• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
You're probably right--after that sickening flop of a handheld called the PSP, and the recently died-down DS user base, I'm losing faith in video game companies' abilities to make handhelds. >_<
i dunno. after GBA i was just turned off from handhelds altogether. not tha GBA was bad i just almost never used it.

Look at his post, he directly quoted SatSR, why would he not be talking about it? Petitions prove nothing.
no they dont but who said anything about wanting SatSR for PC? find me a quote that i said (and that i myslef typed) said anything aabout wanting SatSR for PC. and also the DS lite only sold among elementart school kids in my area (of course NH sucks raw eggs)

Ok, so I watched the ending to Sonic 2006... and I just wanna know one thing... why do they still move like they're having epileptic seizures!? You think they'd fix that after Sonic Heroes.
i know right? but i havent played Sonic 2006 so please dont spoil

SiD

Smash Master
RDK, care to settle the argument? What were you talking about, SatSR, which you had a quote about, or did you come out of no where with Sonic 2006?

RDK

Smash Hero
*SPOILER ALERT*

At the end of Sonic '06, Sonic & Co. die of epileptic siezures due to bad gameplay/cutscene animation.

P.S:

BTW, I was talking aboot '06. Don't get mad at me tho, lol.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
You're probably right--after that sickening flop of a handheld called the PSP, and the recently died-down DS user base, I'm losing faith in video game companies' abilities to make handhelds. >_<
You do know that the DS is the best selling system to date right? It is also still selling very well. I don't know how you got that the DS has "died down", but this holiday season will also be good for the DS.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, I won't spoil it for you... but be warned that the graphics may kill you if the story twists don't.

But nowadays I don't play sonic games for great gameplay... I play solely for the story... and I must say I was kinda disappointed with both heroes and 2006... heroes more off. But love the design for Dr. Eggman!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Well, I won't spoil it for you... but be warned that the graphics may kill you if the story twists don't.

But nowadays I don't play sonic games for great gameplay... I play solely for the story... and I must say I was kinda disappointed with both heroes and 2006... heroes more off. But love the design for Dr. Eggman!
Yea, he does look a lot cooler. Looks more like a robotnik now, rather than eggman.

SiD

Smash Master
Well Screw you then RDK, never liked you anyway.

Seriously though, why have a quote about one game when your talking about another?

I accept my defeat. But I will win the war.

Also, you should get a 360 for more than just Sonic, it's pretty much awesome. When you don't get the fuucking red ring of death like i did last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Del Money

Smash Champion

please dont call him Eggman anymore....its Robotnik. and yeah its usually the story that carries me through most of the Sonic games. if Sonic games had no plot and all levels played like team chaotix levels in Heroes, Sega might actually have no reputation...oh..wait....

Also, you should get a 360 for more than just Sonic, it's pretty much awesome. When you don't get the fuucking red ring of death like i did last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
thats actually the main reason im keeping my distance believe it or not lol

RDK

Smash Hero
please dont call him Eggman anymore....its Robotnik
Why the hell did SEGA change his name from Robotnik to Eggman in the first place? Eggman sounds so...gay...

Well, I guess it fits SEGA's style...

RDK

Smash Hero
I think they call him eggman in japan... and eventually it just got carried over here. Kinda like peach.
Yeah, I'm glad they did that--Princess Toadstool just didn't sound right.

That was his original name in Japan. With the Adventure games, they wanted to unify everything in all versions.
Ah--I see now. I'd rather that the games I play have the same characters' names in it as the other countries; I hate it when they have different names *GLARES AT POKEMON*.

Bowser's original name was Koopa. 0_o

Del Money

Smash Champion
About the xbox... yeah, I heard horror stories about that. Some guy's on his twelfth Xbox360...
geez...someone wipe their *** with 50-dollar bills. (and obviously doesnt learn the frist 11 times)

Why the hell did SEGA change his name from Robotnik to Eggman in the first place? Eggman sounds so...gay...
awful decision. some say its becuase it was originally "Eggman" in all the japanese translations of the Sonic franchise. other say that added "nik" to the end of a same in general was kinda like a social slur against the Russians lol....they used to call robot enemies in the Sonic world "badniks"

SiD

Smash Master
geez...someone wipe their *** with 50-dollar bills. (and obviously doesnt learn the frist 11 times)
Actually, Microsoft fixes them for free, warranty and all. Still annoying, seeing as I bought 2 360 games, the first since last november, a couple days before this happened.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That was his original name in Japan. With the Adventure games, they wanted to unify everything in all versions.
When Sonic first called him Eggman in SA, I thought he was just being witty, like always. And then SEGA was like "WUT A GEWD NAME".

Guess I was wrong.

RDK

Smash Hero
...refresh me again on what, exactly, the "red circle of death" is again? You said your 360 died while playin '06?

When Sonic first called him Eggman in SA, I thought he was just being witty, like always. And then SEGA was like "WUT A GEWD NAME".

Guess I was wrong.
Lol.

SiD

Smash Master
It kept freezing, and when I tried to turn it on a few hours later, the ring of light had red lights instead of green which means a hardware failure of epic proportions.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Actually, Microsoft fixes them for free, warranty and all. Still annoying, seeing as I bought 2 360 games, the first since last november, a couple days before this happened.
thats a shame. yet again microsoft climbs up the pole of mediocrisy and gives the video game market a lap dance

Guess I was wrong.
well your right now:)
It kept freezing, and when I tried to turn it on a few hours later, the ring of light had red lights instead of green which means a hardware failure of epic proportions.
probably not good. and yet those friggin golden boys are enjoying there issue-free hardware and high price/low inventory market strategy to boot. ****
Well, sonic and co. did call him eggman as a joke before in america... then they changed his name. I was surprised he actually responded when sonic called him eggman!
so i gues no one buy the Russian theory. damm no one buys anything Russian (no offense to Russians)

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I'm gone for a while and 30 new pages pop up! I always liked Dr.Robotnik, but Eggman is a good name to.Anyone think it'd be creepy to have the original Dr.Robotnik back in action?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
It should of stayed Robotnik, it just sounds cooler. When it comes to Eggman/Robotnik history, I'm lost.
In Sega mythos, Eggman is stilL Robotnik,just a new nickname and look.

In Archie mythos (best IMO),the original Robotnik, nearing death,roboticized himself and put his knowledge into a super computer. He later came back as Eggman, who was a complete robot. The alien colony BEM, (who also saved Shadow,falling from defeating the biolizard) later deroboticized him.

I think that's a nice,brief summary.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'm gone for a while and 30 new pages pop up! I always liked Dr.Robotnik, but Eggman is a good name to.Anyone think it'd be creepy to have the original Dr.Robotnik back in action?
you mean SatAM robuttnik in the Sonc games?
It should of stayed Robotnik, it just sounds cooler. When it comes to Eggman/Robotnik history, I'm lost.
eggman is for n00bs
probably not good. and yet those friggin golden boys are enjoying there issue-free hardware and high price/low inventory market strategy to boot. ****
i meant to say "those friggin Sony golden boys"

RDK

Smash Hero
Quick Sonic n00b question:

What is SatSR and SatAM?

I know the first one is a Wii game, has to do w/ rings...right?

BTW: Robotnik > Eggman

Del Money

Smash Champion

What is SatSR and SatAM?

eggman is for n00bs a.k.a youre now a "Sonic Child". SatAM is the 1993 Sonic cartoon and probably the only one that was ever worth watching for enjoyment. its called SatAM cuz it air on...*suspense music*...Satruday mornings. SatSR is Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii, basically a Sonic game where you control Sonic like a rollercoaster steering left and right and jumping through levels. i personally think this is lame since:

PLATFORMING GAMES =/= ROLLERCOASTER

i wanted full control of Sonic dammit. none of this pre-determined path bull****. yet i guess it got a good reception by most people...except SiD

Dude, Robotnik has always been Eggman in Japan.
Dude, "Eggman" has always been gay worldwide.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

What is SatSR and SatAM?

SatSR and SatAM are the names of two very different Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons that aired at one point in the U.S. SatAM (correct me if I'm wrong) was the more lighthearted of these two shows, chronicling the (mis)adventures of Sonic and Tails as they fought against Robuttnik, Grounder, Scratch, and Coconuts(!). SatSR was the more serious cartoon, and it actually had characters from the Archie-based comics (Princess Sally Acorn, that Walrus guy, the Robo-Bunny person...**** it, I can only remember Sally).

I personally enjoyed the watered-down, kiddy version myself. I wasn't too keen on SatSR.

And the Sonic comic books are ridiculously popular. >.>; It's like the second longest running American comic in history (only a few steps down from Conan). I used to collect them at one point. Ah, the memories. I really enjoyed the Super Sonic vs. Hyper Knuckles 48-page special.

Good times.

Smooth Criminal

WHOOPS!

Edit: Wow. I am never using acronyms again (SatSR standing for the other Sonic show? WTF on my part). Del Money just seriously corrected my happy *** and beat me to the punch when it came to explanations.

RDK

Smash Hero
eggman is for n00bs a.k.a youre now a "Sonic Child".
Lol...thnx.

i wanted full control of Sonic dammit. none of this pre-determined path bull****. yet i guess it got a good reception by most people...except SiD
Somehow, that doesn't come as a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom