• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
Your 360 broke when you tried to play Sonic the Hedgehog?

Wow...SEGA's going down the shi_ter. Seem's like they're REALLY trying to get their fans to hate them now.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Your 360 broke when you tried to play Sonic the Hedgehog?

Wow...SEGA's going down the shi_ter. Seem's like they're REALLY trying to get their fans to hate them now.
or maybe microsoft just straight up likes guys. only things i like em for anyways was windows 98SE, XP professional, virtual pc, and OS compatibility with all Sonic games. other than that, if the 360 burns in hell i wouldnt shed a tear..(Halo 2 & 3 are coming to PC anyways haha)

RDK

Smash Hero
Halo 2 & 3 are coming to PC anyways haha)
...my thoughts exactly. Torrents, anyone? ;)

or maybe microsoft just straight up likes guys
QFT. 'Sticky this ****.

nly things i like em for anyways was windows 98SE, XP professional, virtual pc, and OS compatibility with all Sonic games.
If only they hadn't beat Apple to the competition and handn't signed those deals with PC makers saying that the PC had to bundle their pieces of crap with Microsofts piece of crap OS...

I'm not a Mac fanboy, I'm just an anti-Microsoft terrorist.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I think Sonic has a good chance in making this game. A large amount of the Smash fans would undoubtably love to see Sonic in Brawl. When Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games was annouced I just knew Sega was getting more friendly with Nintendo.

If Sonic does not appear then a lot of people will sure be disappointed. I think he will be annouced (if he's in the game) at something like the Tokyo Gaming Show, or another type of gaming show.

Fingers crossed people!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
There is a lot of Microsoft hate in this thread. Come on, you know halo is a good game. Do you really want to wait 2 or 3 years to get it on the PC?

Yes, Sonic is wanted very much and would make a fine addition. Lets hope everything goes his way.

Del Money

Smash Champion
If only they hadn't beat Apple to the competition and handn't signed those deals with PC makers saying that the PC had to bundle their pieces of crap with Microsofts piece of crap OS...

I'm not a Mac fanboy, I'm just an anti-Microsoft terrorist.
microsoft fails at almost everything. but mac is just an overall joke. notice how most people who use macs think theyre of "l33t intellect"? (no offense to anyone here). with regards to quality game compatiblity...and i mean quality...macs are about as compatible as a ****er and a lesbo. i mean seriosuly...the only respectable games for mac are made by friggin Blizzard (and for the record, i dont play Blizzard games)

I think Sonic has a good chance in making this game. A large amount of the Smash fans would undoubtably love to see Sonic in Brawl.
large amount of smash fan also want nothing to do with him
If Sonic does not appear then a lot of people will sure be disappointed. I think he will be annouced (if he's in the game) at something like the Tokyo Gaming Show, or another type of gaming show.

Fingers crossed people!
true but it would be alot better if we all got down-in-the-dumps about Sonic not showing up then all of sudden we buy brawl...unlock the last cahracter...and *BOOM*...its Sonic FTW mother****ers

RDK

Smash Hero
There is a lot of Microsoft hate in this thread. Come on, you know halo is a good game. Do you really want to wait 2 or 3 years to get it on the PC?
Yes.

There's lots of of other, even BETTER, FPS's out there than Halo that I enjoy playing...so I don't mind waiting a while for Halo Trois to get released to PC.

Microsoft is dumb if they're going to wait 2-3 years to release Halo 3 for PC, anyway--that's just a dumb idea.

PC users > 360 users

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I wouldn't expect all of you to like the 360, lol. Though, these "better" first person shooters are better to a much lower percent of the gaming world than that of Halo. Also, exactly why are PC users>Xbox 360 users? you mean in terms of skill?

Also, the large amount of smash fans that don't want anything to do with him... don't play him.

RDK

Smash Hero
Also, the large amount of smash fans that don't want anything to do with him... don't play him.
Lol...yeah, really.

I wouldn't expect all of you to like the 360, lol. Though, these "better" first person shooters are better to a much lower percent of the gaming world than that of Halo.
Meh...I just think Halo is WAAAYYY overrated.

Also, exactly why are PC users>Xbox 360 users? you mean in terms of skill?
I mean the actual systems themselves (PC pwns 360). Lol...no offense to you.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I wouldn't expect all of you to like the 360, lol. Though, these "better" first person shooters are better to a much lower percent of the gaming world than that of Halo. Also, exactly why are PC users>Xbox 360 users? you mean in terms of skill?
FPS's on consoles in general have been sucking lately anyways? Killswitch anyone? worst FPS ever...you can kill everyone on screen by hiding behind a wall. how dumb is that? and plus im not gonna 100% bash the 360. its graphics are phenominal and pwns the Wii (and that STILL pisses me off) but its just that the owners tend to this theyre cooler cuz:
1. they spend $300-500 on a video game console...honestly, i wouldnt be proud of that
2. they think they games are more fun cuz theyre slightly more mature. GTA games are only fun for like 3 hours tops. only fun mature games ive played is...lol...leisure suit larry the newest one (and that was for PC). HAHAHAHAHA friggin hilarious
agreed. anti-Sonic for brawl fools can go make love to a barbed-wire fence for all i care

RDK

Smash Hero
1. they spend $300-500 on a video game console...honestly, i wouldnt be proud of that
2. they think they games are more fun cuz theyre slightly more mature. GTA games are only fun for like 3 hours tops. only fun mature games ive played is...lol...leisure suit larry the newest one (and that was for PC). HAHAHAHAHA friggin hilarious
Yeah, I hate the 360-user's "elitist" attitude. It makes me wanna punch a baby.

"You're funding Microsoft, you ****tard!"

And mature games doesn't necessarily = fun/cool games.

P.S: Lol, I remember Liesure Suit Larry.

Classic.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
In truth, all I care about is Halo 3 for 360... and maybe Fable 2. Though, that doesn't mean they don't have good games. Oh, and you are right, Halo is overrated because there are people that believe it is the greatest game of all time. Keep in mind, Consoles are getting to the point in which they can do all the major things that PCs do. The next Gen consoles, could do everything a PC could do, but not playing games with a gay keyboard and mouse lol.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah, I hate the 360-user's "elitist" attitude. It makes me wanna punch a baby.

"You're funding Microsoft, you ****tard!"

And mature games doesn't necessarily = fun/cool games.

P.S: Lol, I remember Liesure Suit Larry.

Classic.
i know right? im never gonna sell out and buy a 360 or even PS3 for that matter (heres hoping a final fantasy collection including FF10,FF12,any future FFs will be released for PC). so if anyone more Sonic games get released on 360 or PS3 and not PC, ill probably punch that same baby

In truth, all I care about is Halo 3 for 360... and maybe Fable 2. Though, that doesn't mean they don't have good games. Oh, and you are right, Halo is overrated because there are people that believe it is the greatest game of all time. Keep in mind, Consoles are getting to the point in which they can do all the major things that PCs do. The next Gen consoles, could do everything a PC could do, but not playing games with a gay keyboard and mouse lol.
are you kidding me, Wizzlecroff? are you ****ing kidding me? you ever heard of the Saitek P990...BEST PC gamepad invented known to man! 4 shoulder trigger button, two clickable analong sticks. regular buttons in the front. only a n00b uses keyboard and muse (exception for Counter-Strike players)

RDK

Smash Hero
Not entirely true.

Next-gen consoles of their times could almost always do everything the PCs of their time could do. This is not new.

And plus, console systems only get upgraded every 5-or-so years. Computer systems get better and better every day.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Not entirely true.

Next-gen consoles of their times could almost always do everything the PCs of their time could do. This is not new.

And plus, console systems only get upgraded every 5-or-so years. Computer systems get better and better every day.
I could see your point, but I think that the consoles get much larger upgrades than Computers. I see consoles catching up extremely fast.

On Topic, Sonic should not use Magic Hand.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yes, it's true that consoles get bigger upgrades than PCs.

But that's because the PCs get tiny updates throughout time, as opposed to the console's mega-updates. It all adds up.

Which system you choose ultimately depends on whether you want tiny updates here and there, or a major update every few years. I'll take PCs anyday, cuz I use my PC for other things than gaming, too. Gaming's an added bonus. It's better than having both a PC and a 360--I'd rather just have a fast, game-playing PC.

Del Money

Smash Champion
and you have to pay like 500 or 600 big ones for those so-called console upgrades. remind me how much ram chips cost again? and no ones bashing halo, im just bashing the console fanboys who think theyre l33t (i hate that word). i can tolerate the madden players who just pick one an xbox or playstation and start playing. hell, i AM a madden player and think its a bit easier to play it on the xbox. but all those "sony/microsoft is the **** screw nintendo" people are just stupid as hell.

@Wizzlecroff

WTF is magic hand? wow i am a Sonic n00b lol

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I guess now that I'm a spammer, (because god forbid I not agree with the 10 posts before me, right?), according to Red Darkstar Kirby, who is always right btw, I think I'm just going to stop writing fairly large-sized and thought-out posts,(which I tend to do from time to time) which are spam btw again, and come back every so often and put in a totally off-topic zippy one-liner.

1st totally off-topic zippy one-liner:
Why did Red Darkstar Kirby's mom cross the road? To get away from him!

(Sorry if it was too lame for you, I know according to you I should be good at them since I do them all the time, again according to you, who is always right btw)

Until I come back with another one-liner in 5 minutes, which is totally my routine, every 5 minutes no matter where I am, Good-Bye!

EDIT: And thank you Del Money for politely accepting (dont think thats the best word) my final thought on the subject. And I know the 1337 comment was sarcastic and aimed towards Red Darkstar Kirby, thanks for that support too. Except you were wrong for doing so, because anything Red Darkstar Kirby doesn't agree with is totally wrong, he knows everything, didn't you know that?
(god, when will the sarcasm end!?)

Del Money

Smash Champion
I guess now that I'm a spammer, (because god forbid I not agree with the 10 posts before me, right?), according to Red Darkstar Kirby, who is always right btw, I think I'm just going to stop writing fairly large-sized and thought-out posts,(which I tend to do from time to time) which are spam btw again, and come back every so often and put in a totally off-topic zippy one-liner.

1st totally off-topic zippy one-liner:
Why did Red Darkstar Kirby's mom cross the road? To get away from him!

(Sorry if it was too lame for you, I know according to you I should be good at them since I do them all the time, again according to you, who is always right btw)

Until I come back with another one-liner in 5 minutes, which is totally my routine, every 5 minutes no matter where I am, Good-Bye!
well first off, if you wanted to disprove him...that wasnt the way to do it. and 2nd youre not 1337marth so its ok. anyways im curious as to why you havent contributed to anything other than doubt?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Maybe I did go a little overboard, but I had already politely conceded the point to you Del Money, and he still attacked me, even after I backed off. Calling me a spammer and what not. I just couldn't take that lying down. And it's a late response because god forbid I actually sleep instead of respond to his posts at 5 in the frickin morning.

RDK

Smash Hero
Jesus Christ, Greenmyst--it was just a joke.

No need for all the personal attacks.

And it's a late response because god forbid I actually sleep instead of respond to his posts at 5 in the frickin morning.
I never said you had to respond that early. It's not my fault if our timezones are different.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Maybe I did go a little overboard, but I had already politely conceded the point to you Del Money, and he still attacked me, even after I backed off. Calling me a spammer and what not. I just couldn't take that lying down. And it's a late response because god forbid I actually sleep instead of respond to his posts at 5 in the frickin morning.
ok well point taken but i wanna get back into the convo about what Sega can do to bring Sonic back to former glory (apart from the obvious).

oh and for the record Kabyk as well as everyone else: only reason i post so much thought the entire day is cuz at my full-time internship, my boss STILL hasnt given me yet another project to work on (even though if he did ill probably be here anyways lol). its like i get paid to use smashbaords...aint that the ****? *expects witty response from SiD*

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Well, I apologize. I try my best for quality and not quantity when it comes to posts. I just didn't like being called a spammer.

Anyway, I hadn't played any of the newest games, I'm planning on renting the Secret Rings for Wii. But apparently they are decent, or at least better than GCN, PS2, generation sonic games. So hopefully it is a step in the right direction.

RDK

Smash Hero
Anyway, I hadn't played any of the newest games, I'm planning on renting the Secret Rings for Wii. But apparently they are decent, or at least better than GCN, PS2, generation sonic games. So hopefully it is a step in the right direction.
Olympic Games looks like it could be fun, even if it is mini-game based. And if SEGA fixes this Sonic/Brawl inclusion fiasco, they might just be able to get their **** together.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i need to try Secret Rings too *waiting for a SiD remark* but i need a Wii first. as for the other next-gen Sonic i wanna try it too and am hoping it gets ported to PC (hence the petition in my sig). unfortunately 90% of everyone here deems that game as God-awful. most of the Gamecube Sonic titles you can get on ebay for like $6-10 each and most of those were deemed as awful too.

Sonic being in brawl would be a big help to his character but not so much to his games i dont think. and like 90% of everything in that "what can revive Sonic games" article k!llsw!tch provide was total crap. i just wanted to get general opinions on what would do it

Del Money

Smash Champion
Olympic Games looks like it could be fun, even if it is mini-game based. And if SEGA fixes this Sonic/Brawl inclusion fiasco, they might just be able to get their **** together.
thats the only thing i believe to be hindering Sonic being in brawl...Sega's competence
Is Sonic 06 really that bad?
SiD says no. everyone else says yes. i say i wanna try it without spending $500-600 first

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Well, I'm going to rent Secret Rings on thursday then. I work at a video store that has a few Wii titles. Hopefully the boss doesn't take it down before then. If I get it, I'll inform you on Friday of the quality of the title.

Otherwise, what about the PS3 title with the new white hedgehog, Silver the telepath? That game any good?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm just gonna....meh:

Halo IS overated.....alot.

Xbox 360 isn't TOTAL crap. Some games (besides Halo, Gta, etc.) look good. Assasin's Creed for one.

Truth be told I actually enjoy Halo....on PC. (I only have the Halo 1 trial.)

PC>All gaming consoles. Forever. Period.

Secret Rings owns.

I also dont think Sonic '06 wasnt that bad. There are others that are worse. Dont make me ruin the English language yet again Del.

Also, do you really not know what the Magic Hands are? SA2 ring a bell?

Sonic vs. Mario vs. Megaman vs. Snake ftw.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well, I'm going to rent Secret Rings on thursday then. I work at a video store that has a few Wii titles. Hopefully the boss doesn't take it down before then. If I get it, I'll inform you on Friday of the quality of the title.
cool beans homie
Otherwise, what about the PS3 title with the new white hedgehog, Silver the telepath? That game any good?
hoping ill get a chance to find out
Halo IS overated.....alot.
true...i honestly prefer single player slightly more (expecting flames)
Xbox 360 isn't TOTAL crap. Some games (besides Halo, Gta, etc.) look good. Assasin's Creed for one.
forgot that one. havent played it but heard it was good
PC>All gaming consoles. Forever. Period.
true...although if i get addicted to Wii and VC that might change...
Secret Rings owns.
tell that to SiD
I also dont think Sonic '06 wasnt that bad. There are others that are worse. Dont make me ruin the English language yet again Del.
lol ok., what made Sonic 06 decent for you? and should i hope for a PC port?
Also, do you really not know what the Magic Hands are? SA2 ring a bell?
was that the thing that made you play a tunes to expose a secret path and find the chao? (i may or may not have just lost alot of credibility with that statement) havent played SA2 in forever...and for good reasons too
Sonic vs. Mario vs. Megaman vs. Snake ftw.
agreed

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
true...i honestly prefer single player slightly more (expecting flames)
Co-op Single Player wins.

true...although if i get addicted to Wii and VC that might change...
lol @ VC. Gunstar Heroes anyone?

tell that to SiD
Meh. The game itself is really just a hit or miss.

lol ok., what made Sonic 06 decent for you? and should i hope for a PC port?
When you're just messing around and NOT trying to actually beat the game, the game itself becomes VERY enjoyable for some strange reason. I could imagine how fun it'd be using Action Replay.

was that the thing that made you play a tunes to expose a secret path and find the chao? (i may or may not have just lost alot of credibility with that statement) havent played SA2 in forever...and for good reasons too
That's the Mystic Melody you silly goose.

Magic Hands is the upgrade item for Sonic in City Escape. When they are attatched, you can transform an enemy into a ball that you hold onto, then throw the ball at another enemy.

Its a very easy way to kill an enemy without getting near it or jumping. Just press Y then B and poof goes the enemy.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Magic Hand is a Sonic specific skill from Sonic Adventure 2. When, you get close to an enemy, press B i think, and they turn into a ball in your hand which you can throw. It is obtained in City Escape I think.

Also, about the game pad. You must forgive me. When I look at games I tend to look at a competitive standpoint. I have seen many different types of tournaments. Every FPS tournament I have seen uses a Mouse and Keyboard. Usually it's a mouse with about 5 buttons, but still. Halo 2 has the biggest tournament seen and payout right now, so naturally I like it a bunch lol. Smash is probably my favorite scene right now and probably the second or third biggest. CS might be bigger. Even looking from a non-competitive point though, there are a bunch of computer games that you don't use a game pad. Starcraft, WoW... actually pretty much any RTS or MMORPG. That is a good bit of the popular genres that do not use a game pad.

Del Money

Smash Champion
lol @ VC. Gunstar Heroes anyone?
never heard of it
That's the Mystic Melody you silly goose.

Magic Hands is the upgrade item for Sonic in City Escape. When they are attatched, you can transform an enemy into a ball that you hold onto, then throw the ball at another enemy.

Its a very easy way to kill an enemy without getting near it or jumping. Just press Y then B and poof goes the enemy.
wow i was way off. anyways magic hands seems all too lame to be enjoyable and plus i dont recall finding it. or maybe i did and never thought to use it. oh well, i aint going back to SA2 in a looong time

SiD

Smash Master
I'm planning on renting the Secret Rings for Wii
Don't do it.

i need to try Secret Rings too
Don't do it.

Secret Rings owns.
Lies. Lies and propaganda.

Also, what's with the 360 bashing? It has plenty of great games here or coming soon:

Oblivion, Gears of War, Call of Duty series, Mass Effect, Assasin's Creed, Bioshock, Hundeds of other games, and of course Halo 3.

And Halo isn't overrated, it's just good. Why are people afraid to like stuff that lot's of people like because they say it's "overrated"?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Also, what's with the 360 bashing? It has plenty of great games here or coming soon:

Oblivion, Gears of War, Call of Duty series, Mass Effect, Assasin's Creed, Bioshock, Hundeds of other games, and of course Halo 3.

And Halo isn't overrated, it's just good. Why are people afraid to like stuff that lot's of people like because they say it's "overrated"?
remind me where i bashed halo? i have the first one for PC. and am waiting on the other two. i dont wipe my *** with 50-dollar bills otherwise i wouldnt be so against spending 500-600 on a ps3 or 360. and i bashed the people who bash nintendo in general just cuz they have a 360 or ps3. since you obviously have a Wii and can claim for Sonic and the Secret Rings to suck so bad, im assuming youre not in that category

sonic would be a cool character
smartest thing i heard all day (even from me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom