• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why such high hopes for Midna.. she's been in one game and a new Zelda is coming out withing a few years anyway which will have new characters...
If we got a sequel to Wind Waker, we may get a sequel to Twilight Princess - or a game directly related to it some how. I'd actually like a game based on the Unification War... anyways, off topic.

Back to brawl.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Characters i think would work well in the next smash

Mario:
-waluigi
-Daisy(as a full alt. with flowers where peaches hearts appear)
-birdo(yoshi alt.)
-bowser jr.
-petey piranna(playable)
-edit: added BABY BROS. as a team similar in function to the ice climbers
-edit: added Toad

Metroid:
-Ridley(playable)
-Some hunter i don't know any but i've heard they would make good smashers

Star Fox:
-Slippy(who wouldn't want to beat him up?)
-Pigma(could move like wario, mabye even be a partial clone)
-Krystal

Zelda:
-Midna and wolf link (although their chance may have already passed)
-Tingle(i have wanted to beat him up for sooooo long)
-young/ww/toon link with his own moveset

Donkey Kong:
-Funkey Kong
-Dixie Kong
-Chunkey Kong
-Lanky Kong
(i think we need a lot more monkeys in smash :))

Pokemon:
-Rival Trainer(with the start pokemon from one of the newer generations)
-the return of mewtwo
-electabuzz
-magmar
-scyther
-hitmonchan or hitmonlee

fire Emblem:
-sothe
-michah
-and some other one but i dont know this series very well

Other Series (third party and retro included):
-claus
-baloon fighter
-megaman
-isaac
-knuckles
-tails
-shadow

and i also think that "board the platforms" and "race to the finsh" need to return

chansen

Smash Lord
Instead of just a stage builder, how bout a stage editor. You could also take pieces from already existent stages. How bout a BF with a Smashville platform too?

Knuckles and King K. Rool need some rep too. And throw gray fox in there too.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Fire Emblem
Micaiah - Never giving this one up until it happens. And we need female characters.
Soren - Mages are awesome, he doesn't have blue hair, and he's unique.
Ephraim - Aye, FE is a growing series. I could live with this non-swordsman character.
Assist Trophies: Sothe.

Golden Sun
Isaac/Felix - Golden Sun 1&2. Promote Isaac or add Felix as playable. This one also stays.
Jenna - Golden Sun 2. Meh, female characters are in short supply, and she's important.
Assist Trophies: Garrett, Ivan, Mia.

The World Ends with You
Neku Sakuraba - You know you want it too. He's just awesome.
Shiki Misaki - Why not? Females are in short supply, and it'd be nice to keep multiple reps. Unique as well.
Assist Trophies: Joshua, Beat, Hanekoma.
Note that this series would bring some sweet music to the table as well.

Star Fox
Krystal - If it's going to be insisted that she's another Fox clone, then forget it.

Tales of ____
Lloyd Irving - With the way the tales series works, he'd be awesome.
Collette - Blah blah blah more females and she doesn't use a sword. Happy?
Assist Trophies: Luke Fon Fabre (Not on Nintendo Systems), Kratos Aurion, and Genis Sage.

Other
Geno - yes yes yes. Please, I've got the fever too. Just do it.
Miis - A must, so I can get revenge on the developer if he doesn't do what I want. Anyone got a good Sakurai Mii?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Fire Emblem
Micaiah - Never giving this one up until it happens. And we need female characters.
Ephraim - Aye, FE is a growing series. I could live with this non-swordsman character.

Golden Sun
Isaac/Felix - Golden Sun 1&2. Promote Isaac or add Felix as playable. This one also stays.
Jenna - Golden Sun 2. Meh, female characters are in short supply, and she's important.

The World Ends with You
Shiki Misaki - Why not? Females are in short supply, and it'd be nice to keep multiple reps. Unique as well.

Star Fox
Krystal - If it's going to be insisted that she's another Fox clone, then forget it.

Tales of ____
Assist Trophies: Luke Fon Fabre (Not on Nintendo Systems), Kratos Aurion, and Genis Sage.

Other
Miis - A must, so I can get revenge on the developer if he doesn't do what I want. Anyone got a good Sakurai Mii?
I like your list with the exception of the World Ends with You characters. Don't get me wrong. It's my favorite game for the DS and my fourth favorite game ever (Beaten by Mario 64, Melee, and Brawl), but I can barely see Neku and I can't see Shiki as a smasher. Plus, the game - unfortunately - wasn't popular enough.

Other than that, the Mii is a bit weird as well. It just doesn't fit with smash.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
, but I can barely see Neku and I can't see Shiki as a smasher

Other than that, the Mii is a bit weird as well. It just doesn't fit with smash.
I'll admit, I myself was skeptical when I put them in there. I can partially see it yet partially not. Frankly the way it's original game works, it'd be certainly be unlike the way they were executed in the original. I think however, not to include Neku in any way would be unfortunate (Hey, the whole group would make good ATs). Shiki was there more as a formality, as you may notice that all of the games I've included have at least Two Characters (Exception: Star Fox) and at least one female.

BTW: The Mii? I think it can fit alright. It'd add a great deal of customization if the Mii's stats are completely related to the Weight/Size you make yours. It'd be a nice addition, however odd it is. (It IS kind of odd, but hey, I don't 100% believe that a certain Brawl Addition quite fits in either.)

Ivan > All GS characters. If he weren't a more minor character than Isaac or Felix, I'd say put him in instead. Ivan would pwn souls.
I actually stopped just short of putting him on for the very reason you just said. He was pretty cool. Frankly however, his two major moves (As far as the story thingies go) Mind Read and Reveal, those would be hard to implement as moves for him...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the funny thing about putting knuckles in the game is that they would have to implement some kind of wall climb mechanic, which would be weird, especially if he was the only one in the cast that could do it

SirKibble

Smash Champion
BTW: The Mii? I think it can fit alright. It'd add a great deal of customization if the Mii's stats are completely related to the Weight/Size you make yours. It'd be a nice addition, however odd it is. (It IS kind of odd, but hey, I don't 100% believe that a certain Brawl Addition quite fits in either.)
Weren't Miis already considered for inclusion in Brawl anyway? I seem to recall hearing/reading that somewhere...

I actually stopped just short of putting him on for the very reason you just said. He was pretty cool. Frankly however, his two major moves (As far as the story thingies go) Mind Read and Reveal, those would be hard to implement as moves for him...
True enough. They'd have to stick to Wind Psynergy moves.

Dr. Death

Smash Rookie
^ If they add someone else from Soul Calibur, the only logical choice would be Voldo. They already have someone from Soul Calibur of course (Link)
Umm.. Link doesnt really count as a soulcalibur char. Hes from the Zelda series, and made a guest appearance in 1 soul game. I dont think that really qualifies him to be counted as a soul calibur char. And also, I say Nightmare.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well... here's a personal list of mine. I don't necessarily want every last one of these characters, just a select few. *Note: Nothing against Sonic or Snake, but I feel that 3rd party factions shouldn't have more than one character from their series... What Sakurai did with implementing Shadow as an Assist Trophy or Tails, Knuckles and Silver as background goodies is more of what I would prefer. That's just my cup of tea. :)

Faction
-Character - Reasoning

Super Mario Bros.
-Dr. Mario - My personal favorite from Melee... Even an alternate costume would be nice.
-Princess Rosalina - I don't know, there's something about her that I've gotten an instant liking for... She would have potential. Even an alt. costume for Peach would work for me.
-Cackletta & Fawful - A tagteam, so to speak. One goes in, the other can swap out... More Zelda/Sheik oriented, rather than Pkmn Trainer.
-King Boo - Now, here's a pipe dream. I've always been rather fond of the Boo family, and after seeing how a regular Boo fairs in Mario Party...well...I must say I was impressed with how they could work "fighting".
-Prince Peasley - An awkward choice, but hey, it represents Superstar Saga, I suppose.
-Princess Shroob - Again, another awkward choice, but adds another "female" character, and represents Partners in Time.
-Princess Daisy - Either make her playable, or keep her as that "alternate costume" for Peach. Either works.
-Paper Mario - (Like we need more Marios!) Would work similar to Game & Watch, and even be flat. Represents the Paper Mario series.

Yoshi's Island
-Kamek - Hey, I've always wanted to beat the stuffing out of that annoying magical Koopa...
-Bandit - As there aren't too many Yoshi characters...this guy was the only one I could see fitting, even if he is just another enemy in the game. He's Yoshi's rival in some minigames, so why not?

WarioWare (or, under the Wario faction)
-Waluigi - Keep him as an Assist Trophy, or make him playable... though, in my opinion, he still needs to prove himself worthy in an actual Mario/Wario title (as a villian, or otherwise).
-Ashley - Just because she seems really bad-!?

DK
-Dixie Kong - A very popular choices from the Kongs... She even appeared in her own title to save Diddy and Donkey Kong, and apparently had some data in Brawl. Who knows...
-King K. Rool - The DK series needs to have a villian representing it... Why not the infamous King K. Rool?

Legend of Zelda
-Tetra/Toon Zelda - Could help represent the Wind Waker series... and there's a good chance she wouldn't stand as a clone of the regular Zelda/Sheik combo.
-Vaati - One of the more "original" bosses in the Zelda series, and has his own little fanbase.
-Imp Midna/Twili Midna or Wolf Link & (Imp) Midna - Personally, I just want Midna in in some shape or form as playable... She's one of the coolest Zelda characters you'll see, and very popular.

Metroid
-Ridley - Sure, he was a boss in Brawl... but there's just something different if he were playable. And don't give me that "he's too big" ploy, Bowser's huge in the Mario games (have you seen him in Sunshine, or Galaxy? Pretty much dwarfs Mario). And if Sakurai could make the pint-sized Olimar work, hey, why not...
-Dark Samus - Sure, she would seem like just a clone... but she could work out a movepool of her own, given her use of Phazon and all that. Eheh.

Kirby
-Waddle Dee, Ribbon the Fairy and Adeleine tag team - These three could work out as Pokemon Trainer does... This trio is from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. They haven't really appeared in any other games as main heroes (Waddle Dee's just become more of a side enemy, not a hero so to speak), and it would be cool if they were to appear to help represent the Kirby series...

Star Fox
-Krystal - A popular character from the Star Fox world... Could represent it, and also be a nice addition to the female roster. Let's just hope she has a less Landmaster-oriented Final Smash...

EarthBound/MOTHER
-Claus - Sure, he's already an "alternate costume" for Lucas, but so long as he appears as that, or even playable. Perhaps he could pull a Masked Man on us someway...
-Princess Kumatora - A nice addition, being that she could represent MOTHER 3 [help bring it to other shores] and add on to the female roster.
-Ninten - Why this guy? Just because he looks like Ness, or...? Even I'm not sure myself.

Pokemon
-Mewtwo - BRING BACK MEWTWO! Cutting Mewtwo had to have been the worst cut I've seen in any fighting game... He's a favorite with countless Pokemon fans, and is extremely powerful... Just because a majority of Smashers from Melee exclaimed his moves in Melee "stunk" doesn't mean HE was unpopular character-wise. Just remodel his moves some, and I'm sure people will be praising him as he should be.
-Darkrai - Why Darkrai? He's just a personal favorite of mine... and had a pretty cool movie to boot. He's also been rampantly appearing in other Pokemon titles as either a "major" villian, or otherwise just shown (Pokemon Ranger Batonnage as the end boss, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 as causing an evil scheme you must prevent).
-Pokemon Trainer Girl - Could be the rival to Pokemon Trainer (Boy). Could possibly have Piplup, Bayleef and Blaziken? Just thoughts.
-Deoxys - Although the hype for this Pokemon has died down quite a bit since he appeared just as a Pokeball summon... I still think it would be pretty unique add, due to his shiftshaping abilities.

Fire Emblem
-Roy - BRING BACK ROY! Although Roy was just put in for promotional usage... he's become insanely popular with Smashers. It would be pretty cool to have him back, even if Ike's moreorless his replacement... But hey, if Ness and Lucas can work out together despite their similarities, why not?
-Lyndis - Though I'm not much of a Fire Emblem fan, ever since I learned about Lyn I've wanted her in as playable. There's just something about her that just screams playable, heh. She could also help boost the female roster...
-Mikaiah - Again, I don't know much of Fire Emblem... I just know that this femme fatale could help represent Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (and the female roster).

Other strange additions + 3rd Party
-Mega Man - Rivaling up with Sonic as another popular 3rd party choice, Capcom's Mega Man has the potential to be one of the Smash world's more unique characters, with the ability to copy defeated opponents abilites and whatnot... and perhaps bring along an Assist Trophy or two (Bass, Protoman, etc.)
-Geno - Very popular amongst Super Mario RPG fans (if you've played Super Mario RPG, he's in a lot of their parties), and was also highly wanted to be in Brawl... I'm sure the Smash team could make him work, if they could get him in some how...
-NiGHTS - Just a personal favorite of mine, heh heh.
-Wart - What's with this guy? Why hasn't Nintendo brought him back countless times to be abused in party games or crash in kart races? Is it because he was from that Doki Doki Panic game, or...? Still, I've always been fond of Wart returning some day... Why not as a Smasher? Why not?

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see the ability to move music tracks onto other levels, if not in general, then at least set it up so final and battlefield have open slots, cause theres so much awesome music in brawl that you'll never hear, and all the tourney neutrals have okay music at best.

character wise: I really don't see the big deal with clones, I would love to just have as many characters as possible, they didn't bother me at all in melee, and the only bad one in brawl is ganon. Its like they never beat twilight princess... that battle was so epic, and I thought for sure they would create a whole new ganon off of it.

most of the requested characters would be awesome: megaman, geno, ridley, pretty much any more kongs or racers from f zero would be cool, my personal not gonna happen character has always been banjo kazooie. and seriously, Lanky Kong... random character from one game, but so awesome...

engine wise: I'd definitely prefer a brawl like game sped up a bit, and with some hitstun. I think if brawl was just faster across the board most people wouldn't complain, and some real combo possibilities would be cool, but I've been thrown to a knee enough times for one lifetime, so not too much hitstun.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem

Golden Sun

The World Ends with You

Star Fox

Tales of ____

Other
Three new Fire Emblem chars might be too much.

Two Golden Sun characters would be great, but I would think only Isaac makes the cut.

Never played The World Ends With You but I would be shocked if they added one, let alone two.

Krystal would definitely not be a Fox clone, she is a lot more mystical.

Tales - Lloyd would be great but I don't see him making it in, let alone him and Collette.

Geno - I would instantly main him even if he was absolute garbage tier.

Miis - Only if they suck.

Dr. Death

Smash Rookie
*Note: Nothing against Sonic or Snake, but I feel that 3rd party factions shouldn't have more than one character from their series... What Sakurai did with implementing Shadow as an Assist Trophy or Tails, Knuckles and Silver as background goodies is more of what I would prefer. That's just my cup of tea. :)

Glad someone shares my ideas

Smashed11

Smash Cadet
in stage builder you can put trophies in back-ground as art... or, for some, they can interact with the stage.

What do you think of that?

BrawlTilDawn309

Smash Cadet
As for 3rd party characters, who would be up for Master Cheif, Altair (Assassin's Creed), Then mix it up a bit with Sephiroth, Sora (Donald and Goofy if desired) and like Megaman, Knuckles and Tails, Shadow with his guns from his individual game, Then Mii's! Have them attack you with tennis racket, bowling balls, boxing gloves, golf club, baseball bats (all from wii sports) then like throw hula hoops from Wii Fit. lol

My personal pick If i could only have one of the characters i said, I would choose Sephiroth hands down. He'd be sick.

Any more suggestions?

As for 3rd party characters, who would be up for Master Cheif, Altair (Assassin's Creed), Then mix it up a bit with Sephiroth, Sora (Donald and Goofy if desired) and like Megaman, Knuckles and Tails, Shadow with his guns from his individual game, Then Mii's! Have them attack you with tennis racket, bowling balls, boxing gloves, golf club, baseball bats (all from wii sports) then like throw hula hoops from Wii Fit. lol

My personal pick If i could only have one of the characters i said, I would choose Sephiroth hands down. He'd be sick.

Any more suggestions?
i like most suggestions, but as far as i know master chief and altair have not been on a nintendo system. And i remeber hearing when snake was first announced that any other 3rd party characters would have to have appeared on a nintendo system at some point. I don't know if this is true, or if it will hold true for smash 4 but just a thought.

BrawlTilDawn309

Smash Cadet
i like most suggestions, but as far as i know master chief and altair have not been on a nintendo system. And i remeber hearing when snake was first announced that any other 3rd party characters would have to have appeared on a nintendo system at some point. I don't know if this is true, or if it will hold true for smash 4 but just a thought.
hmm... i never heard that, but altair was on the DS. Master cheif tho............I hope they dont go with that tho. I heard that Sakurai said that Snake and Sonic were the only 2 third party characters whose producers showed an interest in having them in Brawl. No other 3rd party characters.

But I swear if Sora, Sephiroth, Master Cheif and Altair arent in Riot (my name for SSB4, which i think is catchy) i will be so mad! it is a perfect opportunity to get the names of 3rd party characters out to the world again. like, KH3 is rumored to be coming soon. (I heard someone call it Kingdom Hearts ThWii because its rumored to come out for the wii, lol) Like we havent seen much of Sephiroth or Sora for ages. Get them going again!

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
Add the Prince from Prince of Persia (Sands of Time, of course), NiGHTS, Juno/Vela of Jet Force Gemini, Shaman from Populous: The Beginning, Sub-Zero, Earthworm Jim for ****s and giggles, and replace TL with Midna.

Oh, and give Link the Ball & Chain.

EDIT: Oh, and it's going to be called Super Smash Brothers Pokemon Genocide and will be rated M for Mature.

\

EDIT: Oh, and it's going to be called Super Smash Brothers Pokemon Genocide and will be rated M for Mature.
most of the game will consist of link and the other swordsfolk taking turns cutting the heads off of pokemon.

the rest will be snake snapping the necks of the other pokemon

but seriously i would love to see baby mario and luigi as a tag-team in the next smash. I think they would make a great team and could use their moves from "mario and luigi: partners in time"

Espio64

Smash Rookie
Every time I try to put together some type of mock roster I think about how Paper Mario would be. Recently I thought though wouldn't it be cool if instead of paper mario as a character wouldn't it be freakin' sweet if there was instead a paper mario stage that makes your character a paper character. This would mean playing as Mario, Luigi, Peach or Bowser wouldn't be all that great, but think about Paper Meta knight, Paper Ike, Paper Fox, paper Mewtwo! It'd be kinda like how the characters turn flat on Game and Watch's stage. I just think that would be kinda neat. My first hope for a possible Smash Sequel.

Oh and this is completely unrelated to all the previous posts about Snake and the pokemon genocide.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
alternative COSTUMES
drmario to mario
to fire red pt emerald pt(lol)
mewtwo to lucario
roy to marth
young link to toon link
samus to dark samus(dark samus will not transform to zamus)
ganon to windwaker ganon

KB001

Smash Rookie
I do not believe Sakurai should make SSB4
Note I believe Brawl is a fantastic game, though it is pointless to say since most people will ignore this sentence and tell me to go back to Melee. I believe Brawl is better than Melee, but it missed the mark on how good it could have been.

Sakurai definitely made some questionable calls in Brawl, and I don't really agree with his philosophy - especially when it comes to online. While I wholeheartedly agree that Smash should be played among a groups of friends, I do not agree that certain levels of depth - in some areas - should be sacrificed in order to keep it more casual.

I refer to tripping and hitstun mostly. Tripping could have been a cool idea if it was kept as a side effect of some characters moves and banana peels. But inexplicably all characters are as clumsy running as a prepubescent on ritalin. The reduction of hit stun leads to the reduction of combos, which ultimately leads to a reductions of some depth.

The Online is poorly implemented, but to comment any further would be to beat a bloody mass that used to be a dead horse.

Character selection is something that has been stated that Sakurai did almost exclusively on his own. I believe that is the wrong way to pick the characters for Smash. The "forbidden 7" the characters alleged to be found on the debug menu, if true, are evidence that Sakurai's character choice are somewhat lacking (I'm looking at you Toon Zelda and Plusle/Minun) and that fresh ideas and blood might be just what the doctor ordered for SSB4.

If you find this tl;dr, start here.

I'm not saying that Sakurai completely screwed up Brawl. Rather I am saying that he might be a little too close to the project and is not seeing it from a gamer's point of view. We need someone who will view Smash from the perspective of what the gamers want (in reason of course)

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
alternative COSTUMES
drmario to mario
mewtwo to lucario
roy to marth
young link to toon link
ganon to windwaker ganon
I don't think Mewtwo/Lucario would work. First of all, Mewtwo and Lucario have very differnt moves. They only share one special move: Neutral B. Second of all, Mewtwo and Lucario have very different stats. Also, Mewtwo is larger than Lucario, which makes Lucario harder to hit than Mewtwo, giving him an advantage. I agree with some of the other alternative costumes that you suggested, (like Mario, PT, and Samus) but I think Mewtwo and Lucario is a stretch.

Fatalized

Smash Apprentice
Megaman X..A bunch of Fire emblem characters...Umm Shadow from STH would be nice.
Zero from megaman X n AxL. Goku or Vegeta would be kind of fun. Doing there specials :)
Umm who else...Sora. Roxas. Riku. Cloud. Vincent. Sephiroth. <---that would be the sickest thing ever!!

I would like to be able to play all the stages..Like the one where we battled Tabuu :)
And places like Shinra Building. I would like at least 50 playable characters..(i dont noe how they would fit that on the screen lol..unless they have like a second screen!!!)

Umm more specials would be nice to0. Like at least 4. The should call the game:

Super Smash Bros. Corruption

Or Redemption.

This would be the greatest game in the history of Gaming!

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
You guys have some really great ideas brewing up in this thread. I'm a big fan of adding Capcom characters in to the roster (I'm looking at you, Megaman and Dante). Also, a Smash meter that fills up with certain attacks sounds like a cool alternative for the smash ball.

I still say we should call it: Super Smash Bros. Party 8: The nubspace Emissary.

Ilex

Smash Ace
I would love for alternate characters costumes. They would have the same moves and stats, just a different character model. They could make Birdo as a Yoshi alternate costume, Shadow as one for Sonic, etc. This would be a good idea because clones could be alternate costumes and their roster spot could be given to a more original character.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
alternative COSTUMES
drmario to mario
mewtwo to lucario
roy to marth
young link to toon link
ganon to windwaker ganon
For the Dark Samus alt NOT to turn into Zamus... she'd have to be a completely different character, or she'd be out a final smash.

And Mewtwo and Lucario are much too different for this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom