• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

thessbaddict

Smash Rookie
well yea of course we want some interactive pieces i mean if there weren't then it would be kinda borring. but yea it'd be nice 2 have more interactive stuff than ssb & ssbm

thessbaddict

Smash Rookie
yea i am to i'm gonna get it and all of it's (most likely) awesome stages right when it comes out. i've been to one chat place where this guy was like going crazy asking about what kinds of stages there were going to be. :psycho:

pirkid

Smash Lord
final destination!
that place was awesome!
you thnik their might be a crazy camera mode?
going all 3-d...
lol
how bout Pharae Palace from fire emblem?

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
Rainbow Road anyone?
I'd love to see something neat like the Zora's Domain from OOT as well

and seeing as I'm probably the only person on the planet that plays Meteos for DS, I'd like to see a world from there as well... some of HAL labs's staff worked on that game anyways, haha.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming that Bowser's castle has been mentioned. But just in case it hasn't, its absence from the last two games was a travesty.

More to the point, I like the mechanic of the Pokefloats, but the idea seems quite forced. I personally think that the idea of constantly changing platforms suspended in midair could be very easily adapted to be a Kid Icarus Stage. Likewise, the 'side-scrolling madness' of Big Blue would be very well suited to a Sonic Stage, in the event that Sonic is included.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Has anyone taken Captain Falcon, put on a Bunny Hood, and ran along Big Blue with the other cars? It is really fun. I can imagine myself doing that with Sonic, despite the fact I don't want Sonic in.

Anyways, the guy who said Luigi's Mansion could be a stage... oh em gee, I can't believe I never thought of that. You're a FREAKING GENIUS!

Potter

Smash Rookie
I say, if they decide to make a Wind Waker stage, they should make it completely cel shaded, that'd be off the HOOK.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
That'd be cool, but it'd have to still have some major graphical polish. In my eyes, Wind Waker's cel shaded graphics could of been much better, but atleast they were still unique.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
They looked fine too me, what would be funny (wouldn't happen thouh) is if when you played on that stage all the characters were cel-shaded too.

Ugalde

Smash Rookie
What if, They added stages like in the old Mario Games(forced movement along the stage)
old style pixels, and mabey a bullet bill or two, just a crazy stage!With forced movement.That would wake you up!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wind Waker's cel shaded graphics were unique from other cel shading, in my opinion. I enjoyed them and thought they were fine. Also, I liked that Wind Waker idea. I hope they have a Twilight Princess stage that gets engulfed by Twilight as you play. That would be even more "off the HOOK"

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking a little while ago... What about a Dark Aether stage, where you can only stand a few places with getting damaged? It would certainly concentrate battle, but there would be a few bubbles farther away for long-range characters.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Man, why do I always not think of the cool stages?

I like that idea, EnFerris. Maybe instead of it just being Dark Aether, though, the game would randomly transport you between Dark and Light worlds, depending on how long the battle is being fought.

GenG

Smash Lord
I'd definitely love retro stages. You know, like both Ancient Kingdoms, but from many games: Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers... a blast from the past.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yeah, I loved how they made an Ice Climber syle stage in Melee. I think that they should put a stage based on Super Mario 64 in Brawl.

Char

Smash Rookie
In the second to last picture( sorry if it was mentioned I didn't read the whole topic ) who/what is the thing that meta knight hit At first I thought it was kirby, but then I saw kirby off towards the lower right of the screen. After looking at it for a few secs it kinda looks like a monkey :/

Char

Smash Rookie
Wow, I must be blind I though Mario's legs were a cloud of smoke.

icymatt

Smash Lord
These sorta go half and half as both ideas and predictions:

There will be a stage based on Twilight Princess...probably that castle we keep seeing. Okay, that's a little obvious.

There will be a stage based on Metroid Prime...People have mentioned the Phazon Mines, but I think the Chozo Ruins are also a good bet. Also quite obvious.

Pit will get two stages, one based on the Sky Palace and one based on the Underworld. Both stages will feature an Eggplant Wizard randomly appearing and turning characters into vegetables.

Wario's stage will be Wario Ware, Inc., and it will be filled with some of the craziest hazards you have ever seen, and might even involve a changing arena. Wario may also get a stage based on the Wario Land series (Golden Pyramid?)

Snake's stage will sport the Metal Gear Rex as a part of it. You probably wouldn't want to be near it for long.

I think the Lost Woods would make a great stage, as not only has it been featured in more than Zelda game, it could be used as Geno's stage.

Magicant would make a good stage representing Earthbound. I would suspect the second Earthbound/Mother stage would be from Mother 3, maybe Oshoe Castle?

ChaosCaster

Smash Rookie
I think a Bowser's Castle stage would be pretty awesome.

Note: The scale is based on Marth's size or so.

Things of interest:

1. Fireballs (Red blobs)
-Podobo jump up to around head height, dealing 5% with barely any knockback
-Timing: Every 10-15 seconds

2. Moving Blocks (Brown lines)
-Top block moves up and down about the size of a human
-Bottom block moves all the way across the lava pit, taking ~5 seconds one way.

3. Bridge (Black line above lava pit)
-Once activated, falls from the right to the left, taking ~3 seconds to fall completely.
-Activated by pressing the green switch to the right.
-Switch appears every 45 seconds
-Cannot be ducked through, can be jumped through
-Reappears (exact opposite of falling, left to right in 3 seconds) 45 seconds after it falls.

4. Lava (Red stuff at bottom)
-Acts as water in Termina Great Bay, except it damages 15% every half second with no knockback
-While bridge is up, lava rises to cover the bottom moving platform. (In this picture, lava should be covering the lower platform.)
-Lowers to current at the moment the switch is pressed.

5. KO zones: (long = long off-screen distance before death)
-Left and right edges, long
-Top, short
-Lava, short

//Edit: And yes, I realize that looks like a face. >_>

Anyway, comments? I did this in 5 minute with paint.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Nice level, ChaosCaster.

You know what I'd like to see? Loop levels.

Like in New Super Mario Bros., in the multiplayer, how the level just loops. what if there was a Smash Bros. Stage based on Super Mario Bros. 2 (I think it's 2, can't remember) where if the character walks off one side of the stage, they just pop up on the other side? Then you could have a hole or two to KO people in, and of course you can also KO by knocking them far in the air. I think that'd make some interesting matches to see people hit someone one direction, then attack them as they come towards them from the other direction.

Bowserman

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been posted before, but does anyone want to guess how many stages there might be in SSBB?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
uh no there won't be thirty more, if they're going to make all new ones i'd say they'll have about 20-25 or so original ones plus 10 old stages

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'd think the number of stages would be around the number of characters, maybe a few more.

Mean2U

Smash Cadet
I think most stages will be remade from Melee. But you know what stage I'd like most? The Dragons Gate from FE7! That'd be awesome. I could have the map music and maybe even Nergal's theme in the background! Just an idea...

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
I know its not nintendo but.. how about a tetris level... you can only send people flying out of the top and the whole time your playing, tetris blocks fall down on you

Top Bottom