• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Again, I don't hate Sonic personally, but I've had bad experiences with very quick characters and the last thing I need is to be 5-stocked by some super tourney player who's made it his/her goal to totally master Sonic. The combos that sonic will probably be able to perform will be nothing less than...well, for lack of a better term broken.

I don't hate the Blue Blur.

I ph34r him.

Don't ph34r the reaper, son. Your death will be quick.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Again, I don't hate Sonic personally, but I've had bad experiences with very quick characters and the last thing I need is to be 5-stocked by some super tourney player who's made it his/her goal to totally master Sonic. The combos that sonic will probably be able to perform will be nothing less than...well, for lack of a better term broken.

I don't hate the Blue Blur.

I ph34r him.
Don't worry. I believe Mario can give Sonic a handful and even he won't be able to beat Fox.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Anouncer:
"Warning, A challenger aproches, Sonic the Hedgehog!
Sonic has entered the battle...
Sonic Fanatics have entered the battle...
Sonic Cultists have entered the battle...
Sonic Fans have entered the battle...
Sonic Haters have entered the battle..."

Player:
"...Why did my Wii just crash?"

Nintendo:
"Oh no! Sonic is too populer in Brawl!"

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Can I join the S.S.S I was a thread regular way back in the old 3000-5000 post counts I think. Along with Del, SiD, and Puffball. I haven't seen Del though and this is what he wanted for the longest of times.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
We're doomed. That's all it is plain and simple. I can see it now. Someone will make a combo that's even more broken than the waveshine and it'll be all over for those of us who don't utlize advanced techs. Casual players, you are screwed.

We have another Shiek.

:cry:

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
ok so this was the best update ever we got sonic conformation whihc is a big deal on its own but along with that we got two awesome vids, ! go sonic im so happy that they made his fs super sonic , man i cant wait till brawl comes out

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
If you're able to wavedash in Brawl, I think his would be somewhere around as effective and as difficult to master as Fox's in Melee.

Just a thought, no real backing for this assumption other than how quickly they both jump. And it also looks like they have about the same amount of traction, though Sonic may have less.

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
We're doomed. That's all it is plain and simple. I can see it now. Someone will make a combo that's even more broken than the waveshine and it'll be all over for those of us who don't utlize advanced techs. Casual players, you are screwed.

We have another Shiek.

:cry:
dont be so sure.......skill will make the difference and strategy i already know ways i see openings in sonics defences

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
And...there were so many things confirmed in the videos...torchic, dixie trophy, kyogre, maybe be the song "live and learn" from sonic adventure 2 battle...wichis an awesome song...

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
dont be so sure.......skill will make the difference and strategy
Quote: "Casual players you are doomed"

I'm sure the tourney folks who put hours into this game a day could deal with him, but your avarage joe like me or my mates will be totallly and completely owned.

Even more so than normal.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
finally a person speaking my language

SONIC AND MARIO ARE EVEN!!

sonic will not kill every single player it sees!! regardless of his speed...he has his flaws
LMAO

I love how we have seen two short vids of a few of his moves and you are already stating that him and Mario are even.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
LMAO

I love how we have seen two short vids of a few of his moves and you are already stating that him and Mario are even.
That's what he believes. His assumption doesn't equal fact. Besides, don't judge from videos too much. You may get screwed over in the end.

Zink

Smash Champion
I don't see why people are talking about Sonic's playability at all. We've seen, what, 15-20 seconds of gameplay and you're going to judge his tier on that? Relax.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm willing to bet every supporter was like this when they saw the update:

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
Quote: "Casual players you are doomed"

I'm sure the tourney folks who put hours into this game a day could deal with him, but your avarage joe like me or my mates will be totallly and completely owned.

Even more so than normal.
sure..sonic is fast...some people will maximize him.......hes not GOD!.....ill pratice day and night!

7-up

Smash Cadet
How good a character is relies soley on the one playing not the character itself.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
And...there were so many things confirmed in the videos...torchic, dixie trophy, kyogre, maybe be the song "live and learn" from sonic adventure 2 battle...wichis an awesome song...
And probably his final smash (at the end he turns into golden sonic)

darkshy

Smash Ace
You should have seen me and my friends at school this morning we were freaking OUT!!! I'm a tad concerned seeing as his combos do look deadly, but we'll have to wait and see.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
How good a character is relies soley on the one playing not the character itself.
Lies. Neo's a great Roy player, but Roy sucks. His recovery is the worst in the game, his F-smash is laggy and easily punishable, his sweetspot makes his sword attacks less effective, is lighter and is a garbage version of Marth. He remains low on the tier list for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom