• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, you guys--it was a complete Gamecube game...

It was like teams of 3, Sonic characters, and it was a racing game...

I can't for the love of me remember the name of it...

For example: one of the teams was team Chaotix, and it had that alligator guy, that bee-looking guy, and Espio on it.
LOL.

During some levels in Sonic Heroes, the team of 3s would have to jump into a kart (why? Who knows.) and they would manuever it past obstacles.

****, I didn't hit refresh so I just realized how late my post was.

Del, you NEED Gems Collection.

It comes with:

Sonic R
Sonic Fighters
Sonic CD
Vectorman 1
Vectorman 2

and all Sonic game gear games that are not in Mega Collection or SADX. Some from SADX are in Gems collection however.

Whats amazing however, is this, which pisses me off.

The bonus picture gallery in Gems is where they have alot of awesome concept art, but on the last page, there are screenshots of the Sonic games on Genesis and Game Gear. You click on them, and you are taken to a certain point in the game and Gems Collection gives you a challenge of beating the rest of the game within a certain time.

Its easy to do, and it sounds cool, no? Well, heres where I get angry.

If you beat it fast enough, and the credits end (or alternatively, get game over, which is hard considering you get like +30 lives), it takes you back to the title screen of the game that the challenge took place in, and you can start from level one.

This leads to my conclusion:

The majority of the Sonic games in Mega Collection are included FULLY in Gems Collection, but are inaccesible in the game itself, and can only be played through the challenge mode.

Once the time alloted to the challenge hits zero, you automatically eject from the game and go back to the museum.

Pisses me off. Alot.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
guys i cant help but feel this is gonna either be a great week or a mediocre one

with the revelation of that spanish news article, it sort of makes you wonder. true... there are questions regarding the credibility of this article, but even so... what if that really was a reggie interview? i guess well find out wed morn

Del Money

Smash Champion
LOL.

During some levels in Sonic Heroes, the team of 3s would have to jump into a kart (why? Who knows.) and they would manuever it past obstacles.
God those part were teh gay. all it did was teach me how to use the A button every 5 seconds

The 60% that took up 80% instead?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH omg i almost could type for a second. what part had truth to you, SiD?

RDK

Smash Hero
Are we reading different articles? Cuz the one I read was 105% bull****.

SiD

Smash Master
guys i cant help but feel this is gonna either be a great week or a mediocre one

with the revelation of that spanish news article, it sort of makes you wonder. true... there are questions regarding the credibility of this article, but even so... what if that really was a reggie interview? i guess well find out wed morn
Um dude, the guy that made it admitted it was fake.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sorry to post the same thing twice, but just to get attention, lolz:

It comes with:

Sonic R
Sonic Fighters
Sonic CD
Vectorman 1
Vectorman 2

and all Sonic game gear games that are not in Mega Collection or SADX. Some from SADX are in Gems collection however.

The bonus picture gallery in Gems is where they have alot of awesome concept art, but on the last page, there are screenshots of the Sonic games on Genesis and Game Gear. You click on them, and you are taken to a certain point in the game and Gems Collection gives you a challenge of beating the rest of the game within a certain time.

Its easy to do, and it sounds cool, no? Well, heres where I get angry.

If you beat it fast enough, and the credits end (or alternatively, get game over, which is hard considering you get like +30 lives), it takes you back to the title screen of the game that the challenge took place in, and you can start from level one.

This leads to my conclusion:

The majority of the Sonic games in Mega Collection are included FULLY in Gems Collection, but are inaccesible in the game itself, and can only be played through the challenge mode.

Once the time alloted to the challenge hits zero, you automatically eject from the game and go back to the museum.

Pisses me off. Alot.

SiD

Smash Master
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH omg i almost could type for a second. what part had truth to you, SiD?

That fishing sucks, and they maybe should release them less often so they don't become megaman, and that Sonic should never fall in love with a human, or get a smaller head.

RDK

Smash Hero
Plus, Reggie is notorious for giving out little to zero information in interviews, especially at E3 and the like--so why would he answer questions regarding Sonic being in the game, which is one of the most heated debates in SSB?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
really? i had no idea the guy that made it said it was fake....

oh well another week of smashbros.com updates is minutes hours away!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just got done reading the 1up article posted awhile ago.

1. Ditch the tagalongs
Yes, dear god yes. I was okay with the character count at SA2, not including the Chaotix, since at that time there was only 1 game they were included in. We had, 11 characters? Including Chaos, Biolizard, Gamma, and Big. But yeah, if I was the deciding word, axe 'em from actual gameplay.

Instead, they should just have the holy trinity of Sonic games playable: Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails (of course have the option of Tails tagging along behind Sonic).

2. That goes double for Shadow the Hedgehog.
Meh, I couldn't really care. After Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), I stopped caring about Shadow.

Faster, Sonic, kill! Kill!

Sonic games are best when they're about speed. And not in the Sonic Riders sense, where you can basically win by not pressing a single button. You should need a combination of speed and reflexes -- balls-out action, in other words.
QFT

Conversely, slow down

It's basic economics: Scarcity makes any resource precious. But more importantly, there's no sense in cheapening a great idea with lots of halfhearted rehashes.
Again, QFT

Here's where the story ends
This is about the only part I only half-disagree on. Like many said before me, I enjoyed the stories of the games.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ahhh yes another long one...(RDK insert dirty joke here)
Are we reading different articles? Cuz the one I read was 105% bull****.
lol was the extra 5%?

Sorry to post the same thing twice, but just to get attention, lolz:

It comes with:

Sonic R
Sonic Fighters
Sonic CD
Vectorman 1
Vectorman 2
well thats the problem i already have Sonic R, Sonic CD, and Vectorman 1 & 2 as part of the sega smash pack for PC. so the only game im missing is probably the only one worth playing on a semi-regular basis (though Sonic R is decent)
theres 12 game gear games in SADX. what game gear games in Gems Collecton arent in SADX?

Pisses me off. Alot.
well the extra art seems worth it to me a bit as well. as for the games under a time limit, thatll piss me off too
That fishing sucks, and they maybe should release them less often so they don't become megaman, and that Sonic should never fall in love with a human, or get a smaller head.
hahahahaHAHAAHHAHAHH true the parts that were truth for me was the too many tag alongs yet the article makers are too ******** to realize that Sonic 3 & Knuckles would not be considered the best Sonic game of all by most people WERE IT NOT FOR THE "& KNUCKLES" PART. are they THAT dense to believe that characters like Knuckles and Tails need to be nixed out in order for Sonic to do well? MAYBE if Sega wasnt stupid enough to nerf Knuckles from full-fledged zone explorer to idiot treasure hunter/power character with a ****ed up radar system. and if Tails could actually leave the cockpit and NOT go around shooting **** like hes E102 Gamma or something. is Tails and Knuckles had running levels as well at perhaps 3/4 of Sonic's in-game running speed i doubt there would be nearly as many complaints.

SiD

Smash Master
Well I liked the treasure hunting, at least in SA2. The levels were designed really well I thought and it was a nice break, unless they took too long.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well I just got done playing Sonic Advance 2..... wow I've never had so much fun going so fast, and I just found out how to use most of Sonic's moves in that game. I don't think Sonic has one bad handheld game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
ahhh yes another long one...(RDK insert dirty joke here)
lol was the extra 5%?

well thats the problem i already have Sonic R, Sonic CD, and Vectorman 1 & 2 as part of the sega smash pack for PC. so the only game im missing is probably the only one worth playing on a semi-regular basis (though Sonic R is decent)
theres 12 game gear games in SADX. what game gear games in Gems Collecton arent in SADX?
well the extra art seems worth it to me a bit as well. as for the games under a time limit, thatll piss me off too
Wow, that sucks.

My mistake on the SADX/Gems Game Gear stuff. Forgot how much games SADX had.

The art itself is definately worth it. You have to play through certain games a certain time and a certain amount of plays to unlock stuff. Lots of concept art too, and some drawings of Sonic before even StH1.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sonic labyrinth....
are you trying to make me sick? i mean seriously....

@k!llsw!tch
i heard Sonic Advance 3 was pretty awful (havent played it yet so i dont know for sure). but it couldnt be any worse than that trashyass article. damm. getting rid of Knuckles and Tails? are you ****ing kidding me?!!! maybe all the other newbie characters but not the mains. and the incorrectly dubbed gothic atrocity that is now Shadow has already been unleashed upon the world. nixing him out is like killing off the only fanbase they have left (except us). make him play somewhat like Sonic. make him confused, and neutral and independent. stop trying to make him a badass cuz hes not

Wow, that sucks.

My mistake on the SADX/Gems Game Gear stuff. Forgot how much games SADX had.

The art itself is definately worth it. You have to play through certain games a certain time and a certain amount of plays to unlock stuff. Lots of concept art too, and some drawings of Sonic before even StH1.
no biggie. i wouldve dowloaded a MAME emulator and the Sonic the Fighters ROM as well as the Segasonic Arcade game (the only Sonic game with Mighty in it that doesnt like men) but...that...would be..."illegal"..heh heh. even still Gems Collection is probably dirt cheap on ebay so ill hit that up

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i heard Sonic Advance 3 was pretty awful (havent played it yet so i dont know for sure). but it couldnt be any worse than that trashyass article. damm. getting rid of Knuckles and Tails? are you ****ing kidding me?!!! maybe all the other newbie characters but not the mains. and the incorrectly dubbed gothic atrocity that is now Shadow has already been unleashed upon the world. nixing him out is like killing off the only fanbase they have left (except us). make him play somewhat like Sonic. make him confused, and neutral and independent. stop trying to make him a badass cuz hes not

The above quote is made of truth and win.

I played Sonic Advanced 3. It....plays alot like......Heroes....*coughs up blood*. That includes the long *** levels. *coughs up lung*.

SiD does an awesome job of making me vomit with just two words.

The words "Sonic" and "Labyrinth" should NOT be in the same sentence, as it violates the laws of English language.

Unless of course, the sentence reads like:

"The Labyrinth Zone boss in Sonic the Hedgehog was lame".

Del Money

Smash Champion
sorry for the double post (which ive been known to do anyways) but SWF wont let me edit. gamefaqs and gamespot have merged (or maybe they had already, i didnt notice). no wonder theyre both uber-gay

oh and Sonic for brawl (so this isnt considered spam)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
The above quote is made of truth and win.

I played Sonic Advanced 3. It....plays alot like......Heroes....*coughs up blood*. That includes the long *** levels. *coughs up lung*.

SiD does an awesome job of making me vomit with just two words.

The words "Sonic" and "Labyrinth" should NOT be in the same sentence, as it violates the laws of English language.

Unless of course, the sentence reads like:

"The Labyrinth Zone boss in Sonic the Hedgehog was lame".
I've played all 3 Sonic advances, 2 pretty much is the best one, I thought I was the only one who thought those levels in SA3 were long.....

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
sorry for the double post (which ive been known to do anyways) but SWF wont let me edit. gamefaqs and gamespot have merged (or maybe they had already, i didnt notice). no wonder theyre both uber-gay

oh and Sonic for brawl (so this isnt considered spam)
It's still spam! I shall pray to the Gods of Spam to burn your soul in a spam-like H*ll!
lolzer.
And this thread has gotten off-topic anyway, discussing just the games and what not. I still say Sonic should not be in Brawl, not because he doesn't deserve it, just because I don't think he'd be original.

So, I put forth to you Sonic fans to show me an original moveset! (I know there used to be a thread of them, but I don't feel like finding it)

RDK

Smash Hero
Uh oh, Sonic boyz--better get goin' on that moveset.

Prove that Sonic should be in Brawl!

RDK

Smash Hero
There's far too many move sets all over Smashboards, a lot prove to be original, some one will probably make one, but its not our fault he doesn't look.
Lol, I was JK.

Sorry, I'm busy getiing goin' on your mom.
How original of you.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Wait wait wait.....

when did this happen?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm not giving a homework assignment, just that, since that magazine article, I'm taking Sonic being in Brawl more seriously. I never read any of the movesets beforehand, so for a debate, like all debates, a little solid support to the opposing argument (sonic should be in Brawl) claim is what I need to be persuaded that Sonic could be worthwhile in Brawl.

If you just want to keep on saying "Sonic should be in Brawl," then that's fine with me too, it just won't convince me of anything.

Del Money

Smash Champion
remember this K-G?

I think it would be a mistake to add Sonic, for a few reasons.
1) Adding a whole new character this late in development? Seriously?!?
what if hes already in and we just dont know it yet?
2) Even if they could've made him a long time ago, his moves would all be rip-off's of half the characters in the game already, considering I look at them and think, "wow, perfect move for Sonic." To elaborate: Fox Illusion, Yoshi's Eggroll / Jiggs Rollout, Samus' Screwdriver (Up-B).
um ok....
1. Sonic could spindash long before jiggs even became an official pokemon. if anything, the rollout was a ripoff of the spindash.
2. the Fox illusion would probably be the dumbest move Sonic could possibly have, i doubt that would ever be his forward+B if he was included
3. the Samus screw-attack is unique but no one could ever see that being Sonic's up+B anyways. it would more likely be a spring appears below his (similar to G&W's recovery) or the Sonic tornado from Sonic Heroes or SA2
3) Just to make him true to his charcter, he'd have to be faster than Fox from Melee, and that's just ludicrous.
true but falcon is faster than fox in melee anyways and falcon isnt even top-tier. Sonic and falcon as the same speed would make alot of sense anyways. Falcon races in F-Zero GX as 1000+ mph or(km/h i forget) so thats why his character was made to be so fast. it would made sense for Sonic and Falcon to be the two fastest characters
thats essentially my answer to your previous claims. theres probably a moveset about 10 pages back but im too lazy to find it

RDK

Smash Hero
Originally Posted by Kabyk-Greenmyst
I think it would be a mistake to add Sonic, for a few reasons.
1) Adding a whole new character this late in development? Seriously?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Money
what if hes already in and we just dont know it yet?

Quote:
2) Even if they could've made him a long time ago, his moves would all be rip-off's of half the characters in the game already, considering I look at them and think, "wow, perfect move for Sonic." To elaborate: Fox Illusion, Yoshi's Eggroll / Jiggs Rollout, Samus' Screwdriver (Up-B).

Quote:
um ok....
1. Sonic could spindash long before jiggs even became an official pokemon. if anything, the rollout was a ripoff of the spindash.
2. the Fox illusion would probably be the dumbest move Sonic could possibly have, i doubt that would ever be his forward+B if he was included
3. the Samus screw-attack is unique but no one could ever see that being Sonic's up+B anyways. it would more likely be a spring appears below his (similar to G&W's recovery) or the Sonic tornado from Sonic Heroes or SA2

Quote:
3) Just to make him true to his charcter, he'd have to be faster than Fox from Melee, and that's just ludicrous.

Quote:
true but falcon is faster than fox in melee anyways and falcon isnt even top-tier. Sonic and falcon as the same speed would make alot of sense anyways. Falcon races in F-Zero GX as 1000+ mph or(km/h i forget) so thats why his character was made to be so fast. it would made sense for Sonic and Falcon to be the two fastest characters
...I think I was present in whatever thread you guys had this argument...and after reading it again, Greenmist, I have to say that Money has a pretty solid argument.

True, I could see Sonic having some of the moves already used by present characters, but it would be just as easy to find fresh moves for him to use.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I'm not giving a homework assignment, just that, since that magazine article, I'm taking Sonic being in Brawl more seriously. I never read any of the movesets beforehand, so for a debate, like all debates, a little solid support to the opposing argument (sonic should be in Brawl) claim is what I need to be persuaded that Sonic could be worthwhile in Brawl.

If you just want to keep on saying "Sonic should be in Brawl," then that's fine with me too, it just won't convince me of anything.
That argument causally comes up every 100 posts, It most of the time ends within 50. Well I'll give the most usual answers.

- A Mario and Sonic battle has been raged on for years.
- Sonic has many moves, (excusing the classic sonic games) take Sonic Battle or Sonic Fighters for instance.
- Most of us want him in. Plus hundreds more at every smash forum site.
- He is original, If he wasn't his games would of never sold or he would have never been requested for this game. That pretty much means his moves are original too.
- He is a great addition along side Snake and whatever 3rd parties we get.
- More answers will probably come that are different from mine. So if you need more.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Kabyk-Greenmyst

if you do come back to this thread before it gets 5 pages longer. go to my previous post of the previous page and let us know if you still have any doubt. im not guaranteeing Sonic to be in because we all obviously know how unstable Sega is. but at the same time, theres no reaason to rule hiss out (except for te instability of Sega lol)

@everyone
wtf were we talking about, before?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@everyone
About the time when Sonic games were good...

personally, I wish for Sonic to be a tad faster than C. Falcon.

RDK

Smash Hero
@everyone
\

Before Greenmyst posted, we were talking about how suck-tastic Sonic Labyrinth and Co. were.

Oh, and congrats on your 600th post, Money.

You started here WAY after me, and yet you've talked more. :embarrass

Blabbermouth, lol.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sonic Labyrinth
*projectile vomits thus cracking the lcd*
Oh, and congrats on your 600th post, Money.

You started here WAY after me, and yet you've talked more. :embarrass

Blabbermouth, lol.
*after using the desktop monitor as an alternative* yeah you might be right. ive been on these boards way too friggin much in the last 3-4 days alone. summer just started guess boring and sucky i guess (not that these boards are the shizzle)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol, I dug into my archives of junk from other websites, and found a gif I made using the Sonic Battle sprites of Sonic.

http://img279.echo.cx/img279/4158/sonicdance3qu.gif

That was way back in 2005.

You can see some attack motions that could be implemented as an attack in Brawl.

Infact, you can actually make an entire moveset based on Sonic Battle's Sonic.

RDK

Smash Hero
That little spinkick he does in the beginning is oddly reminiscent of Ryu's Hurricane Kick from the Street Fighter Series.

Hurricane Kick + Brawl?

Major Pwnage.

Del Money

Smash Champion
lol, I dug into my archives of junk from other websites, and found a gif I made using the Sonic Battle sprites of Sonic.

http://img279.echo.cx/img279/4158/sonicdance3qu.gif

That was way back in 2005.

You can see some attack motions that could be implemented as an attack in Brawl.

Infact, you can actually make an entire moveset based on Sonic Battle's Sonic.
HOLY **** THAT IS AWESOME. now i want my GBA back:(. hopefully VC console wont be limited to non-handheld since the Wii totally screws up any reason i would have for buyign a Game Boy Player...considering i plan on setting my Gamecube when a get Wii anyways

Hurricane Kick + Brawl?

Major Pwnage.
this is damm damm damm TRUE (QFT just wouldntve cut it)

i cant friggin believe Kabyk-Greenmyst, i prepared a respond for him (twice now...) and he still hasnt seen or responsed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom