• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ladies (or pretty much just Onyx, Nothing Rhymes With Circus, and RDK...lol jk) and gentlemen...Del Money is back, though temporarily since im operating using dial up. wedding went well. no i did not lose the wedding rings. and i had a really good "best man" speech that i didnt even write but came up with on the spot. anyways...down to business fellas.

theres been alot of gab lately (mostly caused by me) in many threads regarding 3rd party character inclusion in brawl. im starting to believe that if Sonic was in brawl already, at least one person wouldntbe able to the resist the urge to leak that info to outside resources unless (and i doubt this very VERY much) the cloak of secrecy is airtight. lets look at what we have so far...several fake articles, Yuji Naka's deisre for Sonic to be in, so concrete answer from Sega yet besides "That's not on the cards at the moment", several fanmade YouTube Sonic newcomer video clips, and last but not least yet another article on the list to proven fake (assuming it hasnt been already) stating that Sega fans will be happy.

logically, one would say this is way too much hype about Sonic that there's no reason he should be in. realistically, you will instantly realise how prone Sega is to consistent ****-ups.
as for megaman, only bit of news ive heard is that his creator wanted him in brawl. more definitive proof about any 3rd parties being in is all we can hope for.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
hey guys, this has almost nothin to do with brawl, but maybe you sonic lovers will get a kick out of it. I was playin Sonic Rush for the DS yesterday and noticed that he had an airdodge if you press R. Of course the next thing i did was try to wavedash. Suprisingly it actually worked! I was wavedashing with sonic to dodge the boss lol...like i said not much to do with brawl, but just a fun fact lol
That....just made me laugh...alot.

ROFL.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
ladies (or pretty much just Onyx, Nothing Rhymes With Circus, and RDK...lol jk) and gentlemen...Del Money is back, though temporarily since im operating using dial up. wedding went well. no i did not lose the wedding rings. and i had a really good "best man" speech that i didnt even write but came up with on the spot. anyways...down to business fellas.

theres been alot of gab lately (mostly caused by me) in many threads regarding 3rd party character inclusion in brawl. im starting to believe that if Sonic was in brawl already, at least one person wouldntbe able to the resist the urge to leak that info to outside resources unless (and i doubt this very VERY much) the cloak of secrecy is airtight. lets look at what we have so far...several fake articles, Yuji Naka's deisre for Sonic to be in, so concrete answer from Sega yet besides "That's not on the cards at the moment", several fanmade YouTube Sonic newcomer video clips, and last but not least yet another article on the list to proven fake (assuming it hasnt been already) stating that Sega fans will be happy.

logically, one would say this is way too much hype about Sonic that there's no reason he should be in. realistically, you will instantly realise how prone Sega is to consistent ****-ups.
as for megaman, only bit of news ive heard is that his creator wanted him in brawl. more definitive proof about any 3rd parties being in is all we can hope for.
Were you saying I'm a girl? -.-

And.. yeah with my wanting Sonic to be in Brawl.. I wouldn't....

Lets just say I have two things to think about.
-I wouldn't care if he wasn't in the game just because hes not a character I really care about.
-But I would be disappointed if he isn't in it just because he was the most anticipated character. Just wouldn't feel right?

Also if they let all those people down from Sonic... They're probably not going to stop there *gasp*

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Wow.....2684 posts in this one Sonic thread. Talk about die hard fans.

Can someone please releave my anxiety and give me a hint to if Sonic is being added to the Brawl roster or not?

Please note: Besides Sonic & Mario at the Olympics.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Were you saying I'm a girl? -.-
wow im sooo sorry. i honestly thought you were one the whole time. my bad...call me a girl if you want lol
Can someone please releave my anxiety and give me a hint to if Sonic is being added to the Brawl roster or not?

M&SatO doesnt prove crap unfortunately. and these fake articles arent helping anyone either. being patient for news just isnt my strong point...especially when its important news that is likely going to be one of the last facts about the game we'll know prior to its release

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Wow.....2684 posts in this one Sonic thread. Talk about die hard fans.

If you read Del Money's post just about 10 minutes ago, there you go. To sum it up, Interviews about his appearance, request for his appearance (Yuji Naka wants him, Miyamoto would like the idea, Sakurai likes it. Need proof google it I usually type "Sonic and Sakurai") Fans dominating every forum possible to inform us. I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA received mail from fans across the globe. He's someone people had wanted ever since the rumor of his appearance in Melee. Besides other people want the age old Mario vs Sonic battle to be reality. Also the number of fake interviews we saw not to long ago. This rumor has showed up on TV (G4 biggest E3 rumors), a number of podcast, ect.

Del Money

Smash Champion
first off...post #1000 in the SONIC THREAD BOOYAH. i wanna thank all the adoring public, mainly feelow Sonic and Megaman and Diddy fans. hell, i even wanna thank all the n00bs cuz without them serving as flame material...i would probably still be at 835 or something.

anyways...im kinda curious about the effect of Sonic being in brawl on a business level. whether it really would make Sega sell signficant more, or whether it would just make people not forget who Sonic is but still ignore the games. i think its gonna take a good effort to reinvent the franchise but i feel Sonic's inclusion first is key. increase popularity...increase quality of 3D titles...and *BOOM* the hedgehog is back in gear! what you guys think?

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
If SEGA doesn't take the bait and put their goldenboy in Brawl, I fear the worst for the franchise's future. I'm not sure if it was in this thread, or the Megaman thread, but someone posted a website / magazine article that had an interview with Sakurai, and it said that when Sakurai would show up at the website's convention or something, the occasion was so big he would be revealing a new character, and that Capcom fans would be happy. :confused:

I'm asuming this means Megaman might be in it, and if that's true (the article looked genuine, and it had at least one or two other sources prove it to be so), it seems Sonic might have a good shot at getting in as well.

Del Money

Smash Champion
OMG THANK YOU JOE SOUP!!!! theres was definitely an article like that but INSTEAD it said that "SEGA FANS WOULD BE HAPPY". you mightve just confirmed both articles to be fake (or you made a mistake)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Sonic's inclusion in Brawl and in M&S: ATOG is definitely a step in the right direction. The Blue Blur needs a nice boost in terms of recognition. However, in order to "reinvent" the series I think Sega is gonna have to take a step backward. Forget all of this "revolutionary, high-octane" gameplay with ******* homing attacks that send your *** hurtling into a watery grave (I'm looking at you, Ocean Palace Zone. **** Sonic Heroes to hell and back). I think Sega needs to focus on the simpler aspects that made Sonic so great in the first place.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Smooth Criminal

i somewhat agree but the homing attacks were made primarily so that it wouldnt be hard to pop an enemy out of the sky in 3D (though it really wasnt all that hard anyways). but still, the homing attack seems to need fine-tuning if they continue to expect us to cross large chasms by pwning enemy-by-enemy. it seems that typical 2D Sonic game physics are too difficult for Sega to implement in 3D (or perhaps theyre just lazy). nonetheless, id perfer a good 3D Sonic game just to prove all the naysayers out there that Sonic CAN work in 3D. play Sonic R (3D Sonic footracing game) and you see what i mean.

ps - you forgot to sign your name at the bottom of your post

Del Money

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
OMG THANK YOU JOE SOUP!!!! theres was definitely an article like that but INSTEAD it said that "SEGA FANS WOULD BE HAPPY". you mightve just confirmed both articles to be fake (or you made a mistake)
...I'm not sure if you're celebrating because I deconfirmed it, or if I confirmed it and just screwed up companies.

Hey, Smooth Criminal, how did you know I was RDK's friend in the Meet-&-Greet? By the way, I like how you sign your name at the bottom of your reply. :)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
@Smooth Criminal

i somewhat agree but the homing attacks were made primarily so that it wouldnt be hard to pop an enemy out of the sky in 3D (though it really wasnt all that hard anyways). but still, the homing attack seems to need fine-tuning if they continue to expect us to cross large chasms by pwning enemy-by-enemy. it seems that typical 2D Sonic game physics are too difficult for Sega to implement in 3D (or perhaps theyre just lazy). nonetheless, id perfer a good 3D Sonic game just to prove all the naysayers out there that Sonic CAN work in 3D. play Sonic R (3D Sonic footracing game) and you see what i mean.

ps - you forgot to sign your name at the bottom of your post

Del Money
Lol.

I don't doubt that Sonic can work in 3-D (I didn't like Sonic R all that much, but I'll admit that it does control better than most of the other current titles. And that's saying alot). Far from it. It's just Sega's approach to bringing Sonic to the third dimension has been complete and utter crap. Controlling Sonic and his friends is about as fluid as a craggy rock. The homing attacks glitch out quite frequently, seven times out of ten sending you hurtling into a wall or off of the edge into oblivion. That's just a couple of complaints from me (don't even get me started on the lame knock-offs, like Silver, Shadow, and most of the Amigos).

Totally off topic, but check this post out:

I need help on wave dashing I can moonwalk, but I have a tourney soon, please help.
Looks like your buddy l337 marth needs help on wavedashing. Sure, he can moonwalk and all, but he can't wavedash. :laugh:

Smooth Criminal

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
A Viewtiful Joe style on Sonic, Viewtiful Joe proved that 2d can still work even in an era of 3d next gen. Sonic needs to take that approach. SEGA just doesn't know how to exactly reinvent Sonic. Get rid of a few friends, an exciting story, sweet gameplay. SEGA has fallen off the stairs, and forgot everything. Playing Viewtiful Joe just says so much, the only problems with any Sonic 2D games is the "I can't see whats ahead of me" I wouldn't know how to fix it, but it never bothered me cause I have mad skills with the hedgehog. It just seems more complicated to take the 3d approach, because it never really works out with a guy thats all about running. Maybe 3d can be reinvented, but it will take a long time to think it through.

Del Money

Smash Champion
...I'm not sure if you're celebrating because I deconfirmed it, or if I confirmed it and just screwed up companies.
um...because you deconfirmed it so its one less false hope of Sonic being in brawl (though im a full-fledged Sonic fan, i hate random articles and videos suggesting that Sonic is in brawl already because thyre all fake unless Sakurai notifies us all)
Hey, Smooth Criminal, how did you know I was RDK's friend in the Meet-&-Greet?
i could tell period...your on his sig (and you both have the same sig). i guessing youre in his smash crew. me nd him post dirty jokes all over the threads and pwn n00bs that say stupidass stuff (especially one-liners). Del Money, please to meet you
Lol.

I don't doubt that Sonic can work in 3-D (I didn't like Sonic R all that much, but I'll admit that it does control better than most of the other current titles. And that's saying alot). Far from it. It's just Sega's approach to bringing Sonic to the third dimension has been complete and utter crap. Controlling Sonic and his friends is about as fluid as a craggy rock. The homing attacks glitch out quite frequently, seven times out of ten sending you hurtling into a wall or off of the edge into oblivion.
you see, the thing i liked most aabout Sonic R was the stability of the camera. i figured if Sega could do it once, they could sure as hell do i again. im not sure if the 3D Sonic's (besides R) the camera was an issue for you. it didnt bother me too much. but the homing attacks do need some tweaking. im not sure if the air dash (homing attack in midair enemy-free surrounding should be taken out altogether and that way the homing attack ONLY occurs if an enemy, spring, or item is in that immediate vincinity. could potentially lead to more problems but i dunno.what does everyone else think?
Looks like your buddy l337 marth needs help on wavedashing. Sure, he can moonwalk and all, but he can't wavedash. :laugh:
dont ever call him my buddy again...lol. and thats pathetic.
Who is this 1337 Marth guy?
one-line spammer who is so self-absorbed that he thinks its excusable. he believes himself to be a very professional smash player and very well may be but hes about as humble as a boner in sweatpants.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
A Viewtiful Joe style on Sonic, Viewtiful Joe proved that 2d can still work even in an era of 3d next gen. Sonic needs to take that approach. SEGA just doesn't know how to exactly reinvent Sonic. Get rid of a few friends, an exciting story, sweet gameplay. SEGA has fallen off the stairs, and forgot everything. Playing Viewtiful Joe just says so much, the only problems with any Sonic 2D games is the "I can't see whats ahead of me" I wouldn't know how to fix it, but it never bothered me cause I have mad skills with the hedgehog. It just seems more complicated to take the 3d approach, because it never really works out with a guy thats all about running. Maybe 3d can be reinvented, but it will take a long time to think it through.
Capcom tried to do this with MMX7 and MMX8. I personally loved the 2D and 3D mix, but the public did not recieve them well. Oh how the mighty have fallen......

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
i could tell period...your on his sig (and you both have the same sig). i guessing youre in his smash crew. me nd him post dirty jokes all over the threads and pwn n00bs that say stupidass stuff (especially one-liners). Del Money, please to meet you
Nice to meet you too. After he referred me to the site and showed me the ropes, he told me if I was to put anyone on my buddy list, it should be you (at least I think so. I think he said someone with Money in their name, but so far, you're the only one I've run into like that).

But yeah, he said he got banned for participating in a flamewar in one of the threads...I can't remember which one, I haven't seen him in a few days. He said he wouldn't be able to come back for about a week or so.

one-line spammer who is so self-absorbed that he thinks its excusable. he believes himself to be a very professional smash player and very well may be but hes about as humble as a boner in sweatpants.
Wow, that's hilarious. :laugh: I literally laughed out loud. He must be pretty annoying then.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
"one-line spammer who is so self-absorbed that he thinks its excusable. he believes himself to be a very professional smash player and very well may be but hes about as humble as a boner in sweatpants."

Del Money that made me lol.

EDIT: @ Blue Bomber - It might take a whole different thing on Sonic saying this because all his 2D games were excellent. Sonic Rush, Sonic Advance were awesome they stayed true to Sonic's 2D classics, but made it more up to date. I mean Sonic Rush was complete 2d with the 3d element stuff, then when you beat the first two zones, you end up fighting Eggman as always, but this time you move from 2D then to 3D, back and forth. It was fun and I couldn't get enough of playing it.

Del Money

Smash Champion
true but heres the problem. Sonic was excellent in 2D but Sonic NEEDS to envolve to 3 dimensions. big name platform heroes like mario, rayman, and crash bandicoot have all been comfortable in the 3D world. Sonic is definitely a different kind of platformer but the idea is still the same (level exploration, defeat enemies, hop on platforms, avoid obstacles/hazards, get to the end, etc.). Sonic Adventure made a great stab at this except the took out the Sonic aspects and threw in...fishing...and shooting...both which had unstable interfaces and chicken**** controls to boot. and the overwhelming glitches and the unstable camera tore it dow as well as all 3D Sonic games to follow. i believe a well-designed Sonic game can run flawlessly as youve seen in Sonic GL clips (for those that dont know, its a 3D Sonic fangame thats temporarily or perhaps permanently shutdown, however demo clips can be seen on youtube search "Sonic GL"). i just think Sega hasnt taken the time to do that and i believe that rushing to release Sonic titles (3D consoles i mean) one by one almost every 4 to 6 months isnt helping and is rather making them lazier.
Capcom tried to do this with MMX7 and MMX8. I personally loved the 2D and 3D mix, but the public did not recieve them well. Oh how the mighty have fallen......
**** i didnt even know the MMX series went 3D. WTF...why are platformers failing in 3D?
Nice to meet you too. After he referred me to the site and showed me the ropes, he told me if I was to put anyone on my buddy list, it should be you (at least I think so. I think he said someone with Money in their name, but so far, you're the only one I've run into like that).
hahah yeah thats definitely me.
But yeah, he said he got banned for participating in a flamewar in one of the threads...
lol not surprised. in fact im a little glad i didnt have internet access this weekend (cuz i was away) otherwise i probably wouldve been banned alongside him pwning stupid n00bs
Wow, that's hilarious. :laugh: I literally laughed out loud. He must be pretty annoying then.
definitely. im surprised RDK didnt mention him to you
"one-line spammer who is so self-absorbed that he thinks its excusable. he believes himself to be a very professional smash player and very well may be but hes about as humble as a boner in sweatpants."

Del Money that made me lol.
when RDK gets back and see that...h'll probably piss his pants laughing and then when his bladder fills up...he'll piss himself again hahaha
I mean Sonic Rush was complete 2d with the 3d element stuff, then when you beat the first two zones, you end up fighting Eggman as always, but this time you move from 2D then to 3D, back and forth. It was fun and I couldn't get enough of playing it.
perhaps a mixture of 2D and 3D might work for Sonic (though i personally would perfer full 3D). i mean the partial 2D stuff kinda worked for Crash Bandicoot back in his playstation days

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
EDIT: @ Blue Bomber - It might take a whole different thing on Sonic saying this because all his 2D games were excellent. Sonic Rush, Sonic Advance were awesome they stayed true to Sonic's 2D classics, but made it more up to date. I mean Sonic Rush was complete 2d with the 3d element stuff, then when you beat the first two zones, you end up fighting Eggman as always, but this time you move from 2D then to 3D, back and forth. It was fun and I couldn't get enough of playing it.
I just started Sonic Rush yesterday and it is exactly what a new sonic game should be: FUN

Can't wait for Sonic Rush 2

**** i didnt even know the MMX series went 3D. WTF...why are platformers failing in 3D?
X8 was 2D with 3D graphics. X7 actually was full 3D, 2D, and 2.5D. I can give you more details in the MM thread:)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
It's gonna take a lot for SEGA to make 3D sonic the best ever. It's much more harder on them, mainly cause Sonic isn't like Mario and others. Mario is slow made for exploring, but Sonic was made for running, he makes the main objective just to finish. People want full control of Sonic, but SEGA didn't realize how it would effect the franchise. I hope the next Sonic game will make Sonic something again. Times like these upset me cause it has to be Sonic, it could be any other video game character, but no it's Sonic.

Del Money

Smash Champion
but thats the thing though...i dont see how Sonic not being like other platformers should excuse the glitches and camera issues. the homig attack system is a pain but its more bearable and would porbably be more flawless if collision detection and camera views were corrected for once. honestly i think Sega's laziness is the big problem rather than Sonic's 3D compatibility

SiD

Smash Master
Definitely. If they stopped rushing to get games out on time and just stayed in developement until the game was actually ready for the public, I think we'd have a very capable 3D Sonic without glitches, poor hit detection, and with a camera that works with you instead of against.

SiD

Smash Master
Gosh n00b, there's one on teh first page of this thread, and on about every 3 since then.

OMGodzorz, I t0tally pwn3d yoo n00blet.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Definitely. If they stopped rushing to get games out on time and just stayed in developement until the game was actually ready for the public, I think we'd have a very capable 3D Sonic without glitches, poor hit detection, and with a camera that works with you instead of against.
exactly...i cant figure out why the camera is so difficult to correct. i kinda wish they went back to the Sonic R game engine with updated graphics. when everyone says Sega sucks completely at camera angles in 3D Sonic games, most people overlook Sonic R. sure it was far from the best Sonic game out there (especially with the horse**** vocals in the music). and sure, few people have played it (it was only for Saturn and PC for those that dont know) since before Sonic Gems Collection was released but that engine just felt like it worked for 3D Sonic and i remember when i played it alot back then...it was my shining hope for a 3D Sonic platforming game.
I'm guessing you specialize in particularly unfunny one-liners and like to make fun of people just because they're not familiar with a certain thread.
actually his one-liners are pretty friggin hilarious...but seriously though theres moveset all over, ill fish one out when i start feeling a bit more generous
Smooth Criminal
dude wtf? i definitely stole that from him first
Lol....how come you stole Smooth Criminal's name-sign thing?
because we can hahaha...all in good fun, Smooth Criminal is a pymp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom