• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I kind of thought you were insulting those people, but I wasn't very sure.

What you're saying makes much more sense now that I paid attention and noticed you weren't the person who recommended Diskun, but now that I know that you were speaking against him I understand what you were saying.
I was insulting people, but only the morons who see a clone in Bowser and Ridley.

But yeah, glad I got my point across.

Anyway, reading back across the posts, whoever suggested the Norion Generator Shaft...I love you. :laugh: Not THAT way, but you are awesome.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Replace the Dragoon from the previous recipe with the Parasol, Tingle's Balloon makes a fine addition to any Smash recipe (makes you lighter until it pops or it is popped. :D), and pigs (act as Bonsly, but without Pokeball. If Toon Link is removed, which I could care less about one way or another, make it Star Tropics representation as opposed to Zelda?).

Add one Lip, one Balloon Fighter, one EBA or Ouendan character (Agent J recommended, unless you have alternate costumes to include both Ouendan teams, which would be pretty sweet), a little bit of Andy never hurt anyone (Except the BLACK HOLE ARMY! BAAA-ZING!), switch Lucario for Mewtwo and switch PT's Pokemon for the newest gen's starters, and I want to see some more Little Mac, but I can't think of a use for him (Have sets in mind for all others).

Also, for good measure, I'd add a Mike or Zoda assist trophy, make the Advance Wars trophy not suck, add a trophy that will turn against the user (Same with Pokeball, please?), and a better choice of Pokemon for the Pokeballs is always a good thing (no fun if more than half are legendaries).

To the adventure mode goes more nostalgic enemies/bosses and gameplay that differs slightly from Kirby Super Star, and maybe a clearer story with more involvement for all characters (As opposed to throwing a hedgehog and some random blue god-thing to break its wings and stop it from 360'ing our characters with the red rings of death because we couldn't find a place for him).

Stir in more informational historic trophies (or add descriptions to stickers as an alternate) for a good blend of learning and fun.

Throw in some Board the Platform, some Race to the Finish and character-specific Target Tests (as well as universal ones) to spice up the flavor.

Make a more in depth custom stage builder with editable backgrounds, and we've got ourselves a delicious Smash.

That's my recipe. If everything I posted wasn't in here before, then that's very unfortunate. But I only put the stuff I wanted to see here, I said very little of what I didn't want back. Also, I'm not one for heated debates, so don't yell at me please? XD I'll probably forget I posted here, so I guess you can pm me for special information on my plans. Or IM me, whichever. Whee. :p

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Now I'm picturing lots and lots of custom stages with lemon juice for water and salt shakers as obstacles.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
The difference between Krystal and Bowser Jr. is that Fox has two semi-clones while Bowser has no (semi-) clones at all. If Sakurai put little to no effort on making Krystal unique, then Fox would have three semi-clones when two was already ridiculous.
I thought you were for Krystal... I think that post hurt my head. Is that "little to no effort" meant to mean you want Sakurai to try harder and keep Krystal from being a clone?

I hope tetra gets in, because her moveset would have to be very separate to Zelda's.

And I'm quite happy with what ZesuBen said bar the chars he'd like...

And I know the alt costumes were suggested awhile ago but I would like them. But I still want Krystal to be a separate char to Fox.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Should be noted that Zelda needs no more representation than four characters, lest they'd raise the bar to five max per franchise or boot Ganon, which I don't think they'd do.

Bowser Jr. has a similar problem, except that Nintendo really doesn't have the option to boot someone (even though their Zelda boot option is extremely unlikely, they've still got it). All of the Mario reps have a key role. We can stick Mario characters in there until there's not one left, but instead of raising the bar, why not stick Bowser Jr. in a boss position in the next adventure mode? I'd play as Bowser Jr. any day of the week, believe me, but there are other franchises I want noticed more. Where's my Star Tropics? D: How about Panel de Pon? Punch Out? Advance Wars? I wanted to see Kapp'n come in and wash everyone away with a flood final smash, where he just sits atop the water in his boat, singin' his dinghy, then coming on and using a net grab to golden axe someone in the face. I really, really did. :/ And I would kill to see Agent J make the roster...

Krystal could move in, but does Star Fox really need four characters? Really? :/ I mean, Kirby only got three... I think they're good for now.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Why replace the Dragoon with the Parasol? Why not just have both? I'd like the Smash Ball to appear even with the Dragoon, though. It's annoying to have to wait 'till the Dragoon is used to have any Smash Balls.

Heck, why not have a Hydra item, too? It could either be a clone item of the Dragoon (collect three pieces to aim like the Dragoon but its bigger and has a bit of lag before shooting) or something more different (three pieces, but instead it makes your character jump on the Hydra as a sort of vehicle... they can turn and jump once, and hitting people hard enough is very deadly).

ZlinkLGZ

Smash Rookie
I had always wished that they would allow for alternate move sets for the specials, like you could select an alternate set at the character select screen.
Additionally they could have de-cloned Links mini-me by making him majora's mask young link.
Ex. specials
up-b: Some kind of recovery (if not the same old spin attack)
down-b: Goron Link
neutral-b: deku Link
forward-b: Zora Link
Alternately he could be something like the Pokemon Trainer, without the stupid debuff over time.
and do i even have to say what the final smash would be?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Mario is the only franchise that needs no more. K.Rool (What's his name again?) and kamek are the only two options, but they hardly ever, if not at all appear in mario, rather Yoshi's and DK.

I'm sure starfox can have 4, because hopefully metroid and F-Zero will get more reps... And even if they don't :mad: We're Keeping Krystal!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The only way that StarFox get's a fourth rep is if Kirby get's four rep's. Hey, Kirby's more important to Nintendo than Star Fox is so that's that, (that kind of explans DK's case though he's games sold more than Kirby's).

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
The only way that StarFox get's a fourth rep is if Kirby get's four rep's. Hey, Kirby's more important to Nintendo than Star Fox is so that's that, (that kind of explans DK's case though he's games sold more than Kirby's).

Well who would be a fourth kirbs char? a waddle doo? I don't actually know enough about kirbs... But we all know that Krystal is the second most, if not most important starfox char... she will get in...

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Would/Could Bowser Jr be a 2nd yoshi rep?

Edit: Whoops, that's baby bowser (who would make an awesome single player boss in his Yoshi's Island incarnation mind you)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well who would be a fourth kirbs char? a waddle doo? I don't actually know enough about kirbs... But we all know that Krystal is the second most, if not most important starfox char... she will get in...
Ricky or Gooey is the most likey fourth Kirby rep, but they haven't been in enough Kirby game's to get the title. Mostly in Brawl, the sieres that got the most character's are the sieres that are golden to Nintendo's eye's like Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon etc. Star Fox happen's to have a good amount of character's that's devoted to the sieres like Falco and Wolf. Though Melee's case, King Dedede was wanted very much to be in the game, but got postpone, but was made a clone in that game, so it took no time to put him in Melee which Brawl decloned him.

Bottom line, the only way Krystal or another Star Fox character will be in the Next Smash Bros is if the character's appear in the rest of the sieres or if the creater of Smash desides which would make the game more populer.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Kirby doesn't need any more playable character reps. The only truly viable candidates are already all playable. New kirby representation should pop up in every other aspect of the game (items, assist trophies, STAGES (kirby often comes up short there), music, single player mode).

Starfox has a viable choice for a 4th playable character, Krystal, and she has enough popularity and moveset potential to make the game better with her unique style in the mix. I always thought that the original aspects of falco and wolf should be merged into Wolf for SSB4, but Falco is too popular amongst competitive smashers (being top tier 2 games in a row does that) to be kicked out now.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Mario's Down Tilt and Down Smash look very similar. So do Toon Link's up tilt and up smash. In fact all of link's smashes look like multi hit versions of his tilts. This is also true across character (Samus' and Captain Falcon's up tilts and dash attacks, for example). There are many more examples of this. These moves should be changed for SSB4, possibly for moves that look similar. This problem was adressed between the original and melee (eg, they changed DKs up air so it wasn't the same as his up tilt, they changed Captain Falcon's down smash so it wasn't the same as Samus') but not much changed for brawl.

And the foreground of the stage should be rendered for 360 degree camera rotation during replays.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I thought you were for Krystal... I think that post hurt my head. Is that "little to no effort" meant to mean you want Sakurai to try harder and keep Krystal from being a clone?
I was just stating it was unlikely to have Krystal be another character who would be a (semi-) clone of Fox. Toon/Young Link (counting them as the same character) is one of my favorite characters and he's the closest to being a total clone, yet there was never two (semi-) clones of Link in one game.

If Kystal is ever going to be a clone, then it should be Isaac from Golden Sun. Isaac attacks with his sword and sometimes uses psynergy. Krystal could replicate that stuff with her staff and magic. They might have to stretch it a little bit, but it would be much much much (many more muches) better than Krystal being another space animal, another Marth clone, or a Zamus (who doesn't even fight like Krystal) clone.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Diskun would'nt have to be 2-D. And like it or not we're going to get another novelty character. And a great example of Sakurai's stupidity: 'Ridley is too slow to be a character'. Real quote.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Zesu, 5 characters for the more popular series is not unreasonable. Also, the second column of characters are all Mario spinoffs, so you could say that Mario has more representation than 4 characters already, even though only 4 have the mushroom symbol.
No, it's not unreasonable. And it's likely, in fact, because in the next game, the roster list will more than likely be taller than four boxes. And I considered Wario and Yoshi to be more Mario rep anyway (Not so much Wario, but definitely Yoshi since he hasn't had a new game to himself in forever. I'd like to see some WarioWare items, actually. Throwing toilet paper at someone and having it get stuck to them would do very little in ways of combat, but I would enjoy it), which is why I feel that Mario doesn't need any more representation. I'm all for a fifth spot for Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, so long as they don't try to fill up the remaining new spaces on the roster with nothing but clones.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
Most series have reps that could use a spot in smash, hehe. but i think some other series should get in (advance wars, animal crossing, and some others)before they add some reps to the old ones.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
I just dont see why kristly even needs to be in the game Star fox has 3 lets keep it that way

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I just dont see why kristly even needs to be in the game Star fox has 3 lets keep it that way
*Falcon punches*

If Kystal is ever going to be a clone, then it should be Isaac from Golden Sun. Isaac attacks with his sword and sometimes uses psynergy. Krystal could replicate that stuff with her staff and magic. They might have to stretch it a little bit, but it would be much much much (many more muches) better than Krystal being another space animal, another Marth clone, or a Zamus (who doesn't even fight like Krystal) clone.
*applauds*

I expect that there will be taller columns, which will allow 5 char per series, and allow 4 Starfox chars because none of you can complain about them having too many.

If any char is gonna get booted, they mustn't be in the original 12...

Lionman

Smash Champion
Hi.

I think SSB4 should have Wiiware characters like Toku and other characters, but we should think in the next console gen.

Recently appeared a really good freeware game for PC, Doukutsu Monogatari (cave history), there are plans for releasing this game for wiiware and i Bet Nintendo will look for the maker "yes, only 1 guy made this epic game"

When i was playing this game i was thinking, the main character (Quote) have everything for enter in Smash Bros.

-He is a newcomer
-He have loads of weapons and tools like Samus, making a moveset with him should be really easy
-He connects really good with nintendo style
-The game has incredible music

A gameplay vid
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr0CCkH49g0

This is just a dream

Ho-oh

Smash Cadet
The only thing i want is that all the cheap top tier characters(MK, D3 and so on) get to the bottom...

§leepy God

Smash Master
The only thing i want is that all the cheap top tier characters(MK, D3 and so on) get to the bottom...
That would be an example of how Kirby, Pikachu, (not really), and Ness got hit with a nerf stick in Melee from Smash 64. When people found out that Kirby was one of the worst character's in Melee, the competive group that like Kirby was sourrly disapointed, I would reather you say they should be mid tier or low tier than trash tier because I like to play a character with out too much worry of him not doing so well in tourney's. =/

UncleSam

Smash Master
Its less of a tier change and more of a physics engine shift... think about it if the game physics were still from melee MK would suck and Ike would jump to top Tier having SHFFLing and wavedashing makes MK's small amount of lag obsolete

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
This is completely correct

10wedontneedmorefurries
*chaingrab spikes you* That's for the spacies :p (also from Falco)

I hope that mk and snake drop just a bit for smash 4... not to trash tier, they would give us a bad name *points to sig saying link is my main*

TOP OF TRASH TIER!

johe

Smash Apprentice
*chaingrab spikes you* That's for the spacies :p (also from Falco)

I hope that mk and snake drop just a bit for smash 4... not to trash tier, they would give us a bad name *points to sig saying link is my main*

TOP OF TRASH TIER!
Hey, I love the spacies (not in that way you sick perverts) but, clones or not, we don't need any more, it's a lackluster series that hasn't had a new game in quite a while, and hasn't had a good game for almost a decade.

also EDIT: Krystal is a flat, uncharismatic, stock character.

As for games that need some love, Eternal Darkness would be cool with some kind of sanity effect, as would Jade for Beyond Good and Evil, and Viewtiful Joe would be awesome

EDIT: The Prince (not the new idiotic smart *** one, not the Emo one, the cool one from Sands of time) would kick everybodies ***

Back in reality, I would like to see snake use some ****ing guns in the next one, or at least use less freaking explosives.

also megaman.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Hey, I love the spacies (not in that way you sick perverts) but, clones or not, we don't need any more, it's a lackluster series that hasn't had a new game in quite a while, and hasn't had a good game for almost a decade.

also EDIT: Krystal is a flat, uncharismatic, stock character.

As for games that need some love, Eternal Darkness would be cool with some kind of sanity effect, as would Jade for Beyond Good and Evil, and Viewtiful Joe would be awesome

EDIT: The Prince (not the new idiotic smart *** one, not the Emo one, the cool one from Sands of time) would kick everybodies ***

Back in reality, I would like to see snake use some ****ing guns in the next one, or at least use less freaking explosives.

also megaman.
I agree with Viewtiful Joe and The Prince from sands of time(best of the series) for SSB4 and if your looking for a star fox character use Slippy! he'll have smart bombs, it will be completely unbalanced. or we could give him grenades and sensor bombs,
and if I were to ask my friends theyd all yell out at the same time 'Master Chief!' but we should release Halo DS first b4 even thinking about that
(yes Halo DS is a REAL game)

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
eternal darkness, is a fine idea, and i would like to see rovias mansion as a stage, and alex as a brawler, the series could use a few more games, before i see that happening.

i dont care for the prince though.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Krystal is a flat, uncharismatic, stock character.

also megaman.
Wolf is a flat stock character that's much less creative than Krystal is, yet you seem to like him. Krystal wasn't made to be a Star Fox character, so they just didn't know what to do with her in the next 2 SF games.

But I'll have to agree that Megaman is awesome.

johe

Smash Apprentice
(yes Halo DS is a REAL game)
Link or it didn't happen

also, for changes I would like to see to gameplay

MOAR of these things:
hitstun
combos
shieldstun
edgegaurding
fun

Less of these things:
(hit)lag
sonic stuff
SSE
Floatiness
Infinites (nothing against them other than they are bad game design, except for the ICs)
Sakurai

Also, Ima workin on a post with the changes I want to each existing chracter.

EDIT:
Wolf is a flat stock character that's much less creative than Krystal is, yet you seem to like him. Krystal wasn't made to be a Star Fox character, so they just didn't know what to do with her in the next 2 SF games.

But I'll have to agree that Megaman is awesome.
I agree with you, hell (almost) all of the SF characters are flat and boring

EDIT: didn't see the part about me liking Wolf: To be honest, I don't like him as a character in a normal game, I do like him as a fighter. I was angry as hell when they first announced Wolf.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
If liking them as a fighter is good enough, then what's so wrong about more Sonic characters (if they happen to be fun fighters)?

camstar57

Smash Rookie
all i want is NO LUCARIO. nearly any other pokemon would have been a better addition (please please replace lucario with mewtwo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom