• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I seriously think Sega is just gonna go "the thing is, the only reason fans want him in Brawl is so he can face off against Mario... we've already provided that with Olympic Games."

Don't get me wrong- I would hate for that to happen.
Thats fine to hate it if that happened, but...

DONT say that. That'd be mean.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
if Sonic isnt in Brawl...
i think they should have an update where they just say that...
and i mean now...
that way i can brude and cry over it now...
and then be over it by the time the game is on shelves...
in fact, they should do that with Geno too...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
and i mean now...

Harsh but agreed.

ecstatic

Smash Journeyman
Within 8,000 miles of you, unless you're in space.
and i mean now...
Since when has Nintendo been that nice about releasing info, though?

SonicMario

Smash Master
and i mean now...
You know what. I've always wondered why you type with 3 periods after every statement. Are you just trying to be unique?:confused:

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
how can they not have sonic in brawl its basicly free advertisement. Sega doesnt have to do anything but let them use sonic and maybe just maybe he'll get some credibility back. Sega should want to get in good with nintendo right now, sonic isnt nearly as popular anymore and most of the good to decent sonic games have been on the nintendo systems, not to metion the the wii is selling so fast. So i think hes gotta be in maybe we'll get some info when the game is released or hopefully toyko game show.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
ive always done it...
im not really sure why...
i dont even notice when i do it most of the time...
why stop now though???
its been working well enough for me...
Well.. When I type some things and I'm thinking..
I put two periods in stead of your three..
But thats only when I'm thinking.

Back on topic I'm pretty sure they won't say whats NOT going to be in Brawl since thats not how things work usually. Unless its something like Online or.. Actually.. Scratch that mostly.

I'm pretty sure they won't say hes not going to be in Brawl and we will have to find out.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok well first off, im finally back after almost 18 hours of being awol. driving home, meeting with relatives and my bro's fiancee's family (since theyre getting married in 2 days) has pretty much been my advetnure. and the damm boards crashing all night yesterday didnt help anything. and besides SiD and NRWC havent been here either (maybe what i suggested like 5 or so pages back is actually taking place heh heh)...anyways...

Mario's pants don't look much new from a distance or in a rush.
true...honestly the brawl graphics arent that improved from melee. if anything, they just tweaked character models
Man, I'm too friggin' negative lately...
it's Sega, its too be expected
I'm pretty sure they won't say hes not going to be in Brawl and we will have to find out.
and thats gonna be a heartbreak, but thinks about it...its good business if they hype up a game about Sonic being in and then people buy it on the release and find out Sonic's not there. i mean people can always return the game but thats usually more trouble than its work and plus most people (even fanboys) wouldnt return it anyways.

and for those of you who are interested in whatever extra gift i might be bringing to the table (mostly directed at k!llsw!tch and RDK but everyone else is most than welcome...

Exhibit A: Shadow The Hedgehog being release for PC in Spain..courtesy of the Atari company...check the link and scroll down to the "S" section. oh and i can promise you guys that this is NOT a hoax or fake
http://www.es.atari.com/?pg=products_listing&p=1

and now because of that exhibit A, its a good sign that the petition in my sig may actually have an effect...

Exhibit B: possibly truthful link to confirm that Sonic 2006 WILL be release for PC by August 24th, 2007 (in Spain as well). now heres the deal with this link...it was run throguh an online translator and if anyone has taken Spanish before (3 years for me in high school), theyll know that online translator arent the smoothest tools for interpretation which is wy the english is a bit iffy since Google translator was used. once again i dont know how valid this article is but in case its not true, i still not changing my sig...
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.canalocio.es/product_info.php%3Fproducts_id%3D180503%26osCsid%3D497456442b726f85fb61c5ad212f95a5&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522sonic%2Bthe%2Bhedgehog%2Bpc%2522%2Batari%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DN4

Exhibit C: so im not a memeber of the Sega boards (believe it or not) but i eavesdropped on their threads (otherwise i would never have found the petition) and i found an interesting response to a question about another Sonic Next Gen being released. read and give me some feedback
Random Fool From Sega Boards #1[I thought I heard about a SNG2 being devolped for March of next year. Is this true?[/QUOTE said:
Random Fool From Sega Boards #2 said:
No. Where ever you "thought" you heard it was wrong or lying. As a matter of fact, SEGA made a statement about not making console Sonic games until they "reinvent" the franchise. Which means we might not see another serious console entry for years. Maybe another Secret Rings if anything.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I wouldn't hate sonic being in, and if there wasn't partially good evidence on Sonic being in, i'd say you guys were just being Sonic Fan boys.
n00bs come a dime a dozen. go take your hatred for the hedgehog somewhere else, especially since you have no reason for him not to be in except your ****ing selfish-*** opinion. you cant give one good reason so take the ****er out of your mouth and leave.

@everyone else
check out my last post and comment on it and such. tons of good stuff...(lol you guys make me feel like royalty heh heh). oh and RDK/Stryks - n00b alert so hold down the fort

SiD

Smash Master
Well that's cool Del, I hope they bring it here for you (crazies) who don't want to get a 360.

EDIT: Del, I need to make a webpage that has a for that will send an email with the info. I don't know any server side code though, only html and a little C++. Do you know how to do that in ASP or PHP or Perl?

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
ok well first off, im finally back after almost 18 hours of being awol. driving home, meeting with relatives and my bro's fiancee's family (since theyre getting married in 2 days) has pretty much been my advetnure. and the damm boards crashing all night yesterday didnt help anything. and besides SiD and NRWC havent been here either (maybe what i suggested like 5 or so pages back is actually taking place heh heh)...anyways...

true...honestly the brawl graphics arent that improved from melee. if anything, they just tweaked character models
and thats gonna be a heartbreak, but thinks about it...its good business if they hype up a game about Sonic being in and then people buy it on the release and find out Sonic's not there. i mean people can always return the game but thats usually more trouble than its work and plus most people (even fanboys) wouldnt return it anyways.

and for those of you who are interested in whatever extra gift i might be bringing to the table (mostly directed at k!llsw!tch and RDK but everyone else is most than welcome...

Exhibit A: Shadow The Hedgehog being release for PC in Spain..courtesy of the Atari company...check the link and scroll down to the "S" section. oh and i can promise you guys that this is NOT a hoax or fake

and now because of that exhibit A, its a good sign that the petition in my sig may actually have an effect...

Exhibit B: possibly truthful link to confirm that Sonic 2006 WILL be release for PC by August 24th, 2007 (in Spain as well). now heres the deal with this link...it was run throguh an online translator and if anyone has taken Spanish before (3 years for me in high school), theyll know that online translator arent the smoothest tools for interpretation which is wy the english is a bit iffy since Google translator was used. once again i dont know how valid this article is but in case its not true, i still not changing my sig...
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.canalocio.es/product_info.php%3Fproducts_id%3D180503%26osCsid%3D497456442b726f85fb61c5ad212f95a5&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522sonic%2Bthe%2Bhedgehog%2Bpc%2522%2Batari%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DN4

Exhibit C: so im not a memeber of the Sega boards (believe it or not) but i eavesdropped on their threads (otherwise i would never have found the petition) and i found an interesting response to a question about another Sonic Next Gen being released. read and give me some feedback
"I wouldn't hate sonic being in, and if there wasn't partially good evidence on Sonic being in, i'd say you guys were just being Sonic Fan boys."

Sweet I read your links. Sonic next gen on my PC will be a great addition.

Also to the guy who said "Were just being fanboys" please burn your self. You don't even need to be a fan boy to appreciate Sonic in Brawl. If it weren't for fans you probably wouldn't have Pit in the game. Fans are pretty much making this roster, based on popularity is what makes this roster.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Hey Del, Read Better.

I Never Said I Hated Sonic At All.

So Stop Flaming Me For No Reason!
no reason? NO REASON??? "no reason" sounds alot like THE REASON you gave for hating to see Sonic in brawl and calling us all fanboys. and so Jackal478, Post Better.

@everyone else...peace out

@SiD - i know Perl decently but i dont know anything about server side scripting...hopefulyl it isnt all that difficult so i can actually throw in input

Del Money

Smash Champion
Wait del, read my last post!
i did. i actually might be able to help with ASP.net since my bro (who getting married tomorrow, so thats why im not at work right now) gave me a textbook. if you dont need this done by before the end of the week, then i can look into it when i go back to work on monday. the Perl stuff i did was only for a linux script to do database shiznit with PostgreSQL. and yes i hate linux/unix with a passion. but anyways PM the specs for what youre trying to do and like i said if you dont need it done before monday then i may be able to help

@as for the n00b, k!llsw!tch is definitely right...so why dont you back up your arguments instead of throwing in a couple sentences just to piss off the thread's regulars?

@all others - peace out and enjoy the fact that Sega plans to reinvent the Sonic series (hopefully for the better)

SiD

Smash Master
Seriously guys, he said we would be fanboys if there weren't evidence pointing to him being in Brawl.

Edit: That'd be cool Del, I don't need it right away.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok this is seriously my last post before i leave.

sorry to the dud i flamed. it looked like you wrote "would" instead of "wouldnt" for a sec. im just in a rush to do things right now so my speed-readingisnt exactly up-to-par, thats all. bygones?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
and i mean now...
I seriously doubt any announcement will be anything deconfirming a character.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow. Quite the little flame war you guys had back there. Why wasn't I invited? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k!llsw!tch
Mario's pants don't look much new from a distance or in a rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garuda
Man, I'm too friggin' negative lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxVulpine

http://translate.google.com/transla.../product_info.php?products_id=180503&osCsid%3 D497456442b726f85fb61c5ad212f95a5&sa=X&oi=translat e&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522sonic%2Bthe%2Bhedgehog%2Bpc%2522 %2Batari%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfire fox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DN4

Random Fool From Sega Boards #1[I thought I heard about a SNG2 being devolped for March of next year. Is this true?[/QUOTE said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Fool From Sega Boards #2
No. Where ever you "thought" you heard it was wrong or lying. As a matter of fact, SEGA made a statement about not making console Sonic games until they "reinvent" the franchise. Which means we might not see another serious console entry for years. Maybe another Secret Rings if anything.
Sonic '06 being released in Spain is a good sign for what may come in the good ol' USA. Maybe that petition wasn't in vain!

Garuda

Smash Ace
Am I being negative or telling common sense or what??? I'M SO CONFUUUUUUUUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
This thread has burned up! Everyone's so hostile! I don't think I'm going to jump back into this for a little while, I've rented Secret Rings, and I'll be back in due time for a review.

In the meantime:
Del, have fun at the wedding.
Everyone else, I wouldn't mind SEGA doing that suggested "no games until we re-invent the franchise," idea. Even if I enjoy Secret Rings, I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as the older games.

And Sonic for Brawl.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i dont think re-invention is necessary...
look at what its done for Madonna...
Sonic just needs a back to basics game...
a game with a basic stop Robotnick plot...
with the few characters we have come to know and be indifferent to over the years...

mwinship1

Smash Rookie
It's so obvious that Sonic is gonna be in Brawl. Think about it, that Yuji Naka or Naoto Ohshima along with Shigeru Miyamoto that said they think it would be a big success to have Mario and Sonic in the same game. Currently they're making that game "Mario and Sonic at the Olympics." For all we know, this could be the crappiest game ever created, but they're probably just using it as an excuse to put Sonic in Brawl.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
the series has serious potential to be good again... if theyd stop focusing on all the bull and get back to what made the series great.... high speed action. story wise... rather than introducing pooey new chars and subplots, they might as well adapt to archie comic book story.

honestly, the past 7 years have only awarded us two great sonics, sa2 and heroes imo

however, being the die hard fan i am, i would love to see mario and sonic duke it out in brawls arena. sonic for brawL!

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
with the few characters we have come to know and be indifferent to over the years...
Lol, exactly use what got the hedgehog famous.

RDK

Smash Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Smash...

Lol, exactly use what got the hedgehog famous.
I believe they deviated from the formula somewhere around here:

Originally Posted by I Like Smash...
>DEVIATION<
More or less.

Hey Killswitch, where have you been?

And Del Money's not gonna be back for a while...he's at his bro's wedding...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
the series has serious potential to be good again... if theyd stop focusing on all the bull and get back to what made the series great.... high speed action. story wise... rather than introducing pooey new chars and subplots, they might as well adapt to archie comic book story.

honestly, the past 7 years have only awarded us two great sonics, sa2 and heroes imo

however, being the die hard fan i am, i would love to see mario and sonic duke it out in brawls arena. sonic for brawL!
SA2 most people can agree is a quality Sonic game.I don't think SH was anything to write home about,so I think it is up to whomever to decide what the other good one is.Also,I never thought until now,if people want a good Sonic AT,how about a chao,sometimes dark or good ones.Even chaos! THAT would be cool.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, with a sonic rpg coming out, that sounds like a complete change of the series... positive, or negative, I can't tell. Because mario's a slow game, anyway. So it can fit as an RPG.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Well, with a sonic rpg coming out, that sounds like a complete change of the series... positive, or negative, I can't tell. Because mario's a slow game, anyway. So it can fit as an RPG.
Slow in speed or gameplay? Cause all the mario rpgs have been great,so I hope that this RPG one will turn out well.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, I meant compared to Sonic games. Cause I loved the Mario RPG's... well, cept Superstar Saga. And I'm just wondering what the heck is the focus point gonna be in a Sonic RPG! Just doesn't sound right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom