• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark X

Smash Lord
kaid said:
A knee-jerk reaction to an obvious statement. Any other examples?
Whats that suppose to mean? O.o

It's not just about Dragonite, it's about alot of things he post. Remember, his first couple of post here in this thread, he called Sonic a little blue ****.

And I been ignoreing all of his post, but in that trailer thread, I figured he might be attacking Sonic again, so I just HAD to read it to see what he was saying. Then I was ignoreing these until I noticed the two of you talking about me O.o

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well if u dont like wat i got to say, do wat u sed u would be doing. ignore it.
i dont even attack sonic, and ur not like his protector or sum crap like that.

Shark X

Smash Lord
kaid said:
Because it isnt nessisary to feed every troll that comes around.
Yeah, your right. I forget that sometimes, but still surprises me. Normally there's way more than one person to fall for it O.o

But yeah, I'll just place him back on ignore. Not worth argueing with him.

JPW

Smash Ace
i had this dream the other night that Ninty made an announcmeent to a public audience to stop sending requests for Sonic to be in Smash Bros, and they said if you want to know so badly. Sonic will be in it. HAPPY! But now you know that, and it's nowhere near ready for release. So now what are you going to be talking about?
I bet now you'll come to us asking for Megaman.

Shark X

Smash Lord
JPW said:
i had this dream the other night that Ninty made an announcmeent to a public audience to stop sending requests for Sonic to be in Smash Bros, and they said if you want to know so badly. Sonic will be in it. HAPPY!
I'm actually hopeing thats what will happen. I even mentioned it earlier on this thread, and on some other thread XD

DaPerson

Smash Apprentice
Before i make this post i just wanna note that i didnt have time to read the whole thread, so bear with me if someone said this already.

As for sonic's forward b, im gonna have to agreee with it being his lightdash (thats where he speeds across a line of rings instantly for all you non-sonicer's out there ;) ). I was thinking though, that maybe he could throw some odd amount of rings into the air(dunno the number maybe 10 or some such thing) and control them with the joystick (hopefully wii's pointer, cus there has to be some use of that thing even though its supposed be like classic smash). Anyways, as i was sayin, sonic would throw a line of rings (sonic would be completely vunerable when doing so and the line of rings would disappaear if he was hit during this process), be it straight, a loop de loop, w/e the heck you want it to be, within the 5 secs you have to control it. Then, after you've completed your line of rings, he would almost instantly dash through them with his light dash going just a tad faster or about the same speed as fox's forward B. It would deal a decent amount of dmg, knockback, and stun in the direction sonics frontside crashes into the char. The attack would be similar to ness' pk thunder in control (althgouth it would happen a bit faster) and how sonics body behaved when he's making the line of rings. Also, note that after he's used this move he will be stunned, and not able to use anything till he lands again (contrary to the games i know, but otherwise he could fly forever).

That's my two cent's anyways.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
wats with these movesets with sonic throwing rings? has he ever thrown rings b4? i mean mario had rings in his games but he didnt use them as weapons in the ssb games (only as part of his B^ animation) and u dont hav link throwing rupees and donkey kong throwing bananas

DaPerson

Smash Apprentice
To clarify, the rings wouldnt do any damage, they would just be the path that the light dash attack took place on.

And as far as not useing rings to attack goes, the characters you mentioned never used those items in actual gameplay or for any attack, they were either just for score or for buying items.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, let's remember that in the Sat-AM cartoon, when Sonic got a single ring, he went into a full-out Sonic Spin. There was no Super Sonic in that series, nor a way to become it as Chaos Emeralds weren't made yet(well, Knuckles wasn't there either).

I'd still prefer that the Light Dash wasn't used for Up B as it seems too simple and boring, and it ONLY appeared starting in Sonic Adventure.

The Homing Attack was post 3-D, as was Bounce, Sonic Spin, Jump Dash(You know, the Flame Shield ability), and many others. Don't get me wrong, Light Dash shouldn't just be excluded, but being Forward B evens it out and allows it to do damage.

ActorElite

Smash Rookie
Cont. sonic post SONIC AND TAILS DUO TEAM

personally If sonic was put in...i think it would be pretty bomb if they made a sonic and tails duo team like the ice climbers. like instead of having a tripple jump, tails just caries sonic and flys! i think the duo team would be awesome!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I don't want a Sonic & Tails duo.Their attacks are too different,and we wouldn't get a fair Mario vs Sonic bout.

ActorElite

Smash Rookie
well wut if..... cont. sonic tails

wut if tahts an option, you can play sonic or Sonic and tails, much like u switch the color of your x-ter or in the case of iceclimbers you can wither be the female ice climber or the male, wut if you cna play sonic OR sonic and tails?

kaid

Smash Master
Because that's two movesets, which means two characters. Sakura said only 1-2 more third party characters, and Megaman and Geno are both far more deserving than Tails.

IcEdUp414

Smash Journeyman
That wouldn't work as an outfit. Sonic is ONE person and doesn't need others to be well. Strong. Ice Climbers NEED each other to survive. Sonic is just...to different from Tails.

JPW

Smash Ace
Geno isn't 3rd party though right. He's Nintendo owned i believe. He may of been made by Square but doesn't nintendo own the rights to Geno. Isn't it like Nintendo owning the rights to DK and Diddy, despite the fact that Rare made most of their games.
That's why I think GEno will be counted as the Ninty roster.

sonic should just be on his own. Maybe if they bring back special entrances I wouldn't mind Tails bringing on to the match with the helicopter then flying off.

I really thought the next Smash Brothers would end up being Nintendo vs Sega vs Namco

Considering Sega has these characters:
Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy rose, Shadow, Robotnik/Eggman, Rogue, Scrawl and Grounder(cartoon days), I also remember them having different colour sonics.
and I believe Sega now has F-zero. So maybe they could all defect.
speaking of F-zero GX I really liked what Sega did with that game. Awesome stuff. I just wish we had the arcade.
Then you got Namco with
Pacman and Soul Calibur characters and possibly Fox and them could defect to Namco.

Then you got Nintendo's
Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Link, Samus, and so forth.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Nintendo created Donkey Kong, so Rare has nothing on him.

But, due to the fact that Squenix was credited when Geno made a cameo in Mario & Luigi, most people consider Geno to be (atleast partially) owned by Square.

kaid

Smash Master
JPW said:
Geno isn't 3rd party though right. He's Nintendo owned i believe. He may of been made by Square but doesn't nintendo own the rights to Geno. Isn't it like Nintendo owning the rights to DK and Diddy, despite the fact that Rare made most of their games.
The difference is that Rare was Nintendo 2nd party, working in Nintendo's established universes.

Square, however, licenced Nintendo's characters to put in one of THEIR RPGs. this means everyone who wasn't borrowed from nintendo is still Square-owned.

surge

Smash Rookie
In my opinion sonic should be one of the lighttest and fastest characters in the game. SSBB needs a light little crusher.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Sonic should absolutely be put in. Actually, I thought ActorElite's idea about having Sonic + Tails together as a duo was actually very creative. I mean think about it. Tails always follows Sonic around in the old Sonic games. I thought it was a neat idea, but i'd prefer to have Sonic by himself.

DaPerson

Smash Apprentice
While sonic and tails would be intresting to play like ic, nin would have no reason to do so. The only reason the ice climbers are like they are is b/c ice climebr's only appeared in one game(not 100% on this, so feel free to correct me if im wrong). An old game where there wasnt the most advanced moveset ever at that. So, for lack of a moveset, they made nana and popo a team once again. Besides, how incedibly lame would the ic's be as 1 char? :dizzy:

Needless to say, sonic has a humungous movset to choose from, and has appeared in many games, a few of them by himself. If tails were to appear in ssbb (which i doubt je will) he will eb another char, not like the ic's. Thats my opinion anywho.

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
Would'nt Sonic be WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too fast if he were in Brawl? Im mean, thats all he is, pretty much, which is speed. The blue spikes he has stickin out of his head aren't that sharp, they only sharp cuss he spins so fast.

kaid

Smash Master
There have been several movesets throuout this thread, with various levels of completeness. Personally, I favor the one in the first post.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
And McFox verified a long time ago that Geno is owned by Square. I think if Sonic makes it in he should be the fastest character with medium strength and medium to small weight. That idea about Sonic and Tails being a team like the Ice Climbers is a little interesting, but I think it would be better if they were separate characters (if Tails did get in, which he probably won't). It's funny the way the same things keep getting talked about over and over again in each thread once it's more than 10 pages long.

IcEdUp414

Smash Journeyman
xD Yea, That tends to happen alot for some reason. I still think that Sonic should be the FASTEST character, Medium Strength, Border between Medium and Light weight.

IcEdUp414

Smash Journeyman
lol, Not at all. He should be the character that well.....How to put this...The character that nobody uses because he's so weak but then one person owns his skills and becomes the best which in effect, makes a bunch of little fanboys start playing with him till he is one of the most popular characters.

kaid

Smash Master
Iced, Defence is all Mewtwo is missing, and look at where he is on the tier list. Defence balanced with power and speed make a good character.

insanitarium

Smash Rookie
Sonic should be lightning-fast and light on weight. Strength is all based on moves. I mean, Sonics spin dash could be a variable damage move with a variable charge up. Basically, it would be the Jiggly roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom