• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
I think it's just an april fools joke...maybe it's there way of revealing a new character for brawl...or i could be wrong and this game is really gonna happen i just don't know

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
new news: there is now a 98% chance sonics going to be in the new smash bros. why just yesterday Attack of the show annouced a new game called olympic smash. and it will have all the games of this years olympic games and will pit mario and crew against sonic and crew. and is due by the end of this year by the end of this year for Ds and wii.

this now gives conformation sega and nintendo are using their characters together so this is looking good for smash bros

Stryks

Smash Hero
new news: there is now a 98% chance sonics going to be in the new smash bros. why just yesterday Attack of the show annouced a new game called olympic smash. and it will have all the games of this years olympic games and will pit mario and crew against sonic and crew. and is due by the end of this year by the end of this year for Ds and wii.

this now gives conformation sega and nintendo are using their characters together so this is looking good for smash bros
Wow OMG weve been talking about this for the last 3 pages this is so new!! and wow u totally renamed the game to olimpic smash!! [/Sarcasm]

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
But have you guys checked out the new update on the news???
When the guys on IGN ask the inevitable question again:

"IGN: Does this pave the way for Sonic and Mario starring together in other games?

Laurent Fischer: We've spent a long time finalising this one and we're not thinking about the next game, just yet. The Olympics just seemed like the right way to bring them together.

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment."

That kinda changes my expectations of Sonic.
You can see the rest of the update here:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
But have you guys checked out the new update on the news???
When the guys on IGN ask the inevitable question again:

"IGN: Does this pave the way for Sonic and Mario starring together in other games?

Laurent Fischer: We've spent a long time finalising this one and we're not thinking about the next game, just yet. The Olympics just seemed like the right way to bring them together.

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment."

That kinda changes my expectations of Sonic.
You can see the rest of the update here:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html
...So... Sonic is for sure?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
All that little snippet proves is that whoever was being interviewed was clearly irritated that people keep asking about Smash Bros instead of the game the interview was supposed to be about. He doesn't want to talk about SSBB because they're supposed to be asking about M&SatOG.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't sound good. We don't know just when brawl is coming out, but they're probably finishing up the charater roster by now. If Sonic isn't 'in the cards' right now, he probably won't be in time for brawl. I'll go on hoping though.

edit:
All that little snippet proves is that whoever was being interviewed was clearly irritated that people keep asking about Smash Bros instead of the game the interview was supposed to be about. He doesn't want to talk about SSBB because they're supposed to be asking about M&SatOG.
ah, well that's reassuring.

Black/Light

Smash Master
That doesn't sound good. We don't know just when brawl is coming out, but they're probably finishing up the charater roster by now. If Sonic isn't 'in the cards' right now, he probably won't be in time for brawl. I'll go on hoping though.
read HiddenTiger's post please. . .

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
To clarify, when he said "that's not on the cards right now" you should read it as saying "we aren't talking about Smash Bros right now."

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
No matter which message board is discussing this, people seem intent on looking at the wrong line:

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.
That's the important part, "neutral ground" or rather Sega's idea of such. A Nintendo fighting game having 40 Nintendo characters & only 1 Sega character is not neutral.

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
While it would seem that the Olympic game revelation greatly increases Sonic's chances because it makes it seem that they arrived at this because of discussions involving Brawl, it could also be that they arrived at this instead of brawl, because Sega didn't want to give up their prize character to a Nintendo game and this was the compomise they reached where everyone would be satisfied.

I still think Sonic will be in Brawl, but we should consider other possibilities or we're going to be massively disappointed if he's not in.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Why did they have an entire interview with so little information? They said anything other than the Olimpics wouldn't work...thats pretty close minded, maybe Sonics chances are not so great...

They also said the game is still in the beginings of development, so they only have until December to finish? Sounds like it may be sloppy
The Olimpics...pretty random.

As for the neutral thing Snake is a loner, but then again he's not Mario's unofficial rival

Personally I don't much care for the latest Sonic games, SEGA was supposed to respond as to if the wanted Sonic in Brawl... maybe they did this instead...maybe there desperate and had Nintendo help them as a bargian to fork over ol' Sonic, Nintendo should just consume SEGA already

I think SEGA is still trying to act like its the shiz nit, however it is clearly not

As you can probaly tell I don't really care if Sonic is in or not, I used to be down right oppesed to it, but I just don't care anymore...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
By the time we're tired of begging for Sonic to be in Brawl, BOOM there he'll be. As things stand right now, Sonic's more of a punching bag that's being passed along the companies, all saying "WHat dO we dO nOw?". Makes some awful pain in me cry.

I bet if you ask a member of the Sonic Team "Have you ever thought of having Sonic end his videogame career?", they'll look at you like you're the stupidest person in the world.

agent_918

Smash Cadet
Heres a moveset I made for him (I'm missing smash-down):

Move set:
A – Sonic Kick [A fast kick]
B – Spin Dash (Charge) [His spin dash from the original Genesis games]
B + Right/Left – Blue Blur [Quickly zips past enemies, similar to Falco’s B attack]
B + Down – Kick Start [Kicks ground and jumps in the air; shockwaves sent from kicks hit enemies]
B + Up – Blue Tornado [Creates a tornado that hurts enemies and sends him upward]
Smash Left/Right – Sonic Flurry [Unleashes a barrage of melee moves at enemies]
Smash Up – Rocket Jump [Jumps in the air in his original circle form and hits enemies, though he has no control]

Weed

Smash Lord
By the time we're tired of begging for Sonic to be in Brawl, BOOM there he'll be. As things stand right now, Sonic's more of a punching bag that's being passed along the companies, all saying "WHat dO we dO nOw?". Makes some awful pain in me cry.

I bet if you ask a member of the Sonic Team "Have you ever thought of having Sonic end his videogame career?", they'll look at you like you're the stupidest person in the world.
So true it makes me sad as well...on the bright side, at least it means we (hopefully) wont have to worry about Sonic anymore! Lets just hope they dont screw him up and make him a bad character...I dont know about anyone else, but that would dissapoint me even more than not having him in the game to begin with. (Wanted to beat my freinds down with Sonic since the beginning of Melee :laugh: )
Hope im not regurgitating anything here...

JPW

Smash Ace
I actually like Sonic and Secret Rings on Wii, I reckon it's the best Sonic game i've played in a decade. Finally Sega has got it right and it's a step in the right direction. By the Sonic and the Secret Rings is selling better then its two counterparts the PS3 version anjd the X360. And Sonic Rush on DS proved to be a good seller too.

Sonic seems to be better fitted on a Nintendo platform. And with this new Olympic games i'm excited, and it pushes the possibility even more of Sonic being on Brawl.

Also let's face it, say a grown up who lived the Sega vs Nintendo era walked into an EB store, with his kid and saw a game with Sonic and Mario on the front cover. Imagine the reaction he'll be showing.

It's dream come true, and it opens up doors for Sonic in any other Mario games.

Also I reckon Olypmic games will be fun. Much like Wii Sports. To be honest I never expected Wii Sports to be good, but for me it's the suprise hit on the Wii. And it's one of my favourite games of all time now. I never thought I would like it. The same could happen with Olympic games. Then again anything that involves Sonic and Mario in the same game isn't stupid to me. I'll love it either way.

But back to Smash Bros. I see it possible.
I would even love it if they made a Smash Bros. trailer using this concept.

Mario and Sonic are competitng in an olympic event. Sonic loses, he looks down. then Mario says "Don't worry Sonic, i'm sure you'll do better in Smash Bros."

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Sonic loses?
I think a better scene would be, Mario and Luigi all worn out after Sonic just lapped them 10 times, and he says "Do you still think you would stand a chance against me in a fight? See ya in Brawl"

len1

Smash Journeyman
Diamond is right.
and chances are im going to get the olympic games solely because it has sonic in it [lol]
but i have probably said this before but i actually liked the 3d sonic games i played (sa2 and Heroes(except getting the emeralds in heroes that was to hard))

JesterBox

Smash Ace
This is a little off topic but Mario would win all the jumping and swimming events at the Olympics, Sonic would Win the running ones. Sonic dies the instant he hits the water..or sinks competley. Mario whens at throwing games because he can toss Bowser around like a sack of potatoes, plus they probably would let Sonic in the Olympic games because he doesn't were pants.

Yea, I'm not sure if this game hurts or helps Sonic's chances... I am thinking it's like a test run for the idea.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Sonic would be awesome in SSBB put knuckles and tails and too to be even maybe amy too just the thought is cool he would be the fastest character but do you think sonic team will go with that

Wrath`

Smash Master
Sonic would be awesome in SSBB put knuckles and tails and too to be even maybe amy too just the thought is cool he would be the fastest character but do you think sonic team will go with that
More than one sonic character is pushing it(even tho two would be cool)

JPW

Smash Ace
idk maybe they should cause what if sonic team doesnt wanna see Mario and his crew beating on Sonic but im sure that wont bother them really.....who knows
how do you know it wont be the other way around. Sonic could be kicking Mario and his mates instead.

But i'm sure Sonic Team wont bother too much if Sonic does get in, and he's used as a punching bag, because they'll be able to have their revenge when they meet them at the Olympics.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
A little bit off topic but if anyone is a mediocre Sega fan (and has any knowledge of this character) what about Ristar being in Brawl? You know as some retro Sega character or something. Most likey will never happen but it has crossed my mind. O.o

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
One question....

Why in the world does the developers of Sonic prefer those played out red, pointy, buckle sneakers instead of the Sonic Adventure 2 sneakers? Makes no sense!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
......that breaks......electronically wise. Finish the sentence.

Silver's boots look so lame. Everything else about him is tight though.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
One question....

Why in the world does the developers of Sonic prefer those played out red, pointy, buckle sneakers instead of the Sonic Adventure 2 sneakers? Makes no sense!

Because those goofy looking shoes in SA2 were a pair of Soap brand shoes, and he wore them to fulfill some sort of business deal. Advertising, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom