• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!

Yes, she's the only one. If I'm not mistaken James, that is, If you ever look back on this, didn't SKYPAL find this glitch out? Just curious, that's what they said. But Josh kids around...a lot...

pacman

Smash Rookie
let me elaborate for some people out there...when i say "smash" i mean to quicky move the "joy stick" left or right...i dont mean a smash "attack"...okay..okay :laugh:

Joker

Smash Ace
:laugh: :laugh:
Samus is the only character whom has a SWD.
However, we've all seen at some point in time Luigi cross the whole screen sometimes from simply sheilding an attack ^^

But also, Yoshi :ohwell:

Ya his is somewhat similar to Luigi's just that Yoshis goes zooming hella fast, possibly faster than samus' swd.

And as far as someone "inventing" the swd...dont even worry bout that lol
at this point anyone could just be saying anything, and no one will ever know for sure, or how about...the game makers did, is that ok ? :laugh:

pacman

Smash Rookie
well i know sam has a really good jump...if your at a good percent like 50% or higher...well you just jump in front of mario "doc mario is better, you get a higher jump" when doc does his forward B " you know the towel "jump right next to him, let the towel hit you "but i think you have to do an attack to get this out"...than you like 30feet in the air just from one jump..this teck is good for teams

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I made some videos of the frame by frame SWD. Go to 'play' to play the video.

1. Frame by frame SWD - Frame by frame, regular. Original File Download

2. Frame by frame SWD (Close-up) - Frame by frame SWD, regular, zoomed up close. Original File Download

3. Frame by frame SWD (Close-up -2frames) - Frame by frame SWD, crouched bomb (-2 frames), zoomed up close. Original File Download

I find that these helped me in getting the timimg.

In my opinion, people try to do it too early. I like to do a standing bomb, not move, and I wait until Samus is on the floor (not exactly when she hits it), then I do a quick right-left or vice-versa.

Joker

Smash Ace
;)

Umm pacman???
Just curious but what did your last post have to do with anything here?
:ohwell:

pacman

Smash Rookie
Joker said:
;)

Umm pacman???
Just curious but what did your last post have to do with anything here?
:ohwell:
well much like her glitch..the "SWD" where she flys to the left or right (horizontally) "and i dont mean fly like a bird, i mean fly..as in move really fast". in this glitch, which has the same effect as the "SWD" but she goes up really fast & really high ...yes i know this is a little off the "SWD" topic...im just letting other samus players know that there is a similar glitch like the "SWD" that sam has :)

Joker

Smash Ace
I dont know if that works on all the characters, but i know it works on muptiple characters. :laugh:

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
Lanowen said:

1. Frame by frame SWD - Frame by frame, regular.

2. Frame by frame SWD (Close-up) - Frame by frame SWD, regular, zoomed up close.

3. Frame by frame SWD (Close-up -2frames) - Frame by frame SWD, crouched bomb (-2 frames), zoomed up close.

In my opinion, people try to do it too early. I like to do a standing bomb, not move, and I wait until Samus is on the floor (not exactly when she hits it), then I do a quick right-left or vice-versa.

AMAZING VIDEOS!!! These help sooooo much--but too bad we can't download them though...

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
That's weird, then... if I go hit the Download tab above the article, and then click on a video, it returns me to the main article (on the View tab) with a "You do not have permission to download videos." message...

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
mod, can we put lanowen's frame by frame at the front of the sticky, or lanowen, could you do a post edit, Sveet had a point when he said he'd have to search post by post to find what he was looking for, i'm sure we'll have posts like this in the future if we don't move it

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
Lanowen said:
Anonymous users can now...lol my bad.

But registered users could download it.
Lol yeah i figured it was something like that; thanks for making it available to unregistered users as well

fluffy

Smash Champion
okay so whos the best swder here? i think its me cuz i did a swd by complete accident the other day. i didnt even want to, yet it made me slide gracefull across the screen.

pacman

Smash Rookie
WOW YOU DID IT JUST ONCE..YOUR THE MAN..na i just kidden :p ..i love to do the swd just to fv<k around..i can pull it off about 70% of the time :)

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Thanks to this guide, I've learned to SWD with Samus. No, not even 50% of the time, but it's a start.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
I didn't even see them, to be honest. I am looking now, though.

Maybe it will help, but you might just think it's stupid. I am having more success, now, since i've done it a few times.

But, to get started, once I understood what the move was, I made a metaphorical refrence in my head. I said "Reminds me of a slingshot." So, I pictured pulling back on the sling(Holding back) and at just the right time, letting it fly foreward(Smashing foreward) and then letting it fly(Clearing the Joystick) and that helped me get the timing down.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten the SWD down pretty consitently, lately (I can pull off five in a row in a good run (Didn't Joker say he can do six? I'm catching up, then. ;D).). I only ever use it to look cool, though. >_>

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Kidding about what? Being able to do five? Of course I'm not kidding. Note that I said that was on a good run. In the heat of battle I can only do two in a row. Three, tops. Not that they lead to anything useful, though. >_>

The most I've ever pulled out consecutively was five, but every time I reach that number I become aware of how well I'm doing and screw it up.

Joker can do ten? Dang. Last I heard was that he could do six; guess I'm a little outdated. I guess it also means I'm only half the man he is. ;-;

fluffy

Smash Champion
omg i just spent my whole day yesterday practicing swd and i did 2 in a row!

im so badass

Pneuma

Smash Ace

1. Frame by frame SWD - Frame by frame, regular. Original File Download

2. Frame by frame SWD (Close-up) - Frame by frame SWD, regular, zoomed up close. Original File Download

3. Frame by frame SWD (Close-up -2frames) - Frame by frame SWD, crouched bomb (-2 frames), zoomed up close. Original File Download

This post is VERY helpful.
I wish it would be linked on the first page.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
The most I've gotten in a row is 3, but then I can go 10 or more tries without doing it once. I think I'm still missing something, gah.

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
I actually don't find it that hard to do and I don't think about the frames I just do it. Sometimes I have troubleIt was quite hard and frustrating to learn, but its really fun to pull off. I prefer the holding the direction opposing the way i want to go then flicking it the direction i want to go. There is a tech i'm trying to work on, but it might be more flashy than useful who knows.

This is how it goes:

charge up power beam. SWD backwards and if your SWD is long enough you will go off the stage as you are going off the stage shoot the power beam and like 1/4 of the beam will be "in" the stage. (if you want to see how this looks pick kirby, swallow a computer samus, charge up the power beam and shoot it looks like its "in" the stage) It works best if your opponent is on the side of the stage you are going to.

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
Thanx for explaining the Super Wave Dash on this thread Cap'n Crunch, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't know how to do it.

Zzanitari

Smash Rookie
So this is pretty much a glitch for Samus? I'm going to go practice doing this right now...

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Oh, good God. I just played some friends at SSBM and it turns out I can't do SWDs any more. Well, I probably still can, I just might be a bit rusty. You see, I don't even own a GCN, let alone SSBM, and the last time I played was a couple weeks ago. The only reason I ever got to practice it was because my friend lent me his GCN and I lent him my PS2.

Let's just hope I can get back into the swing of things with some more practice whenever I can.

Joker

Smash Ace
Also if you go play at someone else's house dont feel bad.
Believe it or not it seems that different tvs. ACTUALLY make a difference, although yes its still the same frame work, i think the defintion of the tvs, actually have something to do with it, in some way or another, so if you do it fine at your house, or the tv you trained with it on , then go somewhere else and cant do it as well, you just need time to adjust to different screens, also maybe the the position you usually sit at too.

Like being used to a 19 inch screen then jumping to like a 46 makes a huge difference thats just an example.:chuckle:

Btw if it matters to anyone , my 10 swd were back and forth, not just from one side:psycho:

Joker

Smash Ace
No thats not just what i meant.:)
I mean for SWDing period, different screens tend to throw ppl off, i know what you mean tho, some of the big screen tvs actually slow down game play like half speed for like 3 seconds or so, lol stuffs crazy, thats gotta be great playing on a 46 inch screen with a 4 ppl free for all or teams on Fountain of Dreams :chuckle:

So ya im just saying overall , if you go some where else and cant seem to swd that well or as well as you normally do , this seems to have a factor in it:psycho:

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Btw if it matters to anyone , my 10 swd were back and forth, not just from one side:psycho:
So were my five SWD.

...Dammit, Joker, why'd you have to go and make it ten in a row? I preferred it when it was six because then I felt like I was getting close to surpassing you. >_<

Joker

Smash Ace
Cries @ how i'd probly be at like 20 in a row if i still played the game. lol

Top Bottom