• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
After thinking about it, I'll give that one to you Del Money, mostly because Sakurai has proven that his brain is just so very fantastical in the world of creativity. If he can give a moveset to a racing pilot, a 2D stick figure, and a princess who spends all her time getting rescued instead of actually taking a hint and learning to defend herself (her emotional DS game not withstanding), Sakurai can do a decent job with our blue hedgehog.

I'm sure if he does implement Sonic, it would be quite unique and entertaining, although I still stand by that it will be a hard task to do and heavy burden to bear. I never took time to actually consider Sonic in Sakurai's hands, I foolishly supported a side I didn't have much knowledge in. You guys arguing over the retro games are much more versed in the sonic universe, I'll back down and trust your judgement.
However, I will still be very wary if/when Sonic's inclusion is announced.

Also, I was partly under the impression that Reggie said at E3 that they were still waiting for SEGA to say if Smash can have Sonic or not. This is pretty late in development should this prove to be true.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
lol, I dug into my archives of junk from other websites, and found a gif I made using the Sonic Battle sprites of Sonic.

http://img279.echo.cx/img279/4158/sonicdance3qu.gif

That was way back in 2005.

You can see some attack motions that could be implemented as an attack in Brawl.

Infact, you can actually make an entire moveset based on Sonic Battle's Sonic.
Yeah those are the moves, if anyone who doesn't know that throwing motion Sonic does in the beginning is when Sonic throws a ring in the air then speed dashes toward it, he can delay it and stuff also. I think its pretty cool. also the backflip kicks ect is so cool.

RDK

Smash Hero
HOLY **** THAT IS AWESOME. now i want my GBA back. hopefully VC console wont be limited to non-handheld since the Wii totally screws up any reason i would have for buyign a Game Boy Player...considering i plan on setting my Gamecube when a get Wii anyways
There is always the path of the Emulator.

Come, Del Money--join our ring of insidiousness!

i cant friggin believe Kabyk-Greenmyst, i prepared a respond for him (twice now...) and he still hasnt seen or responsed yet
That thread wh_re will be back. He's one of the in/out spammers.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace

The emulator has made all my good Sonic games become a dream to reality saying all the handheld games were the best.

@ SiD- Visual Boy Advance.

+ I looked up on google there's still a handfull of people that still don't know that article is fake, do you think it will leave a lot of confusion come the 26th.

RDK

Smash Hero
although I still stand by that it will be a hard task to do and heavy burden to bear
Sakurai already started down that road when he implemented Snake.

@ SiD- Visual Boy Advance.
I was just about to refer the Vish' Boy, but he beat me to it.

Definetely the best GBA one out there.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Also, I was partly under the impression that Reggie said at E3 that they were still waiting for SEGA to say if Smash can have Sonic or not. This is pretty late in development should this prove to be true.
Reggie is a *******. theres my logic. well ok about 80% of my logic. if Sega is taking this long then we have a serious problem. unless Reggie is once again proving to the world that sometimes people think youre smarter if you keep your damm piehole shut
Yeah those are the moves, if anyone who doesn't know that throwing motion Sonic does in the beginning is when Sonic throws a ring in the air then speed dashes toward it, he can delay it and stuff also. I think its pretty cool. also the backflip kicks ect is so cool.
that is so tight. im gonna have to save that GIF. i did realize Sonic Battle had that much of a sweetness factor...makes me that more eager to downlo--...errr....buy it

its tempting...i gave up emulators back in the day when N64 emulators ruled the internet and i had the ****tiest PC known to man (****ing Pentium I 75 mhz POS)
he already came back, and i respect his post but i sinc he cant stay on smashboards too long at a time perhaps he should put 1337 in his username and start spitting one-liners

RDK

Smash Hero
Reggie is a *******. theres my logic. well ok about 80% of my logic. if Sega is taking this long then we have a serious problem. unless Reggie is once again proving to the world that sometimes people think youre smarter if you keep your damm piehole shut
Lol, why do you think that? Although after that whole Gameboy Micro escapade, I have to admit that my faith in Reggie Fils-Aimes is slightly shaken...

that is so tight. im gonna have to save that GIF. i did realize Sonic Battle had that much of a sweetness factor...makes me that more eager to downlo--...errr....buy it
\

Ahhh, yes--we're winning you over.

its tempting...i gave up emulators back in the day when N64 emulators ruled the internet and i had the ****tiest PC known to man (****ing Pentium I 75 mhz POS)
Lol...I use Project64k to play Smash over the inty.

he already came back, and i respect his post but i sinc he cant stay on smashboards too long at a time perhaps he should put 1337 in his username and start spitting one-liners
LMAO, QFT.

I count it a blessing we haven't seen him in a while.

Garuda

Smash Ace
If Sega is open to having a crossover by having Mario in a Sega game and not Sonic in a Nintendo game, I would hate Sega for eternity.

Garuda

Smash Ace
I mean in Olympic Games, primarily done by Sega. I mean, SEGA approached NINTENDO, of all things. It was Sega's idea in the first place, well before Brawl.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
If Sega is open to having a crossover by having Mario in a Sega game and not Sonic in a Nintendo game, I would hate Sega for eternity.
SEGA already upsetted me with making Sonic suck recently, and if Sonic isn't in brawl they will be on top of my hate ladder. That will surely disappoint a lot of people.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Yuji Naka said a long time ago that he wanted him in, Shigeru Miyamoto wants him in... so yeah, I guess I'm trying to say I agree. lol

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Mario and Sonic Olympic Games just seems like more mini-games wrapped in a game. We've seen it before, but I'd still get it... I mean... Sega finally bowed out and made a Somario game!

RDK

Smash Hero
If I were SEGA, after seeing the succes of Smash Bros after the first and second titles, I would have approached Nintendo and begged for them to let Sonic in.

IMO, if Nintendo is still waiting for an answer from SEGA, then the people over at SEGA are dumbarses.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ at Kaybk-Greenmyst like 2 or 3 pages back
thats for the agreement and i do believe Sega's ability to let Sonic in is the main point of worry but...WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CONSIDERING THAT PIECE OF TRASH ARTICLE IN THE FIRST PLACE? WE didnt even have to prove it fake. IT did it to itself. especially since the ******* who made it cant even spell "ESRB" correctly...****ing n00bass idiot
Basically it's all up to SEGA they just have lost a lot of trust recently.
especially mine. yuji naka wanting Sonic in brawl means pretty much nothing if the executives at Sega cant obviously put 2 and 2 together (to not equal 5) and make a good decision, something they havent done with console games in almost a decade

Garuda

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know history when it comes to Sega and respecting people's wishes.

I think we should forget about the article altogether. It's just stupid junk that doesn't prove a single thing. The thing is, I'm starting to think it'll make our facts all messed up if we think too much into it. But hey, I worry about every single little thing. Heck, I am obsessed with having Sonic in, and I don't even have a true reason, but whatever it is, I haven't been able to sleep many nights, thinking "what if Sega acts stupid and just... doesn't do it?"

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, I don't know history when it comes to Sega and respecting people's wishes.

I think we should forget about the article altogether. It's just stupid junk that doesn't prove a single thing. The thing is, I'm starting to think it'll make our facts all messed up if we think too much into it. But hey, I worry about every single little thing. Heck, I am obsessed with having Sonic in, and I don't even have a true reason, but whatever it is, I haven't been able to sleep many nights, thinking "what if Sega acts stupid and just... doesn't do it?"
Whoa, I'm nowhere near that hardcore. I'm mostly just like "Ugh. If Sonic's not in the game, I might be stuck with Fox and his new, weird head."

Though, I do have like 6 worry buddahs at my house. Maybe they're helping me cope with the stress.

Del Money

Smash Champion
trailer would be my guess. and the better choice. i mean they did it with friggin snake for cryin out loud (**** ive been cursing too much, gotta tone it down a tad)

@ Berkus Rhymes with Circus
lol at Fox's new head. im starting to think i wont main Fox in brawl anymore, especailly if Sonic and Megaman are in, but ill still keep DK though

Garuda

Smash Ace
Either that, or they would be completely hush-hush about it and update the site on December 3rd. After looking at the calendar, it seems that they'll show at least one character a week, and December 3rd IS on a Monday, too.

Edit: I just realized how awful my writing is tonight, so forgive me, guys.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yes, Fox's head does look homosexual...

Berkus Rhymes with Circus
LOL!

lol at Fox's new head. im starting to think i wont main Fox in brawl anymore, especailly if Sonic and Megaman are in, but ill still keep DK though
Whoa, whoa, whoa--Megaman now? That would be something. I hate Megaman, but the prospect of a Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman battle would be ****in awesome.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
trailer would be my guess. and the better choice. i mean they did it with friggin snake for cryin out loud (**** ive been cursing too much, gotta tone it down a tad)

@ Berkus Rhymes with Circus
I don't think I'll abandon Fox completely, because I do still like him as a character. But if they make Link worth my while, include Sonic, and/or confirm Falco for another go around, he might not be getting much attention from me.

Never did care much for Donkey Kong. But if Diddy's in, I could see myself using him a lot.

WHOA. TOTALLY OFF TOPIC. MUST FOCUS.

I think if Sonic gets announced before Brawl comes out, he's coming in the form of a trailer. Like pretty much everyone said.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yes, Fox's head does look homosexual...
lol...sounds like something i would say
Whoa, whoa, whoa--Megaman now? That would be something. I hate Megaman, but the prospect of a Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman battle would be ****in awesome.
YES. epic battle of video game allstars can be decided in no better a fighting game than Brawl. screw link in soul calibur 2

Never did care much for Donkey Kong. But if Diddy's in, I could see myself using him a lot.
DIDDY FOR TEH BRAWLZZZZZ IN A SONIC THREAD YESSSSSS
I think if Sonic gets announced before Brawl comes out, he's coming in the form of a trailer. Like pretty much everyone said.
completely agreed although an update with green hill zone as a stage would kill the suspense lol

RDK

Smash Hero
YES. epic battle of video game allstars can be decided in no better a fighting game than Brawl. screw link in soul calibur 2
Yes--Link in Soul Caliber 2 was a PSP-sized disappointment. For me at least. The whole console-exclusive characters thing was cool at first, until I realized I was missing out on Spawn and whoever the PS2 exclusive guy was, I can't remember.

Was it Heihachi from Tekken?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yes--Link in Soul Caliber 2 was a PSP-sized disappointment. For me at least. The whole console-exclusive characters thing was cool at first, until I realized I was missing out on Spawn and whoever the PS2 exclusive guy was, I can't remember.

It was.

I actually really like Link in SC2. I don't mind missing out on Heihachi since playing as him in SC2 would be almost exactly like playing Tekken, I'd wager. And, I don't have any kind of attachment to Spawn. And I don't have an Xbox.

So, BEATING INFERNO DOWN WITH LINK'S HAMMER FTW.

Del Money

Smash Champion

dunno i only played Tekken 3 and sold it within like a month of buying it hahaha. how bad would smash suck if it were a typical fighting game like tekken? hell, i wouldnt even want Sonic in it if it were like that

RDK

Smash Hero
Ah yes, I was correct. Here's the exclusive char lineup:

Link (Master Sword + Hylian Shield) 4 GC
Spawn (Soul Axe) 4 XBOX
Heihachi Mishima (Gauntlets) 4 PS2

RDK

Smash Hero
Sonic (all chaos emerald) 4 revived Dreamcast lol
Lol, right--with SEGA's recent fiasco's, I highly doubt it.

see, even if you dont like him, you can try and beat the hell out of him
That's what I keep saying. That's why I signed Money's Sonic petish.

Aight ya'll, I'm hitting the sack.

...sack...lol....

G'Night mates.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace

You too, well I have a reason cause I'm a Sonic fan. I just keep thinking SEGA is gonna do something stupid.

SonicMario

Smash Master
@k!llsw!tch Hey! Lucky 3's on your post count! Not that it matters after you make another one.

Sonic better be in Brawl. Of course i will buy the game without him, but if he is in. This will be my most played video game EVER. I'm instantly maining him if he is in. And probably Green Hill Zone as a favorite stage! Just put him in and announce it! All the big bosses want him in (Shigeru Miyamoto, Yuji Naka, whoever directed SatSR) so just get him in! Hopefully Sonic will be good in the possible This World... Story thing.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^^ I really wanna have Sonic in this game of course I'll get the game if he isn't, but ever since I found out he had a chance I've been nothing more than supporting every reason why he should be in Brawl. I always played Melee, and I tried going pro with Link. Link wasn't even a favorite character of mine, now to know I could have someone in smash I will actually use outside of the game is a great feeling. I played Metal Gear and Snake is definitely someone I'll use in smash, but come on his next game is on PS3 and hell knows when I'll get one of those, so I'll lose interest. Ever since Nintendo told us it was all up to SEGA I've been nervous. Ever since Sonic games sucked I began to think SEGA doesn't listen to fans. Right now SEGA is like that fat annoying kid who lives in your neighborhood who tries to make friends with everyone denying that he sucks at it.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
****! Red ring of death! FUUCK!!!!
Hah, I have one too. So thats why I have two 360's...

^^ I really wanna have Sonic in this game of course I'll get the game if he isn't, but ever since I found out he had a chance I've been nothing more than supporting every reason why he should be in Brawl. I always played Melee, and I tried going pro with Link. Link wasn't even a favorite character of mine, now to know I could have someone in smash I will actually use outside of the game is a great feeling. I played Metal Gear and Snake is definitely someone I'll use in smash, but come on his next game is on PS3 and hell knows when I'll get one of those, so I'll lose interest. Ever since Nintendo told us it was all up to SEGA I've been nervous. Ever since Sonic games sucked I began to think SEGA doesn't listen to fans. Right now SEGA is like that fat annoying kid who lives in your neighborhood who tries to make friends with everyone denying that he sucks at it.
Yes for me too. Even if Sonic isn't in it I will still buy the game since its so awesome. I used characters that I had no prior time playing them in their own games like Zelda, Samus, Marth, Falco etc.

I will be a bit irritated if Sonic doesn't get in, but at the moment I feel he just.. Is 100% confirmed in my mind. So many things to think of how he could and couldn't be in the game. I'm not a fan boy because I only played two of his games and the part I loved most was the Chao raising. But I would be disappointed if hes not in the game.

I just hope I can use Krystal.. someone that I have played before in another game ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom