• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I never was referring to Super Sonic being in the game, I was just disproving why one Chaos Emerald would not allow a Super Form, regardless of the characters that would use it.

Anyway, as discussed many times in this thread(and many others), Shadow cannot be an alternate costume. However, Sonic could have either his Red costume be based off Shadow's colors, or it would be his black costume(if it would be added).

So no, Shadow will not be an alternate costume. And yes, we all know that Daisy was direct costume for Peach, but also keep in mind that no moves were made for Daisy, so a fun cameo was a good idea.

BTW, Falcon's red costume is literally Blood Hawk. The only difference is that Blook Hawk's abilities are unknown, but he is an actual true clone of Captain Falcon.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
yeah shadow wouldn't work as a costume, becuase his physical appearance, quills, face, shoes, ect are a lot different then Sonics

primusfan

Smash Ace
It's not just his physical appearence. Shadow is a whole different character. An alternate costume wouldnt work. He's either gonna be in or he's not, and he probably has about a 7% chance of getting in the game.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Oh well, Shadow can be his black team costume.

Speaking of which, only a handful of characters had black team costumes.

C.Falcon, Marth, Link (Y.Link), Dr. Mario, Falco (?) and Mr. Game and Watch.

The rest had white team costumes, or both.

Perhaps there should be a colourless team, drawing from everyone's black/white costumes.

Pikachu should have a ninja suit.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Very intelligent comment, TropicalTaco.

Not a hint of flame.

I too think Sonic should be in SSBB.
Why thank you!

I had some reasons for wanting Sonic in SSBB, as well as some ideas for moves and stuff. But, I left them out, because I was feeling lazy and wanted to get to the point.

Besides, I suspect that whatever reasons/ideas I had about Sonic have been suggested on previous pages.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Sonic should come alone. And if they make somebody come in with him, I hope it's Knuckles. At least he would have some good fighting moves.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I had a dream a couple of days ago that Sonic was in the game. And I had a dream last year that Super Sonic was in the game.

So obviously, he will be in.
I agree with McFox (for once) that Sonic will be in brawl but does that mean I want him to be in Brawl? NO!

Possibilities for Sonic appearences in Brawl
1.Boss
2. Event Match
3. Lightning Melee (or Lightning Brawl) only

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
If Sonic is put in SSBB, it will definitely be as a playable character, not one of those suggested ideas (no offence) but...

Sonic is a 3rd party character. Now, Nintendo will have to pay a licensing fee in order for him to be in Brawl. Therefore, if they are going to pay, he will not just be some minor inclusion, but a major part of the game (hence playable smasher). I can't really see Sonic getting in any other way.

I support Sonic in Brawl, I think he is a well developed character with a unique style that has come from his vast appearances in games over the years. Plus, he is the most deserving 3rd party character out there, hands down. So what if you don't like him? You don't have to play with a character just because he is there.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I had a dream a couple of days ago that Sonic was in the game. And I had a dream last year that Super Sonic was in the game.

So obviously, he will be in.
. . . I'v had 3 dreams about him being in Brawl (one in his super form with Super Shadow and 2 with Blaziken somewhere in there) and I have things in my dreams happen a nice percentage of the time (The dreams I can remember after waking).

Wow. . . We agreed on something!(^_^)

(I don't think were ever going to agree on Blaziken thou. . .)

BlindSideChaos

Smash Rookie
i heard in a couple months theyre suppose to be releasing a new trailer for brawl.
does anyone think they'll reveal any more newcomers? if sonic IS in the game do you think they'll announce him? i think if they do, i think they wont show him completely. i think that theylll have a couple characters fighting, one ofcourse being mario. all of a sudden somthing KO's everyone but mario. mario turns around facing the screen with a shocked face, and you hear the classic sound of sonics spinball charging , and the trailer ends.
well sorry for being completley random, just somthing i thought would be cool.

TGun

Smash Cadet
Most likely sonic's in it, He has many moves and there have a 3d build they could model off of so hes a brainer I thought of some moves he could use:
AThe simple jump rolling into a ball tap A Again and he hits the nearest target dealing 8% damage.
BHold B and sonic rolls into a ball and "charges" up until release or 8 sec Highest damage 30% similar to pikachus move.
< >B Dashes like Fox Mclouds dash move. Dealing 10%.
Up B"recovery move" Tails appears and grabs sonic and lifts him up in the direction pointing for 5 sec if tails tail is hit by enemy deals 10%.
down B Knuckles appears in front of him and does a foward punch.

The reason I put two of the main sonic charc. in this move set is so they dont have to put tails and knuckles in for his clone and sonic was a team game playin all charc. in the game. Well there you have it.

-TGUN

JPW

Smash Ace
does anyone else feel they'll release the Sonic info in the last few weeks before the game is out.

Think about it, the more they have us talking about it, and speculating and guessing, the more attention the game will get, thus sonic's popularity could increase. Look at the Wii, because Nintendo has been keeping tight lipped on it, many fans were left speculating and guessing, and the attention grew, till e3 06, where Nintendo revealed cool things, and stole the show at e3 06.
Also if Sonic is revealed too early, then people will be dying for this, and this thread would die for sure, and we all be happy little buggers, and we would most likely have to change our attention. And the talk will eventually end kind of early.
"How cool is it that Sonic is in."
"Yeah I know. Here's why he got in."
(repeat of what has been said in the past pages.)
Whereas if they push the info 3 weeks before release date. People will be like counting down and saying oh my god, I can't wait to play as Sonic.
Of course there could be bad news about Sonic not being involved, but don't you think they would of said something by now, especially if he wasn't in.

Sonic is pretty much a grounded character when you think about it. Especially when you look at the 5 newcomers. Metaknight, Pit, Zamus, Wario and Snake. Not to mention the rest of the confirmed characters.

I would really like to see just Sonic for now. I reckon 3rd party characters should be quite rare, and suprising, especially in future series. But at the same time I hope Sonic can stay as a permanent character.

Also if Sega is letting Nintndo put thier games on their VC market, then something's got to be up with Sonic and Smash Brothers.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Sorry, TGun, but I think my earlier comment applies here as well. If they are going to pay for the use of Knuckles/Tails, it pretty much won't be for just one attack.

Black/Light

Smash Master
JPW, I fully agree with you!

If (When) they put Sonic in the game I would think it would be a VERY big duel. Im pretty sure their not just going to post it on their main sight saying. . ." We have this new item, Krystal (sp) and Lucario are new characters. . . . Ohh, and Sonic is too. . ."
Is going to be some of the biggest news to hit gamers for this next gen/ old gen systems. They are going to want to make a vid for it.

BUT(back to my point), they know that everyones going to be talking about Sonic being in brawl. . . .EVERYONE. So that could work against them seeing as no one will be hypeing or talking about the other things like 1st party characters as much as Sonic. So in the end I think they will release a vid without sonic and at the last min up-date the end with a Sonic vs Mario fight or a sight scene hinting that he's end . . .Or just a out right intro like Pitt.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the Third Party characters Sonic is the top candidate.
He has the rivalry between Nintendo and Sega from back when he is created...
and thus a nivalry in Smash Bros with Mario.
Plus, he would be very fun to play as.
Only thing is, will Sega let him be included?
Oh, and Btw they already released their video, and Sonic wasn't in it so either they are not going to reveal him at all or he is not going to be included in the game...

dj asakura

Smash Ace
lol, someone mentioned sonic team and i thought "OMG NEWCOMER! SONIC/TAILS/KNUCKLES TO PLAY AS ICE CLIMBERS BUT WITH 3 PEOPLE!" lol...man, how funny

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
lol, someone mentioned sonic team and i thought "OMG NEWCOMER! SONIC/TAILS/KNUCKLES TO PLAY AS ICE CLIMBERS BUT WITH 3 PEOPLE!" lol...man, how funny
that would be awful, I dont know why people cant accept just sonic... Ness, samus, and captain falcon have come alone the last two ssb games why cant sonic?

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
that would be awful, I dont know why people cant accept just sonic... Ness, samus, and captain falcon have come alone the last two ssb games why cant sonic?
You're totally right! I hated ice climbers becuase they were a team and my patner was stupid and got his butt kicked and so my triple jump sucked. Anyway, he should come alone no Shadow or tails or Knuckles or that new hedgehog or any other sonic character!

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
So I was looking for an article at work today and came accross one mentioning a "Sonic Hedgehog homolog gene"... I'm working at a medical internship currently and just thought that I think its hillarious / awesome / shows how deserving Sonic is to be in brawl that he has a gene named after him. Here's some wiki info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_hedgehog

Edit: I realize this is very unrelated to SSBB... but just thought I'd share with the Sonic support thread

BlindSideChaos

Smash Rookie

more than obviously, this isnt real. but its sweet,you cant deny that.
when they do finally release the game, i highly doubt they'll put sonic on the cover, if hes even in that is.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Plus the fact that he's running at a 3/4s angle, which he wouldn't be doing in a 2D game.

Oh right, and like Wario, Sonic has enough clout to enter the game alone. He doesn't need Tails, he doesn't need Knuckles, and he certainly doesn't need Shadow. Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the most recognizable mascots EVER created. He doesn't need a posse for people to know that he's cool.

And I could definitely see a Shadow-themed costume. NOT Shadow himself, but rather, a black Sonic with red on his spines. It's still an homage to Shadow without actually putting Shadow in the game.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman

when they do finally release the game, i highly doubt they'll put sonic on the cover, if hes even in that is.

Animated blood? I can't believe that whoever made that seriously thought Brawl would have blood. Even in the trailer, it clearly does not. Violence addicts.

Anyway, even though it wouldn't look like that, I could definitely see a Mario vs. Sonic special edition cover. Just to capitalize as much as possible on the grudge match.

JPW

Smash Ace

Awesome box art. I also like how you fitted in all the descriptions on the back.
Though I have to agree, Sonic wont be on the front. To be honest I reckon any newcomers should be hidden.

For a second when I saw that box art I almost thought like I died and went to Heaven. Then again I was so drunk last night so anything was possible I guess. Maybe i'm in heaven now. Where are those clouds, all I see is fire.

JPW

Smash Ace
I was telling my friend about Sonic possibil;ity, and he didn't like it at all. HE couldn't why Sonic would be so important to be included, I brought up Mario vs Sonic, but he said that was 13 years ago. It's outdated now, no one cares.

I thought about bringing up an example of past coming into present, but he was no wrestling fan so I couldn't use the example of Hogan vs The Rock. Which was outdated in my view, but still managed to bring the hype.

But is the Sonic vs Mario hype really outdated. Or is it still around? Do ay other fans feel like this. Time has come and gone? Would it be worth to smash it up?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was telling my friend about Sonic possibil;ity, and he didn't like it at all. HE couldn't why Sonic would be so important to be included, I brought up Mario vs Sonic, but he said that was 13 years ago. It's outdated now, no one cares.

I thought about bringing up an example of past coming into present, but he was no wrestling fan so I couldn't use the example of Hogan vs The Rock. Which was outdated in my view, but still managed to bring the hype.

But is the Sonic vs Mario hype really outdated. Or is it still around? Do ay other fans feel like this. Time has come and gone? Would it be worth to smash it up?
As long as Mario and Sonic exist, it will always be Mario Vs. Sonic. It's so retro, its still popular today.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Actually, now I think Sonic AND Bomberman have more of a chance. This is probably slightly outdated news but Nintendo has a new partnership with Sega and Hudson. That will probably give Sonic and Bomberman more of a chance to be in Brawl.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Actually, now I think Sonic AND Bomberman have more of a chance. This is probably slightly outdated news but Nintendo has a new partnership with Sega and Hudson. That will probably give Sonic and Bomberman more of a chance to be in Brawl.
Agreed, but I think Bonk should get in over Bomberman, even though Bomberman has a higher chance :ohwell:

Animated blood? I can't believe that whoever made that seriously thought Brawl would have blood. Even in the trailer, it clearly does not. Violence addicts.
Well.... SSB is about mindless violence,and if you like SSB, you are a violence addict, and all violence addicts would like some bloodshed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom