• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Sonic will pwn, they wouldn't make him suck (they better not) the video explains enough to me that he'll be kicking @$$ and a lot of it.

dang: double posted my bad

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I've been thinking, maybe the kick is a B move. My theory: His Down B is the spindash, just like in the old games, but when used in the air it's that kick.

Thoughts?
Moves are the same whether performed in air or not. Does Mario kick or does something other that Mario Tornado win you do down b in air? No. Spin Dash is most likely b or over B, the kick is down b

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
i cant even stop watching the sonic trailer, i seriously must have watched it like 50 times so far, tomorrow will for sure show off some of sonic's moves in a more formal fashion

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've been thinking, maybe the kick is a B move. My theory: His Down B is the spindash, just like in the old games, but when used in the air it's that kick.

Thoughts?
it looks far more like an a move to me. I mean... who can know, but it looks like an A move.

Also, it appears that he can use a spindash tipe move that sends him groundward while in air... so either this is his real down+B and spindash is his B, or this move is a result of using Down+B in midair

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
To me sonic's little charging spin attack really closely resembles yoshi's and jig's rolling b's. With that in mind it comes to me that it is not at all unlikely that he doesn't have a useful (or negligable) recovery move. However, only time will tell with the release of his special moves.
Really? Reminds me a little more of jigglypuff's neutrel B

But thats just me, although, with the ones he did not charge, I see what you are saying.

He looks like the new captain falcon, no nipples, but fast; and hi moves seem to flow into one another.

I actually thought they would keep this 'till a little later, but thats sakurai for you...

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Lol now everyone thinks sonic is the best. Yeah he looks good, we will have to see soon where each charcter ends up in the tiers list. In the trailer did yal see in the beggening when metaknight attacked kirby? he did like 30% damage in one freaking move. I hope Metaknight doesnt turn out like a floating Marth and sonic like a fox jiggly.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Looking back on things, I seem to recall certain people posting with the brilliant point of "ALL HE DUZ IZ RUN FAST!!!1 XD"

And I giggle. I giggle with mirth.

I guess this must be, like, a millionth of what it must've felt like for the guy who was predicting/hoping for Red in Brawl.

Anyway, I now officially have one new character that I really WANT to play as in Brawl. Yes, Pit, Lucas, Metaknight, Pokemon Trainer. . . they're all neat. But I'm either not very familiar with them or don't really like them as characters. I love everything about Sonic.

Ahhh. . . glad that's out of my system.

P.S. Yeah, Meta Knight rampaged all over someone in that video. I'll take your word that it was Kirby, Smash_Champ. I was too busy with the Sonic buzz to notice.

SiD

Smash Master
it looks far more like an a move to me. I mean... who can know, but it looks like an A move.

Also, it appears that he can use a spindash tipe move that sends him groundward while in air... so either this is his real down+B and spindash is his B, or this move is a result of using Down+B in midair
I know what part your talking about, and I don't think he actually did it in the air, especially not sending him groundward.

But hopefully, we'll get his specials tonight, and we can stop wondering.

SiD

Smash Master
To add to what I said before, i'm pretty sure he just jumped, but his jump looks like a spindash, so that's why you may think that. But who really knows.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Really? Reminds me a little more of jigglypuff's neutrel B

But thats just me, although, with the ones he did not charge, I see what you are saying.

He looks like the new captain falcon, no nipples, but fast; and hi moves seem to flow into one another.

I actually thought they would keep this 'till a little later, but thats sakurai for you...
no... he packs far less punch than falcon (no pun intended)
he seems like a completely new and unique charcter actually.

I mean I know some characters have been based on their speed before (fox) but none like this. I'll bet you he's pretty slidy though... I mean he has to be with that speed, he's never been able to change direction quickly. Friction has always been more a suggestion than an actual force with him

To add to what I said before, i'm pretty sure he just jumped, but his jump looks like a spindash, so that's why you may think that. But who really knows.
makes complete sense actually, I'll bet he retains his forward momentum from the spindash and his nuetral air is probably just rolling into a ball

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
just a thought....if anyone here has played Sonic battle for the GBA, does it seem like he might fight similar to how he fights in that game? i've already seen a few things......and it looks godly

Betrayed

Smash Ace
I don't care where Sonic ends up on the tier list, I'll main him from the beginning and till the end.

If he's not a tournament worthy character, then I'll pick up on another good character for some situations.

But I know I'll main or semi-main Sonic all the time.

The only exception would be... if Shadow was in the game, AND his own character, I'd probably play him instead... Shadow fanboy lol

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
no... he packs far less punch than falcon (no pun intended)
he seems like a completely new and unique charcter actually.

I mean I know some characters have been based on their speed before (fox) but none like this. I'll bet you he's pretty slidy though... I mean he has to be with that speed, he's never been able to change direction quickly. Friction has always been more a suggestion than an actual force with him

makes complete sense actually, I'll bet he retains his forward momentum from the spindash and his nuetral air is probably just rolling into a ball
Expect lots of new styles of play in this game.

I loved the taunts on the other video, was peach singing? wth? its kind of weird and funny, lol you can do cooler taunts when you own your opponent. However there is still two important things we havent find out
1.Is there WD?
2.Can you turn off smash-balls--->
Im pretty sure you should be able too, the game looks like will have very versitile options.
Other than that i love Brawl right now.

-------------------------------OMG if Brawl is delayed after december 25 i will kill someone right now

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*runs out to his car, grabs his iPod, and starts jamming to old school Sonic tunes.*

Smooth Criminal
^^This is the best post in this entire thread.

Mostly because it made me picture Master Cheif chillin' in front of his computer, just kinda starin' at it, then bookin' outside to his car, stickin' in some head phones and boppin' his head to "LIVE AND LEARN! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!" (though, that's not exactly old school. But still)

P.S. PSIguy, I agree with you. It's been speculated that he'd get some moves from that game, and it certainly looks to be that way. That mid-air downward angled kick in particular looks close to a move Sonic did in Battle.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Today is the ultimate victory for Sonic fans on these forums. Even though they didn't necessarily help. They can say they Supported him from the beginning. I'd love to see the face of NeoSoul right now and give him one sonic style smirk.

Oh and i have an addition to my story from my 500th post

The blue hedgehog gasped. The light had stopped, he quickly jumped and he began to feel the warmth and the gentle fall into the light. He landed in a beautiful plain with a thud, quickly pulling him back together. He realized the run has taken a toll on his body. He decided to rest for a little while. Next morning, he wento to the rest of the already in characters. And they all gave a big congratulations to hm. Now the blue hedgehog finally felt it, he was in. They celebrated the whole night. And when it was time for rest. He couldn't help but think of the severel heroes that are still chasing it as much as he did. He hoped that some would make it in, but he knew that some will be on their knees in failure. But he quickly got off the subject. All he wanted to think about was this: Sonic made it into the Brawl Light, he has made the Super Smash Bros. legends. And was enjoying every second of it.

Now that Sonic is confirmed. We can really seriously talk on what else will be represented. Who has at least gained a little trust in Sega after today? I can just say that we are among the happiest on these forums. Just think about this SiD, SiegK, NRWC, and everyone else that supported him at the beginning. We will be looking back on this day as a ... personal holiday. Even if everyone else has stopped, we will still have some celebration in our hearts for a while now.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I wonder how Sonic's FS will operate......i can see it being controllable like Pikachus or Yoshi's

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Anyone saw the leaked character screen?
Sonic is shown to be a starting character along with Snake and some other characters.

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2007/10/10/cb5ddbb739787949d2b4f9b5215a2d94_1.html
this pic looks fake:
a) that bottom row is effed up seriously
b) the pictures just happen to be exactly like the pictures on the brawl website... odd you know considering that their character select sprites haven't matched their official artwork in any super smash yet.
c) there is something going terribly wrong with fox's box

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Today is the ultimate victory for Sonic fans on these forums. Even though they didn't necessarily help. They can say they Supported him from the beginning. I'd love to see the face of NeoSoul right now and give him one sonic style smirk.

Oh and i have an addition to my story from my 500th post

The blue hedgehog gasped. The light had stopped, he quickly jumped and he began to feel the warmth and the gentle fall into the light. He landed in a beautiful plain with a thud, quickly pulling him back together. He realized the run has taken a toll on his body. He decided to rest for a little while. Next morning, he wento to the rest of the already in characters. And they all gave a big congratulations to hm. Now the blue hedgehog finally felt it, he was in. They celebrated the whole night. And when it was time for rest. He couldn't help but think of the severel heroes that are still chasing it as much as he did. He hoped that some would make it in, but he knew that some will be on their knees in failure. But he quickly got off the subject. All he wanted to think about was this: Sonic made it into the Brawl Light, he has made the Super Smash Bros. legends. And was enjoying every second of it.

Now that Sonic is confirmed. We can really seriously talk on what else will be represented. Who has at least gained a little trust in Sega after today? I can just say that we are among the happiest on these forums. Just think about this SiD, SiegK, NRWC, and everyone else that supported him at the beginning. We will be looking back on this day as a ... personal holiday. Even if everyone else has stopped, we will still have some celebration in our hearts for a while now.
Hell yes. Words cannot express the high I'm on. Sonic is my anti-drug.

Happy day, Sonic lovers.

P.S. Amazing way to finish that little story.

SiD

Smash Master
Nice finish, SonicMario, that's awesome.

And so yah, anyone else think that voice sounds like Ryan Drummond, the voice actor from the Adventure games? I think it did, which is awesome if it's true, cause then maybe he'll keep being Sonic's voice actor instead of that horrible other guy. Sega getting smarter maybe? Eh??

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Anyone saw the leaked character screen?
Sonic is shown to be a starting character along with Snake and some other characters.

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2007/10/10/cb5ddbb739787949d2b4f9b5215a2d94_1.html
Is that real? from that character screen i count that there is space for 12 more characters. I dont think thats the final one though, they are missing Zelda(they dont want to show if sheik is there), the pokemon trainer, wario, Lucas, Snake, Ice climbers,and i think im missing someone else..... Lol i dont think they want you to even guess the number of characters in brawl. If that was the real screen then we would end up with 26 characters again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom