• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I just want to give a shout out to all the Sonic supporters that stood by the Blue Blur from the beginning. I was thinking we wouldn't find out if Sonic was in Brawl until we unlocked all the other characters, but as you know today is a glorious day and we can relax, victorious.

Seeing Sonic kicking tail brings back found memories. Its because of Sega, not Nintendo, that I'm a gamer, and I'm glad to see Sonic in Brawl. Here's hoping he's both balanced and awesome ;)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I just want to give a shout out to all the Sonic supporters that stood by the Blue Blur from the beginning. I was thinking we wouldn't find out if Sonic was in Brawl until we unlocked all the other characters, but as you know today is a glorious day and we can relax, victorious.

Seeing Sonic kicking tail brings back found memories. Its because of Sega, not Nintendo, that I'm a gamer, and I'm glad to see Sonic in Brawl. Here's hoping he's both balanced and awesome ;)
Totally agree. Been a Sonic fan since Sonic the Hedgehog 1 on the Sega Mega Drive :chuckle:

I really loved the retro Sonic, but I just don't see the greatness of his new games. For me, the last good Sonic game was SA2:B. But this will be awesome, coz they don't have to put in mindless other crap characters (Cream, Big, any other moronic additions to the cast), and we can just play as Sonic, but against all our fav Smash chars too!

Betrayed

Smash Ace
So, who else is going to MAIN Sonic when the game comes out? Before they know his style, his placement on the tier list, his speed and moves and everything...

Who's dedicating him as a main, RIGHT NOW?

I am~

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
I still haven't digested the fact that Sonic is actually in the game, it's like a great dream everytime I visit the Dojo.

I've watched the video like 20 times, no lie.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I literally screamed "OH MY GOD" when I saw him on the site.
And I screamed it a few more times while I was watching the movie.
I'm glad Sonic is in Brawl. He's a great addition.

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
At Sora.ltd playing a test copy of Brawl.
I am happy. I saw it coming but I am happy. I wanna know what the song title is in the Sonic Intro video. Does anybody know it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kytuRo7YXzw#V5r_XjZiqHc
It's this one.
=/
Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the gamecube, and maybe the original Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast although I'm not 100% sure 'cause I've never played that one.

Black/Light

Smash Master
So, who else is going to MAIN Sonic when the game comes out? Before they know his style, his placement on the tier list, his speed and moves and everything...

Who's dedicating him as a main, RIGHT NOW?

I am~
Well, I don't care about teir list but from what I have seen of him he will be one of me "play around" characters.

He is Effing FAST and Falco speed is the fastest I can control in melee effectively. But he looks fun and I have always wanted him to be in Smash so Im sure I will rotate him around in my smashing.;)

I hope we can upload music onto it like with excite truck. "Seven Rings In Hand" is soo tight, I put it on my MP3 player! (I was hoping Sonic Wii would have been the focus of his character but I guess not)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Crush 40 is the band (and my favorite band). And BTW, it IS also the main theme for Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast); the GameCube version of both Adventure games are almost exact remakes.

And yeah, SONIC WILL BE ONE OF MY MAINS!!! I will not take back those words.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Im sure A LOT of ppl are going at least main Sonic for a little while. I know i will. He looks to be fast strong, and good combing ability.

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
Crush 40 is the band (and my favorite band). And BTW, it IS also the main theme for Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast); the GameCube version of both Adventure games are also exact remakes.

And yeah, SONIC WILL BE ONE OF MY MAINS!!! I will not take back those words.

Johny Goeilli's an awesome singer. you heard Axel Rudi Pell? :D They're even better.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I was just going through the trailer and I was analysing Sonic's moves, and other things

it seems, his down air is a kick towards the ground

his trademark move, the spin dash, is a B move, and it also seems that you can jump while spindashing, and recharge it mid air (refremce to the part where Sonic is fighting primids in the tunnel)

he seems to be bouncing off a spring in the delfino plaza stage. this could be his recovery or the spring could be a new item

the warp star is reconfirmed as an item.

Sonic and Mario will have a team up session during subspace (unless of course, you can choose any character for the co-op modes)

Sonic's final smash seems to be super sonic (although, I expect you guys know about that by now)

Subspace will have new eye fish enemies

primid enemies seem to have different colours rather than their starting purple and black, this could be a ranking system)

just stuff I thought would be worth mentioning

Mooplet

Smash Journeyman
i love how everyone says (on a lot of threads) that they'll main a new character.

*starts up game*
*chooses sonic*
YEAH HES GONNA ROCK
*sonic is the new G&W of brawl*
ooooooooohhhhhhh snappppp.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Lol, the boards shut down for a minute because there was too much ppl on. Sonic is drawing everybody in.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
WOO forum crashed again. ITS FREAKING SONIC THEY CONFIRMED TODAY :). I wondered everyday to get this update. I'm so freaking happy. Now all those people who said Sonic doesn't have a chance in Brawl can suck something. The Sonic Adventure 2 song with the video was amazing. Now to only hope smash isn't delayed, cause if you haven't noticed already the date was changed to "TBD" :(

O Yea I read that post earlier....I am dedicating my new main as Sonic weather he sucks or not.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
...I'm excited

but seriously this is amazing. But not amazing enough to swear enough to get yourself into hell. c'mon. But yes I'm finally gettting around to posting. Start up copmuter at six in the morning *go to smash boards* "Oh hey a character update on a Wednesday...wierd. *scrolls down*...*blink*...*blink blink* 'whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAT! Holy ****! My jaw didn't drop, some supernatural force slowly pulled it open.

I didnt notice the delayed release though D: I predicting there are going to be thousands of video on youtube now, go "OOOOOOOH duel of fates! Sonic V. Mario!" Definitely not spamerific.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i love how everyone says (on a lot of threads) that they'll main a new character.

*starts up game*
*chooses sonic*
YEAH HES GONNA ROCK
*sonic is the new G&W of brawl*
ooooooooohhhhhhh snappppp.
I don't know about other people, but if Sonic does turn out to be low tier (which I don't see happening), then he'll be my low tier tourny character (but I'll still try to use him in regular tournies).

Anyway, here's my idea of what his Final Smash should be:
Turns into Super Sonic (obviously). He takes no damage when hit, but still gets stunned/knockbacked from attacks (sort of like how in his games, he can still be hit, but doesn't lose rings). His movements, attacks (including any projectiles/items he throws/shoots) will move at regular speed, while EVERYTHING else moves at half-speed while he's Super Sonic. It's the ultimate Chaos Control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom