• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Can I join the S.S.S I was a thread regular way back in the old 3000-5000 post counts I think. Along with Del, SiD, and Puffball. I haven't seen Del though and this is what he wanted for the longest of times.
Yeah man, Del has ditched SWF, he's on P2W sometimes, such as last night.

If you want to be in SSS, PM SonicMario.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Congratulations Sonic fans.

I had a feeling it his inclusion was inevitable. I've never liked him, and if you had talked to me before I started really posting on this forum (in July, don't let my join date deceive you!) I would have said he sucks and doesn't deserve to be in at all.

I've changed though, and I think I might actually find him as a fun character to use.

However, I don't really think he fits. Not as a character, but the way he looks just doesn't seem to fit in the background at all on the pictures. Maybe Sakurai's working to fix it?

Example:

It doesn't even look like his feet are touching the ground!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Obviously your just a Sonic hater and you didn't watch the video closely. I never heard of a down b special ever being jump down b/c that is just plain stupid like most of your post. Sonic's down B is most likely that kick we saw, up B is most likely the spring, FS will be a Super Sonic attack hopefully. Next time try to make sense when you disagree with others
the down B kick you claim... it looks more like that's an A button move... I think his spin dash could likely be his down b like it's been in all sonic games

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I did too. My friend thought he'd be a sticker and not playable (moron right?)
lol. the "stickers spot" is for wtf characters only
I belived in youuuuuuu........ i won mine at a fair (i can't tell u where it was cuz my mom says mic128 will **** me.)
lmao. mods don't **** people...
Why would they have a sticker of a copywrited character from another company if the character isn't in the game itself??
Yeah, speacially if it's sonic

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
To me sonic's little charging spin attack really closely resembles yoshi's and jig's rolling b's. With that in mind it comes to me that it is not at all unlikely that he doesn't have a useful (or negligable) recovery move. However, only time will tell with the release of his special moves.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It would be dumb and untraditional if down B wasnt spin dash. That goes against everything that is Sonic =/
agreed.... of course, jiggly is my main, so if spin dash is nuetral b, it would be good for me in the sense that it's similar to rollout and would be assigned to the same button... of course it has been performed while coruching (Down+B in this case) in every sonic game so it would be bad if it weren't in that sense.

so it's either: Continuity between characters or continuity between sonic games.... well... as long as it isn't his UP or SIDE plus B I'm satisfied I guess..... but I'd prefer Down+B

oh and, BTW, 1,288 users on line simultaneously..... biggest # so far

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Congratulations Sonic fans.

I had a feeling it his inclusion was inevitable. I've never liked him, and if you had talked to me before I started really posting on this forum (in July, don't let my join date deceive you!) I would have said he sucks and doesn't deserve to be in at all.

I've changed though, and I think I might actually find him as a fun character to use.

However, I don't really think he fits. Not as a character, but the way he looks just doesn't seem to fit in the background at all on the pictures. Maybe Sakurai's working to fix it?

Example:

It doesn't even look like his feet are touching the ground!
Haha, I think it just looks weird because we're not used to seeing Sonic in Brawl without having to be physically photoshopped in. Don't worry, it will sink in.

EDIT:
And that's just color contrast. Blue doesn't work very well against red/orange. (I guess art class in high school did teach me something... even if it is kind of a gay observation for a guy to have.)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
That kick from the sky down onto Donkey Kong seems almost like Captain Falcon's falcon kick, diagonally down. Doesn't it? lol Sonic is sick!

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I had a weird reaction when I saw sonic. I didn't want it to be true because, in all honesty, I kinda looked at the people asking for sonic as a bunch of crazed fan-boys with no lives (just being honest). But now that he's in I'm kind of excited. From what the video shows I think sonic has been executed perfectly and he's now a welcome addition to the cast. Now give me my midna!

EDIT: I would like to point out that Zamus has a kick exactly like the one sonic does in the air, you know that one that looks like falcon kick that people keep talking about.

LuCKy

Smash Master
WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOoOOOOOOoooOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sonic for brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
How do you follow up this update? I shouldn't even check tomorrow's update (impossible), because I know I'll be disappointed.

Looking forward to any Sonic-related music, items, and STAGES.

SiD

Smash Master
I've been thinking, maybe the kick is a B move. My theory: His Down B is the spindash, just like in the old games, but when used in the air it's that kick.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom