• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Just read the old Sonic comics. Ah I remember reading those, good times. Those were real Sonic cartoons, set on Mobius and following good old Sonic plots which made Sonic what Sonic was and not starring some freakish whiny ginger **** ><. Sega is doing to Sonic what people get sent to prison for, for a long time, every year.
The Archie Sonic comics should have been the original plot from the start, Sonic probably would have never went down hill then. If it was a TV series it would probably still be on TV. Those were good comics.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Heh... I wonder what Sonic costume they will put him with. Isn't all his costumes the same?... Oh except the soap shoes thing.. They would put that in I think.

And.. *Off Topic* I never read the comics.. Only watched the series sometimes ><

Del Money

Smash Champion
I wish the Sonic RPG was for Wii though cause Bioware can be completely trusted with Sonic.
so you heard about that too, huh? no way in hell im buying a DS for that. i want it for Wii. just like i want Sonic 2006 for PC (no matter how bad people claim it is)
Throw me on the SatAM bandwagon :)
i assumed you were already there
I change subjects :)
please do so, this thread looks like its dying. especially since Kabyk-Greenmyst has responded to me yet and SiD stopped dropping one-liners
Just read the old Sonic comics. Ah I remember reading those, good times. Those were real Sonic cartoons, set on Mobius and following good old Sonic plots which made Sonic what Sonic was and not starring some freakish whiny ginger **** ><. Sega is doing to Sonic what people get sent to prison for, for a long time, every year.
yes, yes, YES. i have a stack of Sonic comics and the Knuckles series #1-32 as well. those..were...ingenious. lately theyve been running out of ideas though. the last couple of issues have been pretty redeeming for the Sonic comic series however (for those who may still read them). however i fear that the comic is on its way out and consequently, every last reference to SatAM ever having existed. Sonic X has destroyed Sonic in my opinion and its also seems to have set a bit of a standard for games like Sonic Heroes and such with the whiny/cutesy characters and what not. yes, Super Sonic is in it and it follows the games but everything else just makes those good points appear nonexistent
SaTAM was dumb imo. Why give a simple (at the time) franchise a dark plot?
perhaps but SatAM wasnt all that dark. it was still childish to a degree and plus the Sonc video games didnt really have any whacked out goofiness to them either.

Vali

Smash Ace
Here's an idea, let's discuss what the hell Sonic Team was on when they invented Cream. Or Big the Cat for that matter, although my love for him is undying.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Here's an idea, let's discuss what the hell Sonic Team was on when they invented Cream. Or Big the Cat for that matter, although my love for him is undying.
They must've realized that "rabbit" is one of the few animals left that they haven't annexed into the Soniverse yet.

And I think they were determined to create a female character with less personality development than Amy.

And I don't know what they were doing with Big. I don't really have anything against the guy, but his levels in Sonic Adventure have given me quite a bias against him.

I read a few of the comics, which seemed neat, but I didn't have the attention span to follow them closely. I have seen a few episodes of Sonic X and one of the other cartoons (both pretty bad) and seen the movie. Which was orgasmic.

Mostly, I just like my Sonic in video game form. No matter how frustrating that video game may be.

Del Money

Smash Champion
lets not discuss tthat (but i will anyways)....
- Sonic Team nixes Nack the Weasel, a character ive heard no complaints about ever and dont have any problem with myself. Nack appears in 4 games, 3 of which are spinoffs and non-platforming genre Sonic games. decent character, we kinda miss him...oh well.
- Sonic Team nixes Mighty the Armadillo...dumb@$$ move. Mighty was top dog. he was in the original Segasonic arcade, Sonic Championship (The Fighters), and Knux Chaotix. everyone loved him. people mightve loves Sonic Heroes more if he was the power character instead of friggin Vector (a character who the comic book definitely doesnt portray and strong). Mighty has to go unfortunately because some guy leaves Sega and cliams Mighty as his property or something like that...very sad

now heres where things get interesting...Sega as Big and Cream WITHOUT any consideration for how the Sonic fanbase will accept (or more like reject) them. this is a prime example of a new term i'd like to call a "Seg-ism". Sonic Adventure sells well but only cuz in Sonic in real 3D for the first time (exception of Sonic R). Cream is introduced on the GBA and makes it into Heroes. surprisely...she actually has a fanbase, realistically...shes an awful character and is dragging the Sonic series downhill some more.

Vali

Smash Ace
It feels sometimes like I'm the only Sonic fan that doesn't like SA2, it would be nice to know that I'm not alone. Marked the downfall of the Sonic series for me at least, was the last one I properly played through. It basically took what was fun about SA, threw it out the window and kept the horrid camera. Only redeeming part was the Chao bit, which wasn't on the same freakin' planet as the Chao breeding from SA. SA2 epitomises everything which brought down the Sonic franchise for me, the need to add useless characters, lack of innovation (they scrapped half the innovation in stages from SA) and the lack of fun.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
It feels sometimes like I'm the only Sonic fan that doesn't like SA2, it would be nice to know that I'm not alone. Marked the downfall of the Sonic series for me at least, was the last one I properly played through. It basically took what was fun about SA, threw it out the window and kept the horrid camera. Only redeeming part was the Chao bit, which wasn't on the same freakin' planet as the Chao breeding from SA. SA2 epitomises everything which brought down the Sonic franchise for me, the need to add useless characters, lack of innovation (they scrapped half the innovation in stages from SA) and the lack of fun.
it definitely wasnt as good as the first...
SA was the only truly good 3D Sonic game in my opinion...
what bothers me about Sonic nowadays is that there is no attempt at any form of continuity...
all of these characters are introduced...
and then they just dissapear for no real reason...
or they stick around and just make everybody dumber...
they need to make a true back to basics Sonic game that only has the essential characers...
Sonic and the Secret Rings was no such thing...
and they need to get rid of the crappy voice acting...

Del Money

Smash Champion
SA2 was somewhat lame for me too but thats only cuz i played SADX first and SA2:battle had considerably uglier graphics. why SA2 was somewhat more liked was because of the lack of traversing stupid world maps just to find your level. thats ok im most platformers...but not Sonic. SA2 also limited the gameplay to just shooting, trasure hunting, and best of all running. im still surprised you didnt find SA1 worse. it mustve been Rouge that killed SA2 for you primarily. heres how i rank the 3D Sonic (that ive played) in order of best to worst:

Sonic Adventure 2:Battle
Sonic Adventure DX
Shadow The Hedgehog
Sonic Heroes
Sonic R
(and 3D blast isnt even 3D or tolerable enough to make this list)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
SA2 was somewhat lame for me too but thats only cuz i played SADX first and SA2:battle had considerably uglier graphics. why SA2 was somewhat more liked was because of the lack of traversing stupid world maps just to find your level. thats ok im most platformers...but not Sonic. SA2 also limited the gameplay to just shooting, trasure hunting, and best of all running. im still surprised you didnt find SA1 worse. it mustve been Rouge that killed SA2 for you primarily. heres how i rank the 3D Sonic (that ive played) in order of best to worst:

Sonic Adventure 2:Battle
Sonic Adventure DX
Shadow The Hedgehog
Sonic Heroes
Sonic R
(and 3D blast isnt even 3D or tolerable enough to make this list)
I don't know if you'd happen to know, but is there any real different between SA and SA2 on the Gamecube and their Dreamcast counterparts? Because I played both on the Dreamcast, and I remember thinking it was odd that their names were changed when they made the move to the GCN.

Also, I remember seeing a demo of SA2:Battle at Target when it came out, and it looked like you could pick an individual character to play as instead of picking a whole team. And I'm curious to know how that would work out because it seems like the story would get muddled if the characters play their parts out of order.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I don't know if you'd happen to know, but is there any real different between SA and SA2 on the Gamecube and their Dreamcast counterparts? Because I played both on the Dreamcast, and I remember thinking it was odd that their names were changed when they made the move to the GCN.

Also, I remember seeing a demo of SA2:Battle at Target when it came out, and it looked like you could pick an individual character to play as instead of picking a whole team. And I'm curious to know how that would work out because it seems like the story would get muddled if the characters play their parts out of order.
SADX is basically SA1 with shinier and overall better looking character models,playable metal sonic after getting all 130 emblems,and a 60fps framerate which allegedly (though i never noticed it) has some slowdown. i never played the original SA2 for dreamcast but i know that in SA2:battle you only pick hero or dark rather than individual characters. andd iguess theres better 2-player battle mode options or something

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I loved that movie, I had seen it at a friends a long time ago. Was good for its time. Now that I'm older I actually noticed Sonic sounds corny.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i have watched the SaTAM cartoon and seriously didn't like it....

the movie (minus the voice acting) however was bad a**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsFTW-yOlc

it was the best animated sonic i have ever seen.
it was ok. it got lousy ratings at amazon but i didnt mind it (except the voice-acting of course). as for SatAM, i would probably find it sucky too if i had started watching it when i was like 4. nonetheless i found it to be the best of all the Sonic animated series

Rubber band legs FTW.

I never noticed how bad those voices are (mostly Sonic's). I think I was too young at the time to care.
hmm agreed. but Jaleel White as Sonic (in SatAM, Underground, and AoSTH) still pwnz

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace

Del Money

Smash Champion
Ha both Mario and Sonic had some funny characters voice them over in their cartoon series we all know about Jaleel White, but some wrestler had played Mario he must of had a lot of balls to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uNCLBTje0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w2fi_f5OLY&mode=related&search=

Mario will still have that special place in my heart, but this is like a family gathering to look at old baby pictures.
sigh...when i used to live in England, there was this cool Mario cartoon show on but i dont remember which one (i think mario had 2 cartoon series, correct me if im wrong). anyway, the Super MArio Super Show was pretty awful especially the Zelda cartoon (which im ashamed to say i have a 13 episodes of). but anyways, on the Sonic topic, anyone else got any 2 cents about M&SatO

SiD

Smash Master
I hope it will be fun, I'll probably buy it aither way because of the epicness.

Fish don't stand still for too long. Fish don't stand at all.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
satam & archie comics >> you

my thing with the news article is why would they create the character put him in the game, all without final confirmation from sega? it lowers the validity of the article.

i really hope hes in ive been dreaming of this matchup for 15+ yrs

Del Money

Smash Champion
Not much just a new trailer.
well...chyea but its still sexy
I hope it will be fun, I'll probably buy it aither way because of the epicness.
same hurr
satam & archie comics >> you
good rule of life hahahah
my thing with the news article is why would they create the character put him in the game, all without final confirmation from sega? it lowers the validity of the article.

i really hope hes in ive been dreaming of this matchup for 15+ yrs
the articles a fabricated POS. try not to think about it anymore. stupid crap like that article pisses me off

Del Money

Smash Champion
That trailer is sweet, they got the Movie trailer guy to do it, like the new nights trailer which sounds like a Disney movie.
i never got into nights. plus the friggin saturn was $300 at the time (yet another "Seg-ism")

i wish it was ported to PC (like the petition to get Sonic 2006 to PC in my sig...lol shameless advertising i know). i heard nights was probably the only good thing to come from the saturn. maybe when i finally get a Wii itll be on VC or something

Vali

Smash Ace
SA2 was somewhat lame for me too but thats only cuz i played SADX first and SA2:battle had considerably uglier graphics. why SA2 was somewhat more liked was because of the lack of traversing stupid world maps just to find your level. thats ok im most platformers...but not Sonic. SA2 also limited the gameplay to just shooting, trasure hunting, and best of all running. im still surprised you didnt find SA1 worse. it mustve been Rouge that killed SA
The overworld gave out story elements and gave you a feel you were actually in the world. It was far better for getting upgrades, going to new places (and having hidden emblems to find in) than SA2's "get stuff while in the level" thing and the fact you just jumped around from place to place. In short there was actually nothing more to the game than just the levels, which was a downgrade from the SA style system where the overworld actually added to the game.

While they replaced 6 characters with 6 in SA2 and put the 3(4) most popular elements to both good and baddies, that is the fighting, shooting, hunting and racing. However I quite liked playing Tails as a runner, racing against Sonic, and it was probably my favourite mode. Amy's parts were quite annoying and Big's could be annoying, especially trying to catch the bigger fish, but you have to admit they broke up the action a bit and both of them offered a different playstyle (along with Tails) from just running around with Sonic. In SA2 both dark and good offered exactly the same playstyle and so it just felt like you were playing 3 characters with more levels and that's hardly what I call variety. Also the individual (end) boss battles in SA kicked major ***, which was in addition to a better final boss fight. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hZcysdmCJdk has to be the best out of them.

2 things primarily killed it for me. Shadow the Hedgehog, namely because he's lame. He's just the stereotypical evil clone of Sonic, bla bla bla, and not only was he cliched and lame but he got a legion of stupid Sonic fanboys that humped him for being "cool". Oh yeah Rouge was pretty poor as well, but no-one likes her anyway. The other thing that killed it for me was the rankings. In SA it was enough just to pass what the stage asked you to do and you get your award, that's awesome. In SA2 however they felt the need to slap grades onto the whole ordeal and rather now than just passing what the thing simply wants you to do, you now have to pass it FASTER and WITH MORE RINGS and KILLING ALL THE ENEMIES etc. and that killed most of the fun out of it. I just prefered it when the challenge was the challenge itself and not "well, you did what we wanted you to do, but we're going to give you a C, come back and do it better". Oh and Sonic Heroes wasn't really a bad game, just flawed, and I'm sure it's better, although I haven't played it, than the abomination that is Shadow the Hedgehog.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Is the satam an animated version of the archie comics???

i heard the comics was the best of Sonic..is this true?
yes...its very true. the first #100 issues of the archie comics were great. everything in between #100 and now (which is like #170-something i forget) has been so-so, some great parts, some farfetched whacked-out stories (like Sonic's love triangle, and like Knuckles going to the great beyond), and some lousy stuff). but its a very good continuation of SatAM, especially since that cartoon died almost 13 years ago

The overworld gave out story elements and gave you a feel you were actually in the world. It was far better for getting upgrades, going to new places (and having hidden emblems to find in) than SA2's "get stuff while in the level" thing and the fact you just jumped around from place to place. In short there was actually nothing more to the game than just the levels, which was a downgrade from the SA style system where the overworld actually added to the game.

While they replaced 6 characters with 6 in SA2 and put the 3(4) most popular elements to both good and baddies, that is the fighting, shooting, hunting and racing. However I quite liked playing Tails as a runner, racing against Sonic, and it was probably my favourite mode. Amy's parts were quite annoying and Big's could be annoying, especially trying to catch the bigger fish, but you have to admit they broke up the action a bit and both of them offered a different playstyle (along with Tails) from just running around with Sonic. In SA2 both dark and good offered exactly the same playstyle and so it just felt like you were playing 3 characters with more levels and that's hardly what I call variety. Also the individual (end) boss battles in SA kicked major ***, which was in addition to a better final boss fight. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hZcysdmCJdk has to be the best out of them.

2 things primarily killed it for me. Shadow the Hedgehog, namely because he's lame. He's just the stereotypical evil clone of Sonic, bla bla bla, and not only was he cliched and lame but he got a legion of stupid Sonic fanboys that humped him for being "cool". Oh yeah Rouge was pretty poor as well, but no-one likes her anyway. The other thing that killed it for me was the rankings. In SA it was enough just to pass what the stage asked you to do and you get your award, that's awesome. In SA2 however they felt the need to slap grades onto the whole ordeal and rather now than just passing what the thing simply wants you to do, you now have to pass it FASTER and WITH MORE RINGS and KILLING ALL THE ENEMIES etc. and that killed most of the fun out of it. I just prefered it when the challenge was the challenge itself and not "well, you did what we wanted you to do, but we're going to give you a C, come back and do it better". Oh and Sonic Heroes wasn't really a bad game, just flawed, and I'm sure it's better, although I haven't played it, than the abomination that is Shadow the Hedgehog.
wow you really hate Shadow huh? i like him only because of his story and how it seems cleverly put together. i dont see why everyone think hes "teh badass anti-Sonc 4 teh pwnz h@x0r$" cuz thats just plain lame...almost as lame as Silver the Hedgehog now having a fanbase (although if i ever get play Sonic 2006 ill learn more about Silver's story at least heh heh *points to signature*)

ok so i agree that SA1 gave an ok overworld experience rather than "BAM! heres your level, sucka" and i also prefer tails outside the dam cockpit, but i guess some of the big complaints about SA1 was the fact that you had to find your level rather than just transitioning from stage to stage especially since thats how the classic Sonic played out. SA2 really blew it when you had to find upgrades within the level, it slowed down forward progress a lot.

more complaints about SA1 came from amy, big, and e102 stories. although i didnt mind e102 too bad, it pissed me off when SEga decided to do yet another "Seg-ism" and incorporate that stupid shooting gameplay into SA2 as well, and as Tails no less. Big and Amy's gameplay was terrible though Amy's was at least tolerable and atleast was platforming. the clunky fishing engine mixed with a subpar character IMO was awful and the fact that it didnt in any way involve traversing levels was a heartbreak as well.

Knuckles levels got complaints too but they werent too bad for me. knuckles at least moved fast in his levels although i wish some of his levels were "get to the end" style and others were treasure hunting. it just annoys me that my favorite character of the franchise has been reduced from hero and guardian of the Floating Island (or Angel Island if you wanna call it that) to "der...the world's best treasure hunter"/Sonic's lackey. the emerald indicator was fairly lame at times but is was far better in this game than in SA2.

final boss battles were far better in SA1 than in SA2. the only semi-final boss battle i liked in SA2 was Shadow against the Biolizard. everything else was awful especially with all those dumb super moves.

the ranking system was terrible for SA2. its shouldnt be a struggle to unlock the 3D GReen Hill Zone (which i still havent done yet :( ) just by killing every enemy and finishing each level in record time with like 400 rings. its just absurd. even more so on the treasure hunting levels

i guess ill have to switch SA2 with SA1 in my list because im starting to see the SA2 flaws much more clearly. SA1 got good sales and respect (at least the Dreamcast version anyways) and SA2 was supposed to improve on the blunders of SA1 and instead became a blunder itself. i still like the game was there is so much SA2 couldve and shouldve changed from SA1. thanks for opening my eyes, Vali

SIDE NOTE: that E-102 player in the vid is a total n00b

Vali

Smash Ace
You're most welcome ;D.

Guess it's just a matter of preference if you like a semi-involved story which actually has you running around places and doing stuff to progress and get to the new levels. I just liked the structure mainly, that's all. It's not exactly like it was _hard_ to find where you were going, but the events and the story just seemed to make more sense in the context of the overworld.

My hate for Shadow is pretty large, but the character himself, while lame and unoriginal, isn't all that bad aside from the fanboys. It's them which kill him really ;p. Big the Cat I actually kinda liked as a character, however I do have to admit the fishing was a little clunky. Still, offered something different didn't it? Glad you're in agreement about Amy :laugh:.

E102 was either the 2nd or 3rd most enjoyable character for me in SA actually, and like with many other things the transistion from SA to SA2 killed the fun out of the shooting portions with the adequately dubbed "Seg-ism" ^^. Might have to adopt that term when talking about SEGA from now on. Don't really see why people complained about the treasure hunting ones, that was really fun (and in SA2 pretty terrible level design and almost unbearable when playing as Rouge). That E101MKII was probably my favourite boss battle from SA actually, it was just really fun to play and a really cool boss design. The Egg Viper was pretty awesome too on reflection, although with the quasi-bugginess of the homing attack it was certainly more frustrating.

My one biggest gripe about SA (apart from my little Sonic Chao who used to bob around happily everywhere with a cute grin on his face mysteriously disappearing, never coming back again and still leaves a hole in my heart :() was the introducing of the nickname Eggman. ROBOTNIK ****IT, IT'S ROBOTNIK. Really does mark the point where Sonic lost it's way.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Did anyone actually like sonic the hedgehog PS3/XBOX360? Not the storyline... actual play.
i wish i knew (hence the petition ;)) but alot of people said it plays like crap with glitches up the wazoo. although SA1/SADX had the most glitches i still enjoyed it and didnt encounter those glitches even half as often as expected (hence why gamespot takes it up the a..) and so yeah thats why im eager to try Sonic 2006 (hence the petition ;) which ill stop blatantly referring to...in this thread anyways lol)

My hate for Shadow is pretty large, but the character himself, while lame and unoriginal, isn't all that bad aside from the fanboys. It's them which kill him really ;p. Big the Cat I actually kinda liked as a character, however I do have to admit the fishing was a little clunky. Still, offered something different didn't it? Glad you're in agreement about Amy :laugh:.
the fanboys killed Shadow way too much. people that see something new and like it is one thing...people that see something new and wanna jump into bed with it is completely another...

as for Big, it did offer something different. and the way all the character tied into one big(no pun intended) storyline was amazing (not final-fantasy-amazing but amazing nonetheless). i just wish the voice-acting and cheezy lines didnt kill it.

oh and agreed, Amy in SA1=B-A-D

My one biggest gripe about SA (apart from my little Sonic Chao who used to bob around happily everywhere with a cute grin on his face mysteriously disappearing, never coming back again and still leaves a hole in my heart :() was the introducing of the nickname Eggman. ROBOTNIK ****IT, IT'S ROBOTNIK. Really does mark the point where Sonic lost it's way.
yes, yes, friggin YES! i hate that with a passion. ITS ROBOTNIK. ITS ALWAYS BEEN ROBOTNIK AND ALWAYS SHOULD BE, DAMMIT. dear lord...how the heck is it that the only time the word Robotnik is ever used these days is in prof. Gerald Robotnik's name. EVEN THE OH-SO SALT-OF-THE-EARTH COMICS HAVE THIS ATROCITY POLLUTING THEM. so annoying...anyone who's known Sonic since way back i nthe day cant possibly disagree

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
For whoever asked if SatAM was based of the comic book,it's the other way around.

For whoever asked if anyone liked the 360 Sonic,the game sucked (I've played a few times) but the graphics and cinematic scenes are awesome.Great story too.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ok, just wondering. Because I've played it for about thirty minutes but I wasn't pleased. The graphics during play I didn't care for, but the cinematics were pretty awesome. The storylines in most of sonic's games were pretty cool, but I could have cared less for Sonic Heroes. That game just p*****me off.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Ok, just wondering. Because I've played it for about thirty minutes but I wasn't pleased. The graphics during play I didn't care for, but the cinematics were pretty awesome. The storylines in most of sonic's games were pretty cool, but I could have cared less for Sonic Heroes. That game just p*****me off.
The style of graphics they used in Sonic Heroes sucked!! The gameplay was meh.The cinematics in Sonic Next Gen were awesome though.Would've made a better movie IMO. If anyone wants the full cinematics,you can PM me and I'll send them to you.

Del Money

Smash Champion
So tell me, did anyone get the Club Nintendo Magazine and prove this wrong?
no...it proved itself worng. any magazine thats cant spell "ESRB" (by the samus screenshot) correctly is far from credible. seriously, people who make stuff like that are either die anti-Sonic fans that just wanna stir up trouble or die hard Sonic fan who are to ignorant to what the real truth. pisses me off sometimes, im sorry
For whoever asked if anyone liked the 360 Sonic,the game sucked (I've played a few times) but the graphics and cinematic scenes are awesome.Great story too.
so i guess you wouldnt recommend it be ported to PC, huh?
hmm i heard the story and the in-game graphics sucked (as well as the gamplay)...from where else other than those *******es at gamespot
The style of graphics they used in Sonic Heroes sucked!!
agreed, heroes character models were ugly as crap....even on the Gamecube, XBox, and PC versions

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I read a few of the comics, which seemed neat, but I didn't have the attention span to follow them closely. I have seen a few episodes of Sonic X and one of the other cartoons (both pretty bad) and seen the movie. Which was orgasmic.
Same here with the archie comics. I'd be more than glad to read them, but have a short attention span. I was severely dissapointed after I heard of Season 3 of SatAm was never gonna happen...

I did like the Sonic X Super Sonic scene in the first season. It looked incredibly awesome.

Another bad cartoon? You must be thinking of Sonic Underground.

I don't think anything will defeat the Sonic movie in terms of non-video games.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a Sonic 3-D game with Sonic the Hedgehog 1-Sonic & Knuckles levels remade.

Imagine it, playing a 3-D version from Green Hill Zone (SA2'ers have seen this already) to Doomsday Zone.

I always thought Chao raising in SA2 was better than SA.

SA>>>SADX in terms of Sonic's speed.

Tails is so broken in SA.

Vali

Smash Ace
Sonic Heroes was only good in the fact that it kept almost forgotten Sonic characters such as Vector, Espio, Charmy Bee and Metal Sonic alive. Espio was one of my favourites Sonic additions, of which there are plenty to choose from. Sure the gameplay in Knuckles Choatix got frustruting as hell at points but it was still some mindless Sonic fun.

Sonic '06? Never played it, don't ever want to. Playing any Sonic game which is rated far worse than Sonic Heroes, SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog might actually make me cry. The graphics didn't look too bad from videos I've seen but I think it was universally agreed that it wasn't that element of the game which made it so terrible, more the constant bugs.

My dream for the next Sonic game is a 2D game with pseudo-3D graphics that plays like Sonic 3+Knux, with the same ingenius level design. Imagine Green Hill Zone with every blade of grass swaying in the wind, running through gorgeously styled and rendered levels and awesome moving backdrops. All running smoothly at 60fps please. Bring back the elements such as "Robotnik", Robotnik bosses at the end of levels, chaos emeralds, animal-based robot enemies (containing fluffy creatures), Metal Sonic and keep the playable cast limited to something along the lines of Sonic, Tails, Sonic + Tails, Knuckles and maybe Espio thrown in there for good measure.

It'd be a sorta traditional Sonic game with next-gen 2D graphics and the possibility for some absolutely massive and stunning levels.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Same here with the archie comics. I'd be more than glad to read them, but have a short attention span. I was severely dissapointed after I heard of Season 3 of SatAm was never gonna happen...

I did like the Sonic X Super Sonic scene in the first season. It looked incredibly awesome.

Another bad cartoon? You must be thinking of Sonic Underground.

I don't think anything will defeat the Sonic movie in terms of non-video games.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a Sonic 3-D game with Sonic the Hedgehog 1-Sonic & Knuckles levels remade.

Imagine it, playing a 3-D version from Green Hill Zone (SA2'ers have seen this already) to Doomsday Zone.

I always thought Chao raising in SA2 was better than SA.

SA>>>SADX in terms of Sonic's speed.

Tails is so broken in SA.
The Archie Sonic comics are the only comic books I've ever bothered to follow.I loved their super specials.Speaking of which,you should just order their new super speciak books.It's a bunch of the comics in chronological order for cheap,pretty cool. (I gotta pick it up myself)
And they did remake Green Hill Zone in SA2 as you've said.Chao raising in SA2 was kick butt. And SA was the worst Sonic game IMO.I literally got headaches from playing.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom