• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is an essay that I wrote on Toad:

The next character that I will discuss is Toad. First off, I am not much of a Toad fan, I kind of like him, though I prefer Paper Mario over him. However, I can’t help but feel sorry for the little guy. He has progressively been having less and less roles in games, and the original “The Toad” seems to be gone, with the last appearance of him being Super Mario RPG, the Mario Kart games, or Luigi’s Mansion (was it all the same Toad in that game?). He was one of the original four main protagonists of Mario series, especially with Super Mario Bros. 2.

Toad was also with the rest of the Mario gang in the early spinoffs such as Super Mario Kart and Mario’s Tennis (which was a Mario Tennis game for the Virtual Boy). Toad was the hero of one of my favorite puzzle games ever, Wario’s Woods (I have both the NES and SNES versions of the game, however, my NES copy is in Animal Crossing). Toad had his own GAME before Luigi or Peach did. He also had a major role in Super Mario RPG, and was constantly helping you throughout your quest, and even was brave enough to bust through Smithy’s Factory by his lonesome to give Mario and his buddies some last minute supplies. Toad was also very good in Super Mario Bros. 2, and was extremely useful for the sand-digging levels. Basically back in the old days, Toad was made of win and awesome.

However, starting with Super Mario 64, “The Toad” started to disappear, and was simply made more as a generic sort of character to describe the entire race, with no “The Toad” in sight. Toad would host the Mario Party games, and continue to join the rest of the Mario cast in the sports spinoffs and Kart games. In Tennis, he would start to get that super-annoying croaky voice, which would get progressively worse as the years went by. Toads were also made into universal cowards and weaklings, a far cry from the Toad that was in Super Mario Bros. 2, Wario’s Woods, and Super Mario RPG. It seemed as though the Toad from those games has long been forgotten, which is why characters such as Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., and even the one shot Geno have all surpassed him in popularity. Its for this reason, that I sadly cannot see Toad being added to the next Smash Bros., or possibly any future Smash Bros.

arfer

Smash Cadet
I somewhat see the importance of toad in the series but honestly, I can't imagine his moveset at all. unless Peach gets a new B move, Toad has no place in the fray. Other than what he's done in Wario's Woods, what exactly can he do?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I never understood why they didn't put Mewtwo in the original Smash64 but they put jigglypuff.
Smash 64 was never supposed to be released outside of Japan, and the two biggest Nintendo franchises (Mario and Pokemon) both got one character each.
Mario got the protagonist giving the name and Luigi.
Pokemon got the 2 most popular Pokemon in Japan: Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Mainly based off the Anime.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Nope. Peach also is playable in Super Princess Peach aside from SMB2.
And if you count Wario's Woods, then Toad was playable in 2 games, too.

I agree that Toad is an important character, but I dunno... I - personally - would feel a bit awkward if we had Toad instead of Bowser Jr.
With Waluigi and Daisy, though, I agree with. Even though especially Waluigi is the personification of the spin-off games, making him kinda important, as well.

Debating aside:
I want Donkey Kong Jr. as alt. costume for DK.
How did I forget SPP?! I was going to get that, but got NSMB instead.

I'd prefer Bowser Jr. before Toad, but I do believe Toad has a good enough chance as anyone to get in. I also believe that Rosalina has a real good chance if there is some Galaxy related things in the next game. That being said, Delfino Plaza didn't bring Bowser Jr., so my theory is probably pointless :laugh:.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
I wish Mewtwo was the second most popular in Japan. Then Mewtwo would still be in and we wouldn't have to keep Jigglypuff in because "she's one of the original 12 LOL!".

Also no to Rosalina. She's been in one game and just...no. There are so many Mario chars that should get in before her.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
How is Bowser Jr. more deserving?! He isn't an original Mario character like Toad. In fact, Toad has always been an important part of Mushroom Kingdom. He is always there to make you feel like you are a part of Mario's world in Mushroom Kingdom!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I somewhat see the importance of toad in the series but honestly, I can't imagine his moveset at all. unless Peach gets a new B move, Toad has no place in the fray. Other than what he's done in Wario's Woods, what exactly can he do?
Here is an old moveset that I made for Toad. All of the specials and Final Smash are based off of abilities he had in his games.

In Super Mario Bros. 2 (or even better yet, go check Super Mario Advance), Toad is ranked as the fastest of the four characters (5/5 rating), the strongest (5/5), however, he has the poorest jumping (2/5). He is also very light, as he is usually among the lightest drivers in the Mario Kart games. Toad’s trophy profile in Brawl also makes mention of Toad’s “superhuman strength.” A character that is both a speed character and a power character has not been done yet in the Smash Bros. series., so I decided that this would help to make Toad quite a unique character addition.

Toad has also starred in many games over the years, and much of his moveset will be derived from his abilities in Super Mario Bros. 2, Wario’s Woods, the Mario Kart series, as well as some of the Mario sports titles he has been in. Toad will also have some special abilities that are unique to him (much like Peach’s floating ability is unique to her). I am hoping that the moveset that I have crafted for Toad will help dissipate the belief that Toad would not be an unique character addition.

Stats:

Speed: 5/5 (Toad is among the fastest characters in the game)
Power: 5/5 (Toad is very strong, like Ganondorf or Ike strong)
Recovery: 2/5 (One of Toad’s worst qualities, Toad’s recovery has little horizontal recovery, but excellent vertical recovery when fully charged)

Weight: 1.5/5 (Toad is one of the lightest characters in the game, about Kirby’s weight).

Toad Regular Moves:

Due to short length of Toad’s limbs, you must be quite close to your opponent in order to hit him or her with your attacks. Toad relies on his massive head for a lot of his attacks due to this.

A: Left-punch
AA: Right-punch
AAA: Toad puts both his hands on the ground, and kicks his opponent with both of his feet (Pikachu’s A-tilt)
Side-A-tilt: Toad does a spin-kick.
Running-A: Toad headbutts his opponent with his huge head while running.
Down-A: Toad headbutts his enemy (think Pikachu’s regular A-move)
Up-tilt A: Toad jumps up a little bit to do a headbutt.
A-Air: Toad spins around in a ball.
Backward-air: Toad kicks from behind.
Foward-air: Toad does a foward headbutt spin (meaning he headbutts by spinning head first into your opponent).
Up-air: An upward headbutt.
Down-air: Toad falls instantly down head first on his opponent (think like Toon Link’s Down-air). If the attack connects he will bounce off his opponent and be in the air again. It’s a spike if the opponent is in the air.
Smash-foward: Hits opponent with tennis racket, it is perhaps among Toad’s weakest moves, but it possesses the properties of a special move in that it can reflect knock back projectiles if timed right.
Down-smash: Hits opponent with a golf club, this attack has the most range of any one of Toad’s A-moves. It also has a sweetspot at the tip.
Up-smash: A very strong headbutt, hehehe, no. He actually flips upside down to do and upward kick (think ROB’s Up-Smash).
Grab-A: Toad knocks his grabbed opponent with his massive head.
Foward-throw: Tosses character foward like he would a veggie.
Down-throw: Slams opponent downward nothing special.
Up-throw: Headbutts enemy upward.
Back-throw: Swings opponent like Mario and Luigi do with their back-throw. Very powerful.

Special moves:

Regular B: Bombs: Toad pulls out a bomb from Wario’s Woods. The bomb is quite powerful doing 15% damage a piece. If B is pressed again Toad will place the bomb on the ground and kick and the bomb. The bomb will slide along the ground and won’t explode until it falls off a ledge, hits a wall, hits an item, or hits your opponent. This is based off of an ability from Wario’s Woods.

Side-B: Toad Kart: Toad rides his kart from the Mario Kart series. It is like Wario’s bike in that you can ride into your opponents with it to do damage, however, there are few key differences. One is that Kart is a tad slower, does slightly less damage, but has much better traction (turning). Toad will also be able to throw any items he is holding while riding it, much like in the Mario Kart games.

Down-B: Veggies: This is similar to Peach’s down-b but there are a few key differences. One is that Toad will be able to pluck the veggies, that come out of the ground much faster than Peach (in Super Mario Bros. 2, Toad was the fastest plucker, wheras Peach was the slowest). Toad also does not have his plucking limited to turnips. Toad will frequently also pick up pumpkins, radishes, and peppers (as well as the other veggies that you could pick up in Super Mario Bros. 2). Toad will also occasionally pick up some of the items that appeared in Super Mario Bros. 2 when doing this such as a Koopa Shell, a bob-omb (yes, sometimes bob-ombs would be picked up), a POW block, and some rare occasions a stop watch. You only have a 5% chance of picking up an item (meaning 1/50 shot), however, the move is well worth it considering that besides turnips, the other veggies that Toad throws do more damage than most of Peach’s turnips, and he is able to pluck them faster and throw them farther.

Up-B: Super Toad Flip Jump: This Toad’s recovery move. Toad’s does not do his recovery jump right away, and is derived from Super Mario Bros. 2. You hold Up-B to charge up his jump-power (Toad will crouch down while doing this just like in SMB2). It takes about four second to get a maximum jump potential out of it, however, Toad will do his super jump whenever you let go. When fully charged, Toad will be flashing and can hold onto the super jump until you decide to use it. Toad also does a flip at the apex of the jump just like in Super Mario Advance. It has excellent vertical recovery when fully charged (higher than Dedede’s Up-B), and is a great kill move. However, the move has lousy horizontal recovery (less than Dedede’s Up-B, but more than Ike’s Aether).

Final Smash: Bomb Barrage: This Final Smash is inspired from Wario’s Woods. The fairy-sprite thing from Wario’s Woods will shower lots of bombs from the game all over the arena you are fighting on. Toad can gather these bombs to stack them and kick them individually like in Wario’s Woods. The bombs will explode once they hit your opponent (the bombs won’t backfire on Toad). Sometimes, the black bird from Wario’s will appear in the fairy’s place and shower random enemies from Wario’s Woods instead. Unlike the bombs, the enemies can be continually reused. This is not a powerful Final Smash, and can even be classified as one of the weaker ones.

Toad has a few unique abilities exclusive to him. One is that he has the ability to run up walls like in Wario’s Woods, however, this ability is only useful for stages such as Fourside and Saffron City. Toad also has the ability to pick up his opponent after landing on top on an enemy (though Peach will also have this ability) and upon using his down-B, will pick up his opponent and chuck them far (resulting often in a KO if the opponent has 100%+ damage). This techniques required skill and timing, however, upon mastering it, it is a very effective way to kill your opponent.

Toad’s taunts are as follows:
1. Toad will wave at the screen and say hi.

2. Toad will jump up, and say yahoo (Based off of when you would select him in Mario Kart 64).
3. Toad will clench his fists, and look determined toward his opponent and say, “I’m not scared.”

Victory animations:

1. Toad will give the peace sign, and say “Sweet.” This is based off of what he would do when he would win a match in Wario’s Woods.
2. Toad will be jumping up and down saying “Yippee I won.”
3. Toad will pump his fist, and say “I guess you underestimated me.”

Toad idle animation:
Toad will normally just have his fists clenched and try to look determined and brave. Once and a while, Toad will have nervous expression on his face and look around.

Toad running animation:
Toad runs with his arms thrown back (like Ness’s running animation).

Toad shielding animation:
Toad will use his arms to block his big head.

Toad costumes:

Costume one: Greed spots on shroom head, with green jacket.
Costume two: Blue spots on shroom head, with red jacket.
Costume three: Yellow spots on shroom head with yellow jacket.
Costume four: Black spots on shroom with black jacket.
Unlockable alternate costume: Toadette or Toadsworth

Kirby Hat: Kirby wear’s the Toad “shroom hat”.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Rather intriguing Toad moveset; nice to see Chronobounds still around.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Nice Toad moveset...I forgot about him havng epic strength. I don't like all the Mario sports game stuff though, we have enough of that with Peach.

Anyway if Toad was in like that I'd probably end up maining him. I already main him in Mario Kart so yeah.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm saying Waluigi would get in because a lot of people want Waluigi in. He also had an assist trophy.
Helirin had an assist trophy.
Helirin for Brawl!?

I wish Mewtwo was the second most popular in Japan. Then Mewtwo would still be in and we wouldn't have to keep Jigglypuff in because "she's one of the original 12 LOL!".

Also no to Rosalina. She's been in one game and just...no. There are so many Mario chars that should get in before her.
Because she's a one off character means she shouldn't get in?

What about=
Ness
Lucas
Sheik
Ice Climbers

They only appeared in one game, and they got in.
Although 3 of them were playable, I'm pretty sure Sheik was never playable, but she got in Melee after being a supporting character in OoT. She didn't need to be in, but she did because she had fans. Rosalina also has some fans, and therefore, her inclusion is possible.

arfer

Smash Cadet
Nice Toad moveset...I forgot about him havng epic strength. I don't like all the Mario sports game stuff though, we have enough of that with Peach.

Anyway if Toad was in like that I'd probably end up maining him. I already main him in Mario Kart so yeah.

Yeah, other than stuff like wallclimbing and bombs I was actually not even aware of Toad's strength. Pretty interesting. After actually reading ChronoBound's proposed moveset, I can't say that I'm pretty interested in seeing Toad in action

justaway12

Smash Master
I think when Cadues mentioned he was an assit trophy he might have ment Waluigi might have been considered... probably.

@Toad moveset:That looks good aslong as he isn't as broken as I imagine he might be with some of that stuff.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ness, by the way, also got only in Smash 64 because of his (and the Mother series' general) popularity in Japan.

As for Rosalina: I highly doubt it. If, she would be a mere Peach clone. I know she and Daisy have different abilities and it's able to separate them from Peach, but I doubt it would be too much.

I can see Rosalina to be added to more Mario games, as she is a great character and I love her to pieces, but right now, I don't think she should or could be included in Smash Bros. outside of a Peach alt. costume, which I would heavily support.

Edit: Durr... 64 not Melee >.<

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Helirin had an assist trophy.
Helirin for Brawl!?
Oh yes, definitely.

Because she's a one off character means she shouldn't get in?

What about=
Ness
Lucas
Sheik
Ice Climbers

They only appeared in one game, and they got in.
Although 3 of them were playable, I'm pretty sure Sheik was never playable, but she got in Melee after being a supporting character in OoT. She didn't need to be in, but she did because she had fans. Rosalina also has some fans, and therefore, her inclusion is possible.
Personally I hate Ness and Lucas so yeah. Wouldn't care if Sheik or the Ice Climbers left, either. Comparing Rosalina to Ness and the Ice Climbers is insane, though. Ness and the Ice Climbers starred in their own games. If there was a very popular Nintendo game called Rosalina's Epic Game or something, then yeah she might get in. But she was just a minor character in the most recent installment of the ultra popular and already well-repped Mario series. Sheik isn't a stand alone character, either, she's just a transformation of Zelda. She is a part of Zelda. You can go on debunking little points but it's the big scene of things that matters.

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't imagine Rosalina getting in what about Daisy I think he has more of a chance and even her chances aren't that good.

Not that i'm complaining but way do we always come back to Mario or Sonic?

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Don't understand all the Sonic hate. Sonic is a great series, just ignore the existence of all of the 3D games after Sonic Adventure 2.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The one major thing outside of characters that irks me the most; I had hoped that the Metroid Prime stage would not be inside a cave or anything similar to that. There are so many beautiful locations that could have worked, Phendrana Drifts, Torvus Bog, Sanctuary Fortress, Tallon Overworld, even Skyworld would have been good if MP3 had come out earlier. That was a disappointment to me that they did not utilize the more ambient locals.

I also hoped for a new Earthbound stage, Saturn Valley was the ideal, sadly they went for NPC. That is Mother 3's fault. lol

Thats about it, other than Megaman not being in, but I digress...

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Completely agree. The "hey look here's some darkness and lava" thing is getting old.

justaway12

Smash Master
Atleast Cadues agrees that sonic is a great seris (after 3D of course which I din't think is THAT bad).

@Starphoenix: Yeah alot of great stages wasn't in :ohwell: hopefully in the next game that is why this thread is here just release your frustration.

EDIT:The 1000th page it's apperantly a good thing and since it is so great Vorguen you stole my spot :mad: only I desereve such an honour JK.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Page 1000 post FTW

Neutral Special - Hand Kannon
Using Skurvy's weapon of choice here is all but mandatory. For this move, Skurvy pulls his hand cannon from his belt to fire a projectile at foes. However, what the projectile is can vary. By tapping the button once, there is an 85% chance that Skurvy will fire a disjointed cannonball the size of a Smart Bomb. He fires these with about half a second of lag on both ends. The cannonball has above average priority, and flies for about half of Final Destination before disappearing in a cloud of gunpowder.

The cannonball deals below average knockback and 5-8% to whoever it hits. If a foe outprioritizes it, the cannonball will vanish early. It travels at about the speed of Wolf's laser until it reaches maximum range. Skurvy can move forward and backwards, and jump once while waiting to fire, allowing for some movement, although it can be difficult to set up. By moving the Control Stick up or down during the startup, Skurvy can angle his shot like several Smashes or Tilts. The distance still stays the same, though, and if the cannonball is aimed down while on the stage and hits the ground, it vanishes early. Properly timed, this can be great for gimping.

Wait...cannonballs appear 85% of the time...what appears for the other 15%?!

It looks like Skurvy's taken a page out of K.Rool's book and gotten an upgrade. He has a low chance of shooting one of three different colored clouds from the Kaptain K.Rool battle in Donkey Kong Country 2. Each of the three different cloud types have a 5% chance of appearing, rounding out the likelihood of each of Skurvy's ammo types to 100%. The three clouds are about 75% the size of Kirby, and are not affected by gravity. They soar out about half the distance of Final Destination (unless they hit a character or obstacle) before vanishing. Clouds fly at a slightly faster speed than Luigi's fireball. When Skurvy fires a cloud, he loses half of the starting and ending lag he has when firing a normal cannonball. Only one cloud can appear every twenty seconds. Although they can't really be planned due to their rarity, clouds can be a great way to surprise foes.

Each cloud type has no different effect on the way it is fired, but it sure does on the way it affects foes. Here are the types:

Light Blue Cloud: These clouds have rather high priority, being able to cut through most attacks, although fire attacks can disperse them in one hit. These beauties deal 15-16% and freeze foes for around the same period of time as a Pitfall buries foes. However, instead of being trapped in an iceblock, foes merely turn blue and freeze right where they are, falling straight down in the air, stopping whatever they are doing. They can button-mash to lessen the time frozen, but any good player will stick around to build damage on the player, putting their good fortune to good use. Foes with more damage are frozen for longer. This is useful onstage, and can be deadly offstage, so be careful to drop below the stage ledge when recovering against an edgeguarding Skurvy; you never know when this might occur.

Light Red Cloud: These clouds have above average priority, but not to the extent of that of the the above cloud. This variety deals 9-11% and slows down the foe hit drastically, as if they were hit by a Timer item. Of course, this makes the foe highly vulnerable to following attacks for the same period of time as a Timer. Unless of course you are Meta Knight. Foes cannot shake off their slow speed, so their best hope is usually to dodge, run, or ledge-stall. Or be risky with quick attacks, although Skurvy can usually outprioritize these, especially with the foe's new lack of speed. Especially devastating for slow characters, and also useful for offstage foes that Skurvy can gimp.

Light Purple Cloud: People who fought Kaptain K.Rool will sure remember these pieces of hell in vapor form. The priority of these is average, lower than that of the other two, which is highly useful for foes trying to flee, although with the element of surprise clouds have as a whole, this is hard to do. Purple clouds deal a lower than usual 4-5%, but they reverse the foe's controls for fifteen seconds. For players who are unaware of this effect, the results can be hilariously devastating, as the player ponders why his character is running off the side of the stage. Although this is not nearly as useful if the player actually knows what he is doing, it can also be used to quickly move away recovering characters who will barely make the edge, as a small gimping tool. This can be quite useful, or only a temporary surprise, depending on your opponent.

Side Special - The Pirate Handbook
Skurvy reaches into his belt for a device of pure torture...the Pirate Handbook? Really? Well, they're actually more like guidelines, but whatever. Taking out the book takes a very short period of time. By pressing the button input, Skurvy takes out the book and starts to read random piratey facts like he does to his mates, such as why pirates bury treasure and the like.

This seems to have no effect at first, but if a foe stands on the ground three Stage Builder blocks away from Skurvy (or closer, with more detail below), he'll start to take 1% per second, being bored to tears from the reading of the handbook. The player can hold the input to keep out the book for as long as he wants, but after three seconds of reading, Skurvy begins to get tired from reading, losing some breath, and begins reading faster, with a shorter range; this time, only two Stage Builder blocks in front of him. Foes at this range take 2% per second, and are stunned for a split second (although a bit longer if they have more damage).

After three more seconds, Skurvy begins sweating as he reads in almost a yell, and loses breath fast. The smaller range here is one block in front of the Kaptain. Foes here fall asleep, and stay asleep for about 1.5 times the time they do for Jigglypuff's Sing (which is utter garbage in Brawl). Putting the book away normally takes a short period of time, but after three seconds, Skurvy will stop and pant for a second afterwards, having a good deal of ending lag. Skurvy can move around while speaking, similarly to holding a shooting item. He can't attack or dodge, but he can move forward or backward and use one jump, to allow for some versatility while using the move, and to allow for the startup lag to not make the move useless. This is useless in the air, but it can lead to some interesting setups on the ground, and can be used to build damage on foes effected.

As a bonus, if you scroll the camera all the way up to the handbook, you can see a picture of the book's famous author along with the title.

That's right. Foes of Kaptain Skurvy, prepared to be Krunch-a-tized!

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Character wish list ( I know some characters don't have a chance at all, but I still want them in! )

Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad ( NEW )

The Legend Of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda ( NEW )

Metroid Series
Samus
Ridley ( NEW )
Metroid ( NEW )

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh ( NEW )

Earthbound/Mother Series
Ness
Lucas
Ninten ( NEW )

Warioware Series
Wario
Mona ( NEW )

Nintendog Series ( NEW )
Nintendog ( WITH DIFFRENT BREEDS ) ( NEW )

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Staryu ( NEW )
Generation Pokemon Trainer

Ice Climber series
Ice Climbers

Game & Watch series
Mr Game & Watch

Animal Crossing series
Animal Crosser ( Boy and Girl ) ( NEW )

Kid Icarus series
Pit

Starfox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Panther ( NEW )

Yoshi series
Yoshi

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike
Lyn ( NEW )

Pikmin series
Olimar

Densetsu no Stafy ( NEW )
Stafy ( NEW )
Stapy ( NEW )

Chibi Robo series ( NEW )
Chibi Robo ( NEW )
Telly Vision ( NEW )

arfer

Smash Cadet
I dunno, I wouldn't be too excited if Megaman was included. His moveset has already been established in the Marvel vs Capcom series and I imagine his moveset would simply mirror it. THat itself is kind of dissapointing like theft or whatever. or maybe it's just me

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Atleast Cadues agrees that sonic is a great seris (after 3D of course which I din't think is THAT bad).

@Starphoenix: Yeah alot of great stages wasn't in :ohwell: hopefully in the next game that is why this thread is here just release your frustration.
Nintendo should buy the rights to Sonic...that way Sonic starts getting great games again, and we get more Sonic reps in SSB4.

Also I try not to be a grammar nazi man, but my name is Caedes. There's no u in it. lol.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I dunno, I wouldn't be too excited if Megaman was included. His moveset has already been established in the Marvel vs Capcom series and I imagine his moveset would simply mirror it. THat itself is kind of dissapointing like theft or whatever. or maybe it's just me
Sonic's moveset was heavily influenced by the Sonic Fighters game, but he still got in.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Nintendo should buy the rights to Sonic...that way Sonic starts getting great games again, and we get more Sonic reps in Brawl.

Also I try not to be a grammar nazi man, but my name is Caedes. There's no u in it. lol.
Sega should focus on getting their act together, and going back to what makes Sonic a classic gaming icon.

I wouldn't want Nintendo to get Sonic, they'd mess up.

Sega has forgotten what Sonic was about.
It wasn't about blazing speeds, getting motion sickness from watching it, or going around talking about people.
It was simply a task of getting from A to B as quickly as possible, and having fun reaching your destination.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Yeah, Metroid DEFINITELY needs a more... different-er stage. Lava/acid rising/falling is SO old by now, and Frigate Orpheon, while a step in the right direction, still doesn't cut it.

And I wish Sonic would be sold out to Nintendo. But the likelihood of that is, what, 1/9999999^999? :p

Edit: Page 1000 FOR THE WIIIIIIN!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
He (Megaman) can draw from MvC, there still need to be some originality and retro canon moves, the main thing is to keep him from being a camper. Which can easily be achieved by making his normal shots the same as Fox's laser (no knockback, small damage). While his charge is where the power will lie.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
According to an article I read a while ago Sonic Team has just lost all motivation to make Sonic games. They don't care anymore. That's why they suck.

They've been trying to get their act together for some time...they aren't going to. I don't think they have another good game in them.

arfer

Smash Cadet
Sonic's moveset was heavily influenced by the Sonic Fighters game, but he still got in.

hmm good point. then again, sonic would be pretty boring if his moveset was based solely on his 2D games... which is basically nothing but jumping and spindashing.

I guess having MvC Megaman on SSB4 reminds me that the MvC franchise is dead and prompts me to not like the inclusion of Megaman... or something like that I dunno

justaway12

Smash Master
Nintendo should buy the rights to Sonic...that way Sonic starts getting great games again, and we get more Sonic reps in SSB4.

Yeah but if you've seen half of my posts you would have realized my grammer sucks anyway but i'll try to be better and correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't sonic sold and probably appered most on the wii they should buy his rights then mario will have no rivalries and everyone will know he is the best mascot EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom