• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Yea, so I don't really know these bands, but I like a good bit of the Sonic songs......

I AM THE EGGMAN, THAT'S WHAT I AM, I AM THE EGGMAN, I'VE GOT THE MASTER PLAN.

RDK

Smash Hero
I AM THE EGGMAN, THAT'S WHAT I AM, I AM THE EGGMAN, I'VE GOT THE MASTER PLAN.
*SCOFFS* God, Eggman is SUCH a gay name.

Why, SEGA---WHYYYY!?!?!?!

uhhhh....no. my most hated song from any Sonic game next to Big's thme in SA1
Big the Cat? Also gay.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
there was a fanmade Sonic RPG actually like 6 or more years ago. it was based off SatAM and included some Chaotix characters too and was actually really creative and cool but that was back when i didnt have a CD-burner and it was too large for floppy (*lol at "too large for floppy" hahahhaaha*) so i guess its gone now,and i cant find it online anywhere.

there were actually some decent 3D Sonic fanmade games in development but most of those died or havent heard an update from in forever (Sonic XN, Sonic GL, Sonic Robo Blast 2). anyway fanmades are cool but they feel far too fake when i play em. if only Sega will make something worth calling real (even though ill still play the ****ty games anyways..lol)
prolly get those on ebay for less actually so i plan to hit that up pretty darn soon.
I meant official games.

I know what game your talking about! That SatAM RPG sonic game pwned. A shame we cant find it anywhere, I WANT it.

Sonic Robo Blast was super awesome. Especially Single Player mode with 5 friends online.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@k!llsw!tch
Julien-K is the artist to This Machine and personally i think Sonic Heroes had god-awful music all-round. What I'm Made Of (Team Super Sonic boss theme) was incredible though. the Sonic Heroes theme was ok too and (heres where everyone will start to lose respect for me)...i liked Team roses theme

@RDK
its pitiful isnt it? 8 years of hell for the Sonic franchise. honestly i must say that i definitely enjoyed the Sonic series games/TV shows/comics combined a lot more prior to 1999

@Wizzlecroff
yeah Crush 40 guitar riff FTW!!!!

@Puffball64
damm you played that TOO!!! *quoting Borat*ITSA NICEE-A!!!
and yeah srb2 was ok, never tried the online mode though. we need more good fangames. especially if Sega's just gonna botch everything up

Sonic 4 Brawl

Smooth Criminal

RDK

Smash Hero
@RDK
its pitiful isnt it? 8 years of hell for the Sonic franchise. honestly i must say that i definitely enjoyed the Sonic series games/TV shows/comics combined a lot more prior to 1999
I don't think Sonic has it as bad as Bomberman's franchise...all we get are revamped versions of the same game every few years, ported to every system imaginable. Have you seen Bomberman: Act Zero for 360? *PUKES OUT OF SKULL*

I do have to agree, though--SEGA has made some bad decisions in regards to their golden boy franchise, but at least you don't have the double-threat Ubisoft/Hudson at the helm.

Sonic 4 Brawl

Smooth Criminal
Lol...why'd you steal Smooth's thing?

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
*ahem* hi. I was sort of glancing over some of the thread, and I'd like to suggest a different style of Sonic Moveset then what I saw on the first and last couple of pages.

I believe that Sonic's moveset should work around his famous extreme speed, and the moves from Sonic Battle seem to fit him as good as any other, so I think I will work with that. (unfortunately, I won't be putting any exact percentages, I really don't know how to balance those)

A moves

A: Sonic Punch: A simple jab
AA: Sonic Kick: A spin kick to the stomach following Sonic Punch
AAA: Top Kick: A high kick to finish the combo, slight knockback, sends foe upwards
Ftilt: Spin Kick: Sonic kicks the enemy from the side with a mid-height kick. middling knockback, sends foe outwards on a flat trajectory
Utilt: Blue Uppercut: Sonuc uppercuts the enemy, middling knockback, sends foe upwards
Dtilt: Trip Kick: Similar to Ness' Dtilt, Sonic zips out a foot to kick someone in the feet. No knockback, very fast
Dash: Sonic Windmill: Sonic spins around in the air with one foot out. Knockback potential is similar to Yoshi's dash attack.

Fsmash: Sonic Flare: Sonic flips around, switching his weight to his hands while he lashes out with both feet. Good knockout potential, Sonic floats backward a short distance after use.
Usmash: Sonic Updraft: Sonic performs a backflip, blasting the foe upward
Dsmash: Spinout: Sonic curls into a ball and performs a fast spin in place. Blasts away enemies on both sides on a low trajectory.

Nair: Windmill tear: Sonic spins wildly in one spot in the air with feet out, to the point where he is just a blue blur of motion. Good knockback.
Fair: Sonic Backhand: Sonic backhands the space in front of him. Meteor Smash
Bair: Back Kick: Sonic flips backwards and kicks behind him.
Uair: Air Flip: Sonic flips 180 degrees vertically, kicking outward
Dair: Quill spike: Sonic curls up and spins downward. Low-to-no knockback, multiple hits.

Special Moves:
Neutral B: Spin Dash: Sonic crouches and spins in place. Holding B charges his spin, and releasing sends him forward. Sadly similar to Jiggs' Rollout, however an uncharged spin dash will still actually be damaging, and the move is faster, but less powerful, then the Rollout.
Up B: Jump Dash: Sonic pops forward in the air, curling into a ball and blasting past any enemies that get in his way.
Down B: Sonic Meteor: Sonic curls up and smashes downwards, bouncing off the ground. From the time he curls to the time he uncurls after the bounce, he is dangerous, and getting hit is about the same as an uncharged smash attack.
Side B: Sonic Wave: Sonic spindashes in place, producing a burst of air that travels along the ground and causes good knockback. Sonic Wave in the air shoots the burst of air on a diagonal trajectory toward the ground.

Final Smash: Super Sonic: The Chaos Emeralds gravitate around Sonic and orbit him, transforming him into the golden, glowing Super Saiyan Sonic. Super Sonic is an enhancement Transformation. Sonic himself remains unchanged but for a few things.
A: his speed shoots through the roof and into the stratosphere
B: His attacks become far stronger then before.
C: Sonic Wave's burst of air is a shining, glowing gold color.
D: His Up B is now Chaos Soar; a flying move where he can be freely controlled on a limited flightpath that damages whatever he happens to crash into.
E: He accumulates no damage from being hit.

What do you think? I felt that my interpretation of Super Sonic was the only way to use him that both stayed true to the games, and kept him from becoming a clone of the Volt Tackle.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I don't think Sonic has it as bad as Bomberman's franchise...all we get are revamped versions of the same game every few years, ported to every system imaginable. Have you seen Bomberman: Act Zero for 360? *PUKES OUT OF SKULL*

I do have to agree, though--SEGA has made some bad decisions in regards to their golden boy franchise, but at least you don't have the double-threat Ubisoft/Hudson at the helm.

I could care less about what SEGA does to some of their other games ( except for Nights and Virtual Fighter) I just really want them to save Sonic. Thats not the way you should treat your mascot. Maybe just maybe SEGA will get a cold hard slap to the forehead and Sonic will be as big as Mario again.

Sonic wave that was the move......thanks enlong I couldn't remember it.

RDK

Smash Hero
Nair: Windmill tear: Sonic spins wildly in one spot in the air with feet out, to the point where he is just a blue blur of motion. Good knockback.
Hurricane Kick, FTW!!!

WOOT!

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Sonic wave that was the move......thanks enlong I couldn't remember it.
Yer quite welcome. I was actually just looking up all his moves from Sonic Battle and using the good ones. Should I repost it, since cruel fate put it on the bottom of the page?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Have you seen Bomberman: Act Zero for 360? *PUKES OUT OF SKULL*
heard terrible awful stories about it
but at least you don't have the double-threat Ubisoft/Hudson at the helm.
ok apart from Bomberman Act Zero and those ****ing Rabbids i havent heard of too many UbiSoft ****ups apart from those two. ubisoft had been fairly strong within the Rayman franchise otherwise (and successfully able to convince those idiot n00bs at gamespot that Raving Rabbids is good). somehow that stupid game is the 3rd best-selling Wii title although the Wii has been out for like a year and the only real competition is Twilight Princess and WiiSports which comes with the damm system. nonetheless Sega's screw-ups are many and we can only hope they take the ****er out of their mouths and revamp themselves

lol just for kicks...rather me say 1337marth?

@Enlong

ok so for your moveset, the A moves and be pretty arbitrary within reason of course. the B moves are where theres trouble. using chaos control to teleport for up+B just is NOT Sonic at all. a good try but just not the image anyone, Sonic fan/hater/in-between, would get. the Sonic wind for a side+B seems to give Sonic a projectile of his own but as most gamer know, Sonic pretty much IS a projectile. Sonic's meta-game is brawl should be all about movement and technique and pretty much no projectile spamming. think Captain Falcon. hhell, his friggin knee is a projectile lol. anyways thats just my 2 cents. otherwise the Super Sonic stuff looks great. Super sonic would be the ideal final smash for Sonic but if they deem Super Sonic's character in general as too broken to use for a final smash (which im afraid of), the sonic wind might becone the FS instead

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
@Enlong, that's a pretty decent moveset for Sonic. good that he doesn't have a lot of punches, bcuz that's what knuckles does, not sonic.

@Del Money, do you get paid at this internship of yours? Hope not, otherwise you're being paid to be a forum nerd....actually come to think of it....that doesn't sound that bad.....

**runs off to warn Scav and other moderators that Del Money is coming to take their post counts and r@pe those numbers in the a@@**

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
@ DelMonkey

Ok. I understand the need for a better Recovery. However, I could not, in my knowledge of Sonic Games, think of a move that could... hey, you know that thing where you're saying to someone that you have no answer to a problem, and while you're explaining that, the answer comes to you? That just happened.

Up B: Springboard Leap: Sonic, with an extra burst of effort, leaps higher into the air. The speed at which he does this sends a low-grade shock wave surrounding him, damaging those who he crashes into. (the up-R out of a spring trick thing from Sonic Rush)

(In any case, Sonic has been known to use Chaos Control for recovery. In SA2, he used it quite frequently on the Bridge Battle)

As for the Sonic Wave thing, I believe that if I were to use another move that has sonic being the projectile, it'd be far too similar to the Spin Dash. Projectile Spam with the Sonic Wave would be nigh-impossible, for two reasons. First of all, like in Sonic Battle, the air burst from Sonic Wave would travel on the ground, and fizzle when it hits open air, and the move launches fast, but it floats Sonic backward like the Sonic Flare, so it's hard to spam use of it.

However, I did think of an alternative...

Side B: Sonic Boom: Sonic sets off running with an incredible burst of speed. This move rockets Sonic forward a small bit, surrounding Sonic with a shock wave that sends those whom he crashes into flying ahead of him. (Ability, circa Sonic Rush)

What do you people think of my approach to the Super Sonic idea?

RDK

Smash Hero
**runs off to warn Scav and other moderators that Del Money is coming to take their post counts and r@pe those numbers in the a@@**
Lol...Scav won't care. He's too lazy.

I don't know how Del Money does it...what other threads are you subscribed to, Money, besides this one, the smashbrosdojo.com one, and the Megaman 4 Brawl one?

ok apart from Bomberman Act Zero and those ****ing Rabbids i havent heard of too many UbiSoft ****ups apart from those two. ubisoft had been fairly strong within the Rayman franchise otherwise (and successfully able to convince those idiot n00bs at gamespot that Raving Rabbids is good). somehow that stupid game is the 3rd best-selling Wii title although the Wii has been out for like a year and the only real competition is Twilight Princess and WiiSports which comes with the damm system. nonetheless Sega's screw-ups are many and we can only hope they take the ****er out of their mouths and revamp themselves
KK...Bomberman: Act Zero isn't that much of a big deal for me anyway (I don't own a 360, and the type of people who play it don't play Bomberman games anyway), and I couldn't care less aboot that Rayman flop.

What pisses me off is Ubisoft/Hudson's attempts to spit out 50 million Bomberman games and try to pass them off as of good quality. Look at the last 5 or so Bomberman games in the last few years. They all basically have the same engines (according to their respective systems)!

And they think the franchise fans won't notice. At least SEGA doesn't take their fans for *******.

*LOOKS AT SONIC HEROES*

Oh...wait....

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
It is best that you do not take move that is mainly specific to one game. Plus it's actually shadow's move. Sonic says"I'll use your move, Chaos Control!" usually he cuts himself off though like "I'll use you, Chaos Control!"

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
At least SEGA doesn't take their fans for *******.

*LOOKS AT SONIC HEROES*

Oh...wait....
Why is that game so hated? I didn't think it was great, definately not up to Sonic Rush standards, but it wasn't "burn in the fiery pits of BurgerTime" bad either. Was it the story? (although, place that story alongside SHtH, and it ain't so bad)

Oh, and Sega fans are getting what they want, soon enough. I firmly believe that the sequel to Sonic Rush will be good, as well as this Sonic RPG (I heard that the people developing it have never made a bad game). Plus long-time NiGHTS fans (and rabid sequel-cravers) are finally getting their wish with NiGHTS, Journey of Dreams.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
It is best that you do not take move that is mainly specific to one game. Plus it's actually shadow's move. Sonic says"I'll use your move, Chaos Control!" usually he cuts himself off though like "I'll use you, Chaos Control!"
Yeah, I made a better move, the Springboard Leap (my own crappy name), that is more Sonic in nature, and is used in more games (like, all the 2d Sonic Platformers since Sonic Advance (2?))

(edit: sorry for the double post. I'll be less careless next time)

Edit again: I just thought of an even better recovery move: The Jump Dash. Jump Dash is the name give to Sonic's trademark Homing Attack when performed with no enemies to home in on. It was dubbed Jump Dash by Omochao in SA2, and would make a good recovery. Sonic curls up and pops forward. Fast, damaging, and very Sonic in its style.

RDK

Smash Hero
Was it the story? (although, place that story alongside SHtH, and it ain't so bad)
Not really...probably the levels, and the time it takes to get through them.

*GLARES AT CHAOTIX LEVELS*

Oh, and Sega fans are getting what they want, soon enough. I firmly believe that the sequel to Sonic Rush will be good, as well as this Sonic RPG (I heard that the people developing it have never made a bad game). Plus long-time NiGHTS fans (and rabid sequel-cravers) are finally getting their wish with NiGHTS, Journey of Dreams
From what I've read, that upcoming Sonic RPG game looks like the ****e. Which means awesom, if you don't understand me, lol.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Del Money, do you get paid at this internship of yours? Hope not, otherwise you're being paid to be a forum nerd....actually come to think of it....that doesn't sound that bad.....

$14.50/hr to screw around on smashbaords? i think ill take my chances with Scav
@ DelMonkey
thats not my name
Up B: Springboard Leap: Sonic, with an extra burst of effort, leaps higher into the air. The speed at which he does this sends a low-grade shock wave surrounding him, damaging those who he crashes into. (the up-R out of a spring trick thing from Sonic Rush)
do you mean leaping in the tradition "just-jumped-on-a-spring-pose"? or in a ball? and plus we thought an aerial upward spin dash that can ride on wall might work better. what do you think?
(In any case, Sonic has been known to use Chaos Control for recovery. In SA2, he used it quite frequently on the Bridge Battle)
well yeah but that was in-game just to keep from automatically dying every 10 or so seconds
As for the Sonic Wave thing, I believe that if I were to use another move that has sonic being the projectile, it'd be far too similar to the Spin Dash. Projectile Spam with the Sonic Wave would be nigh-impossible, for two reasons. First of all, like in Sonic Battle, the air burst from Sonic Wave would travel on the ground, and fizzle when it hits open air, and the move launches fast, but it floats Sonic backward like the Sonic Flare, so it's hard to spam use of it.

However, I did think of an alternative...

Side B: Sonic Boom: Sonic sets off running with an incredible burst of speed. This move rockets Sonic forward a small bit, surrounding Sonic with a shock wave that sends those whom he crashes into flying ahead of him. (Ability, circa Sonic Rush)
was the traditional homing attack not cutting it for you? or the somersault roll? we thoguth it mightve been better to somersault on land and homing attack if in the air. and what youre describing to me sounds like a homing attack
I don't know how Del Money does it...what other threads are you subscribed to, Money, besides this one, the smashbrosdojo.com one, and the Megaman 4 Brawl one?
bomberman, megaman, sonic, smashbros.com, diddy, ridley (has two flame wars both led by me in there), offical whos gonna return (but i never post there), the sex appeal one (but i only posted there once), the 2006-07 melee tier list (lotsa @$$holes in that thread...especially Brookman), the new tails for brawl thread, there probably a couple more i forgot about
KK...Bomberman: Act Zero isn't that much of a big deal for me anyway (I don't own a 360, and the type of people who play it don't play Bomberman games anyway), and I couldn't care less aboot that Rayman flop.
i would. they ****ing botched up Rayman and brainwashed the public to thing Raving Rabbids is actually good
What pisses me off is Ubisoft/Hudson's attempts to spit out 50 million Bomberman games and try to pass them off as of good quality. Look at the last 5 or so Bomberman games in the last few years. They all basically have the same engines (according to their respective systems)!
sounds familiar huh?
And they think the franchise fans won't notice. At least SEGA doesn't take their fans for *******.

*LOOKS AT SONIC HEROES*

Oh...wait....
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

@Wizzlecroff
you noticed that too? hahahhaha so ridiculous

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
@ Del Money (sorry about the mix up, it looked like monkey to me)

The side B as the Homing attack doesn't make a whole lot of sense, in my opinion. The Homing Attack is almost always done as an areal attack. But it did make it into my move-set now, as the new-new Up-B, the Jump-Dash. Jump Dash is the name give to Sonic's trademark Homing Attack when performed with no enemies to home in on. It was dubbed Jump Dash by Omochao in SA2, and would make a good recovery. Sonic curls up and pops forward, or upward, or whatever -ward you choose. Fast, damaging, and very Sonic in its style.

I really, really think that the side-B should just stick with being the Sonic Wave. I felt it was a good move in Sonic Battle, and its own limitations preclude Sonic from being a projectile spammer.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Why is that game so hated? I didn't think it was great, definately not up to Sonic Rush standards, but it wasn't "burn in the fiery pits of BurgerTime" bad either. Was it the story? (although, place that story alongside SHtH, and it ain't so bad)

Oh, and Sega fans are getting what they want, soon enough. I firmly believe that the sequel to Sonic Rush will be good, as well as this Sonic RPG (I heard that the people developing it have never made a bad game). Plus long-time NiGHTS fans (and rabid sequel-cravers) are finally getting their wish with NiGHTS, Journey of Dreams.
Why does SEGA never look at the hand held Sonic games success, They were all good. Also Bioware is the KING of RPGs, they are making a Sonic RPG which they should of made for a counsel. Bioware made Jade Empire, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, and are making the highly anticipated Mass Effect, so the last thing anyone should worry about is if they mess up Sonic RPG. I saw the screen shots for the new Sonic rush and they are great. I gotta have that game. SEGA just wants to be up to everyone else's standards so they make 3d games which have mostly sucked, the 2D, run through loops, super speed, games is what made Sonic fans who they are.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Why does SEGA never look at the hand held Sonic games success, They were all good. Also Bioware is the KING of RPGs, they are making a Sonic RPG which they should of made for a counsel. Bioware made Jade Empire, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, and are making the highly anticipated Mass Effect, so the last thing anyone should worry about is if they mess up Sonic RPG. I saw the screen shots for the new Sonic rush and they are great. I gotta have that game. SEGA just wants to be up to everyone else's standards so they make 3d games which have mostly sucked, the 2D, run through loops, super speed, games is what made Sonic fans who they are.
Rush was awesome. The whole time I played, I was tapping the Mega-boost button, blasting through enemies, and seeing how fast I could reach the Goal Ring (while keeping an eye out for Special Zone portals on that blurring screen) And it was awesome, a total and complete rush to play.

Now, if they want to make next-gen Sonic, they should take a look at Super Paper Mario. Mario's first Wii excursion is 2.5 D platforming, and it's awesome. Meanwhile, Sonic continues to mire in 3D exploration and roadblock games, and it sucks.

What they need to understand is that just 'cause the system can have Sonic go back and forward as well as left and right, doesn't mean that he has to. If they made a traditional-style Sonic platformer, using the high-end power of the Wii, 360, and PS3, then it would likely be awesome. Look what 2.5 D did for Sonic Rush!

RDK

Smash Hero
KOTOR and Mass Effect FTW! Yeah Bioware!

Well, if Bioware's doing the RPG, there's not sweating that they won't do a good job.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
KOTOR and Mass Effect FTW! Yeah Bioware!

Well, if Bioware's doing the RPG, there's not sweating that they won't do a good job.
Yeah, I know. The uncertainty comes from not knowing how Sonic translates to RPG, and not knowing what X means, where X = Suck + Win. This game is the ultimate Pass/Fail exam for Sonic, and the uncertainty is driving me mad (though I do trust BioWare, not only are they RPG gods, but they're Canadian, what's not to love?)

(not to say that the Sonic Series = suck, but Sega's been giving Sonic sucky adventure titles for too long, and hopefully this'll get him some good PR, and the success of Rush Adventure will solidify that 2 - 2.5 D platforming is where Sonic belongs)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
That makes me happy that someone besides the fans still want Sonic alive. Almost every critic wants the hedgehog dead, but lucky to us, someone as talented as Bioware came to the rescue. SEGA is lucky, if not for them or Nintendo( to sell some of Sonics and other SEGA games on), we would have saw them gone years ago.

I shouldn't jinx anything.

Del Money

Smash Champion
The side B as the Homing attack doesn't make a whole lot of sense, in my opinion. The Homing Attack is almost always done as an areal attack. But it did make it into my move-set now, as the new-new Up-B, the Jump-Dash. Jump Dash is the name give to Sonic's trademark Homing Attack when performed with no enemies to home in on. It was dubbed Jump Dash by Omochao in SA2, and would make a good recovery. Sonic curls up and pops forward, or upward, or whatever -ward you choose. Fast, damaging, and very Sonic in its style.
ok i see where i confused you. the jump dash is what i meant for side+B rather than homing attack. however a smash bros recovery should generally (DK being an exception) have a decent vertical to it which is why the jump-dash doesnt seem to work for me. the dash part would seem to happen in mid-air after Sonic has already jumped or double jumped. Sonic would perform the air-dash part of it with about the starting lag of capt. falcons (really stupid looking IMO) side+B and the same horizontal distance covered. on the ground i figured the side+B would be a somersault with the same starting lag as falcons side+B and the same distance covered by it.
I really, really think that the side-B should just stick with being the Sonic Wave. I felt it was a good move in Sonic Battle, and its own limitations preclude Sonic from being a projectile spammer.
ok well ive never played Sonic Battle so i dont really know how the move works. plus i misunderstood and thought of the Sonic wind of SA2 rather than the Sonic wave which ive never seen before...my bad
i still have faith in 3D, its Sega that needs to take the ****er out of their brown eye and face facts. look up Sonic GL on youtube and watch the trailer. thats a fanmade Sonic game currently in the making. more info on it can be found at http://www.bosser-jerome.com/sonic_the_hedgehog_gl_sonic_gl_3d_game_opengl_en.php.
either way, Sonic 3D games need to start giving characters the gameplay that worked in Sonic 3 & Knuckles except in 3 dimensions with good graphics, a fine-tuned camera, and so more falling through solid platforms (****ing collision detection blows)

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
ok i see where i confused you. the jump dash is what i meant for side+B rather than homing attack. however a smash bros recovery should generally (DK being an exception) have a decent vertical to it which is why the jump-dash doesnt seem to work for me. the dash part would seem to happen in mid-air after Sonic has already jumped or double jumped. Sonic would perform the air-dash part of it with about the starting lag of capt. falcons (really stupid looking IMO) side+B and the same horizontal distance covered. on the ground i figured the side+B would be a somersault with the same starting lag as falcons side+B and the same distance covered by it.
Yes, that is how my moveset has it. >B allows you to Somersault on the ground and does a Homing attack in the air, but has a 2 second "cooldown" and bounces you up a bit. The Up B makes Sonic attempt to Run on air called the Sonic Dash. If he hits a wall he begins to run up it. If he doesn't he starts to fall and can grab on a ledge.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Wow Sonic GL looks great, I like the whole Super Sonic Speed look and feel. A few camera issues, but they are probably figured out by now. That slide feature I noticed made the game look more exciting than just running and actually test reflexes like what we got out of Sonic advance and Sonics 16bit games. It looks like the camera will stay behind you and not wander off, though it tightens in when Sonic is in a tight space. It's only work in progress, so good so far. Also what were those things Sonic was fighting.

EDIT: I read the site, he said he had stopped on the project.

Del Money

Smash Champion
The Up B makes Sonic attempt to Run on air called the Sonic Dash. If he hits a wall he begins to run up it. If he doesn't he starts to fall and can grab on a ledge.
wait a sec. what the hell, Wizzie (im calling you that for now on BTW)? i thought the up+B was an upward spin and he spins up the wall

Wow Sonic GL looks great, I like the whole Super Sonic Speed look and feel. A few camera issues, but they are probably figured out by now. That slide feature I noticed made the game look more exciting than just running and actually test reflexes like what we got out of Sonic advance and Sonics 16bit games. It looks like the camera will stay behind you and not wander off, though it tightens in when Sonic is in a tight space. It's only work in progress, so good so far. Also what were those things Sonic was fighting.

EDIT: I read the site, he said he had stopped on the project.
no clue what Sonic was fighting. and HE STOPPED THE PROJECT??? ****!!!!

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
no clue what Sonic was fighting. and HE STOPPED THE PROJECT??? ****!!!!
I have to admit, that guy looks like he's doing better than SEGA themselves. He has that camera down. Seems that SEGA doesn't know people like to wander around with Sonic, they always think the player will stay on course.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I have to admit, that guy looks like he's doing better than SEGA themselves. He has that camera down. Seems that SEGA doesn't know people like to wander around with Sonic, they always think the player will stay on course.
true...i mean make no mistake, video game programming especially with 3D graphics engines and such it one of the hardest types of programming to do. i got 2 more years of undergrad colege left and i thought about taking an innovative video game development course but then id have no life and probably fail it cuz its friggin hard. even still its tough to successfully make a 3D game with no flaws but this guy apparently seemed to work hard at it. also Sega has far more resource than this guy and had so much practice with Sonic in 3D so why the hell have they screwed up so damm much??!!!

also where does it say he stopped the project?

RDK

Smash Hero
also Sega has far more resource than this guy and had so much practice with Sonic in 3D so why the hell have they screwed up so damm much??!!!
Greed.

Want for money = pumping out low-quality Sonic games that they know fans will eat up despite suckyness = lotsa Benjamins.

SEGA doesn't care about its fanbase anymore.

P.S:

http://www.gamespot.com/n64/action/bomberman64/video_player.html?id=I3I0lmSq5bsKuDQ

Teh Ultimate Bomberman game. After this one, it started going downhill.

Lol, catchy trailer tune. Sounds kind of like...Spiderman...

Del Money

Smash Champion
SEGA doesn't care about its fanbase anymore.
not the first time ive heard that line (even some people on the Sega boards used it). and it certainly wont be the last time i hear it either. i mean seriusly everyone. i know ive been bashing Sega alot but this is the year they better make me put my foot in my mouth. Sonic better be playable. M&SatO better not suck. and they better release Sonic 2006 for PC with some bug fixes and improvements (but that probably wont happen this year anyways).

oh and i remember than Bomberman 64 ad on TV like back in 1997 or 1998 i think. man that was classic. never played, probably shouldve. i heard it was the last good bomberman

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I dunno, maybe they think their games are good? I know they were proud to announce Secret Rings, which I will....don't say anything SID....will be testing in a few days.

I did watch that Sonic GL. the speed boost effect is very cool, and it's simple to, I believe its fading the last second of camera before launch into the swooshing of the camera after launch. Either way, it looks pretty interesting. Although, other than free-roaming and camera, I don't see very much distinctiveness about it from other Sonic, although it doesn't look even partially done. I don't want to nick-pick at it.

What's the next Sonic game coming out again? Other than S&M Olympics

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
true...i mean make no mistake, video game programming especially with 3D graphics engines and such it one of the hardest types of programming to do. i got 2 more years of undergrad colege left and i thought about taking an innovative video game development course but then id have no life and probably fail it cuz its friggin hard. even still its tough to successfully make a 3D game with no flaws but this guy apparently seemed to work hard at it. also Sega has far more resource than this guy and had so much practice with Sonic in 3D so why the hell have they screwed up so damm much??!!!

also where does it say he stopped the project?
Heres the link. http://www.bosser-jerome.com/ This is on the introduction it says he doesn't know quite yet if he'll continue. It's about a few weeks old.

@Kabyk-Greenmyst The only Sonic games coming out right now are Sonic RPG (name in development) and Sonic Rush 2 Adventure both for DS. Both games look like they'll be quite amazing. No major counsel releases that I know of.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, I know. The uncertainty comes from not knowing how Sonic translates to RPG, and not knowing what X means, where X = Suck + Win. This game is the ultimate Pass/Fail exam for Sonic, and the uncertainty is driving me mad (though I do trust BioWare, not only are they RPG gods, but they're Canadian, what's not to love?)

(not to say that the Sonic Series = suck, but Sega's been giving Sonic sucky adventure titles for too long, and hopefully this'll get him some good PR, and the success of Rush Adventure will solidify that 2 - 2.5 D platforming is where Sonic belongs)
Ever heard of Super Mario RPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom