• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow so I guess your cool because your full of yourself then?
So that's what they call "cool" these days...meh, oh well.

Someone please tell me the majority of the people on this forum don't talk like this kid...
And don't go dissing people on the 'Boards, or people will get pissed. People, as in me.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok SiD what were gameplay flaws you found with SatSR? all i recall you telling me was the cardboard cutout cutscenes and i think you said the controls were iffy too and the voice-actiong...well...was Sega-style voice-acting

SiD

Smash Master
ok SiD what were gameplay flaws you found with SatSR? all i recall you telling me was the cardboard cutout cutscenes and i think you said the controls were iffy too and the voice-actiong...well...was Sega-style voice-acting
Yeah the game controlled like an *** on a stick, errrrrr, just controlled real bad. Also, Being on rails sucks as you guys have pointed out. Also, Sonic is really freaking slow until you get upgrades, which also sucked. And the cutscenes as I said before were the essence of suck.

As much as StH sucked on 360, it was still much more enjoyable as a Sonic fan than SotR.
Totally agree

RDK

Smash Hero
The cutscenes in Secret Rings probably weren't as bad as the ones in '06 (epileptic siezures).

So what's this crap about Sonic being on rails? That = teh gayness.

Plus, no Sonic games should be slow. Isn't Sonic's whole montra supposed to be SPEED?

WTF, Sega?

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
By sonic 06 you guys mean the StH for ps3/360 right?

If so the cutscenes in the game were beautifulicious. I watched the opening cutscene over and over just because of how cocky Sonic was when he came out.

QTF = Quoted For Truth

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah that first cutscene is awesome, where sonic knocks a robot off a cliff with a tap of his toe. That crazy *******.

RDK

Smash Hero
QFT = Quit ****ing Talking

Lol, jk.

Yeah, we are talking aboot the cutscenes from '06, as well as SatSR.

Del Money

Smash Champion
And as for you, Del Money. No, I'm not ******** like Matt Damon on Team America. :laugh:

Smooth...
hahahaha. i think i ****ed up the way of the Criminal. its all good, man just say it. it adds character (does the opposite if youre 1337marth)
The cutscenes in Secret Rings probably weren't as bad as the ones in '06 (epileptic siezures).

So what's this crap about Sonic being on rails? That = teh gayness.

Plus, no Sonic games should be slow. Isn't Sonic's whole montra supposed to be SPEED?

WTF, Sega?
this is worrying Del Money
By sonic 06 you guys mean the StH for ps3/360 right?
yes (and hopefully for PC too)
If so the cutscenes in the game were beautifulicious. I watched the opening cutscene over and over just because of how cocky Sonic was when he came out.
lol i love that part, watch it in Sonic AMVs fairly often...obsessed?...i think so
QTF = Quoted For Truth
QTF = qwhat teh ****

Del Money

Smash Champion
Okay, I signed your damm petition. Saw K!llSw!tch on there. High five! Too slow.

I feel stupid now....
lol thanks SiD you can always says you contributed to a greater gaming cause if Sonic 2006 come out to PC and seeing as i can always find something good in all Sonic games (except those that end in -abyrinth or -kypatrol) i figure a good amount of Sonic fans can do the same too especially if youre right about it being better than SatSR. did you by any chance manage to see how many signatures the petition had already?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hah I just remembered that I bough Sonic Heroes awhile ago for ten bucks.. Game sucked somethinh fierce.. Though most of my Sonic memories are on this stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naF_ih6A-FU

I love that song for some reason.. I was so good at that stage I would pwn those rails and I used to know where all the rings were when I was running from the truck... I would abuse that stage for the racoon or something since all I was doing was raising my Chao.

Sonic for Brawl and I love it.

RDK

Smash Hero
Creepy, a commercial for a ringtone for "Party like a rockstar" came on and the thing jumped to the beat.
Lol, sweet.

um...like 246 of those guys were from the Sega boards
...not so sweet.

So how exactly do these online "petitions" work, anyway? Do the game devs even take a look at them after enough ppl have signed them, and after you email it to them?

SiD

Smash Master
Ok just finished the level and I must say, I am thoroughly entertained. Although I am a bit confused as to why they would even make a truck that's wider than the street....

Del Money

Smash Champion
Creepy, a commercial for a ringtone for "Party like a rockstar" came on and the thing jumped to the beat.
scary...
You've convinced me Onyx, I'm gonna go pop in SA2 and play me some City Escape. WOOT!
and while youre at it play, Sonic Labyrinth. SA2 is so annoying now, i almost never wanna touch it again (except Final Rush now thats the **** right there)
So how exactly do these online "petitions" work, anyway? Do the game devs even take a look at them after enough ppl have signed them, and after you email it to them?
i dunno, i didnt make it. but i think we just send a link to the gamedev when we feel we've got enough sigs

Del Money

Smash Champion
What's annoying about SA2?
*sigh* if only Vali was here...
- a washed up attempt at sex appeal where Amy failed miserably for one
- cheezy supermoves especially Tails which sound uber-gay where he uses it
- the horrific racing levels with the ****ing president's gay-mosine
- the terrible treasure hunting which actually was far worse than in SA1 cuz now only one emerald indicator blinks at a time making you techincally only search for one emerald at a time in a stupid order
- horrific boss battles except the Biolizard and the egyptian giant statue thingahoocher (for Sonic anyways)

oh and congrats on reaching 200 posts if you reach it before i done with this. you should consider posting in the smashbros.com thread. your ability to bash people could come in handy and ive got my hands full pwn the n00bs

SiD

Smash Master
I like the treasure hunting better, the levels are way better than in SA1.

I'll probably head on over the that thread as backup.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*sigh* if only Vali was here...
- a washed up attempt at sex appeal where Amy failed miserably for one
- cheezy supermoves especially Tails which sound uber-gay where he uses it
- the horrific racing levels with the ****ing president's gay-mosine
- the terrible treasure hunting which actually was far worse than in SA1 cuz now only one emerald indicator blinks at a time making you techincally only search for one emerald at a time in a stupid order
- horrific boss battles except the Biolizard and the egyptian giant statue thingahoocher (for Sonic anyways)

oh and congrats on reaching 200 posts if you reach it before i done with this. you should consider posting in the smashbros.com thread. your ability to bash people could come in handy and ive got my hands full pwn the n00bs
-I don't see where the sex appeal comes in.. maybe from Rouge but eh..
-Super moves?
-Oh yeah.. Racing levels suck.. I hate those ones.
-Treasure finding was irritating, good thing I played it so much I knew where all of the places were :/
-Boss battles were sketchy too, some were good.

I just enjoyed City Escape and the chaos!

Del Money

Smash Champion
I actually loved both of the Sonic adventures. And I guess I'm the only person waiting for an Adventure 3. lol
no me too. and hopefully when a Sonic game that as IS a platforming game comes out on Wii, we'll get that wish

@Onyx
yes i meant Rouge

I like the treasure hunting better, the levels are way better than in SA1.
- running levels of SA2...yes they were better (though Speed Highway was and still is the ****).
- shooting levels of SA2...yes better than that E102 bull**** levels (though the shooting aspect shouldve died will SA1 anyways)
- treasure hunting levels? **** no

Blah. Treasure hunting wasn't too hot for me. I did like the music for must, but it was just bloody horrible to find some later on in the game.
vocal music in SA2 was far better than in SA1 atleast. best Sonic game vocal trackof all time...DEFINITELY HIS WORLD Sonic theme version (though the Zebrahead version is good too, and yeah theyve been one of my favroite bands since 1999 so i was stoked when i heard they were in on this). 2nd best song is definitely What I'm Made Of at the end of Sonic Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom