• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Can anyone just picture Dean Harrington saying the word "SONIC!" on a character screen? I'd be looking forward to such a voice saying that name.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Seeing Sonic on the character roster period is great, hearing his name "SONIC!" would surprise me so much I would just repetitively keep choosing him to hear it. That would be o' so sweet.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Seeing Sonic on the character roster period is great, hearing his name "SONIC!" would surprise me so much I would just repetitively keep choosing him to hear it. That would be o' so sweet.
dammit you stole my idea. i want sonic for brawl so bad. oh congrats on 400 by the way, k!llsw!tch

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion

Del Money

Smash Champion
400th post thx Del. I gotta have Sonic in brawl, well I strolled along this article today, it references about that fake article, but skip to the bottom to the whole E for all thing. I don't know what they mean by that, anyone know.

http://smashbrawl.com/2007/07/22/sonic-rumors-return/#more-213
the E For All thing is yet another article that stated that "Sega fans will be happy" when Sakurai unveils a new cahracter at some event or something. most likely another fake article.
I'm pretty sure that's fake, they wouldn't even know that information at customer support.
customer support are about as smart as Reggie anyways...

SIDE NOTE: for those few people in this thread who actually care about Sonic 2006 coming out for the PC (those who signed anyways but dont really care, thanks anyways), i may have mentioned this already but a spanish-to-english translation of an article confirms that Sonic 2006 will be release for PC on August 24th 2007 by Atari games. now we know it is pure fact that Atari (of Spain) is releasing Shadow the Hedgehog for PC via searching ww.es.atari.com. but all searches for Sonic 2006 came up empty so we may have yet another fake article about Sonic on our hands

Garuda

Smash Ace
Man, if you're gonna make a fake... at least make it look real. And use spell check. Besides, the sentence "Sega fans will be happy" sounds WAYYYY too obvious.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Man, if you're gonna make a fake... at least make it look real. And use spell check. Besides, the sentence "Sega fans will be happy" sounds WAYYYY too obvious.
i know right? thats why i hate fakes. and plus we wont know any real info on 3rd party characters until brawl is release period. how do i know? because its been brought to my attention that Sakurai's blog on the first version of the brawl site said so. of course this could change but right now im gonna stick with that. so basically come brawl's release we'll know if Sonic is in or not. until then, we most likely wont know crap...its pretty sad

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I think Sonic is already in after thinking about it, but SEGA makes bad decisions....... a lot. My theory could mean nothing. Well I thought that SEGA would tell us if Sonic wasn't in by now if he wasn't in, mainly cause the hype has gotten bigger than ever. If he wasn't in they would tell us because it would take time to die down. Fake articles pop up like an unexpected erection, fake articles = more hype. Things get big quick, then the Media gets their hands on it and BOOM full fledged debates, speculation, and rumors. I hope SEGA doesn't go for that though cause I want Sonic in brawl. This theory has been discussed a lot. Well if another fake article comes out, I hope it looks real enough to keep us pondering, not like the Spanish article. If your gonna start controversy make sure it makes sense. Well I know there's gonna be speculation of Sonic through the weeks, hopefully this week will link something to Sonic, give us something to talk about, mostly every topic has been discussed.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Fake articles pop up like an unexpected erection...Things get big quick....
lol...sorry couldnt help myself. ill be more serious this time
I think Sonic is already in after thinking about it, but SEGA makes bad decisions....... a lot. My theory could mean nothing. Well I thought that SEGA would tell us if Sonic wasn't in by now if he wasn't in, mainly cause the hype has gotten bigger than ever. If he wasn't in they would tell us because it would take time to die down. Fake articles pop up like an unexpected erection, fake articles = more hype. Things get big quick, then the Media gets their hands on it and BOOM full fledged debates, speculation, and rumors. I hope SEGA doesn't go for that though cause I want Sonic in brawl. This theory has been discussed a lot. Well if another fake article comes out, I hope it looks real enough to keep us pondering, not like the Spanish article. If your gonna start controversy make sure it makes sense. Well I know there's gonna be speculation of Sonic through the weeks, hopefully this week will link something to Sonic, give us something to talk about, mostly every topic has been discussed.
true in all respect but i dont know what kind of update Sakurai can give us to signal Sonic being in brawl that would be appropriate at this time. also, Sega being nice enough to tell us if Sonic wasnt gonna be in brawl really depends on how much testicular fortitude they really have. im not sure if they would really want to announce more Sonic-based disappointment or rather have the fans find out for themselves like we have with most of the 3D sonic games

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
but if they really did just outright say that Sonic wouldnt be in...
that would leave us wondering if this is their way of increasing hype...
so that its an even bigger surprise...
in other words, if they did say it outright, it wouldnt bring any closure to the subject...
gosh darn you Sega!!!:mad:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*doggy-ears his page in Harry Potter 7 and hippity-hops over to SmashBoards*

****ing Sonic. Still not ****ing confirmed. Still be a ****ing ****. ****.

That D-bag's got some nerve.

SonicMario

Smash Master

Whoa there NRWC. You must be having a long and hard day. Sit down and relax:laugh:
Besides, if he is in he will be announced after Brawl comes out or at best, Tokyo Game Show.

Del Money

Smash Champion

bravo. bravo. did think you had it in you. youre becoming more like me hahaha--*assuming NRWC is a little scared at that statement, i slowly and non-subtly cease my laughter)*

seriously though, so long as Sega doesnt blurt out that theyre not putting Sonic in brawl im gonna try and keep my head up (except for that ******* ****ing bull**** quote "that's not on the cards at the moment"---oops dammit Del Money stop ****ing cussing)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Whoa there NRWC. You must be having a long and hard day. Sit down and relax:laugh:
Besides, if he is in he will be announced after Brawl comes out or at best, Tokyo Game Show.
I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, and only 4 hours the night before that . . . . And it's J. K. Rowling's fault! *gives aforementioned HP book death glare*
So I suppose I'm slightly cranky. But I also really miss this thread, but didn't really have anything worth posting in it. So I *****ed. I should probably sleep, but there's a Brawl update in, like, 3 hours now. So, here I sit.

[/end pointless life story]

I'm hoping for that Tokyo Game Show option. I can't make up my mind on how likely that is though. Are Sonic's chances lower because he's hidden/third-party? Or are they higher because that would cause oodles of hype? I am befuddled.

bravo. bravo. did think you had it in you. youre becoming more like me hahaha--*assuming NRWC is a little scared at that statement, i slowly and non-subtly cease my laughter)*

seriously though, so long as Sega doesnt blurt out that theyre not putting Sonic in brawl im gonna try and keep my head up (except for that ******* ****ing bull**** quote "that's not on the cards at the moment"---oops dammit Del Money stop ****ing cussing)
I know. I was thinking of you the whole time, typing that post. Like "How many times would Money swear here?"

"Lots" was the answer I came up with.

Del Money

Smash Champion
You must be having a long and hard day.
thats enough dirty jokes out of you, young man...jk
thats just the thing though...it was broguht to my attention that on the previous brawl site, Sakurai's blog stated that unlockable characters will not be revealed until brawl is released and that all 3rd parties fall in that category as well as other unlockables nintendo characters. i guess Snake being revealed in trailers may have just been to build up hype about 3rd party possibilities
I know. I was thinking of you the whole time, typing that post. Like "How many times would Money swear here?"

"Lots" was the answer I came up with.
hey believe it or not, ive gotten better. and plus i only do it so that people can see how cool dem asterix's dont look

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm hoping for that Tokyo Game Show option. I can't make up my mind on how likely that is though. Are Sonic's chances lower because he's hidden/third-party? Or are they higher because that would cause oodles of hype? I am befuddled.
I think if is a little higher then you i guess mentioned, knowing big guys want him in. I have a list of 4 big people in both Sega & Nintendo

Nintendo
Miyamoto (Creator of Mario F.C.O.L)
SAKUARI (He went in front of a crowd, and said Sonic is the most requested 3rd party. PERIOD)

Sega
Naka (Creator of Sonic, although retired:()
Whoever created SatSR (In an article linked in Wikipedia)

Del Money

Smash Champion
i bet SiD stands for "Sega is Doomed" which they damm well are if i dont get no hedgehog in brawl. im telling you guys if the end on 2k7 yields poor bearings from Sega, the machete is coming out and some heads are gonna roll

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
You're a Lord now, are ya Del? How you going through the ranks so fast- inside connections? assassinations? I'm on to you....

SiD could also stand for "Smash is Divine," "Sid is Deity," "Soup is Delicious," "Sonic is Daring/Daeomon/Dilapidated/Dashing."

I feel I should actually contribute at least once in this post...... SiD for "Future crappy sonic game play-tester." Del Money for Speaker of the House. Kabyk for 'International Man of Mystery'. Sonic for Brawl

Del Money

Smash Champion
I want Green Hill Zone Music.:(
lol...ive been saying that since day one
I feel I should actually contribute at least once in this post...... SiD for "Future crappy sonic game play-tester." Del Money for Speaker of the House. Kabyk for 'International Man of Mystery'. Sonic for Brawl
hahaha right. just keep giving SiD constant sequels of SatSR with the same controls and even more cutscenes. i comment on even one of SiD screams of agony. and you can...errr...well...be mysterious

SiD

Smash Master
hahaha right. just keep giving SiD constant sequels of SatSR with the same controls and even more cutscenes. i comment on even one of SiD screams of agony. and you can...errr...well...be mysterious
The 7th circle of hell, where the Super Devil stabs you while you play and doesn't give you any syrup.

Syrup Is Da-bom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom