• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Thanks much. *Goes to look*

EDIT: Ah, that is actually quite nice. There are quite a lot of Nintendo characters that could be used. Though I am quite unsure of which one's your wanting to place into your Project. I take it that is a secret or are you willing to share? Either way Smash is Smash and any character that is in is fine with me. I'm curious if your putting in any more 3rd party's that have been on a Nintendo council before or the one's from brawl (Snake & Sonic) back. Though I can go either way with 3rd party characters as it wouldn't bother me if they were or were not in the game.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I always wanted Wolf to have a machine gun, like he did in Assault. But you're right on that. I really don't know how Leon would work without having cloned specials once again. Unless they gave him an Assault-style Blaster for B, Camouflage for Down + B (makes him invisible for a while), Grenade for Side + B, and Jet Booster for Up + B. Then he'd be the most inventive Star Fox character in the game, besides Krystal, if she makes it.
Wolf was a disappointment for me too. Seriously, Assault brought such potiential, but instead, they decide to swat it down. As for the Leon moveset, it was actually pretty good.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Thanks much. *Goes to look*

EDIT: Ah, that is actually quite nice. There are quite a lot of Nintendo characters that could be used. Though I am quite unsure of which one's your wanting to place into your Project. I take it that is a secret or are you willing to share? Either way Smash is Smash and any character that is in is fine with me. I'm curious if your putting in any more 3rd party's that have been on a Nintendo council before or the one's from brawl (Snake & Sonic) back. Though I can go either way with 3rd party characters as it wouldn't bother me if they were or were not in the game.
Well, I already revealed Lip, but I will also say the following series have gotten a playable character.
- Paper Mario
- Custom Robo
- The Legend of Stafy
- Advance/Famicom Wars
- Puzzle League (Lip is the representative)
- Golden Sun
- Punch-Out (which actually had four installments)

As for third-party characters, I am keeping Sonic and Snake (though I might consider removing the latter, though I have formulated a detailed plan to keep his "essence" in Smash 4 even if he were to be removed), and I am adding Mega Man.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Sounds pretty good! And Mega Man? That made it all the more better. That's the 1 character (other then Mewtwo, though I still enjoy Lucario all the same.) I honestly wish could of been in Brawl.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Well, I already revealed Lip, but I will also say the following series have gotten a playable character.
- Paper Mario
- Custom Robo
- The Legend of Stafy
- Advance/Famicom Wars
- Golden Sun

As for third-party characters, I am keeping Sonic and Snake (though I might consider removing the latter, though I have formulated a detailed plan to keep his "essence" in Smash 4 even if he were to be removed), and I am adding Mega Man.
You forgot Sin & Punishment and Advance Wars. Mostly Sin & Punishment. T_T

darkserenade

Smash Ace
- Paper Mario
- Custom Robo
- The Legend of Stafy
- Advance/Famicom Wars
- Golden Sun

A tiny guess in the dark, but I take it that Paper Mario, Ray MK II, Stafy,Andy,Issac, and Little Mac are those characters?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Falchion- said:
You forgot Sin & Punishment and Advance Wars. Mostly Sin & Punishment. T_T
What he actually forgot was Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents. S&P is just one game, and it's not even made by Nintendo.

If I could be so bold, could I have some more clarification on what exactly you're up to, ChronoBound? I mean, it sounds like you're just working on a big, detailed post about everything Smash 4 should have, but maybe I'm missing something...really, it's the whole "beta-testing" thing that's throwing me.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh, now I see it. I overlooked it. But think about it this way. Ice Climber is only one game, yet the Ice Climbers remain. Why not Saki?
Though to be technical, there was a game called Ice Climber Vs. that is pretty different from the NES original. Also, NES Ice Climber has been re-released multiple times (Animal Crossing, an e-reader game, a part of the NES Classic series for the GBA, and for the Cirtual Console). I will try to see how different Ice Climber Vs. was before saying whether it could be classified as a series.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
What he actually forgot was Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents. S&P is just one game, and it's not even made by Nintendo.

If I could be so bold, could I have some more clarification on what exactly you're up to, ChronoBound? I mean, it sounds like you're just working on a big, detailed post about everything Smash 4 should have, but maybe I'm missing something...really, it's the whole "beta-testing" thing that's throwing me.
Still, Saki would be awesome. ;-;

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
A Paper Mario character? This I got to see.
Paper Mario's representative is Paper Mario (though he uses his partners for some of his moves).

As for S&P, I would definitely consider giving it a playable character if it ever gets a sequel.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
Oh totally. I agree with you there, and if there's ever a--my heart be still--Sin & Punishment 2, then the series just has to get an actual rep.

But I think an AT's pretty awesome for such an obscure character.
Trudat. But he has a chance at Smash 4, me thinks.

@DarkSerenade: Star Beam, for sure. If not that, then SuperNova from TTYD. '_'

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Out of curiousity, what would Paper Mario's FS be?
Hmm, I forgot the name, but I was thinking the power-up you get from the last Crystal Star you get in The Thousand Year Door.

As for Vs. Ice Climber, from further research, it seems to me its more of an enhanced port than a new game. The only noticable things that were added were wind in some stages and a new enemy (a bee with a spear).

Masterplum

Smash Apprentice
I think ssb4 should have customizable movesets for each character. Each character, if possible, could have two upb's, two b's, two sideb's, and two downb's. You could then customize a character and give them the movesets that you want them to have. This could open up many possibilities for each character and many different strategies and different ways to play a character. Of course, they probably could'nt do this for every character but say they could'nt make up another upb for donkey kong, then he would just have one upb and instead have a total of 7 special moves. Each character could also have two final smashes.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
darkserenade said:
I support the beta smash project!
I'd still like to know what this is, exactly...

And on the Paper Mario thing, it could also be his giant retro-Mario transformation from SPM. But I don't really know...I didn't like any of the Paper Mario games, so...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Good idea, but I forget the name too. It looked like a meteor shower, I think. I support the beta smash project!
I'll send you a PM later this week.

Also, Chief Mendez, this is not a game or a hack, however, I am hoping that the ideas presented within it strike a chord within the Smash community, which is why I need the input from other Smash community members. What may sound good to me, might actually be awry.

Also, Mendez do you support my ideas for Smash 4 from what has been presented thus far?

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
'K. Also, do you intend to put partners from all three games? I could see Pixls being hard to implement.
Pixls, imo, would be the grabbing. I made a Paper Mario character a while back. His B was Explosion (Bobbery), his Side + B was Power Shell (Kooper), his Up + B was Cloud Nine (Lakilester), and his Down + B was Veil (Vivian).

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Pixls, imo, would be the grabbing. I made a Paper Mario character a while back. His B was Explosion (Bobbery), his Side + B was Power Shell (Kooper), his Up + B was Cloud Nine (Lakilester), and his Down + B was Veil (Vivian).
That's a great PM moveset you have. Tippi could serve as an easter egg, like Snake's codec.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
For smash 4 they should give more reps for the series that only have one or two member(s). Yoshi should have another rep by now he was part of the original 11. Same applies for samus (zss isn't adequate enough imo)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's a great PM moveset you have. Tippi could serve as an easter egg, like Snake's codec.
Or Goombella or Goombario (though Goombella would be more interesting since she has a personality). I was planning on giving Paper Mario a easter egg move in which Goombella comes out and does a humorous commentary of the character you are fighting against.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Also, Chief Mendez, this is not a game or a hack, however, I am hoping that the ideas presented within it strike a chord within the Smash community, which is why I need the input from other Smash community members. What may sound good to me, might actually be awry.

Also, Mendez do you support my ideas for Smash 4 from what has been presented thus far?
So it's essentially a large, thought-out, communal dissertation, then? Sounds like fun to me, and yeah, pretty much everything you've posted in the last three or so pages is agreeable to my fine and delicate sensibilities. :lick:

Anyway, as I was going back to look over Chrono's posts, I stumbled across some--GASP!--relatively fresh concepts!

MarkPP said:
Add as friend function in wifi.
Chat in wifi.
Can see names in random games.
Can see the text of the taunts in random games.
Chat should be a no-brainer after WiiSpeak finally adds voices to Nintendo's online (even if SSB4 is on a new console, WiiSpeak shows Nintendo can and will do voice chat). Add as Friend should also be included, though both players have to confirm the action.

Names are a possibilty, though there's always the little worry about profanity. Taunts are a no-go, though. If a five-letter-long name causes concerns about vularity, then taunts would be right out. Also, they're kind of a stupid feature anyway.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Or Goombella or Goombario (though Goombella would be more interesting since she has a personality). I was planning on giving Paper Mario a easter egg move in which Goombella comes out and does a humorous commentary of the character you are fighting against.
Goombella is better than Tippi, I'm glad we agree,
Lol I'm like Merluvee, rhyming, as you can see..

Which brings me to phase 2,
An item, you see,
a trophy of sorts, none other than Merluvee!

...But, in all seriousness, Merluvee is a good choice for an assist. She could give you boosted attack and less knockback.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
For smash 4 they should give more reps for the series that only have one or two member(s). Yoshi should have another rep by now he was part of the original 11. Same applies for samus (zss isn't adequate enough imo)

Original 12 my friend. What other Yoshi character is a could be a feasible character. Samus has a tons of different characters to add. Ridley, Dark Samus to name a few.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
Goombella is better than Tippi, I'm glad we agree,
Lol I'm like Merluvee, rhyming, as you can see..

Which brings me to phase 2,
An item, you see,
a trophy of sorts, none other than Merluvee!

...But, in all seriousness, Merluvee is a good choice for an assist. She could give you boosted attack and less knockback.
Ogawd. Not another Grunty the Witch. T_T

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So it's essentially a large, thought-out, communal dissertation, then? Sounds like fun to me, and yeah, pretty much everything you've posted in the last three or so pages is agreeable to my fine and delicate sensibilities. :lick:

Anyway, as I was going back to look over Chrono's posts, I stumbled across some--GASP!--relatively fresh concepts!
So would you work with on my project to beta-test it before I decide to post it? Your answer isn't clear.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
@ KnyaGuy=Another rep. for Yoshi... is in your sig! Bowser Jr. (or is that baby bowser :l) was the star villain in Yohi's Story...

edit: To post above--So do I :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom