• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
****it Del, I dont post for 1 day, and you make 11 pages of posts? Stop it. Now. lolz.

Likewise on never playing MGS series, but I've heard its made of insta-win in a can.

I'm still looking for Sonic Rush, s'hard to find here. A friend let me play it once, and I LOVED it.

After I buy Rush, I'll try getting Rush Adventure, since it looks awesome.

Then I'll get that Sonic RPG, since I've been dreaming of a Sonic RPG since SA.

By then hopefully someone would've made a good Sonic game....

Not likely though...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You can buy GC Twin Snakes for like $10 in bargain bins these days. Same with Eternal Darkness, which is also an awesome game.

I'm a Nintendo fan, but one of the reasons I loved these games so much is because, although they were immensely high quality, they were nothing like Nintendo's own games.

An Eternal Darkness character would be awesome in Brawl, but I highly doubt we'd see it happen.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Then I'll get that Sonic RPG, since I've been dreaming of a Sonic RPG since SA.
there was a fanmade Sonic RPG actually like 6 or more years ago. it was based off SatAM and included some Chaotix characters too and was actually really creative and cool but that was back when i didnt have a CD-burner and it was too large for floppy (*lol at "too large for floppy" hahahhaaha*) so i guess its gone now,and i cant find it online anywhere. oh well
By then hopefully someone would've made a good Sonic game....

Not likely though...
there were actually some decent 3D Sonic fanmade games in development but most of those died or havent heard an update from in forever (Sonic XN, Sonic GL, Sonic Robo Blast 2). anyway fanmades are cool but they feel far too fake when i play em. if only Sega will make something worth calling real (even though ill still play the ****ty games anyways..lol)
You can buy GC Twin Snakes for like $10 in bargain bins these days. Same with Eternal Darkness, which is also an awesome game.
prolly get those on ebay for less actually so i plan to hit that up pretty darn soon. im thinking Twin Snakes would be a good place to start. will i need to have any previous MGS experiences to enjoy this game to its fullest?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
im thinking Twin Snakes would be a good place to start. will i need to have any previous MGS experiences to enjoy this game to its fullest?
Nope.

Twin Snakes is a remake of the first Metal Gear Solid game, and like I said, it's downright excellent, not to mention hilarious in many places.

I'd buy the sequels, if they were out for a Nintendo platform.

SiD

Smash Master
What I want from a new Sonic game...is for it not to be rushed. I guarantee that Sonic 2006 was rushed to get it out for Sonic's 15th anniversary, and it shows. Sonic controls bad at high speeds which he didn't before so I don't understand, and it has way more/longer load times than it should've.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd rather they just take their time with the next one as well (which will hopefully just be Wii exclusive).

SatSR was a worthy effort, but with all of the development resources spent on Sonic 2K6 going instead to the next Wii Sonic game, I think it has a chance of being truly excellent.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I decided to make movesets for my 3 favorite characters for brawl. I tried to design it with originality, yet balance in mind. Tell me what you think.

Sonic has the special ablility when in his Running state to run up walls. He can Run fast enough to not fall from a wall or Ceiling. Yes he can run understages. However, if he attempts to turn around it will slow him down too much and he will lose grip.

B: Roll-Charges a roll. It takes 2 seconds to get full power. When B is released it rolls at a very fast speed. This is able to be jumped out of, can be jumped out of in the air too, but requires a jump left. The direction cannot be changed. Medium Knockback. 8-11%

Forward B: Somersult/Homing Attack-When done on the ground, Sonic lunges forward a few feat with a somersult flipping anyone in front of him behind him. Little Knockback. 5-8% When done in the air, Sonic rolls up and lunges toward the enemy automatically with a Homing Attack. This can be done again 3 seconds after the enemy is hit. If enemy is hit, then it bounces Sonic up a little bit. If it misses, Sonic flies for a few seconds.

Down B: Bounce- Causes Sonic to change into a ball that bounces into the air, if done in the air, Sonic falls quickly to the ground to bounce up again. Cannot bounce very quickly in succession. Medium knockback. 7-10%

Up B: Sonic Dash- Attempts to Run on Air by dashing diagonally upward either Left or Right. If a wall is hit, puts you into the "Run on Wall" state. If wall is not hit or ledge not reached, Sonic falls unable to do anything.

Del Money

Smash Champion
wow Wizzlecroff. wow indeed. that moveset was off the "FO WIZZLE" *had to say it*. i especially like what you did with the forward+B. your idea for the up+B was my original thought too but then the invisible upward spring idea seemed to kick in more. the now that you went into more detail with the up+B i feel i like it a bit better. great job. the sonic tornado is still a possibility but more geared towards Sonic Heroes and SA2 so i think your up+B is "teh FTW".

@SiD
i completely forgot Sonic 2006 came out close to the holiday season. and was a 15th anniversary thing too. now i guess theres no doubt it was rushed and probably rushed more so that SA1 for Dreamcast. its a shame Sega cant plan anything for ****. if they cant meet deadlines then who knows where we'll stand with Sonic in brawl (no, im not referring to that stupid 7/26 hoax)?.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I was trying not to make it seems liked any of these were too powerful, but make him very different from the other characters.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I was trying not to make it seems liked any of these were too powerful, but make him very different from the other characters.
well most of it were the moves we said before...but still you took physics and knockback and such into greater detail and all move are originally from Sonic and not something that would have to be made up by Sakurai (sort of like what happened to capt. falcon). nonetheless, great moveset

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Yea, i figured that some of them were taken into consideration before. The "feature" i like the most is the running on walls part. I find it different, but balanced.

Del Money

Smash Champion
wow i hit 800 haha and my 800th was the biggest flame post in the world (referring to the smashbros.com thread). hahaha always gotta keep it real. anyways what to discuss? hmm.....Sonic 4 BRawl

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
So which Sonic would you guys rather see in brawl,normal Sonic,or SatSR Sonic? They're the same thing, but Sonic's moveset could differ a little bit.His FS could even be Darkspine Sonic! :cool:

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Woo just got me a new computer. ^^ I wanna see the next gen Sonic appear in this game, it would make sense saying all the Nintendo stars have just gotten updated.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Woo just got me a new computer. ^^ I wanna see the next gen Sonic appear in this game, it would make sense saying all the Nintendo stars have just gotten updated.
New computer eh? Too bad you'll never be able to play Sonic the Hedgehog next gen on it.:laugh::p:lick:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Normal Sonic.

Better representation of the hedgehog, plus, I find myself venomously hating SatSR now. It was fun for the first day or two that I rented it, then I slowly realized that all I was basically doing was driving a brake-less racecar, trying to dodge roadblocks.

AND, I got stuck on a level where you have to collect like 100 rings before you finish the level. And I kept getting, like, 95-98. And being as it's more trouble than it's worth to try and go backwards, it got very frustrating.

Yeahhhhhh. I'm done.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Try equipping ring stuff.SatSR is awesome IMO (how many times have I said this now?). About as close as we're going to get in terms of the 2d Sonic I think.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Normal Sonic.

Better representation of the hedgehog, plus, I find myself venomously hating SatSR now. It was fun for the first day or two that I rented it, then I slowly realized that all I was basically doing was driving a brake-less racecar, trying to dodge roadblocks.

AND, I got stuck on a level where you have to collect like 100 rings before you finish the level. And I kept getting, like, 95-98. And being as it's more trouble than it's worth to try and go backwards, it got very frustrating.

Yeahhhhhh. I'm done.
i can tell you something right now...SiD would definitely wanna make sweet love to you after a post like that. all jokes aside though that was the factor that completely turned me off one year ago when everyone thought SatSR was gonna be epic JUST because Sonic was the only playable character in single player. Sonic games are supposed to be free-roaming. If (*to quote the lyrics of the best song in a Sonic game thus far*)"this only way to break free is to break the mold", then why should you be confined to a predetermined path? Sonic is a platformer not a rollercoaster ride
About as close as we're going to get in terms of the 2d Sonic I think.
WHAAAAAAAA?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
i can tell you something right now...SiD would definitely wanna make sweet love to you after a post like that. all jokes aside though that was the factor that completely turned me off one year ago when everyone thought SatSR was gonna be epic JUST because Sonic was the only playable character in single player. Sonic games are supposed to be free-roaming. If (*to quote the lyrics of the best song in a Sonic game thus far*)"this only way to break free is to break the mold", then why should you be confined to a predetermined path? Sonic is a platformer not a rollercoaster ride
WHAAAAAAAA?
Was SatSR that bad? Was gonna look into it maybe later.

And what song and stage is that? I like the City Escape song ><

Wonder what stage Sonic would have.. Oh yeah nvm its been discussed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, if you see SiD before I do, be sure to tell him he can have his way with me.

HAHAHAHA.....Ha. Ohhhhhhhhh, the silliness.

Really though, I found SatSR more of a chore to play than anything. Once you've been stopped by a wall or an enemy or something, it takes you a good while to get your momentum back. Then, once you're flyin' as fast as Sonic should, you're twisting the wiimote left and right like a spaz trying not to hit anything.

Then again, I never did mess with the ring technique thingies, as GB? suggested. Maybe that's the key. I do recommend you at least rent the game to figure out if you like it yourself. It is fun in the beginning, at least.

Del Money

Smash Champion
True......or is it...........*points to Del Moneys petition*
thats the way, boyyyieeeee
Was SatSR that bad? Was gonna look into it maybe later.

And what song and stage is that? I like the City Escape song ><

Wonder what stage Sonic would have.. Oh yeah nvm its been discussed.
city escape is the name of the stage. song is done by Crush 40. songname: Escape From The City. oh and i dunno how bad SatSR is but the complaint ive heard so far seen to match my initial thoughts prior to its release. nonetheless ill still try it when i get a Wii and probably buy it anyways like a good Sonic fanboy

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
True......or is it...........*points to Del Moneys petition*
dont worry...:)
youll definitely get for the PC...
youre just gonna have to wait anywhere from 3-6 years like you did with Sonic CD...
not that the wait wasnt worth it...
it was one of my favorite Sonic games ever (im sure somebody will flame me for that)...
that game proved that somebody other than Sonic Team has the ability to make a Sonic game...
and not a half bad one at all either...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
City Escape is a great song.Although when I make a smash video (whenever I get around to it),I'm definitely using "His world" by ZebraHead.It's the theme song for Sonic next gen and it's awesome. :grin:

RDK

Smash Hero
zebrahead fan since 1999, BYAHHHHHHHHH
Obscure Bands, FTW!

I like a lot of music by bands no one's ever heard of...too bad, too, cuz it's good music.

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm a pro marth player FTW!!!
Gah! Don't do that anymore, unless you want to be dead on the floor, mistaken for a certain wrath-inciter.

*PUTS WHOOPIN' STICK BACK IN SHEATH*

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
City Escape is a great song.Although when I make a smash video (whenever I get around to it),I'm definitely using "His world" by ZebraHead.It's the theme song for Sonic next gen and it's awesome. :grin:
Zebrahead actually has some good songs besides the His world one. Karma flavored whiskey, Alone, Dear you, um can't remember much of them, they did a handful of songs for Tony Hawk games.

Del Money

Smash Champion
k!llsw!tch FTMFW! you are officially the mackdaddy! i have 4 of their CDs and His World is one of my most played songs on iTunes as well as Runaway, Heres To You, Anthem and so many moreeeee. anyways...uh... *trying to think of something to say*...Sonic 4 brawl

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
k!llsw!tch FTMFW! you are officially the mackdaddy! i have 4 of their CDs and His World is one of my most played songs on iTunes as well as Runaway, Heres To You, Anthem and so many moreeeee. anyways...uh... *trying to think of something to say*...Sonic 4 brawl
Here's to you, and Athem I love those two songs though, but yeah Sonic for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom