• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcEdUp414

Smash Journeyman
If you look up the difference between Defense and Weight it is IMPOSSIBLE to compare them. Defense=How much damage can be dealt before feeling pain
Weight=The gravitational pull on a person.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
sonic should have these(more stars the more the stat)

attack:***
defence: ****
speed:*****
weight:**
lag:**

his defence and low lag makes up for his weight and his speed is godly.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I found this interesting, here is a list of game specific abilities that people can use for there movesets. These are from wiki.

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

* Homing Attack: allows him to propel himself towards the nearest enemy while jumping; this move is also used to some extent in the game Shadow the Hedgehog.
* Light Dash: allows him to run along a path of rings, even through the air.
* Light Speed Attack: Sonic charges up by Spin Dashing and homing attacks everything in range at light speed. He is able to hold the charge, but doing so significantly slows him down.

Sonic Adventure 2

* Bounce Attack: Sonic jumps in the air, rolls up, quickly falls, and then bounces a little higher than he can normally jump. This works in the same way as the Water Shield in Sonic 3.
* Fire Somersault: Sonic rolls in a fiery ball.
* Magic Hand: Traps nearly any enemy in a small, throwable, explosive ball.
* Spin Attack: A charged somersault.
* Mystic Melody: Causes something to happen once played in front of a certain kind of strange altar.
* Time Stop: A move that freezes time for everything around Sonic.
* Chaos Control: A manipulation of time and space; Shadow can do this as well.
* Sonic Wind: Creates a blue swirl of hazardous energy.

Sonic Heroes

* Homing Attack: allows him to propel himself towards the nearest enemy while jumping
* Rocket Accel: allows Sonic to be pushed forward by his teammates to accelerate.
* Blue Tornado: sweeps enemies off their feet and is used to spin up poles.
* Triangle Jump: Sonic jumps between walls within close proximity at high speed to advance forward.
* Flying Kick: Used only when teamates are not around, Sonic launches himself forward in the air and kicks with a leg extended.

Sonic Advance 3

* New Dash Attack: in which he balls up and then dashes, either upward or forward, but this attack was only seen in that game. If performed forward, it will home in on nearby enemies.

Sonic Rush

* Hop Jump trick: performed when he's in mid-air, and it allows him to perform a vertical hop.
* Humming Top trick: performed in mid-air, allows him to perform a horizontal hop, with his right leg extended out to the right.
* Super Boost/Rush: Allows Sonic to instantly accelerate and creates a field of blue flames around him. Used to destroy enemies and obstacles.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Homing Attack origins from Sonic 3D Blast, NOT Sonic Adventure 1.

The Fire Somersault is no difference from having the Fire Shield on and just doing a small Spindash.

Flying Kick really isn't anything different from Aerial kicks in multiple other games, it just means he could Kick.

You forgot Ancient Light, which is a remake of Light Speed Attack, but only works on enemies. Light Speed attack is used to do the original Light Dash, as Adventure 2 added Shoes that gave him the instant ability.

Bounce Attack is the same thing as using the Water Shield in Sonic 3 to Bounce. It did not origin from Sonic Adventure 2.

Sonic can barely use Chaos Control, so we don't consider him a full user of it. It's Shadow's move, end of story.

Spin Attack is the original Spindash, just in 3-D. That originated in Sonic The Hedgehog 2(Genesis/Megadrive)

Time Stop is not Canon and doesn't count.

Mystic Melody really doesn't fit into Smash, but it did originate from Sonic Adventure 2(to my knowledge)

Super Boost/Rush is pretty much the same as Rocket Accel.

Sonic Wind is homing and it is possible it was reused for both Shot Attacks in Sonic Battle.

Triangle Jump is new but useless in Smash.

Blue Tornado is actually useable as a decent Up B, but not all prefer it.

Sonic Rush's two Tricks really only give him a second jump for Smash.

In other words, the only new abilities are Rocket Accel, Triangle Jump(useless), Hop Jump Trick, Humming Top Trick, Magic Hand, Chaos Control(useless), Time Stop(useless), Sonic Wind, and Light Speed Attack.

Thus, not much is useful other than the already done movelists. Maybe a list of ALL his abilities thoughout ALL of the games would be useful.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Like I said I pulled this directly off of wikipedia, I didnt make it myself. I thought it could be useful for some people who hasnt played some of the newer games. For instance I have never played sonic rush but Super Boost/Rush sounds like a great dash or B attack. How is it the same as rocket accel? According to the description rocket accel requires a partner, super boost/rush seems like it doesnt (remember I havent played rush so I maybe wrong). I agree a complete list would be more useful, especially a whole sonic battle list. I still thought this was useful nonetheless.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They're the same idea, with a slight modification. Of course, I never meant to sound like a d***, but I just pointed out what's usueable and not. There are a ton of n00bs here, and we don't want to give them bad ideas, right?

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I would enjoy seeing Sonic in SSBB, I think he would be a nice character to add on (I would actually prefer him over Solid Snake) I like your moveset ideas, btw. =D

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
For some reason there were random shoes lying about and Sonic decided to steal them. I thought they were called the light shoes anyway...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Zodiak-Lucien said:
so wait you can buy his shoes??
They aren't HIS shoes. They are the same kind of shoes though. Sonic in SA2 wore Soaps which for those of you who don't know are grinding shoes. They were popular in the 90s. They don't make them anymore but you can get them for cheap on Ebay. I got mine for about $30 with shipping. Fun times. :) They're called soaps, because the grinding plate on the bottom is slippery like soap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-SOAP-Brand-...yZ137011QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Sonic would look weird in SSBB considering how the game likes to upgrade character's appearences. Can you imagine being able to see each individual hair covering his whole body? Or for that matter his BELLYBUTTON?! I don't think I could get used to that!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Jeez..We all know Sonic is going to be in the game! I wish Sakurai would just announce it. It wouldn't make sense if he wasn't!

primusfan

Smash Ace
Super Smash Master said:
They aren't HIS shoes. They are the same kind of shoes though. Sonic in SA2 wore Soaps which for those of you who don't know are grinding shoes. They were popular in the 90s. They don't make them anymore but you can get them for cheap on Ebay. I got mine for about $30 with shipping. Fun times. :) They're called soaps, because the grinding plate on the bottom is slippery like soap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-SOAP-Brand-...yZ137011QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I looked at some videos of people grinding with the SOAPs. Holy crap, I gotta get some.

TheSmashBro06

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Master said:
Jeez..We all know Sonic is going to be in the game! I wish Sakurai would just announce it. It wouldn't make sense if he wasn't!
Its just to tease us...

xEnonlApse

Smash Rookie
HyperFalcon said:
I knew it was a fake...just couldn't place it at the time. Anyway, thanks for acknowledgeing my point, Spirithawk. And as for Sonic Heroes, all of the other teams(other than Team Sonic) are mostly the same, but have minor differences here and there. This is probably why it was a bit unpopular, not enough variety.

Anyway, Shadow doesn't just have guns and weapons to use(which makes him fit better than Knuckles for a secondary character...and even Tails, in a way), but multiple Chaos abilities that Sonic CANNOT use. Thus, ever since Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Battle he was defined as a completely different character. He also introduced a new style of Snowboarding in Sonic Riders.(the ability to NOT use a board)
have u ever played SA2? towards the end sonic was also using chaos control

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Super Smash Master said:
Actually, according to my future prediction skills, Sonic in Brawl isn't that obvious. I however could be wrong though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
xEnonlApse said:
have u ever played SA2? towards the end sonic was also using chaos control
Have you learned correct grammar? I never said he couldn't use Chaos Abilities, but Sonic is only a new user to Chaos Control and other such stuff. Shadow, on the other hand, already fully knows how to use it. The only difference is Sonic is used to being in Super Form while Shadow is not.

Also, Sonic using Chaos Control in the Dark Story can't really be taken as canon anyway. Since both sides have the same boss fight, but completely different sides(unlike the earlier ones, anything could happen, no matter who won or lost), and thus, were too different from eachother.

Another thing to remember is the quote in Dark Story Final Boss Fight, "I'll use your...Chaos Control!" It's obviously Shadow's move, not Sonic's. Either way you look at it, Sonic's not awesome at using it, so therefore, he didn't original use it anyway.

My point being is that Sonic can use few Chaos Abilities where Shadow is limited in any way. Sonic's specialty is speed, and Shadow is slower than him(the shoes are what makes him fast). Shadow's specialty is Chaos power. Maybe you should play Sonic Battle, where many of his abilities are that of Chaos. Sonic has none of those, because it's not his thing.

I'm done now.

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
They should add some Sonic items... i.e. Shoes maybe a shield or two?? Either way I will poop my pants and lick it up if Sonic doesn't make brawl.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Zeeb said:
They should add some Sonic items... i.e. Shoes maybe a shield or two?? Either way I will poop my pants and lick it up if Sonic doesn't make brawl.
That is the most disgusting thing i've ever heard in my life.

JPW

Smash Ace
well he better get some signatures and put it atround. 21 sigs ain't going to do anything. Then again it's probably like a year till it's out.

A lot of people say you can only be one or the other, but i'm a fan of both Sonic and Mario. Is that alright? I'll still make a fun match now and then. But I would love to team them up.

I'm just thinking right now of the reaction, if Ninty released a trailer or some news and revealing Sonic to be in the game.

it would be a disappointment if he wasn't in, I feel to many. But at the same time there'll most likely be a good reason "why"?

Renth

Smash Hero

I completely agree:

Sonic would make a great addition to Smash Brothers Brawl but sadly i don't see it to be a likely addition. He is yes, a very popular character but has hardly made any impact on any Nintendo system Snake on the other hand i completely understand Snake started out as an NES game on the original system bringing him home to nintendo was great idea Sonic never made any big impression on Nintendo nor was he an original nintendo idea he was merely a rival to mario.

P.S.

Great Thread and good points Kaid

2 thumbs up

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
actually sonic is pretty much not part of sega anymore,lately he sonly been on NINTENDO systems meaning he has a bigger chance then if snake wasent anounced =)

Renth

Smash Hero
Lishy said:
actually sonic is pretty much not part of sega anymore,lately he sonly been on NINTENDO systems meaning he has a bigger chance then if snake wasent anounced =)

I believe we can all agree Sega is pretty well dead but i disagree he's been on more than just Nintendo systems the past 3 - 5 games with Sonic in it have been on all 3 systems Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Xbox, GC, and PS2. Sonic DX Xbox, GC, and PS2, and more recently Shadow the Hedgehog Xbox, GC, and PS2.

So i believe that he doesn't have much of a running chance to be part of brawl granted he's been showing his face around Nintendo lately he's also in the same sense been on every other system at the same time. Sonics popularity is fading away more and more each game that comes out i believe is more of a redemption at an attempt to regain some kind of hope to revive the slowly dying hedgehog series.

There are very few Sonic fans left and as time goes on Sega will be a mere memory and Sonic lost in the past.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with him, and I'm sure they could give him a moveset, but there are other 3rd party characters I'd rather have in Brawl over Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom