saturday will be one to remeber ....if I can go hopefully just where is this all going to happen my dad needs to know where it is going to be at. Im looking forward to our match
B-Will hopefully everyone will bring something to the table that way everthing will be kewl.

O mr. j those weren't disgraceful losses and i will always have much to say because if it doesn't kill me it only makes me stronger. you just helped find all my flaws in playing. :chuckle:

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
This saturday will be one to remeber ....if I can go hopefully just where is this all going to happen my dad needs to know where it is going to be at. Im looking forward to our match
B-Will hopefully everyone will bring something to the table that way everthing will be kewl.

O mr. j those weren't disgraceful losses and i will always have much to say because if it doesn't kill me it only makes me stronger. you just helped find all my flaws in playing. :chuckle:

3 stock matches on you, is disgraceful for anyone...and as for going to Tucson on Sat I gotta see if I can get off of work that day but ill let you know. And Vec dont doubt us vs Taj. hes good but not the best and im sure i'd rock some lives off him if not be able to beat him so you gotta be able to own on him.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
mr. j. don't let me down again lol. seems like everytime you have something come up. like last time, none of us were able to get a hold of you AFTER you told us that you were going to come down here for sure and that you were going to call me sat night. but yea let me know.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
3 stock matches on you, is disgraceful for anyone...and as for going to Tucson on Sat I gotta see if I can get off of work that day but ill let you know. And Vec dont doubt us vs Taj. hes good but not the best and im sure i'd rock some lives off him if not be able to beat him so you gotta be able to own on him.
I'm not doubting any of us at all. i am just saying that Taj, is EXPERIENCED and will know many types of ways to maneuver many characters. That's why he is so good. I don doubt any of us, I think all of us are good. but you, Turnup, most of Tucson have played many diff players. i have only played u all in SV and level 9 comp. So for me, it may be a lil difficult to adapt. I think that maybe..................... well, we will see Sat. if mr. J gets day off.

EDIT - k all SV smashers TURNUP TOSSER promised me that we can smash at his house tonight from about 8 till late. Sp if u can make it post here or jus give me a call. more smash matches, and I will record some of them for us.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Mr. Jaskolski, I'm going to have to show you who I am again. Just remember that you backed out of our $50 money match, I'm more than happy to challenge you again.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
This is a random comment, but do you know why I like Taj alot?
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

:chuckle: BECAUSE HE'S BLACK. YAY:chuckle:

Sorry not trying to offend anyone but it's pretty cool. I don know any black smashers besides W4ve, Black, Priest, and myself.
Random comment could not help it. I was bored.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Mr. Jaskolski, I'm going to have to show you who I am again. Just remember that you backed out of our $50 money match, I'm more than happy to challenge you again.
Taj is gonna rock u............i know from personal experience :chuckle:
I dont remember asking your opinion Yang I dont care if he beat you that doesnt mean he's gonna beat me.... And Taj i didnt forget how bad you beat me the first time and only time i played you, but if you think for one second I havent gotten better you gotta another thing coming buddy. Yeah about the money match thing i really didnt have any cash to fight anyone it was that or walk home and I dont exactly live down the street from Tucson. But yeah Im thinking your skill level has pretty much has been the same as the last time we played so im pretty confident that i wont be losing this time.......SV baby!

Rogue Sheik

Smash Rookie
Yo V3ctorMan, I'm back now and I guess you did get better. I was watching some vids of other people watchin them winddash and L-cancel it don't seem like that simple factor can change the game though. I guess it can. Who are Taj and B Will, do you play smash with them too. I can't wait to play you all from AZ so I can give you my **** sauce with Sheik. :) EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU :)

Taj, do you really play Mewtwo. mewtwo sucks completely in this game. It must be hard for u to beat some people even if u beat them. Well u probably don win with Mewtwo. Nobody can win with Mewtwo against someone good. It's too hard.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I dont remember asking your opinion Yang I dont care if he beat you that doesnt mean he's gonna beat me.... And Taj i didnt forget how bad you beat me the first time and only time i played you, but if you think for one second I havent gotten better you gotta another thing coming buddy. Yeah about the money match thing i really didnt have any cash to fight anyone it was that or walk home and I dont exactly live down the street from Tucson. But yeah Im thinking your skill level has pretty much has been the same as the last time we played so im pretty confident that i wont be losing this time.......SV baby!
what an ignorant post......taj always gets better! Obviously i wasn't saying that just becuz he beat me that he was gonna beat u. So are u saying your going to mm him the next time u meet?

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Hey Yang we know Taj is good and all but we don't need someone riding his nuts and being his little groupie k so chill out unless you bring somthing to the table k

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Wtf are u talking about i'm not riding his nuts its just kinda funny how scrubs behave. THEre like OMG I CAN BEAT KEN but then don't do anything. Funny how he didn't answer my question about if he would mm taj again. He knows hes wrong....thats what happends when ignorant people are wrong......they get all defensive and ****.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Taj, do you really play Mewtwo. mewtwo sucks completely in this game. It must be hard for u to beat some people even if u beat them. Well u probably don win with Mewtwo. Nobody can win with Mewtwo against someone good. It's too hard.
Sigh...I've seen Taj play only once about 6 months ago and I can tell you that his Mewtwo is the craziest thing I have ever seen. By that I mean he will four stock you with probably any character, especially Mewtwo. I just don't see how some people can't take others being better than them.

Top Bottom