• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
rofl hes like an anrgy emo......we should get back on topic shouldn't we before sonic team reads this and doesnt put sonic in SSBB because we made fun of Shadow but then again hes not Sonic hes just sonics depressed friend

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Regarding how sonic should be, this is how I'd view it:

ON GROUND:
Neutral A: jab

Combo Neutral A: jab, kick, uppercut (sorta does half uppercut and sends opponent up instead of side)

Tilt A: one-handstand spin kick

Uptilt A: backflips

Downtilt A: lightning sweep with one foot(like falco's cept less powerful and more horizontal knockback)

Neutral B: HE THROWS RINGS...cept when they hit opponent, they lower them one percent, and gives sonic that one percent. (gotta be falco laser speed cuz otherwise too cheap) and no stun

Dash A: slides like mario but gets back up and keeps momentum

Smash B: light speed dash (like fox n falco's cept keeps running after attack)

Down B: spindash charge (we all know this one)

Up B: curl jump (curls up and jumps but does damage to anyone around like Samus but not as strong and covers more distance)

Smash Left/Right: fire tackle mentioned in first post

smash up: does vertical handstand and kicks straight up

smash down: mario/luigi like breakdance kick

Sidestep: spins around

IN AIR:

Nair: average old sex kick

Fair: spin kick w/ knockback like fox in 64

Bair: double-kick backwards w/ small fire stun animation when one or both hit.

Dair: tilts body w/ head towards ground and spike punches down.

neutral b
: throws rings

smash b: lightspeed dash

up b: curl jump (goes straight up but can DI anytime)

down b: semi-instant spindash (can aim like mewtwo's up b; can knock an opponent and be sent diagonally away, but can use again.

air dodge: does spining flip

OTHERS:

Grab: hold them with one hand and knee them

up throw: punch up like Falcon
front throw: jump kick opponent horizontally
back throw: throw them over his head
down throw: fast track (throws down and runs really fast on top of them making army tank type treads)

Notes:
I don't think Sonic should be a fastfaller just cuz he's "fast" cuz he is more of a slower faller especailly in the older sonic games. He should probably be as fast as Mario goin down, but he should be pretty light and thus easy to kill at a lower percentage. His taunt should definitely be him with crossed arms tapping his shoes. His Super smash should be a little different. It should turn him into Super Sonic and give him ulitmate power and speed for like 10-15 seconds. Ability to fly wouldn't hurt as well.
I like Kaid's original moveset, but I think this one would be a bit cooler and don't forget that you don't need to include every possible move in every single game.

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol ive seen a couple ideas of a sonic move set so i think m gonna make one just for fun but later
cuz im sort of tired but i think people will like it i have a very good imagenation:)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Because those goofy looking shoes in SA2 were a pair of Soap brand shoes, and he wore them to fulfill some sort of business deal. Advertising, basically.
Are you kidding me?! Those sneakers were the best that he has ever worn, not those stupid pointy sneakers that he bought from the Station Square Dollar General or Payless.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Are you kidding me?! Those sneakers were the best that he has ever worn, not those stupid pointy sneakers that he bought from the Station Square Dollar General or Payless.
dam shade,sonics gona kill you for that on.

At who ever was talking about shoose,we have never seen his 2D shooes in 3D,we've only seen the soap shooes

I wish smashboards had spell check,i seen many errors

Sandy

Smash Champion
Normal

Power: 3
Defense: 3
Weight: 3
Height: 3
Reach: 3
Endurance: 2
Jump Height: 3
Mid-air Jump: 3
Mid-air Drop: 4
Mid-air Speed: 4
Ground Speed: 5
Dash Speed: 5
Recovery: 4

Super Sonic

Power: 5
Defense: 5
Weight: 3
Height: 3
Reach: 3
Endurance: 1
Jump Height: 3
Mid-air Jump: 3
Mid-air Drop: 4
Mid-air Speed: 4
Ground Speed: 5
Dash Speed: 5
Recovery: 4

Standard Ground Attacks

A: Punch (1%-2% damage)
A+A: Punch (1%-2% damage)
A+A+A: Kick (3%-5% damage)
>+A: Kick (3%-5% damage)
/\+A: High Punch (3%-5% damage)
\/+A: Low Kick (3%-5% damage)
Smash >+A: Strong Kick (8%-14% damage)
Smash /\+A: Headbutt (8%-12% damage)
Smash \/+A: Spin Attack (variable damage)
Dash >+A: Slide (3%-5% damage)

Standard Aerial Attacks

A: Spin Attack (6%-8% damage)
>+A: Forward Kick (8%-10% damage)
<+A: Reverse Kick (8%-10% damage)
/\+A: Upper Kick (5%-8% damage)
\/+A: Spin Attack (variable damage)

Special Attacks

B: Homing Attack (6%-9% damage)
Smash >+B: Spin Dash (8%-15% damage)
/\+B: Chaos Control (does no damage)
\/+B: Super Sonic (does no damage)

Note: Sonic must take over 100% damage if he wants to become Super Sonic.

Grabs & Throws

A: Headbutt (1%-3% damage)
>: Spin Toss (7%-11% damage)
<: Reverse Spin Toss (7%-11% damage)
/\: Tornado Toss (5%-11% damage)
\/: Slam (5%-8% damage)

Brawl Move

Super Sonic Twister (80% damage)

Sonic creates a large tornado that'll cause severe damage on everyone caught in the twister.

Other Information

Sonic's Chaos Control works similar to Zelda's Farore's Wind. The move teleports him to the direction you're tilting the Control Stick.

If Sonic turns into Super Sonic, he'll no longer take any more damage. However, he can still be knocked back by a foe's attack. You'll remain as Super Sonic for 1 minute. Once you revert back to normal Sonic, your damage will be cut in half (Ex.: 100% -> 50%). Also, Super Sonic's attacks have a stronger impact on opponents.

fuzzymoochicken

Smash Rookie
Jeebus, the Super Sonic move is waaaay overpowered... all you'd have to do is use it on 0% and you're guaranteed victory. @_@

On an unrelated note, here's hoping for Tails in Brawl rather than Sonic! ^__^

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Nah super sonic rocks but what if they put in dark super sonic and Darkspine Sonic. that would rock.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
lol, wrath, you're calling them noobs when you used the word " shoose"

kill me.

SonicFTWBBQ

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
um the only reason im a noob i have several sites i have to monitor everyday. i just come on here every now and then to see what you guys say.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
im not a n00b just to the forums ive been playing smash since release date and still play it and host tourneys around my neighborhood i just never use the internet a lot

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Some of these movesets have pretty sound ideas, but I'd love to see what Sakurai would do with Sonic. I would sacrifice a hundred virgins if it means Sonic in Brawl. XD

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Some of these movesets have pretty sound ideas, but I'd love to see what Sakurai would do with Sonic. I would sacrifice a hundred virgins if it means Sonic in Brawl. XD
Haha good thin you won't really have to cuz most likely he's gonna be put in.

I mean I could understand why he din't put sonic in melee. It was still reserved for Nintendo only characters. However, when I saw Solid Snake, I knew right off the bat that sonic has a better than good chance to be in.

I don't really know the programming stages or nethin, but u guys know if in the thinktank they're done with the characters and workin on the physics engine or what u guys think is happenin. I would really be surprised if they do the characters sporadically cuz organizationally that don't make sense right?

Neways, I really hope Sonic is in Brawl. I will completely officially switch over from luigi to sonic in the new one.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Well, this started as a purely official Sonic thread but has deviated several times into related discussions, so I might as well sum up all my opinions in this post.

Should Sonic be in Brawl?
Hellz yeah. That whole EGM article about killing 20 in the Cruel melee led to much frustration for me, especially since I fell for it so quickly. I'll admit while I have moderately enjoyed most of the 3D Sonic games (with the exception of Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes), the 2D ones were definitely better. But still, despite the fact that the 3D games were mediocre, it opens up more possibilities for a moveset. Solid freakin' Snake made it in, why not Sonic?

Should Shadow/Knuckles/Tails/Silver be in as well?
No. No, no, a thousand times no. It's not that I don't like these characters, I do (except for Silver...), it's just that Sakurai himself has said that there will only be 2-3 3rd party characters in this game. Snake is confirmed from Konami, if Sonic is in he will be the ONLY one from Sega, and the third spot will go to another company, like perhaps Capcom? (Megaman X FTW!):bigthumbu

Who would win in a fight, Mario or Sonic?
That can't be decided in a game like Smash Bros. Mario fans will use Mario and win with Mario. Sonic fans will use Sonic and win with Sonic. It's a simple as that, this is not a sure fire way to determine this, and I doubt it will ever be decided. This is one of those eternal battle things that never ends, and thank god for it too.:grin:

"But Cenedar, Sonic doesn't fit with the other characters!"
Bull****. And Solid Snake does? I personally think Sonic is a much better fit to the formula than Snake ever was, but lo and behold, Snake is in and confirmed. Sonic is a perfect fit with the other characters, despite being third party.

"Sonic shouldn't be in because Mario will kick his ***!"
Ummm.... read my above statement about the ongoing war. Besides, while everyone is arguing about it and giving themselves headaches, I'll be using Mario AND Sonic on the same team, EVERYONE WINS!

"Sonic's games suck ***!"
I'll admit, his 3D games do indeed stink of mediocrity. But that doesn't mean he hasn't had good games. Case in point, Sonic 2 and 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic and the Secret Rings (not perfect, but definitely going in the right direction), and Sonic Rush.

"I won't buy Smash Bros. if that little punk is in the game!":laugh:
Okay... your loss. While I think not buying the game solely because a certain character is in is the most ridiculously ******** idea I've ever heard, it's no skin off my back. That's just one more copy for the rest of us who won't ***** and complain about ONE character being in. If you honestly won't buy it just because of that, then you don't deserve to have it.

And there you go, all my opinions summed in one post. Oh, and as a side note, kaid, I like your moveset quite a bit. Way to go.

PS: I apologize if this does make anyone angry, it was not my intent to do so. Also I apologize for the length, I just don't want to be accused of spamming. i rather like being on these boards, i wouldn't want to **** up my chances of staying lol.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
My off the top of my head reasons Sonic Should be in Brawl

A- The controversy will be through the roof. Controversy creates cash. Imagine all the heads turned, and media that will explode when "Sonic VS Mario" is actually possible.

B- Sonic has a HUGE fanbase......and statistically, i'm pretty sure he's the most wanted. To sell games, you have to please the fan's

C- It would be to Sega's advantage to include Sonic They'll be representing themselves in what will be a major top selling game

D- If he isn't in it, there will be a flaming riot in Nintendo's hands. I mean, so many are already expecting him to be included and the "hype" is phenominal

E- The Wii is having such great success already, if they were ever going to release Sonic in a game like this, the time is right

F- bescause I said so!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
My off the top of my head reasons Sonic Should be in Brawl

A- The controversy will be through the roof. Controversy creates cash. Imagine all the heads turned, and media that will explode when "Sonic VS Mario" is actually possible.

B- Sonic has a HUGE fanbase......and statistically, i'm pretty sure he's the most wanted. To sell games, you have to please the fan's

C- It would be to Sega's advantage to include Sonic They'll be representing themselves in what will be a major top selling game

D- If he isn't in it, there will be a flaming riot in Nintendo's hands. I mean, so many are already expecting him to be included and the "hype" is phenominal

E- The Wii is having such great success already, if they were ever going to release Sonic in a game like this, the time is right

F- bescause I said so!
Understanding that is as easy as 1, 2, 3! :p

But seriously, those are good reasons, though I'd love to see someone point out problems with those reasons (except for the finaly one, that is).

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
those are great reasons i dont care much for the Mario vs Sonic thing they never appeared rivals to me but with the Sonic game that came out for Wii not to long ago and the Mario and Sonic go to the olympics thing i really think Sonic has a good chance indeed. I mean Solid Snake for real hes cool and all but its weird seeing him kick little Kirby or Pikachu in the face. Sonic really does look like he fits in. Also imagine how p***** some of us will be not to see Sonic there it'll make me mad cause i tried that stupid cruel melee thing. :(

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Hey, why does he have to kick kirby in the face?
Anyway, Good reasons Dain. It would be too they're advantage to put sonic in brawl. I also agree that any of Sonic's "friends" should stay out of the game. Sonic is the representive, only he should be put in.

phate

Smash Apprentice
"Sonic's games suck ***!"
I'll admit, his 3D games do indeed stink of mediocrity. But that doesn't mean he hasn't had good games. Case in point, Sonic 2 and 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic and the Secret Rings (not perfect, but definitely going in the right direction), and Sonic Rush.
Actually, the recent failures (xbox360 sonic, shadow, sonic riders) have blocked out the greater ones. Sonic adventure dx wasn't too hot with the critics, yet that was just because there weren't 73h u83r 1337n355 added features and it, like SA2B, was more of a port. But besides that, those games were great and there was a ton of more depth than what met peoples eyes. Figuring out short cuts and doing speed runs added a ton of replay value and competition. Sonic went downhill, but some of the newer games are starting to get good again.

Anyway, sonic has been compared to mario so much that they are finally making a game with both characters in it. So I don't see why he shouldn't be in super smash bros, especially with all the fans sonic has.

Also I would like to say thats a really creative movelist.

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing Sonic since 1991, the only characters I see that fit for brawl would be Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Metal sonic and Amy could possibly qualify, but Shadow and Silver? You have all seen the fake pictures right? Also, what about Sonic's moves from Sonic battle? Could any of those be included in brawl such as his "spike"?

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
i dont want sonic in. I will complain if he gets in (which he probably will, so im getting rdy to complain, lol) but nothing short of the apocalypse 9if even that) will stop me from buying this game when it comes out.

smash bros forever!

phate

Smash Apprentice
i dont want sonic in. I will complain if he gets in (which he probably will, so im getting rdy to complain, lol) but nothing short of the apocalypse 9if even that) will stop me from buying this game when it comes out.

smash bros forever!
Why exactly do you not want sonic in?

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
I've played every one of his games ever made (Feel free to call me a sonic no life >_>) and Sonic Battle seemed to give him some interesting fighting moves. For the people who have not played Sonic Battle I suggest you youtube it just to see what I mean. I'm not saying that every single one of his moves is going to be from Sonic Battle IF he does make it into Brawl. I'm just saying that probably half of them will be from Battle since they are Super Smash Bros. type material.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I've played every one of his games ever made (Feel free to call me a sonic no life >_>) and Sonic Battle seemed to give him some interesting fighting moves. For the people who have not played Sonic Battle I suggest you youtube it just to see what I mean. I'm not saying that every single one of his moves is going to be from Sonic Battle IF he does make it into Brawl. I'm just saying that probably half of them will be from Battle since they are Super Smash Bros. type material.
Sonic Battle wan't that good. In fact, the only Sonic game worth a look since Adventure on DC was Rush.

...And maybe Secret Rings.

Koarin: People (and me, kind of but not really) don't want Sonic in because over the last ten years, the only people who've bought his games are idiot 13 year old boys who think Sonic is "t3h hax" and Sonic nerds who think Sonic is "t3h epic win". Basically, his games suck, and all of his tagalongs and plotlines have somehow managed to get more and more ridiculaous and badly written with each new game. But the Genesis games rock, so I vote 'for'.

EDIT - And added to that are people like me who feel terrifically betrayed by Sonic Team for turning the blue blur from a cool hero to a "XTREME-AIRSURFING-KILL-THE-BLACK-ALIENS-****-****-SHADOW-ANGST" idiot.

len1

Smash Journeyman
The 3D games up until Secret Rings were bad but i still liked them them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom