• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
...Still have not tried Sonic and the Secret Rings. I guess I'm not down for the tilt controls. I just wish Nintendo realized not everybody wants to use those darn tilt controls!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I liked Sonic Labyrinth.

I thought S&tSR was a good game though. Maybe not great, but still good.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Sonic and the Secret Rings looks fun, I gotta rent it or something, I don't understand why people don't like it as much, guess I'll try it out for my self.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
A game seems funner if you don't read the review or focus on every little flaw. Reviews spoil it, and you never know who reviews the game. What if they hate what you like.

Del Money

Smash Champion
A game seems funner if you don't read the review or focus on every little flaw. Reviews spoil it, and you never know who reviews the game. What if they hate what you like.
very true which is why i hate gamespot. 1. theyre overrated when theyre so inaccurate. and 2, their friggin rating system is usually based on one dooshbags opinion. the critic's score usually deviates from the general publics score by 2 points or more...thats pathetic. but its even more upsetting when a review tells you about something thats not there. i didnt see and slowdown in SA:DX whatsoever, neither the Cube version nor the PC version. either way, i dont think im gonna read reviews anymore, but rather just look at the out of 10 score and if its lower that 4 then i wont consider the game

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
very true which is why i hate gamespot. 1. theyre overrated when theyre so inaccurate. and 2, their friggin rating system is usually based on one dooshbags opinion. the critic's score usually deviates from the general publics score by 2 points or more...thats pathetic. but its even more upsetting when a review tells you about something thats not there. i didnt see and slowdown in SA:DX whatsoever, neither the Cube version nor the PC version. either way, i dont think im gonna read reviews anymore, but rather just look at the out of 10 score and if its lower that 4 then i wont consider the game
I'm pretty much not reading a review until I finished a game. Sonic Adventure 2 was great to me, but reviews thought otherwise, I didn't focus on every flaw, instead I enjoyed what I got. I didn't pay 50 dollars for a game to find out later it sucked and not ever play it again. Heck I'm still playing it today. Yea, but lower than a 4 is a rent for me. X-Play is what makes me mad, they are cruel to almost every video game star that isn't Mario or Master Chief. Also I never understand a d*** word they say until they give the final rating.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much not reading a review until I finished a game. Sonic Adventure 2 was great to me, but reviews thought otherwise, I didn't focus on every flaw, instead I enjoyed what I got. I didn't pay 50 dollars for a game to find out later it sucked and not ever play it again. Heck I'm still playing it today. Yea, but lower than a 4 is a rent for me. X-Play is what makes me mad, they are cruel to almost every video game star that isn't Mario or Master Chief. Also I never understand a d*** word they say until they give the final rating.
how credible is 1up?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
1. they spend $300-500 on a video game console...honestly, i wouldnt be proud of that

I agree with everything you said in this post... but let me remind you that 300 to 500 bugs is what we are already spending on a wii with nunchuks and wii fi conection and Brawl.... X_X

ad without taking in consideration the wii points and all the accesories the wii games have =P

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I agree with everything you said in this post... but let me remind you that 300 to 500 bugs is what we are already spending on a wii with nunchuks and wii fi conection and Brawl.... X_X

ad without taking in consideration the wii points and all the accesories the wii games have =P
The difference is, for all that stuff, we get something out of that extra money. It's not all just for the console.

Del Money

Smash Champion
There's nothing wrong at all with liking Sonic Labyrinth.
true...there's just something wrong with Sonic Labyrinth

lol i was gonna say "well thats what ebay is for but apparently next-gen systems cost more on ebay. but still like Berkus Rhyme With Circus said, eventually microsoft is gonna finally be innovative (lol cant believe i said that) and then crank out accessories that cost more money that theyre actually worth), while the Wii accessories (though expensive and absurdly increasingly in number) will only add to the already low console price

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
ah ok, i see now....!

About sonic and the secret rings..... i played it on a friend's.... and i will say that the game would have ben just excellent if not for the little detail that i just friggin hate that i cant have full control of sonic.

It simply nerves me the fact that the guy runs alone, and thati cannot turn back and explore the land but i have to go on a pressed course always.

IMO that sucked major balls.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ah ok, i see now....!

About sonic and the secret rings..... i played it on a friend's.... and i will say that the game would have ben just excellent if not for the little detail that i just friggin hate that i cant have full control of sonic.

It simply nerves me the fact that the guy runs alone, and thati cannot turn back and explore the land but i have to go on a pressed course always.

IMO that sucked major balls.
OMG THANK YOU!!! prior to SatSR when everyone was in Sonic heaven thinking that this was gonna be the savior of the Sonic franchise, i personally thought it would seriously take it in the brown eye. and that was ALL because of damm forced movement. Sonic is platformer NOT a rollcoaster. jeez i was wondering if anyone else besides me had a problem with that....dear lord...

It still urks me though that to get a wiimote with a nunchuck, it's $60.
on that note...screw brawl...ill buy my damm Wii 2 years from now and be a total n00b til then. way to save the day there, SiD

Del Money

Smash Champion
...sigh want a Wii...and despite how terrible some Sonic games are *cough*labyrinth_or_2006*cough* it gives me piece of mind to know i either own it or have played it (spoken like a true fanboy i know). if it means blowing a fraction of my summer internship earnings then im all for it. but no $500 next-gen systems for me unless im getting more that just hardware and cables and just 1 controller

RDK

Smash Hero
Originally Posted by SiD
It still urks me though that to get a wiimote with a nunchuck, it's $60.
Jesus Christ!

but then i wont be able to get SatSR *has a darn good idea whats coming next*
I wouldn't go blowing your internship money on buying a console solely to play a game you already know sucks balls. If I were you, I'd just stick by my PC and hope to God those bas_ards over at SEGA release it for the ol' compy.

Del Money

Smash Champion
RDK beat me to it. Well said, mainly the part about it sucking balls.
um...dude, he was talking about Sonic 2006...the game you seem to defend all the time and i sure hope its actually worth it
I wouldn't go blowing your internship money on buying a console solely to play a game you already know sucks balls. If I were you, I'd just stick by my PC and hope to God those bas_ards over at SEGA release it for the ol' compy.
i know right? i wasnt planning on actually following through on getting a 360. especially since all the Halos will be on PC and GTAs too (even though i dont play GTA much anyway). also heard Gears of War was coming to PC too. but yes id prefer Sonic 2006 to come to PC (and it would be nice for RDK not to be the only one helping to make this possible *points to sig*:))

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I'd say your time is better spent waiting for Sonic Rush Adventure.

Plus, I think you should turn your petition into a "make a GOOD sonic game and also port it to the PC" petition. The game was just horrible, man. I'd be willing to sign that one.

Trust your pals on this one.

RDK

Smash Hero
also heard Gears of War was coming to PC too
Seeing as how they're doing that PC and 360 online game compatibility thing, it would seem that Gears coming to PC would be a possibility.

(and it would be nice for RDK not to be the only one helping to make this possible *points to sig*)
Lol--everyone, sign that thing so he stops bit_hing!

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^^ Gears IS coming to PC it was on E3, I want sonic for PC but my sucky PC can't take it. I would need a new graphics card to hold something like a Sonic game.

Del Money

Smash Champion
So get a $400 360.
i meant to say "care to spot me $400, ol buddy?"
I'd say your time is better spent waiting for Sonic Rush Adventure.

Plus, I think you should turn your petition into a "make a GOOD sonic game and also port it to the PC" petition. The game was just horrible, man. I'd be willing to sign that one.

Trust your pals on this one.
ok first off, i need a DS too. this friggin sucks im too much of a Sonic PC/console gamer (minus the next-gens since ive kinda deprived right now). 2nd, all the Sonic Advances and Sonic Battle i never bought and cant play now anyway since i sold my GBA. is the DS really worth $149? and plus Sonic 2006 may be awful, but if some Sonic fans like SiD and k!llsw!tch could tolerate it while hating Shadow the Hedgehog, i think ill take my chances since i liked Shadow the Hedgehog (gamplay and storywise minus the repetition/voice-acting/useless vehicles/over-done attempt to swear which were kinda funny)
Lol--everyone, sign that thing so he stops bit_hing!
yes please do
^^ Gears IS coming to PC it was on E3, I want sonic for PC but my sucky PC can't take it. I would need a new graphics card to hold something like a Sonic game.
you only needed a 16mb graphics card to play SA:DX and Heroes for PC, both on which ran fine on my P3 700MHz, 256MB RAM, 16MB ATI Rage 128 graphics card, Dell laptop running windows 98 SE (yes i never let go of old things *ew that sounded gay*). anyways i doubt the next gen Sonic would require anything past 32 MB for vid memory maybe 64 mb actually but thats it i would think

Del Money

Smash Champion
I think the DS is actually 129$, and yes its worth it.
ill consider it...but only after the Wii. IMO i figure im not missing much by not playing the newer handheld Sonics. and besides these days no one cares about handhelds anyways

RDK

Smash Hero
You're probably right--after that sickening flop of a handheld called the PSP, and the recently died-down DS user base, I'm losing faith in video game companies' abilities to make handhelds. >_<

Del Money

Smash Champion
i couldnt let this go....

@SiD
SatSR has no chance of being released for the "ol' compy", Sonic 2006 does...and my petition proves it. so yeah he definitely was talking about Sonic 2006 and not SatSR

Owned. lol

SiD

Smash Master
What are you talking about? The DS has been selling like crazy since it was released, especially since the DS lite.

SiD

Smash Master
i couldnt let this go....

@SiD

SatSR has no chance of being released for the "ol' compy", Sonic 2006 does...and my petition proves it. so yeah he definitely was talking about Sonic 2006 and not SatSR

Owned. lol
Look at his post, he directly quoted SatSR, why would he not be talking about it? Petitions prove nothing.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ok, so I watched the ending to Sonic 2006... and I just wanna know one thing... why do they still move like they're having epileptic seizures!? You think they'd fix that after Sonic Heroes.

RDK

Smash Hero
What are you talking about? The DS has been selling like crazy since it was released, especially since the DS lite.
I hate that Nintendo released the chunky, fatboy version of the DS first on purpose, just so everyone would be tempted to switch over to the 'Lite months later.

Nintendo is notorious for doing that (GBA SP, anyone?)

P.S: I like how you two are debating over 1 thing I said, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom