• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilex

Smash Ace
You have earned my wrath. Prepare to be attacked by an unnecessarily long comment that I wrote for a different thread (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4943902#post4943902 comment number 3039) that I definitely do not want to type again. This shall prove that she can most certainly fight, despite that she never gets the chance due to the plot.

"I know a good deal about the Princess, so I'll take this. In Super Princess Peach, she had a set of powers derived from the vibrational energy of Vibe Island. She could wrap herself in enemy-damaging flames, use water to move at super-speed (Sorry Sonic. You aren't alone.) through the process of hydroplaning, self-heal through concentration; and lastly, her most "broken" ability: infinite flight by enveloping herself in a small tornado.

Then, there are her super-powerful abilities courtesy of Perry (which I consider against the "rules" to this thread, and thusly, are banned). But because these (the vibrational) powers were implied to be situational due to the location, I suppose they are disqualified here.
Now on to her floating powers. She is somehow light enough to defy gravity by using her dress or parasol to catch air and float (which, technically, could last forever until she either decides to come down or runs out of air. But they have to put a time limit on it, or else it would be SO broken.).

Now to the Paper Mario series. In the original Paper Mario, she was only playable during brief End of Chapter levels. In one of these, she obtained an item called a Sneaky Parasol, which could transform the holder in to anyone, provided they were within range of the purple-colored smoke it emitted. She was also shown, during a mini-boss fight with Kammy Koopa (during the final boss fight), to be able to increase someone else's powers by focusing on them, demonstrated by increasing the attack and defense power of the Star Kid, Twink, every turn. Kammy assumes that this is because Star Kids (and Star Spirits) gain their powers from wishes; however, this cannot be true for several reasons also shown in-game: 1) To get a wish granted, a Star Kid must deliver the wish to the Star Spirits in Star Haven, who will then either approve of it, or reject it depending on the intentions. This could not happen because the Star Spirits were helping Mario fight against a Star Rod-fueled Bowser, who would otherwise be invincible. 2) If the Star Spirits approve the wish, they then use the Star Rod's wish-granting powers to make it come true. However, before the beginning of the game (in the opening cutscene before the Title Screen) Bowser stole the Star Rod and was using it to grant all of his wishes only. Thusly, any wish Peach would have made would be null and void. This method of powering up others also explains some things I'll get into later.

Anyways, also in Paper Mario, she again focuses and upgrades the Star Beam (the ultimate move used by all seven Star Spirits together to reject the Star Rod's power, should anything ever go wrong) into the Peach Beam, making it powerful enough to be successful this time (The Star Beam had been weakened by a cursed arena Kammy Koopa built to give Bowser the upper hand.).

Also, in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (as well as Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) she is shown to be pure-hearted enough to undo several curses that were at least a millennium old.

In Super Paper Mario, she is shown to be able to use her trademark parasol as an unbreakable shield (the exact extent to which is unclear, but in-game it can reject flames, blade-edges, a swarm of stampeding Muths [the counterpart to a Wooly Mammoth], extreme temperatures, freezing breath, status-inducing gas clouds, an avalanche of stone, magic, lasers, missiles, curses, lightning, et cetera.), and she comes equipped with her standard long-distance floating abilities. Now for her main fighting powers...

What most people don't know about the Princess is that she was one of the main party members of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and she was one of the most important party members in the game for her special abilities. She was an expert at healing, with three special moves for that effect. One did near-perfect healing on one member, one did great healing for all party members, and another brought a party member back from running out of health. But she also had three other special powers. She could put either one or all enemies to sleep, and her most powerful attack, Psych Bomb, involved her concentrating, and then everything on the enemy's field would be engulfed in an explosion for amazing damage.

And her last power is her most useful power: Mute. Mute is a move that revokes an enemy's usage of special abilities. That is why I think Peach is up for higher tier than everyone thinks. Lucas or Ness without PSI powers makes for two normal children. Sonic without speed leaves a regular hedgehog (except for the whole "I'm blue and I can talk!" thing). The list could be longer, but the move still needs to be debated for some basic ground rules as to what it can work on. Anyways...

The last thing I have to say about Peach is that she has one other vague power. No, it isn't her affinity for giving everything a heart or flower theme (mainly [or only] in the sports spin-offs, as well as the Mario Party games), it is her odd ability with Item Power-Ups. I cannot remember what game, but in one of the final boss battles with Bowser, when he is flying around in the Koopa Clown Car with Peach in tow, she throws Mario a Mushroom on occasion, despite having no logical place to get them from. This also happened in the semi-final boss battle against Elder Princess Shroob in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, where on a small floating platform hiding behind a throne, she is able to throw the heroes a healing Mushroom every few turns, also with no logical place to get them from. In Super Mario Galaxy, she sends Mario (or Luigi) five 1-UP Mushrooms every now and then, still with no logical place to get them from (or, for that matter, no logical place to send them in the mail to Mario). So, how then?
It is possible that she is then creating the items instead of the low chance of finding them, as it has been shown that Toadsworth and some others can create ? Blocks with items inside (Toadsworth uses his cane) by some method, possibly magic. It is possible then, that the Princess could also be using this magic to make the items she sends/gives to Mario, and could also then make an infinite supply of 1-UP Mushrooms for herself, and theoretically, never (permanently) die. However, it seems that this Mushroom-making process takes some time, as it takes a couple of minutes to make them.

Anyways, that is all I can think for the Princess. So, any thoughts?"

Now you should see that she is incredibly powerful, but the creators of Smash chose not to let her be. If characters were capable of the powers that they actually have, the princess would be much more powerful. Any response?
Your argument overlooks one crucial point: Women can't fight

ZSSonDelfino

Smash Cadet
There should deff be more pokemon and sonic characters and megaman of course. I'd like to see Darkrai and Blaze to be specific. There should be more multi-people characters like the 3 legendary pokemon (Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie) in an Ice Climbers fashion. Stage builder needs an upgrade and maybe even a character creator?......just a thought. I'd like Mewtwo back and some brawl characters out (Pokemon Trainer really). It would be cool to get more characters from non-nintendo franchises too (like Snake) I's love to see Donte from Devil May Cry inspecific. In totally, prolly b/w 60-70 unique characters to choose from. Also (and this is important to me personally) every character should be the same skill-wise (so as to get rid of tiers). That would make competetive play so much more fun, and then we wouldn't see so many Snakes and Meta Knights

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Knuckles Sonic and Shadow would probably be the most popular representatives for Smash 4... Well I don't care too much about shadow I just want Knuckles as most of you can easily tell :]

But hmmm what could be his final smash??? Is there a super knuckles? But that doesn't seem original, and we don't want another fox/falco/wolf thing going with the final smashes.....

And hmm I'm gonna think of a Shadow moveset nxt, even thouh Idon't know too much about him

Raging-Banebou

Smash Cadet
I'd want the P Balloon as an item. When grabbed it inflates your character, reduces damage and enables you to float Super Sonic-like, except it's slower and temporary. (Around 30 secs)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wall Of Text

Wow, this thread exploded over the past twenty four hours. I'd first like to say two things:

1. STOP POSTING MOVESETS HERE. Do that in the Make Your Own Moveset thread, and if you can't/don't want to for whatever reason, and must post them here, just keep it down to the specials and a general description of what the character'd feel like to play as.

2. SPELL THE WORDS YOU TYPE, PLEASE. Jesus, I must've skipped over half of the posts on the past four pages due to the absolutely terrible grammar and spelling on display there. Seriously people...it really, really helps your ideas get recognition if you follow the basic rules of written English when posting them.

Now then, to the quotes!

BlueBarrage said:
i'm sure someone else and by someone i mean everyone has had there imput as to what some new characters should or could maybe be in SSB4 as well as which ones we should keep and throw from the old SSBs

-honestly i dont think peach ever belonged... of coarse she does have her strong points but so does everyone else, its not that she's a girl that bothers me its that she's not a fighter, she's the worthless ho u have to save in every mario game.
And Captain Falcon's just a guy who drives a hovercraft. And R.O.B.'s just a tiny, plastic accessory for two stupid games.

Peach is awesome.

-i hate jiggly puff with a passion i dont know anyone that plays as her/him/it...sonic & yoshi's roll attacks are enough, her over B is useless, when it puts ppl to sleep they wake up almost before she's done singing, kirby can already fly around like it, and her up B is jsut a combination of luigi's up B and the lip stick...all and all- she's useless
Three words: WALL OF PAIN.

-the only other character thats in brawl that really bothers me is wario, his final smash is gayer than aids and i dont expect people to agree with me but i hate the new "warioware " version of wario, the farting, the motercycle...i just dont like it
Farting's not exclusive to the Warioware games. Anyway, I personally think that the Warioware Wario is the better of the two, just because those games are way more fun than the old Wario Land games.

Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, DK, Diddy, "Classic Wario", Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganon w/sword, Toon Link, Toon Ganon, Midna & Wolf Link, Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, Samus, Ridley, Dark Samus, Pit, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Crystal, A Zora, the goron leader from ocarina of time(i cant remember his name), captain falcon, pikachu, pokemon trainer, lucario, marth, ike, ness, lucas, snake, sonic, knuckles, shadow, chaos, bomberman, geno, mallow, bowser jr. from super mario sunshine, R.O.B., Miciah or howerver u spell it from the newest fire emblem, knuckle joe...aaaaand that is all i can think of right now. but if you guys can think of some other ones that'd be cool.
You lost me at "Toon Ganon".

NOTE: this whole post is an excellent example of what not to do if you want other people to listen to you and actually take you seriously. Basically, use at least acceptable grammar, and don't be a douchebag about stuff.

Raging-Banebou said:
One question about Yoshi...how can you grab somebody with small arms?
I know this has nothing to do with the discussion, but I can't help but think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Z0CpPW2Fc&feature=related when I hear about small arms.

Ilex said:
How is Falco not a clone? Look at his specials and the only one that is slightly different is his Reflector.
Yeah, he's not a clone. Neither is Wolf, Toon Link, Ganondorf (though he really should get a new moveset), Lucario, Lucas, or Luigi.

Maybe those characters could use just a smidge more diversification, but they're certainly not clones. I really think that term should be restricted to discussion of Melee characters.

BEES said:
No more smash balls. Instead, when your opponent reaches their last stock, you get the ability to Final Smash them. When you grab them, a final smash aura appears around your character, and you smash with the A button (as if you were doing a charged smash), you activate it. Your Final Smash is character specific, and takes off one stock of the person you grabbed.

The caveat is that this would make shield-grabbing even more powerful. So to balance this, it's time to add another move to the game: grab-counter.

When your opponent grabs you, if you anticipate it, you can press grab at the precise time and turn it around on them by automatically smashing away their grab. This adds a rock-paper-scissor dynamic to approaching from the air, shieldgrabbing your opponent's aerials can be punished if they anticipate it.

You cannot grab-counter if you were in histun though. So if someone starts with an attack first, and then combos into a grab, your hitstun prevents you from escaping. This keeps grabs relevant if they are used properly.
Congratulations! You've just broken Smash Bros.

This would only serve to make the last stock irreleant. The first person to reach it would lose, 99% of the time. What about characters with sh*tty grabs? Won't this make every player's actions once their opponent reaches 1 stock super-predictable? Doesn't the mechanic of "grab-countering" completely screw with the already-established (and basically perfect, outside of the occasional chain-grabbing fluke) system? WHAT IF YOU'RE NOT PLAYING STOCK!?

...Yeah, no.

The system for Final Smashes is fine like it is. It's f*cking Smash Bros., people, not Guilty Gear. It's meant to be random and haphazard, not structured and completely skill-based.

Twilight Link said:
give us more sonic characters
Boooooooooo.

Drastic change: Transformations for most characters
No. If they were going to create essentially an "opposite" version of every character, they might as well just clone everybody and let us play with 100 characters on the character select screen.

Which they won't do. That's a stupid amount of work just to give every character a tweaked moveset.

WindGuru said:
Heck, we need some kind of index here. How many of us are gonna go rooting around page 67 for some moveset or idea?

That being said, Sylux would be cool in Smash 4. Every other possible Metroid character is either too big, too dead, or too high to matter much.
Well, none of this is really serious or anything. We've got a good four or five years before SSB4 comes out, or is even mentioned officially, for that matter.

Really, this might as well be called "Official Smash Bros. Wishlist", or something similar. Just throw up your ideas, and if it's good, it'll get quoted. If it's not, well, it might still be quoted, but you probably won't like the actual response.

If it's a character you're theorizing about, and it's ignored, just assume that the idea has pretty much already been beaten to death.

One final note: I like the "too dead" part about other Metroid characters, but...I'm not sure you see the double entendre waiting to pounce in "too high". :laugh:

Roger Racebannon said:
WiiSpeak capable Wifi
Apparently this won't be happening. According to Nintendo, they're not "against" voice-chat, and the only reason Brawl doesn't support it is because...well, I'll just let them speak for themselves:

Game Life said:
On the subject of voice chat in general and his company's longtime opposition to the feature, Eguchi said: "We really don't consider ourselves 'anti-voice-chat.' Once of the things we've said for years now is that we've wanted to provide a safe environment that people didn't feel nervous about going into. With games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros., because you can play against anybody, rivals or whoever's out there, and they're games where tempers can be frayed and people might use language that's not appropriate for everyone to hear, we didn't feel that those titles were appropriate to have a voice-chat feature."

"However, with Animal Crossing, you're going to be chatting with your friends. There's no Animal Crossing "rivals" or any sort of open gameplay like that. So we figured that as long as people have registered each other as their friends and they're comfortable with that, then we're fine giving them the ability to chat with each other."
Note: Katsuya Eguchi is the guy behind Animal Crossing, and now the head of R&D 2, which is the team that's made the Wii such a money-printing success, with stuff like Wii Sports/Play/Music, and so on. The article this is from can be found here: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/how-nintendos-w.html#more

And there's also a good piece on Eguchi and the whole "casual" debate here: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/nintendos-desir.html#more

Ilex said:
Your argument overlooks one crucial point: Women can't fight
Oh, burn.

Razmakazi said:
Conker, Crash Bandicoot, Megaman (as every1 has said) and Dante/Sly Cooper for a 3rd party.
Hey, you're dumb.

1. Potential characters must have originated from a videogame.

2. Potential characters must have appeared on a Nintendo system.

This should be common knowledge by now, people.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Scratch that about Shadow.
I'm going to create a moveset for none other than...
MEWTWO
~moveset~

BV--Future Sight
--This move sorta acts like Snake's down special, in that it is activatd by once again pressing B and down in combination. However, when Mewtwo uses this move the first time, it is set. Within the next fifteen seconds or so, randomly, a pillar of blue-purplish light will zoom at the target nearest Mewtwo when he activated the move. The light zooms FROM Mewtwo to above his opponent, and sorta resembles Lucario'sforce palm, but vertical instead of horizontal. This move can be used for spiking, but is, of course, unpredictable. However the unpradictability can catch your opponent of guard and will potentially protect Mewtwo from being comboed/juggled/chaingrabbed for too long. Future Sight moves at a decent speed, swiftly attacking. Mewtwo, unlike Snake, does NOT have the ability to activate this attack at will. Future Sight does 15% damage, and the blast sends opponents upward and outward from it. This has the potential to K.O. at high damage (around high 90's lower 100's).

B>--Psychic
--This move acts similar to Din's Fire, Zelda's side special. Mewtwo controls a purple aura similar-ish to that of Tabuu's 'box' he grabs you with. Once you move the aura over a target, release B to capture then in it. Mewtwo can then freely move the hapless victim in any way he wants. This acts like a ranged grab. If you press B, the victim will flinch, and take 3% damage every time you do so. You then move the control stick to control where you want the victim to go. You can slam them into walls or other opponents for heavy damage (around 18 if you slam then hard enough). Mewtwo can only control then for a short time though, so K.O.'ing with this technique isn't handed to you. Psychic does 3%-22 % damage, 3% only if you attack them once with B and then allow them to struggle free.
Note: If Mewtwo is attacked during this, the psychic blast acts like lucas's/ness' PK thunder, and will continue to travel a short distants on it's own before popping. Like a regular grab, opponents can squirm free of MEwtwo's mental grasp.

B^--Teleport
--As in melee, Mewtwo quickly teleports to safety. However this time around he has less lag when recovering from it, and now for the twist. If you arebasically within 'resting' distance with Jigglypuff, when Mewtwo uses Teleport--He takes you with him....! Everything appears parallel to him just as they were before he teleported, but Mewtwo is able to ATTACK coming out of a teleport. Therefore he leaves his oppnent potentially vulnerable. Mewtwo's attack, like Meta knight's, is a special one reserved for this move, but covers his whole body, back and front, instead of just meta's front. The attack does 19-24 % damage.

Neutral B--Light Screen
--Is basically the same as Fox's reflecter, but extends in front of Mewtwo-You are able to move it around if you hold B. This move protects from all attacks Fox shields him from, as well as standard weak attacks, like Pit's shield. The only problem is that Light Screen can be broken with a charged smash attack and then a half-charged one (based of Mario's stregth), and diminishes naturally over time. Mewtwo also has a small ammount of lag when surrendering this move, but over all it fairs decently against fighters like ROB who depend on projectiles. Mewtwo's Light Screen also kills thrown Pikmin, so Mewtwo basically owns Olimar with this move (his smsh's are thrown pikmin as well :/). Light Screen does 0%, but inflicts slightly more damage on opponent than the initial projectile.

edit: I'll do the others tomorrow I'm too tired to continue on right now :/ But opinions anyone??

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Peach is awesome.
Quoted for truth...just sheer truth...

On Topic: I'm really looking foward to seeing what new series come out before the next Smash game, hopefully we'll have a new series or two to represent with new characters like with Olimar being in Brawl.

And...we could use a bit more variety in the Fire Emblem characters, maybe someone who doesn't use a sword? There's a whole ton of classes in Fire Emblem for them to choose from...

And I don't think they should remove anyone from Brawl...obviously tweek characters like Falco, Wolf and Toon Link so they're more unique (aka different Final Smashes).

Ilex

Smash Ace
Chief Mendez said:
Yeah, he's not a clone. Neither is Wolf, Toon Link, Ganondorf (though he really should get a new moveset), Lucario, Lucas, or Luigi.

Maybe those characters could use just a smidge more diversification, but they're certainly not clones. I really think that term should be restricted to discussion of Melee characters.
A smidge more? ALL of those characters you listed except for Luigi, Lucario and Wolf are clones. If they don't have their own unique specials, they are clones. Lucas' PK Thunder doing multiple hits instead of one big one or TL's Boomering damaging them on the way back don't count as unique, they are still the same move with minor adjustments. If they don't have their own Final Smash on top of that, they are clones even more. Falco's other moves aren't even that different from Fox, he's still a fast attacker that falls quickly just like Fox. Clones through and through.

Btw you don't own this thread or w/e and we can post movesets for SSB4 in the SSB4 thread as much as we like.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
A smidge more? ALL of those characters you listed except for Luigi, Lucario and Wolf are clones. If they don't have their own unique specials, they are clones. Lucas' PK Thunder doing multiple hits instead of one big one or TL's Boomering damaging them on the way back don't count as unique, they are still the same move with minor adjustments. If they don't have their own Final Smash on top of that, they are clones even more. Falco's other moves aren't even that different from Fox, he's still a fast attacker that falls quickly just like Fox. Clones through and through.
Yeah but they play differently. You don't spam Wolf's side+B, Falco's reflector is way more situational than the others, and Fox's blaster sucks. But wait, that's not allthat differentiates the space animals: there's also the little-known fact that more than three-quarters of their movesets are totally unique.

I really don't mind if people call them clones, but really...this isn't a big (or even noticeable) issue like it was in Melee--those clones were actually "clones".

Btw you don't own this thread or w/e and we can post movesets for SSB4 in the SSB4 thread as much as we like.
Yeah, I know, but it's really, really annoying sometimes to have to scroll through these stupidly loooooooooooong posts that, frankly, I don't really ca--oh, wait.

Nevermind.

CERIOUSLY THOUGH, it's annoying. I obviously can't do anything about it besides ask nicely (please?), but I mean, there are threads made specifically for that purpose.

S'all I'm saying, man.

MarthTrinity said:
hopefully we'll have a new series or two to represent with new characters
CAPTAIN RAINBOW

There's a whole ton of classes in Fire Emblem for them to choose from...
Sure, but the thing is, there aren't that many Lords. Because that's who'll we be playing as: Lords.

Marth's a sure bet, as is Ike. For such a hardcore (read: not that popular) series, one more character is probably a good estimate. Personally, I think that extra slot will be taken by a main character from FE12. Not any of the GBA games (unless Roy comes back, which I doubt), certainly.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME said:
opinions anyone??
Oh yeah.

Overall I like it, though clerical modifications seem necessary, I think.

Future Sight: This just screams "CAMP ME". If Mewtwo can run away while continuously laying Future Sights, why would he even want to fight? The move should only be able to reach about one (maybe one and a half) roll-length in a sphere around Mewtwo, and should have a very thin, quick hitbox. The upside is that it does around 15 damage, which means it's great for grab combos and the like.

Teleport: The unique attack after carrying an opponent away shouldn't be in the same class as Rest. Maybe it'd deal around 9 or10 damage, but the move's already great without it, so it should be more of an added bonus, not the prime reason to use it. And of course, you have to manually activate the unique attack by tapping A at the right moment.

Psychic: So...does it control like Din's Fire too? Like, does it move forward at an increasing rate, with a loose range of control? If so, fine, but it seems kind of impractical for multiplayer fights (Mewtwo's assumingly totally vulnerable once he's grabbed someone), and a really, really cheap edge-guarder (just grab them and throw them off the stage).

Light Screen: It obviously wouldn't stop Olimar's smashes. Seriously. Maybe his thrown Pikmin, yeah, but not the Smashes. Why? Well, how would a REFLECTED smash attack work? other than that, as long as Mewtwo's forced to move slowly while the 'Screen is up, this seems pretty cool.

Final Smash should be Psycho Boost.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
I like the dark samus idea

i give it a 5/5 because it has small similarities to samus but gives off something much more different without straying from the fact that she is a darker version of previously mentioned samus
Finally some1 to say something....id appreciate even a 0/5..better to at least give it an awful mark instead of ignoring it (Not that i dont like the 5/5 though :p)

I dunno Dark samus gives a sense needed in brawl....she looks cool....good representation of metroid series.... and btw the only similarity would be the Bsmash and the looks....everything else as i said is completely different

(Post again in page 171)
AND PLEASE COMMENT MY IDEA ON PAGE 173 ABOUT VARIETY BATTLES

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I think that as well as the final smashes, there should be new 'smash specials' that function like traditional supers. After a bar is filled, a character can use a more powerful version of any special except neutral B. These attacks aren't as overwhelming as final smash moves, but they can be very useful. For example, when Ness uses smash PKthunder, he shoots a much larger bolt that's harder to control, but has good KO power.

It could succeed where smash balls fail to balance the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I had a thought regarding team battles.

There could be two types of team battles; colored teams or teams sorted by groups.

Colored teams stick with the Red, Blue, and Green colors.

Group teams don't have to change their colors since their team would be marked by a number. In VS Mode, up to four different teams can be formed.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Oh yeah.

Overall I like it, though clerical modifications seem necessary, I think.

Future Sight: This just screams "CAMP ME". If Mewtwo can run away while continuously laying Future Sights, why would he even want to fight? The move should only be able to reach about one (maybe one and a half) roll-length in a sphere around Mewtwo, and should have a very thin, quick hitbox. The upside is that it does around 15 damage, which means it's great for grab combos and the like.

Teleport: The unique attack after carrying an opponent away shouldn't be in the same class as Rest. Maybe it'd deal around 9 or10 damage, but the move's already great without it, so it should be more of an added bonus, not the prime reason to use it. And of course, you have to manually activate the unique attack by tapping A at the right moment.

Psychic: So...does it control like Din's Fire too? Like, does it move forward at an increasing rate, with a loose range of control? If so, fine, but it seems kind of impractical for multiplayer fights (Mewtwo's assumingly totally vulnerable once he's grabbed someone), and a really, really cheap edge-guarder (just grab them and throw them off the stage).

Light Screen: It obviously wouldn't stop Olimar's smashes. Seriously. Maybe his thrown Pikmin, yeah, but not the Smashes. Why? Well, how would a REFLECTED smash attack work? other than that, as long as Mewtwo's forced to move slowly while the 'Screen is up, this seems pretty cool.

Final Smash should be Psycho Boost.
What I meant about the rest is, you'd have to be about as close to mewtwo for him to teleport with you as you would for Jiggly puff to rest you... no the same effect :]

And Psychic--I was thinking that yea it became hard to control just like Din's fire, and I didn't think about edgeguarding--So hmm he would not have much throwing distace the farther away his opponent would-Also he controls the psychic by his hand, so if soething like a wall (think great fox's back 'fin') comes in between Mewtwo and his victim, the psychic connection is lost. Same for if he's trying 2 toss someone off or keep thm off, if the stage ground comes inbetween the two even the slightest bit, the connection is lost.

For Future Sight--I can see your point. However Mewtwo can only use at a time, so at least he couldn't camp like CRAZY with it, and it's random, so that's both an advantage and a disadcantage in a way. And it probably should have a range on it. Other wise he COULD just camp lik CRAZY.. Once a character reaches a certain proximity within Mewtwo the random timer cuonting down from 1-15 would set off, once it reaches zero, the future hit zooming at them. But if they leave the vicinity, the tmer stops, resets, and waits. After too long the move would negate.??

But thanks for the comment!

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Finally some1 to say something....id appreciate even a 0/5..better to at least give it an awful mark instead of ignoring it (Not that i dont like the 5/5 though :p)

I dunno Dark samus gives a sense needed in brawl....she looks cool....good representation of metroid series.... and btw the only similarity would be the Bsmash and the looks....everything else as i said is completely different

(Post again in page 171)
AND PLEASE COMMENT MY IDEA ON PAGE 173 ABOUT VARIETY BATTLES

The only thing im afraid of is her being overused because she has *gasps* dark powers lol. The same counts for any dark alterative for a character. If shadow was put in do u think sonic would be used as much? But this isn't really your fault, its just that "darkness" is overused hence the dark color swaps and mk (who is sorta a darker version of kirby)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
hmm don't make completely different characters alternates. If you change their voices/looks/status/everythint, just give them their own slot...
But by doing this, we completely eliminate the clones issue and lets characters like Daisy, Rosalina, Paula, Mama Luigi, and more be playable.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
But by doing this, we completely eliminate the clones issue and lets characters like Daisy, Rosalina, Paula, Mama Luigi, and more be playable.
Holy Crap! Mama Luigi for SSB4!
I forgot all about her/him/it...
What do you guys think? Should there be a Dojo (or similar blog) for the production of SSB4?
If Sakurai is producing, then he probably will do it again, seeing the mostly positive reaction from the fans. If it is a new producer (please, god, let it happen), then he/she may have their own style of teasing the fans.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Holy Crap! Mama Luigi for SSB4!
I forgot all about her/him/it...
What do you guys think? Should there be a Dojo (or similar blog) for the production of SSB4?
If Sakurai is producing, then he probably will do it again, seeing the mostly positive reaction from the fans. If it is a new producer (please, god, let it happen), then he/she may have their own style of teasing the fans.
I think that a Dojo-esque things SHOULDN'T happen. Nintendo's policy has been to only reveal games when they're close to being finished instead of teasing us like they did with Brawl adn Twilight Princess. In fact, I think this policy is why Brawl is filled with glitches. Nintendo thought it was ready when it wasn't.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Exactly. If they don't show us waaay before the game is close 2 being released... then no one is begging for it to hurry up and get released. therefore.. They ave less pressure! Tehrefore, they can change the release date with not so much negativity. they can FINISH the game.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Oh, yeah, that.

Yeah, can we let Sakurai or whoever makes the next game actually have some time on his hands? Sakurai could have introduced several more characters and further polished the game.

That horrible online we have could have been patched up in SOME kind of way. (I think Nintendo should focus on the online for the next game, but even moreso the actual game play). Imagine lagless internet with tons of options. Best idea ever.

P a i n

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see a Mii character, who's apearance changes not by colour but by Mii's on the console.
Moveset would be like WiiSports probably, with tennis, golf and boxing moves etc.
Final Smash could be a Mii Parade lol?

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
sounds like a good idea to me! they could use wii plaay stuff too fishing poles and racing cows and stuff

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think that a Dojo-esque things SHOULDN'T happen. Nintendo's policy has been to only reveal games when they're close to being finished instead of teasing us like they did with Brawl adn Twilight Princess. In fact, I think this policy is why Brawl is filled with glitches. Nintendo thought it was ready when it wasn't.
I totally agree with that. As cool as the Dojo was, all the constant media coverage sort of took alot of the surprise out of the whole thing for me.

Granted, I ended up knowing the full roster before I played the game anyways, but I don't mean just that--knowing basically everything about the SSE, online, Final Smashes, and "secret" characters all took alot of the fun out of it.

Alsooo, Mii Parade for the win.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
A Wii Sports Mii moveset could work, especially with Wii Sports: Resort coming out and (sadly) Wii...Music...

And I agree with Chief Mendez, while it was fun checking the Dojo daily and looking at the updates, it didn't make me any more hyped really (considering I was already as hyped as you get when I heard it was being made) and actually just ruined most of the surprise...

Plus Nintendo releasing the game in Japan way before they did in America (and WAY earlier than the rest of the world) was kind of lame...they should know their fans can't ignore the internet and are bound to find the secret caracters within days...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea :/ when you think about it Brawl was too involved in the media. I mean look-Snake and Sonic were on the box art and the opening movie when they were LOCKED CHARACTERS. You couldn't even play them from the beginning. Brawl, I think, got too muchattention, and that in turn ws bad for it. IT took away a lot of potential I think. Brawl got 2 obsessed with the media.

ALSOOOOOOOOOOO......
Crap. Forgot! nvm hehe

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Well Snake and Sonic being on the box-art was a brilliant idea really...I mean say some casual Nintendo fan didn't check the Dojo like us and, while looking at games saw Sonic the Hedgehog on the back of the game or heard that Sonic was in Brawl, s/he'd naturally say something like "I love Sonic! I'm gonna pick this up!!" Plus advertising Snake lured in a ton of Metal Gear Solid fans into playing Smash when they probably wouldn't have.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SSB4 should go the Melee route: one or two teaser trailers, then one big, long one a few months before release detailing all the starter characters and the features of the game. But that's it. No secret characters should be revealed, even if they're hype-manufacturing machines.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I agree... i want to be surprised... for brawl i new everything on it already.. but i couldnt help looking at the updates and such...

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
SSB4 should go the Melee route: one or two teaser trailers, then one big, long one a few months before release detailing all the starter characters and the features of the game. But that's it. No secret characters should be revealed, even if they're hype-manufacturing machines.
I'm with you, Mendez, salivating over the dojo wasted hours of my life AND made my keyboard all sticky... from drool, not ZSS.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It could always be both.

And didn't Melee have a site where the revealed all the secret characters like...one character every weekend or something like that? I seem to recall something similar to that...
I think so, but it was only in Japanese, so really...whatever.

Japan can have their spoilers if they want. :ohwell:

gallax

Smash Hero
do you guys think that since they added snake and sonic that they are gonna go as far as adding master chief or characters from resident evil or final fantasy? adding cloud or leon could be a big draw from those two fields. even squall, tifa, or vincent would be an attention drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom