• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
(Counting only series with characters)
Mario: Toad
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool
Wario: Captain Syrup
Yoshi: Kamek
Legend of Zelda: Tingle
Pokémon: Mewtwo
Kirby: Rick the Hamster
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh
Fire Emblem: Caeda
Mother: Ninten
Star Fox: Krystal
Metroid: Ridley
Pit: Eggplant Wizard
Pikmin: Louie
Retro: Donbe (the taller version of him) [Shin Onigashima]
WTF: Prince Sabure [For the Frog, the Bell Tolls]
3rd Party: Knuckles the Echidna
(Including stages)
Animal Crossing: K.K. Slider
(Including music)
Golden Sun: Isaac

I won't due trophies and stickers due to how many series that would bring up.
Prince Sabure? ...*wikipedia* Ohhh.... of course it was Japanese only. Definite WTF character there.

Ninten's also an interesting choice. Considering his/MOTHER's status he probably lost his chance at Smash back in the N64 days. *mad face*

That and he'd be a major defensive wall if Sakurai wouldn't pull a 'So-and-so taught so-and-so this move.'

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I HAVE to jump in on this.

Mario--Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong--K.Rool (Too many monkeys if we get Dixie)
Yoshi--Kamek
Zelda--Zant
Metroid--Rundas
Kirby--Knuckle Joe
Pokemon--Meowth
Wario--Captain Syrup
Retro--Bubbles
Star Fox--Krystal
F-Zero--Samurai Goroh...I guess
Pit--Palutena
MOTHER--Masked Man
Fire Emblem--Lyn
'WTF'--Mii
Punch Out!!--Mac
3rd Party--Banjo and Kazooie

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Me wanting girl characters is mostly a coincidence even though, with the exception of El Fuerte, I typically main female characters in fighting games (save for SSB).

Kamek, and Adeleine were only mentioned because you asked for characters from those series even though I think Yoshi and Kirby are fine as they are.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I HAVE to jump in on this.

Mario--Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong--K.Rool (Too many monkeys if we get Dixie)
Yoshi--Kamek
Zelda--Zant
Metroid--Rundas
Kirby--Knuckle Joe
Pokemon--Meowth
Wario--Captain Syrup
Retro--Bubbles
Star Fox--Krystal
F-Zero--Samurai Goroh...I guess
Pit--Palutena
MOTHER--Masked Man
Fire Emblem--Lyn
'WTF'--Mii
Punch Out!!--Mac
3rd Party--Banjo and Kazooie
Meowth is also an interesting choice, solely because he relies on anime popularity. I don't mind him though. Zant's really obscure in this case, because of Skyward Sword coming out and Midna even being foreshadowed. Ah well.

Bubbles.... (Sakurai: BUBBLEZ CAN'T FIGHT D: ) Meh, as much as I dislike his excuse there, he won't do anything to implement her if he makes the next Smash. *sigh*

As much as I can hope not, Mii's have a much better chance due to being a part of the 3DS. And Banjo-Kazooie... I hate Microsoft. Not in general, but for owning Rare now, and apparently sticking vehicle gameplay into the latest Banjo-Kazooie game, something that the 360 has ENOUGH of. -_-

Me wanting girl characters is mostly a coincidence even though, with the exception of El Fuerte, I typically main female characters in fighting games (save for SSB).

Kamek, and Adeleine were only mentioned because you asked for characters from those series even though I think Yoshi and Kirby are fine as they are.
True, it is awfully hard to give opinions to series that usually stick with a few main characters throughout the entire history of the franchise, with occasional one-timers.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
One from EACH series? Well, personally I would have liked to see the following:

Mario series: Toad
Donkey Kong series: Dixie Kong
Zelda series: Tingle
Metroid series: Mother Brain (the real villain of the series IMO)
Yoshi series: Baby Mario
Kirby series: Marx
Star Fox series: Krystal
Pokemon series: Meowth
F-Zero series: Samurai Goroh (it was either him or Black Shadow and I don't know much about this series)
Mother series: Ninten
Ice Climber series: Polar Bear (he would be pretty cool)
Fire Emblem series: Caeda
Game & Watch series: Mrs. Game & Watch (okay, I am not even trying anymore :p)
Kid Icarus series: Palutena
Wario series: Captain Syrup
Pikmin series: Louie (he's the only one besides Olimar)
Robot series: Professor Hector (he could drive on a R.O.B.-like mech like Tron Bonne does in Marvel vs. Capcom series)
Metal Gear series: Gray Fox (I don't know anything about this series)
Sonic series: Tails

If I want a new retro character and a new WTF character, I'd go with Takamaru and Duck Hunt Dog.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
One from EACH series? Well, personally I would have liked to see the following:

Donkey Kong series: Dixie Kong
Zelda series: Tingle
Metroid series: Mother Brain (the real villain of the series IMO)
Yoshi series: Baby Mario
Kirby series: Marx
Star Fox series: Krystal
Pokemon series: Meowth
F-Zero series: Samurai Goroh (it was either him or Black Shadow and I don't know much about this series)
Mother series: Ninten
Ice Climber series: Polar Bear (he would be pretty cool)
Fire Emblem series: Caeda
Game & Watch series: Mrs. Game & Watch (okay, I am not even trying anymore :p)
Wario series: Captain Syrup
Pikmin series: Louie (he's the only one besides Olimar)
Robot series: Professor Hector (he could drive on a R.O.B.-like mech like Tron Bonne does in Marvel vs. Capcom series)
Metal Gear series: Gray Fox (I don't know anything about this series)
Sonic series: Tails

If I want a new retro character and a new WTF character, I'd go with Takamaru and Duck Hunt Dog.
I can't help but facepalm at this... *facepalm*

Donkey Kong series: Tiny Kong
Zelda series: Toon Zelda/Tetra
Metroid series: Metroid
Yoshi series: NOTHING
Kirby series: Rocky/Poppy Bro Sr.
Star Fox series: Panther
Pokemon series: Staryu... (Mewtwo more though ;D)
F-Zero series: Jody Summer
Mother series: Paula
Ice Climber series: NOTHING (Vegetables can't move... And Tobi/Polar Bear are just too...too)
Fire Emblem series: Lyn
Game & Watch series: NOTHING
Wario series: Mona
Pikmin series: President (;D)
Metal Gear series: Gray Fox
Sonic series: Amy
Nintendogs: Nintendog (+Cats ;D)
Cooking Mama: Cooking Mama (;D)
Drill Dozer: Jill & Drill Dozer

...****, this list is as fail as Arc's is. It would of been better if I didn't add those last things. =P

UberMario

Smash Master
I laugh when everyone hates Amy Rose and associates her with the newer sonic games, because she's actually been in the series longer than Knuckles. :p

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Mario: Toad (Although I also really love the idea of Bowser Jr, I've wanted Toad forever and I feel like he deserves it more)

Zelda: Midna (I love Midna, and if I had to choose another Zelda rep it would be her. I don't think anyone else really deserves a spot cause there's no real constant characters aside from perhaps Tingle, who I could see being it but I'm just not a huge fan of him. I in no way expect her to join nor am I really rooting for her too hard unless she makes another appearance in the series.)

Donkey Kong: Argh. Probs Dixie Kong. Although I would also K Rool.

Yoshi: None. Really really don't want another character from this series, unless an amazing new game comes out for it and a standout comes to the forefront.

Kirby: None. The trio is complete, no one else should enter into the fray IMO. I think Drawcia would be nifty though and have a cool moveset, but she hasn't made a significant enough impact on the series to really be included.

Star Fox: Krystal (I'm going off some sort of realism. If we were to go off my absolute favourite I would say Peppy but I know he stands literally no chance so I'd be okay with Krystal entering into the battle)

Pokemon: I would like Mewtwo to come back. No idea for new character, wanna play Black/White first before I decide. Possibly Zoroark replacing Lucario?

F-Zero: Samurai Goroh

Mother: None. Never played them so I don't particularly care.

Retro: Lip? I don't know. I think Lip could be kinda nifty. I don't have any standouts and overall don't really care.

Fire Emblem: I am liking this Caeda chick suggestion. She sounds cool, and I think a character from the recent DS remakes is the most likely. Although I feel like that might be an overload of blue hair.

Kid Icarus: Palutena. But I feel like if they do add her, Medusa should also be added to just complete a trio and round off the series, y'know?

Wario: Ashley! My favourite Warioware character, but I would be cool with Mona or Kat and Ana becoming the new addition. I think the series would only get one new rep, and I think these three are the frontrunners.

Pikmin: Holding out on an answer until that mythical Pikmin 3 comes to light. They say they are working on it, and a new character in it might be a worthy addition. For the time being, I don't think either Louie or the Pres would really be good additions as I'm afraid they'll just be clones.

Third Party: Bomberman! He would make an awesome addition to Smash Bros. Although I feel like Megaman may deserve it more as Mario/Sonic/Megaman is a pretty awesome trio.

Animal Crossing: Tom Nook. It had a stage and a symbol, it deserves a rep! I don't like the idea of one of the generic characters as I feel that Tom Nook would better represent the series and also provide a more unique character to work with rather than village boy a.

Golden Sun: Isaac. With the third entry finally coming out soon, it definitely deserves a rep. I think it's Nintendo's only first party RPG (Camelot is owned by Nintendo isn't it?) so it's somewhat of a unique franchise in that way. Plus I just love the games. I'm afraid that Matthew will get the spot, but Isaac is where it started and where it should go back to.

There ya go. I think that's a decent list. There's a lot of cases where I think a franchise doesn't really deserve a new rep, and some where it deserves more than one (Donkey Kong).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Mario: Koopa the Quick
Donkey Kong: Wiz Pig
Wario: Does this not count as part of the Mario series? I don't really know it either way.
Yoshi: ClouDjin
Legend of Zelda: Mirror Link
Pokémon: Eww. Umm, Magikarp?
Kirby: Keeby
F-Zero: Blood Falcon
Fire Emblem: Don't Know it
Earthbound: Don't know it
Star Fox: Leon (from the original Star Wolf team)
Metroid: Don't know it well enough.
Kid Icarus: Don't know it
Pikmin: "The Bug King"
Retro: Not a Clue
WTF: Miis
3rd Party: Lloyd Irving

And for stages:

Mario: the world with the waterboatmen from 64. it would be a single platform covered in water which washes players off toward the edges at a medium speed. it would have lillpad platforms ontop of that and the waterboatman would attack from time to time (can be jumped on).
Donkey Kong: Dino Domain: Hot Top Volcano. it would probably involve standing on planes.
Wario: Does this not count as part of the Mario series? I don't really know it either way.
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island: Tree of Happiness. it would play like Dreamland 64 but with healing fruit dropping rather than the wind.
Legend of Zelda: Not a Clue
Pokémon: Eww. Not a Clue
Kirby: Don't really know it.
F-Zero: Aeropolis: Dragon Slopes. it would be like Big Blue but with rediculous freefalling sections.
Fire Emblem: Don't Know it
Earthbound: Don't know it
Star Fox: On top of andross's supply train (from Lylat Wars)
Metroid: Don't know it well enough.
Kid Icarus: Don't know it
Pikmin: Not a Clue
Retro: Not a Clue
WTF: Mii Resort: Penuin Slide. it would be one main slippery platform with another small one on each side. the middle one would tip based on character weight.
3rd Party: Between Worlds: Tower of Salvation. it would be a big platform with pillars at the edges and small transparent platforms that floated up and down at either side. the pillars could be passed through but could also be hit into, making KOing sideways from the main platform impossible unless you're high up, perhaps on the raised Altar platform in the middle.

Why facepalm Arcadenik? You chose a metroid, Tiny, Panther, Amy friggin Rose and Cooking Mama. :p
Cooking Mama is a great idea! Maybe make her fight like Tales of Legendia's "Mimi the Wonder Baker" (IE, with baguettes and stuff).

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I laugh when everyone hates Amy Rose and associates her with the newer sonic games, because she's actually been in the series longer than Knuckles. :p

Doesn't make her a good choice. Tails, Knuckles and Robotnik are all better and more important characters.

I refuse to waste time explaining why Cooking Mama fails.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I want more villains, so expect a lot of them below.

Mario: Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool
Wario: Waluigi
Yoshi: Kamek
Legend of Zelda: Skull Kid
Pokémon: Mewtwo
Kirby: A group of three helpers that you can switch between, like Knuckle Joe, Burning Leo, and Bonkers.
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Fire Emblem: Black Knight
Earthbound: Porky
Star Fox: Krystal
Kid Icarus: Eggplant Wizard
Pikmin: Louie
Retro: Lil' Mac
WTF: Miis
3rd Party: Mega Man

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Amy Rose, Knuckles, Tails and every other Sonic character is'nt a good choice. Lets remeber this is NINTENDO'S all star. Sonic and Snake are just guests. It's rude to bring uninvited guests..... last time that happened we got Snake >.>

Amy Rose > Eggman any day.

Oh, and just because a character is "retro" doesn't make him good. If I had to drop any character who is a shoe in, I would pick him. G&W is only okay because he DOES fill in the WTF slot.

UberMario

Smash Master
^That, he was requested too late in production, which leads me to believe that was in 2000.

Going back to Mega Man, does anyone else think that the Legends version of him is more likely than his Classic verson? I think the abscence of a helmet makes him look more human, plus Megaman Legends is getting revived after TEN years of being on hold, and the 3DS is the system it is heading toward.

(Presumably MML1&2 will come out for it at some point too, since the second one was only available for the PC or Sony, and some people might recognize Megaman Legends 1 better under the name "Megaman 64")

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Meowth is also an interesting choice, solely because he relies on anime popularity. I don't mind him though. Zant's really obscure in this case, because of Skyward Sword coming out and Midna even being foreshadowed. Ah well.

Bubbles.... (Sakurai: BUBBLEZ CAN'T FIGHT D: ) Meh, as much as I dislike his excuse there, he won't do anything to implement her if he makes the next Smash. *sigh*

As much as I can hope not, Mii's have a much better chance due to being a part of the 3DS. And Banjo-Kazooie... I hate Microsoft. Not in general, but for owning Rare now, and apparently sticking vehicle gameplay into the latest Banjo-Kazooie game, something that the 360 has ENOUGH of. -_-
lol... Most of those choices, like the retro and WTF were throwaways for me. I really couldn't think of a good candidate for some of the series; I would've said something more modern for pokemon (like that Zoroark that I hear so much about), but then I remembered the anime, Pikachu and Jigglypuff's presence, and thats how Meowth got there. Little Mac was gonna be retro, but I decided he should have a sries of his own, that was Bubble's opening. TBH, I had no idea about what Sakurai said about her, and I've never played Clu Clu Land so nvm that choice.

And Lastly, about Zant and B-K, Midna was my first choice followed by the Skullkid, but then I remembered how fun the fight was against him and gave the slot to him. I think Midna had the better chance. Moving on to Banjo and Kazooie, it was a tough decision. Fighters like Megaman and many others were good options, but in the end I chose a favorite.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Eww, that's why not.

And on Megaman, he should get copy abilities like Kirby by KOing other players, like in "The Power Battles" and such. Only his most recent KO would be able to provide an ability though.
I like that idea, its pretty interesting actually. If he dies, the ability should go away though. and I dont know if he should change color. If three magamans are playing and they all kill kirby, how are we to tell the difference?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If he dies, the ability should go away though.
Agreed, I thought that was a given.

and I dont know if he should change color. If three magamans are playing and they all kill kirby, how are we to tell the difference?
That may need some work.

EDIT: Wait what?! all kill Kirby? What would they get from a Kirby who hadn't swallowed anyone? The point is that it would work like Kirby, not by killing him in particular.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
For all the attacks that Megaman could get, let's list all of his weapons throughout the 11 classic games (counting Megaman & Bass). In red are what weapon could be usable to me :

MM1 :

- Rolling Cutter (Cutman)
- Super Arm (Gutsman)
- Ice Slasher (Iceman)
- Hyper Bomb (Bombman)
- Fire Storm (Fireman)
- Thunder Beam (Elecman)

MM2 :

- Broken Metal Blade (Metalman)
- Air Shooter (Airman)
- Bubble Lead (Bubbleman)
- Quick Boomerang (Quickman)
- Crash Bomber (Crashman)
- Time Stopper (Flashman)
- Atomic Fire (Heatman)
- Leaf Shield (Woodman)

MM3 :

- Needle Cannon (Needleman)
- Magnet Missile (Magnetman)
- Gemini Laser (Geminiman)
- Hard Knuckle (Hardman)
- Top Spin (Topman) Neutral Air
- Search Snake (Snakeman)
- Spark Shock (Sparkman)
- Shadow Blade (Shadowman)

MM4 :

- Mega Buster Neutral B
- Flash Stopper (Brightman)
- Rain Flush (Toadman)
- Drill Bomb (Drillman)
- Pharaoh Shot (Pharaohman)
- Ring Boomerang (Ringman)
- Dust Crusher (Dustman)
- Dive Missile (Diveman)
- Skull Barrier (Skullman)

MM5 :

- Gravity Hold (Gravityman)
- Water Wave (Waveman)
- Power Stone (Stoneman)
- Gyro Attack (Gyroman)
- Star Crash (Starman)
- Charge Kick (Chargeman) Smash Down
- Napalm Bomb (Napalmman)
- Crystal Eye (Crystalman)

MM6 :

- Blizzard Attack (Blizzardman)
- Centaur Flash (Centaurman)
- Flame Blast (Flameman)
- Knight Crush (Knightman)
- Plant Barrier (Plantman)
- Silver Tomahawk (Tomahawkman) Side + B
- Wind Storm (Windman)
- Yamato Spear (Yamatoman)

MM7 :

- Freeze Cracker (Freezeman)
- Junk Shield (Junkman)
- Danger Wrap (Burstman)
- Thunder Bolt (Cloudman)
- Wild Coil (Springman)
- Slash Claw (Slashman)
- Noise Crush (Shademan)
- Scorch Wheel (Turboman)

MM8 :

- Tornado Hold (Tenguman) Down + B
- Astro Crush (Astroman) Possible Final Smash
- Flame Sword (Swordman)
- Thunder Claw (Clownman)
- Homing Sniper (Searchman)
- Ice Wave (Frostman)
- Flash Bomb (Grenademan)
- Water Balloon (Aquaman)

MM&Bass :

- Tengu Blade (Tenguman second)
- Copy Vision (Astroman second)
- Lightning Bolt (Dynamoman) Possible Final Smash
- Ice Wall (Coldman)
- Spread Drill (Groundman)
- Remote Mine (Pirateman)
- Wave Burner (Burnerman)
- Magic Card (Magicman)

MM9 :

- Concrete Shot (Concreteman)
- Tornado Blow (Tornadoman) Up + B
- Laser Trident (Splashwoman)
- Plug Ball (Plugman)
- Jewel Satellite (Jewelman)
- Hornet Chaser (Hornetman)
- Magma Bazooka (Magmaman)
- Black Hole Bomb (Galaxyman)

MM10 :

- Triple Blade (Blademan)
- Water Shield (Pumpman)
- Commando Bomb (Commandoman)
- Chill Spike (Chillman)
- Thunder Wool (Sheepman)
- Rebound Striker (Strikeman)
- Wheel Cutter (Nitroman)
- Solar Blaze (Solarman)
- Mirror Buster (Enker)
- Screw Crusher (Punk)
- Ballade Cracker (Ballade)

Long list is long, I know :laugh:

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
For all the attacks that Megaman could get, let's list all of his weapons throughout the 11 classic games (counting Megaman & Bass). In red are what weapon could be usable to me :
Teh List Buizzness

Long list is long, I know :laugh:
Long list is very, very, long, me thinks. :bee:

I think that, if possible for colour changing, it should do what happens in Brawl when people choose the same character and same colour. First person with the ability is the regular colour, 2nd person is a lighter shade, and 3rd is a darker shade.

Might be hard to implement for all the variations, unless there's only a few gainable abilities that are possible between a few fighters.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Agreed, I thought that was a given.

That may need some work.

EDIT: Wait what?! all kill Kirby? What would they get from a Kirby who hadn't swallowed anyone? The point is that it would work like Kirby, not by killing him in particular.
Kirby... that is hard.. I'm guessing one of his moves like some sort of hammer/sword maybe that flame ball thing he does?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
What's wrong with Megaman taking Kirby's "inhale" move? He KOs Kirby, gets the power to inhale, and then his buster becomes a vaccuum cannon. With that, he can copy fighters the way that Kirby does*, but have all the limitations as well.

Or, Megaman can just take Kirby's inhale move without the copy "bonus", and use it in ways that Kirby can't; like a reversed version that forces players back at a distance. Think of it as SSBB-Mario's/ Squirtle's water gun move when it comes to pushing the opponent back, but lasts as long as Kirby's/DeDeDe's inhale because THAT's the move Megaman copied. It lasts until somebody attacks you, or you simply let go of the button.

I think 1 of those 2 options should only apply to Kirby if Megaman takes one who doesn't have a copied power at the time of death. Now that I've typed that, I just thought of something: since Megaman takes a character's power once they're defeated, and Kirby loses his copied ability when he dies, doesn't that mean that Megaman would NEVER get the power that Kirby copied? Wouldn't Megaman always end up with the standard Kirby ability?

And lastly (this applies to both possibilities) since Megaman could switch to the powers that he had taken from opponents, should that apply to Smash? Megaman kills Kirby, gets the power and then kills Pikachu. He can cycle between them and has the abilities until he gets KO'd. Should that apply or not?

*Not...EXACTLY. I'll explain later.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What's wrong with Megaman taking Kirby's "inhale" move? He KOs Kirby, gets the power to inhale, and then his buster becomes a vaccuum cannon. With that, he can copy fighters the way that Kirby does*, but have all the limitations as well.
I just thought of that too, vacuum cannon seems the way to go. As you say later, it should not copy or actually inhale them, just draw them in for another of Megaman's attacks. I'm not keen on the reverse vacuum idea though.

I just thought of something: since Megaman takes a character's power once they're defeated, and Kirby loses his copied ability when he dies, doesn't that mean that Megaman would NEVER get the power that Kirby copied? Wouldn't Megaman always end up with the standard Kirby ability?
Kirby has the ability at the point of death, which would be enough for Megaman to get it but I'm not sure if he should or not.

And lastly (this applies to both possibilities) since Megaman could switch to the powers that he had taken from opponents, should that apply to Smash? Megaman kills Kirby, gets the power and then kills Pikachu. He can cycle between them and has the abilities until he gets KO'd. Should that apply or not?
I'm leaning towards "No" but if he does get switching ability it should include his basic nowhere B buster cannon and be done via a quick taunt (quicker than Kirby's).

I've also thought of how the copy ability would show itself: Megaman would stay the same but his arm cannon would change colour (eg. Pink for Vacuum, Dark Red for Falcon Punch, Dark Green for Warlock Punch or Purple for Metaknight's Hurricane).

EDIT: @Flame: What happened to the "Cutterangs"? Good to see "Junk Shield" is still in there though, those two were my favourites.

UberMario

Smash Master
That's a pretty interesting moveset for Meowth! I assume that the creator meant to make "Faint Attack" the FINAL Smash.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
That's a pretty interesting moveset for Meowth! I assume that the creator meant to make "Faint Attack" the FINAL Smash.
Yeah, thats what he meant. And you're right, that is a pretty intresting moveset. A mixture of Mario, Shiek, Bowser and Fox all in one.

Kiru

Smash Cadet
I would really like atleast one of Namco's Tales of Symphonia Characters. I counter the "not popular" argument with ROB, Olimar, Ice Climbers, Marth, Game and Watch, etc.

Two modes for stages. For example...

Delfino Plaza Mode 1:
The floating stage moves around the city, with occasional stops for fighting in the city.

Delfino Plaza Mode 2:
The floating stage moves around the city but will not land. The Air Platforms will move around the stage every once and a while.

It is basically dimming down a stage for people who do not want chaos. The second mode could also remove some hazards like in spear pillar. The pokemon would spawn but it would just move around on the platform and break parts of the stage.

Online needs a BIG upgrade.
Picking Rulesets
Picking number of players you want to fight
Register people you played with
Messaging system (No more comment chat pl0x)
Database for replays/stages/snapshots online

The offline play is pretty good, but here are a few things I would enjoy.
A "Final Smash Meter".

Hitting with an attack would bring it up a little bit,
Spot/air dodging attacks would bring it up a bit more,
KOing at a low damage brings it up even more,
And smash balls bring it up 2/3rds of the way.

Replays should also be able to be made a video when put on SD cards. This makes it infinity easier for people to share matches online.

The battle system could take a bit of a turn...

Hitstun on attacks
Added hitstun if hit while performing a move
C-C-COMBO COUNTERR

Two modes. Casual and Competitive. Each mode is customizable to the core.

Casual Mode:
Characters fall slower, attacks are slower, items are on, no default stock time limit. Combos are easier to make as the combo timer (How long the game will wait for another attack to connect before the game ends the combo) is longer, and crouching for a period of time restores damage. Final Smashes are triggered by a smash ball ONLY.

Competitive Mode:
Characters fall faster, the edge is harder to grab, Items off, Time limit default is atleast 6 mins for stock matches, Combos are harder due to fast falling and lower combo timer. Hitstun is increased however. You cannot take away damage via crouching, and final smashes are charged with a meter that goes up when you combo, dodge, gimp, etc.

And add bonsly as a character.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Casual and competitive mode? I don't think Nintendo will use unofficial lingo. And I don't think SSB4 won't get bashed as much as Brawl is now.
I can imagine the posts:
"[insert ssb4 subtitle here] sucks, try Brawl"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would really like atleast one of Namco's Tales of Symphonia Characters. I counter the "not popular" argument with ROB, Olimar, Ice Climbers, Marth, Game and Watch, etc.
I would really love Lloyd. Don't know how likely it is though. Thankfully, Lloyd's a fan favorite (as least among Nintendo fans).
Two modes for stages. For example...

Delfino Plaza Mode 1:
The floating stage moves around the city, with occasional stops for fighting in the city.

Delfino Plaza Mode 2:
The floating stage moves around the city but will not land. The Air Platforms will move around the stage every once and a while.

It is basically dimming down a stage for people who do not want chaos. The second mode could also remove some hazards like in spear pillar. The pokemon would spawn but it would just move around on the platform and break parts of the stage.
Making the stages not gimmicky and more organic to the levels would likely appeal to everyone. The semi/fully serious players have a viable stage option, and then not so serious will enjoy that they're practically playing in parts of different games (as I've mentioned my love for 64's designs). We don't need hazard switches, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

Online needs a BIG upgrade.
Picking Rulesets
Picking number of players you want to fight
Register people you played with
Messaging system (No more comment chat pl0x)
Database for replays/stages/snapshots online
Basically ripping off of SSF4's online would make Smash's online so much better. Coincidentally, you listed just about everything they have in Super.

The offline play is pretty good, but here are a few things I would enjoy.
A "Final Smash Meter".

Hitting with an attack would bring it up a little bit,
Spot/air dodging attacks would bring it up a bit more,
KOing at a low damage brings it up even more,
And smash balls bring it up 2/3rds of the way.
You really can't just have where hitting will raise the meter. You run into the slippery slope problem. The player getting his *** kicked as no way to pull off a comeback. In general, creating some kind of rate for technical moves (ie air dodging, countering, etc.), dealing, and receiving damage could do a lot.
Replays should also be able to be made a video when put on SD cards. This makes it infinity easier for people to share matches online.
That would be nice. What would be even better if you, say, had the option to upload your matches to Youtube.

Two modes. Casual and Competitive. Each mode is customizable to the core.

Casual Mode:
Characters fall slower, attacks are slower, items are on, no default stock time limit. Combos are easier to make as the combo timer (How long the game will wait for another attack to connect before the game ends the combo) is longer, and crouching for a period of time restores damage. Final Smashes are triggered by a smash ball ONLY.

Competitive Mode:
Characters fall faster, the edge is harder to grab, Items off, Time limit default is atleast 6 mins for stock matches, Combos are harder due to fast falling and lower combo timer. Hitstun is increased however. You cannot take away damage via crouching, and final smashes are charged with a meter that goes up when you combo, dodge, gimp, etc.
In my opinion, this should be avoided as you will be splitting up the player base even more than it has been by Melee and Brawl. In my opinion, the competitive settings you have are fine as the default. We were fine with Melee after all.

UberMario

Smash Master
I thought of how each stage could have a "competitive [safe] mode" a while back too. This is what I came up with (for all the stages):

Super Smash Bros:

-Peach's Castle: The barriers, bumper, and moving platform are gone.
-Mushroom Kingdom: The POW Blocks are gone, and the screen is zoomed in so that the KO zone is where the solid platform [on the left] and the lower pipe [on the right] are, so those can't be abused. (There's nothing else you can really do with this stage)
-Dreamland: Whispy Woods won't blow air.
-Sector Z: Arwings don't appear on-stage
-Planet Zebes: The magma won't rise, it will always be below the lower KO zone.
-Yoshi's Island: The clouds are completely gone.
-Hyrule Temple: The platforms on the tower are absent, as are the tornados and the "green tent".
-Congo Jungle: It's pretty balanced . . . but I guess the DK Barrel could go.
-Saffron City: Pokémon don't appear

Super Smash Bros Melee:
-Final Destination: No changes
-Battlefield: No changes

-Princess Peach's Castle: Banzai Bills don't appear, nor do the switches.
-Rainbow Cruise: The stage doesn't scroll, and is always focused on the ship.
-Mushroom Kingdom: The screen is zoomed in, with the KO zones being where the abysses usually are. Blocks only start reforming if less than 25% of them remain, in which case they will all start to reappear.
-Mushroom Kingdom II: Birdo, Pidgit, and the logs never appear.

-Great Bay: If water behaves like it does in Brawl, nothing needs to be changed because circle-camping will result in most characters hitting the water and being really vulnerable. The turtle and Tingle become absent.
-Hyrule Temple: The screen is focused on the upper temple, with anything below, anything to the right of it's ledge, or to the left of it (INCLUDING the platform(s) you can fall through) being completely gone, resulting in a Smashville-esque stage.

-Yoshi's Story: Remove "Randall the Cloud" and the Shy Guys.
-Yoshi's Island: The right slope ends abruptly with a vertical pipe.

-Green Greens: Whispy won't blow, and neither the apples nor the blocks will appear.
-Fountain of Dreams: No changes

-Kongo Jungle: The rock is gone (or rather destroyed by a boulder during the countdown sequence), the logs and Klap Trap never appear, and the DK Barrel is absent.
-Jungle Japes: The Klap Trap is gone, and the current is less turbulent.

-Pokémon Stadium: No transformations occur.
-Poké Floats: The entire match occurs on Squirtle.

-Corneria: Lasers are never fired, and the arwings never appear on-stage.
-Venom: The bottom wings can be passed through in either direction, the cave walls never come into play, and attacks can not pass through the dorsal fin.

-Brinstar: The magma won't rise.
-Brinstar Depths: Kraid won't move the stage, but it will start at a random offset and the KO zone is a third-of-the-way down.

-Mute City: The cars and stage movement are synchronized, resulting in the cars never passing the players while they are actually on the track.
-Big Blue: The platforms and ball thing are gone, while the Falcon Flyer only appears at the start of the match, having a higher altitude than in the "default" version.

-Onett: Cars don't appear, and the screen is zoomed in, resulting in the KO zones being where the houses usually are. The awnings don't fall either.
-Fourside: All gameplay occurs on the center skycraper, with the KO zones being where the two "abysses" usually are. The UFOs do not appear.

-Flat Zone: The platforms don't randomly appear or disappear, and there is no "tool rain". However, if a character stays off the LCD screen too long, the Game & Watch character in the background will walk toward them and "spill" their tools in the walkoff camper's direction, resulting in a OHKO if they don't get back on screen. (The pieces scatter in such a way that just jumping won't save them)

-Icicle Mountain: The stage moves very slowly in comparison with it' "default" mechanics.

Brawl:

-Final Destination: No changes
-Battlefield: No changes

-Smashville: Balloons are absent

-Delfino Plaza: The stage is "fixed" in it's aerial mode. However, the platforms will change configuration EXACTLY every minute, to account for the different flying forms found in the "default" version.
-Luigi's Mansion: The second floor can be passed through, the stage can not be destroyed.
-Mario Circuit: The Shy Guys are absent, leaving a strangely barren road. The camera focuses in more than usual, resulting in the KO zones being about 20% further in.
-Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1: Moves slower than pudding (but starts at a "random" location, at the true startng point, halfway, and just before the staircase). Blocks are also easily destroyed, allowing players to tech off of them, but they will fly right through them if they don't tech.
-Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2: Very slow movement and "random" starting locations. The blocks behave as described above.
-Mario Bros: All fighting takes place on the top floor, anything below is a KO zone. The enemies do not appear at all.

-Rumble Falls: Moves really slowly, spikes are nerfed to the power of jab, and switches are absent.
-75m: All fighting takes place on the upper platforms. Anything to the right or below is absent.

-Yoshi's Island: The Support Ghost never appears, nor do the Shy Guys. The platform can still tilt though.

-Bridge of Eldin: The foes do not appear, and the fighting zone is about half the size.
-Pirate Ship: Random elements do not take place, everything else is the same. (Except Rudder Camping is fixed of course)

-Norfair: Random events do not occur.
-Frigate Orpheon: The platforms that occasionally flow in-or-out are absent, and the vertically-moving platform is grabbable.

-Lylat Cruise: The stage does not tilt.

-Halberd: Random events do not occur, and the stage is ALWAYS in it's aerial mode, including at the start.

-Distant Planet: The pods do not spawn and the Bulborb does not appear. Rain still occurs however.

-New Pork City: The fight is focused on the "sideways L" platform in the upper-center of the field, and the Chimera never appears.

-Summit: The fight stays on the mountain, the icicles have low knockback (but still enough to prevent the Cave-of-Life effect). The ledges are still ungrabbable, HOWEVER. Clouds similar to the original Yoshi's Island stage occur about 6 feet below the ledges.

-Port Town: Cars are nerfed, and since most people can't apparently recognize when they come (even though it's easy), an alert sign appears when they are approaching. The only difference in the stage design itelf is that when the platform flies over the stage, the characters can still bounce off the staircase and the vertical stretch of track.

-Pokémon Stadium 2: The stage is fixed on it's default configuration.
-Spear Pillar: The legendaries don't attack, and the upper level of the stage is destroyed in the center, similar to what Dialga and Palkia occasionally do in the "default" mode.

-Hanenbow: All fighting takes place on the right "tree".

-PictoChat: The stage never changes modes.

-Flat Zone 2: It always stays in it's default mode, but it has the same "anti-walkoff camper security" the first one has.

-WarioWare: The stage never goes into any of it's mini-game modes.

-Skyworld: The upper-center platform is not solid, but the other platforms always are. The moving platform is absent.

-Green Hill Zone: The stage can not crumble, and the checkpoints do not spawn.

-Shadow Moses Island: The pillars are absent.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would really love Lloyd. Don't know how likely it is though. Thankfully, Lloyd's a fan favorite (as least among Nintendo fans).
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Lloyd was in Smash I'd buy it on the day of release rather than years later like normal. Other Tales characters would be nice but Lloyd is the only one who'd actaully make me go out and buy the game like that. He's also the only one who could really be said to be a nintendo character by any strech of definition. If Lloyd were to be in Smash though it should have been in Brawl back when KoR and SCL were also using him. These days, Luke seems more likely, what with the 3DS port of Abyss coming out next year and, as they say in game, he's little more than a spoilt brat. I would, however, like to see Mieu make it in.

Making the stages not gimmicky and more organic to the levels would likely appeal to everyone. The semi/fully serious players have a viable stage option, and then not so serious will enjoy that they're practically playing in parts of different games (as I've mentioned my love for 64's designs).
I like gimmicky :(. I do love the N64 stages though and that is what Smash is, a fighting game based around retro nintendo stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom