• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Should just name it SSB4 anyway for some changes
There foremost needs to be dedicated servers for Tournament Style play, Casual play, and then the same for teams.

They need to bring back all the characters.
They need to keep the character roster to that of nintendo characters ONLY
They should add Krystal (from starfox)
They really need to stop adding pokemon.
Tripping is the stupidest thing Sakurai could ever think of. Doesn't he know people play this game for bragging rights?
We don't need MEwtwo, and Roy.

Besides Roy sucks. He is just a lame pathetic Marth Clone and we don't want clones.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
i think 3rd party characters are ruining the smash bros series... it should be a nintendo only game.

and i dont want much more characters. i dont want smash bros to end up like the dbz series lol.
I don't think it's ruining the Smash Bros series because having diffrent third parties spices up the game's hype when they play it, and also it attracts fans of the third party character. But on one occasion I agree, Smash Bros should stay a Nintendo only game, it reduces the crazy prdiction and hype over the game like should Halo chracters get in the game, etc. And lastly no, we need more characters, new game needs new stuff right? But it shouldn't be over 100 characters like DBZ though.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
But keep Snake and Sonic and yes those are the only ones that should be third parties, but no more. Besides Megaman sucks. He is a ******** kid in a blue suit he sucks.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
They need to bring back all the characters.
Why? The only cut character who has ANY reason to POSSIBLY return is Mewtwo. Why should they clutter the roster with unnecessary characters?

They need to keep the character roster to that of nintendo characters ONLY
Yeah, I'm sure they're all into killing their sales numbers and whatnot...

They should add Krystal (from starfox)
I'm not particularly for or against Krystal, so... Meh. Whatever. As long as she's not yet another clone...

They really need to stop adding pokemon.
Don't tell me you're one of those people...

Pokemon's a HUGE deal for Nintendo. It's the second best selling video game franchise, only after Mario. It deserves adequate representation in Smash.

Tripping is the stupidest thing Sakurai could ever think of. Doesn't he know people play this game for bragging rights?
Funny, I always played because I found the game fun...

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
lol I agree with the tripping part. Who cares about it you trip and get back up. Even if a characters a clone I really dont care. If they make a new game add new characters and make teams more worth while playing.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But keep Snake and Sonic and yes those are the only ones that should be third parties, but no more. Besides Megaman sucks. He is a ******** kid in a blue suit he sucks.
Haha. That's what I call an argument. Really.

Way to disqualify yourself again by bashing disabled people, as well. Congratulations, SmashBrosMike.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
To add something besides characters coming back (Yes, Mewtwo should and WILL return), what do you guys think of a Bowser's Castle level... What should it be, from which game, ect. i'm all for the bridge at the end of every castle in the original SMB, but I want to hear other people's ideas... anyone?

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Hey guys about that game ifea that I was talking about called Super Smash Bros. Generation.

Well you know it is going to be real. You see a friend of mine on Atari Forums name Godzilla 10K asked if he could make it using game maker and I agreed. So now me and him are working on it. So if any of you are interested, just ask. Also It will be a lot of fun.

There will be 26 characters playable at the start and 13 are hidden. So there will be 48 playable Characters.

Anyway what do you think.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think nothing of you and your ideas since you only go by personal bias and use people who don't even are responsible for their biological flaws for bashing some video game character, which is pretty disgusting, imo.

You've lost all your credibility with that one Anti-Megaman post you made just before.

Not that you ever had one in the first place.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I think nothing of you and your ideas since you only go by personal bias and use people who don't even are responsible for their biological flaws for bashing some video game character, which is pretty disgusting, imo.

You've lost all your credibility with that one Anti-Megaman post you made just before.

Not that you ever had one in the first place.
Whatever and your avator. Not to be rude, but Fox's black tip nose seems small, might wanna fix that. LEts just drop it and just get along okay.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I am all for Ray 01 or some custom robo char. His games are 100% Nintendo, they are a long lasting series (n64, tho it started in Japan), and his jump mechanics, weight, and projectile game would be like mashing peach's jumps (although the float would be kinda quick), space animal esque weight/aerial game, and Samus/Snake hybrid projectile game. It's a shame that most people haven't even played Custom Robo.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Whatever and your avator. Not to be rude, but Fox's black tip nose seems small, might wanna fix that. LEts just drop it and just get along okay.
That's because Fox is drawn in a special style from Cyborg Kuro-Chan.

€dit:
@phi1ny3
You, Sir, are the person to recieve my proposal. Please marry me. Now. And don't ask any questions.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I know what we need in Smash Bros, more water stages. After playing the SSE for a while, I think more water stages would be funner to play on... the one's without the stage attacking you. ^_^;

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
I know what we need in Smash Bros, more water stages. After playing the SSE for a while, I think more water stages would be funner to play on... the one's without the stage attacking you. ^_^;
How about a stage where everything is underwater?
And it screws up the physics, making everything floaty and slightly slowed-down...

And all speech will be replaced by variants on "Glub".

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Sonic would kick off that countdown counter underwater.
I thought I recognised your user name klapaucius- I just realised that it's the money cheat from Sims XD.

Kief

Smash Ace
ok i dont know how possible this would be or what company made star wars...but i do know that yoda would be a friggin awesome character :D

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
To save other people any trouble, Yoda has no chance of getting in, nor would people want him to get in. Unless they want him for the lol's, or don't get the grasp of a Nintendo fighting game.

What would his specials be?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, except for the fact that he's a robot... -__-' Really, there should be more third parties simply because Sonic didn't join the "Nintendo cause" until 2002 and Snake only has one Nintendo exclusive which is a crappy Game Boy Color game. Everything else has appeared on a Sony system or the MSX. Megaman, on the other hand, has more than twenty Nintendo exclusives on the handhelds like the GBA.

Coroxive

Smash Cadet
A character that would be a great impact to SSB4 would be none other than Sothe from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on the Wii. He represents FE (Fire Emblem) and he's a light-weight, fast killer, which could easily rank up fast through the tiers.

That's my view anyways.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
You know, except for the fact that he's a robot... -__-' Really, there should be more third parties simply because Sonic didn't join the "Nintendo cause" until 2002 and Snake only has one Nintendo exclusive which is a crappy Game Boy Color game. Everything else has appeared on a Sony system or the MSX. Megaman, on the other hand, has more than twenty Nintendo exclusives on the handhelds like the GBA.
Megaman is ******** he sucks.

sorry its my opinion. Anyway I won't take it to far sorry.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
A character that would be a great impact to SSB4 would be none other than Sothe from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on the Wii. He represents FE (Fire Emblem) and he's a light-weight, fast killer, which could easily rank up fast through the tiers.

That's my view anyways.
Sothe seems like an OK idea, but...what would his up-B be?

...lol

Megaman would be a cool addition as a third party character. If he would happen to make it into SSB4, his down-B should switch between style changes ^.^

Also, I think I got carried away with 100 characters now that I think back on it. :dizzy: I change that number to...at least 60. lol...I would still want a high abundance of characters.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

That's my view anyways.
I actually agree with you on this one. Sothe would be a unique character and someone I would enjoy to play as. But like Rh1thmz said, what would be his up b?

And I'm sure this has been said about about a few hundred times already, but I think Knuckles would be a great character to have in brawl as well, and he would fit perfectly into the roster imo. But its hard to guess whether or not nintendo would add another sonic rep into SSB4 :ohwell:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think a roster of about 50 characters (including transformations, which would go down to, let's say 45 icons in the actual selection screen) is the most reasonable number of additions.

For Fire Emblem - if they include a new character, please NO MORE SWORD USERS. We have enough swordusers in the roster, and I would die to see one of the hundreds of mages in Smash (like, let's say Soren).

As for Third Party... now that MGS4 was the last game in the series - at least according to Kojima - and Snake's last game, I doubt Snake will return in Smash 4. Maybe the new MG-protagonist, but probably not. If Konami decides to return with one character, they maybe will get in Simon Belmont (Castlevania), Sparkster or Twinbee (although the latter two seem pretty unlikely to me, imo). Generally I think that there's a maximum of 2 or - highly unlikely - 3 new 3rd-Party additions.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
How about a stage where everything is underwater?
And it screws up the physics, making everything floaty and slightly slowed-down...

And all speech will be replaced by variants on "Glub".
"Shlub Bleeb blurb gloobs!"
Translation:
"Show me your moves!"
lol, and megaman is a good 3rd party char, lot better than sonic imo, but just my opinion (the more faithful the franchise is to Nintendo, the more I comply, since Sonic was the main business Rival in the ol' days, me no likey, as for Snake...
He'll die in a wheelchair, so I won't be worried about too much).

@spadefox: Soren would be awesome, or Pent, or if my friend's wish got its way, Hector (think about it, at hammer like disjoint with slash based damage!)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
"Shlub Bleeb blurb gloobs!"
Translation:
"Show me your moves!"
lyk o mah gawd.

You're so awesome~ <3

With every post of you I read, I love you even more :bee:

lol, and megaman is a good 3rd party char, lot better than sonic imo, but just my opinion (the more faithful the franchise is to Nintendo, the more I comply, since Sonic was the main business Rival in the ol' days, me no likey
Considering the fact Sega and Nintendo are working together very much lately (F-Zero GX/AX has been developed by Amusement Vision, a Sega-daughter, not to mention Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and all...), Sonic makes sense. Out of the rivalry became a friendship. ;3

as for Snake...
He'll die in a wheelchair, so I won't be worried about too much).
Luv. <3

@spadefox: Soren would be awesome, or Pent, or if my friend's wish got its way, Hector (think about it, at hammer like disjoint with slash based damage!)
Oh hell YES. I'd also love to see generally more different weapons than just swords... there are so many interesting things. Axes, polearms, whips... <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom