• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Um... I'll go ahead and mention when Laurent Fischer said "that's not on cards at the moment"?

That's probably the most discouraging thing I've seen, because afaik, that means that it's not in consideration at the time, or as the industry would put it, "no".

I don't know enough about definitions though. I lack that kind of knowledge. But what do YOU think?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Sega doesn't like the fact that Sonic can get pwned by Mario characters in Brawl?
(This was probably discussed earlier... meh)

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.

Laurent Fischer: Yes, the Olympics are something very special. If you have ever been to the Olympics it's amazing to see the spirit of the people watching the events - people share in a very special moment. That is something we want to recreate with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
Or did they mean that it would be a fresh start where both of them would start clean and from the ground up sorta?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I dunno OnyxVulpine, they seem to be making a big deal about mario and sonic in the same game. that is to be expected and deserved, because it is a big deal. but it seems like they feel sonic and mario are just SUCH a big deal, that they can only be together in the utmost of games and those that are focused on that fact.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
It's Friday, some people do stuff on Fridays.

I can now recomend seeing the simpsons Movie.aaa
I was at the movies today, I didn't see the Simpsons movie though, Just hanging out with some friends that work there.

@OnyxVulpine That one interview was the only thing that upsetted me, I believe that they went ahead and put Sonic in, but told the guy to play around, just to confuse us.

Garuda

Smash Ace
So... nobody actually knows what he means? That makes me feel a little more confident in any intelligence I've got. lol

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I was at the movies today, I didn't see the Simpsons movie though, Just hanging out with some friends that work there.

@OnyxVulpine That one interview was the only thing that upsetted me, I believe that they went ahead and put Sonic in, but told the guy to play around, just to confuse us.
Mmm yeah I'm guessing they only use metaphors etc. When there is a hidden meaning to it so we can all speculate on it.

Otherwise it would be a simple "Not at the moment" or "Maybe"

Garuda

Smash Ace
I don't understand what it being from Sega of Europe has to do with anything. And I say that as in literally, I don't understand; I don't know how that kind of stuff works in the industry.

SiD

Smash Master
Well, I don't think that they have anything to do with it. They might not know that someone from Sega Japan gave Sakurai the greenlight to put in Sonic.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I think that Sonic Isn't in Brawl, Why they launch Sonic&Mario at the Olympics so close to Brawl's launch then?
Someone said this early in the thread. "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games is the first game with Mario and Sonic in it, Brawl is not a Mario game though, so why not." Also I heard this "SEGA usually puts Sonic in everything they possibly can."( I saw a trailer for some golf game that Sonic is in he doesn't do anything but stand and watch you play golf, thats proof enough for me)

Garuda

Smash Ace
Hopefully that doesn't mean that he'll appear as a background guy in some stage.lol

Garuda

Smash Ace
I dunno, somehow I'm obsessed over it. The weird thing is that I'd most likely rarely play as him.

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
Day by day, I'm starting to become more obsessed with Sonic being in Brawl. The whole 'Mario vs. Sonic' debate has, like a lot of others have said, been going for over a decade and Sega and Nintendo seem to be on good terms right now, seeing as Sonic has a game for the Wii.

No doubt, Sonic's in. And if he's not, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Firebird_TA

Smash Rookie
WHY do they torment us to much? If he's already in there and they're just hiding that info from us, they're really being *******s, aren't they? Still, I hope that they're doing JUST that, because if the programmers don't already know that Sonic's going to be in Brawl, it'll be a bit late for them to change that now, seeing as how the game has to be released by the end of this year.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
NO im sorry for what i said sonic would be a fun character to play as imagine using his charge spin dash thing like millions of times at once that would be fun
I only said sonic sucks because emm..i wanted to see peoples reactions to it it shows there are sonic supporter for sonic
RIDLEY FTB!!!
sonic ftb!!!!

Garuda

Smash Ace
Ugh... another "he-doesn't-have-a-moveset" guy? Not gonna bother to explain this one.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Sonic is kinda an obvious he'll definitely be in but sakurai will pull some thing were he is the final secret character and we shall all S*** bricks when we see him.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's what I personally think. Yes, that means I don't think he'll even be announced in a new trailer.

By the way, remember how Reggie Fils-Aime said in a GameHead interview that Nintendo had one more surprise coming by the end of September? I don't remember when the TGS is, but it's during that month, correct?

Could this mean some info on Brawl as well? I bring this up to hype up some people concerning Sonic in a trailer. Cruel, aren't I?

SonicMario

Smash Master
For all nOObs that don't think Sonic can't do the kicking and/or punching:

-Jump W/O being in Ball
-Punching
-Kicking
-More Kicking
-Spin Kick
-Spin Air Kick
-Air Kick

Sure it is not a full list, but these moves were used in AN ACTUAL GAME. It was called Sonic Battle for the GBA. These moves can very well be good in the battlefield of Brawl. So anybody thsat says "He has no Moveset" i just laugh at them.

@Everyone else- Made this to hopefully end some anti-Sonic because of no moveset posts. IF any come by, i will post these images again. Sonic for Brawl! Hopefully announced at TGS in September!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yup, you can make a moveset for anyone. Just have to mix it up a bit, Sonic has the possibility to have some good unique moves. But it will probably just be copied from some one and have a slightly different animation.

Sonic for Brawl.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Sonic just has to much potential. You have to think about it, Captain Falcon no original moveset, it was thought up specifically for this game. Sonic Battle or Sonic Fighters have made hundreds of move sets a possibility. I like to see that people will be disappointed if Sonic's isn't in. Gives SEGA something to look at.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
hey guys, this has almost nothin to do with brawl, but maybe you sonic lovers will get a kick out of it. I was playin Sonic Rush for the DS yesterday and noticed that he had an airdodge if you press R. Of course the next thing i did was try to wavedash. Suprisingly it actually worked! I was wavedashing with sonic to dodge the boss lol...like i said not much to do with brawl, but just a fun fact lol

SonicMario

Smash Master
Thanks for complimenting my Non-special attack list! If Mr. Smash Bros himself keeps his word about another 3rd party character, it HAS to be Sonic. If 2 spots are open put Sonic & Megaman in. Either way one of those spots have to be someone blue. (No offense to Bomberman Supporters)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Wait guys, wouldn't it be crazy if he put in Snake from MGS?

Blue characters haha..

@Bluebomber..
Sonic can wave dash in his 3d games.. you just gotta turn around while hes running :p Its real laggy though. -.-

SonicMario

Smash Master
I hope that was a joke SiD.

And at least you're back to some one-liners, haven't seen you in this thread as common as you were before. Where have you been?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom