• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
and what about shadow hes cool too and what about this new white hedghog
sorry but Silver?????NONONONO NOT EVEN Shadow,leave the emo ones behind and the ones who has been there when Sega rivaled with Nintendo

SiD

Smash Master
I agree the others shouldn't be in the game, but what do you have against them? Everyone uses "Emo" like it means anything and can be used in any situation.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I agree the others shouldn't be in the game, but what do you have against them? Everyone uses "Emo" like it means anything and can be used in any situation.
yeah its mad annoying

Yeah TGS is going to be the biggest event this year because of the new downgraded E3.
downgraded is a synonym for "Reggie-fied"

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
sorry but Silver?????NONONONO NOT EVEN Shadow,leave the emo ones behind and the ones who has been there when Sega rivaled with Nintendo
They should stop adding new characters right about now....... Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy were pretty much like the original cast..... They were there the longest. SEGA is just always trying to be up to date or be cooler when old school was the way to go.

SiD

Smash Master
How is Amy the original cast? Even Knux wasn't added until number 3, and Tails in 2.

Besides, Most people like Shadow, and Silver is pretty cool too, what with the psychic powers and all. They added Shadow on their 10th anniversary, and Silver on their 15th.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Shadow is cool, but they messed him up badly with his game Shadow the Hedgehog by giving him guns. I'll quote the AVGN: ''WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!'' That's where I would've lost my respect for him, if he wasn't the favourite character of a friend of mine. So consider yourself lucky on that one, Shadow. =P

I've never seen Silver in action myself though, so I don't know anything about him other than his appearance.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah I like to pretend that the game "Shadow The Hedgehog" wasn't real, but instead was the dream of a 4 year old who ate a bad sandwhich before naptime.

Del Money

Smash Champion
They should stop adding new characters right about now....... Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy were pretty much like the original cast..... They were there the longest. SEGA is just always trying to be up to date or be cooler when old school was the way to go.
yes. the character cast went downhill when Big was introduced. though Sonic Adventure was a hit...Big was a ****. then all characters following (except Shadow) screwed things up. Rouge is probably the lamest implementation of sex appeal ive ever seen (though if i were Knuckes, i'd wax dat @$$). Those no-name idiots from Sonic Riders are lame, and ive never even played the game. Although im starting to think the voice-acting is what killed the characters

How is Amy the original cast? Even Knux wasn't added until number 3, and Tails in 2.

Besides, Most people like Shadow, and Silver is pretty cool too, what with the psychic powers and all. They added Shadow on their 10th anniversary, and Silver on their 15th.
i think he means post-Sonic Adventure. but i dont like Amy much. Sonics, Knuckles, Tails (in that order) FTMFW

Shadow is cool, but they messed him up badly with his game Shadow the Hedgehog by giving him guns. I'll quote the AVGN: ''WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!'' That's where I would've lost my respect for him, if he wasn't the favourite character of a friend of mine. So consider yourself lucky on that one, Shadow. =P

I've never seen Silver in action myself though, so I don't know anything about him other than his appearance.
why does everyone think the guns killed that name? voice-acting and overwhelming repetition killed it. not to mention people were biased against Sega from the get-go

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice

Amy made her debut in Sonic CD for the Sega CD (or Sega Maega-CD for those of you who dont live in the US) in 1993...
she has been around since before Knuckles...
Sonic CD was released less than a year after Sonic 2...
these added characters were necessary to keep the games feeling fresh since there wasnt a great amount of change they could make to the gameplay from game to game...
a new character means something new for consumers to look forward to...
the franchise is now past that point...
and has reached a phase that lacks any true sense of continuity mainly because they shamelessly continue to add some many characters...

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace

Well Shadow is all right, when so many characters started coming up it was hard to tell which ones you would actually get to like.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
why does everyone think the guns killed that name? voice-acting and overwhelming repetition killed it. not to mention people were biased against Sega from the get-go
Well, the guns killed it for ME anyway. I don't have that much with guns already, so when they gave Shadow some guns it just crossed the line for me. I personally don't give a **** about bad voice acting, unless it's really annoying.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah I like to pretend that the game "Shadow The Hedgehog" wasn't real, but instead was the dream of a 4 year old who ate a bad sandwhich before naptime.
Same here, add the three CD-i Zeldas and the CD-i Mario to that, and they will never, and would have never existed. "It was all just a rumor, that some f****** n00b came up with a long time AGO!" :laugh: :) ;) *hint hint hint*

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
Same here, add the three CD-i Zeldas and the CD-i Mario to that, and they will never, and would have never existed. "It was all just a rumor, that some f****** n00b came up with a long time AGO!" :laugh: :) ;) *hint hint hint*
the CD-i Zelda games are classics...
i have a feeling CD-i Link will be the new sandbag...
before you blast him off into the distance...
hes gonna say...
How about a kiss for luck???

Del Money

Smash Champion
I personally don't give a **** about bad voice acting, unless it's really annoying.
um...which it is for all Sonic games from SA1 onward

at the risk of being flamed by the infamous JohnKnight1 for 3rd degree n00bism, what are the zelda and mario CD-i games? ive never heard of em

EDIT: um never mind, just googled it. probably better if i had still never heard of em

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
All of the best video game characters had a bad release on the CD-i I heard.

Link's Legend of Zelda games were horrible and Hotel Mario was bad if I'm right.

SonicMario

Smash Master
How about we just say that the CD-i it self never existed.

ANYWAYS i am now thinking that if the 1-2 non-nintendo characters that is not Snake rule still stands, then Sonic will fill the final spot or one of those. I am saying it because the creators of Mario and Smash Bros. announced that he was most requested. I have never heard them speak of the other ones, so Sonic has a better chance then ANY and i mean ANY other 3rd party characters. If anyone argues against me i will say but just one word.

Del Money

Smash Champion
How about we just say that the CD-i it self never existed.

ANYWAYS i am now thinking that if the 1-2 non-nintendo characters that is not Snake rule still stands, then Sonic will fill the final spot or one of those. I am saying it because the creators of Mario and Smash Bros. announced that he was most requested. I have never heard them speak of the other ones, so Sonic has a better chance then ANY and i mean ANY other 3rd party characters. If anyone argues against me i will say but just one word.
yes hes the most requested. and yes, as of jan 2002 (i think it was jan when SA2:Battle came out) Sonic officially made nintendo history but lets be reasonable, Sega is almost (if not already) the video game company with the biggest streak of ****tyness when expected to do well in the last 5 years. if a sequel to Sonic 360 comes out, i guarantee my pubic hairs will sell better in the USA than it will. ive lost faith is Sega, and a half-baked response "That's not on the card at the moment" didnt help. Sonic was the most requested and is what the fans want. Sonic WONT be an AT, unless brawl really sucks. so therefore out of the 3rd parties, Sonic has the best shot at being a playable character. but with regards to being in brawl period, i think Bomberman has it.

SiD

Smash Master
I don't care what anyone says, I liked Sonic 360. Not that I'd reccomend it, but It's better than it's (numerous) flaws to me. I just bought it today, I rented it before but now that it was 25 bucks, it was worth it.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
I don't care what anyone says, I liked Sonic 360. Not that I'd reccomend it, but It's better than it's (numerous) flaws to me. I just bought it today, I rented it before but now that it was 25 bucks, it was worth it.
Well 25 bucks is worth it. I wouldn't pay fifty for it. I played the first level and was like "Well graphics are nice, but they could have made the game a little bit better."

Sonic games are just dying now. Hopefully they'll make a Sonic Adventure 3 that I've always dreamed of soon. But probably not for Wii, no, they'll only throw spinoff games to Wii. *stupid Sega for making Sonic and the Secret Rings*

SonicMario

Smash Master
Well 25 bucks is worth it. I wouldn't pay fifty for it. I played the first level and was like "Well graphics are nice, but they could have made the game a little bit better."

Sonic games are just dying now. Hopefully they'll make a Sonic Adventure 3 that I've always dreamed of soon. But probably not for Wii, no, they'll only throw spinoff games to Wii. *stupid Sega for making Sonic and the Secret Rings*
:mad:
Hey wait a minute! Can't Sega just make something with Sonic using the Nunchuk?! Don't call ALL sonic main series off the Wii just yet.

Del Money

Smash Champion
f@ckin balls yo. Sonic 360 was originally supposed to be a 3D next-gen remake of the first Sonic game from 1991. wtf happened? although even though Sonic 360 allegedlyy sucks, im still buying it too. Shadow "sucked" and yet i liked it so i dont really care too much....even if Sonic 360 finds a way to disappoint me. Sonic fan represent fo shizz

gamespot said the graphics sucked. but apparently gamespot likes guys because i saw the Sonic 360 trailers last year and it looked pretty friggin nice to me

wow thats 3 people today who told me SatSR was balls

:mad:
Hey wait a minute! Can't Sega just make something with Sonic using the Nunchuk?! Don't call ALL sonic main series off the Wii just yet.
we need another Sonic Adventure will no treasure hunting, no glitches, no 4-kids horse**** voice acting, and no tweaked out camera. im hoping the Wii will eventually yield that kind of game so i wont have to blow $500 on a new console. (i still need to buy a Wii anyways for brawl)

Del Money

Smash Champion
I've been waiting for a Mario/Sonic game for years.
me too. Sonic fan since 1993 yo. hell, ill buy the game even if gamespot gives it a 1.4. actually, f*ck gamespot, theyre a bunch of boners anyways. they wouldnt know a good gmae if "Good" was the title

SiD

Smash Master
Well it wouldn't be Sonic Adventure without treasure hunting.

SA3 won't happen though, Sonic 360 basically was a SA game but they came out too long ago to make a sequel too (in Sega's eyes)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well it wouldn't be Sonic Adventure without treasure hunting.

SA3 won't happen though, Sonic 360 basically was a SA game but they came out too long ago to make a sequel too (in Sega's eyes)
Yeah, I actually kind of like the treasure hunting. It's not exactly the thing most Sonic fans would play a Sonic game for, but I still found it fun.

My main problems in the SA games were....

SA:
-Amy's story. With the big, creepy robot thing chasing you in every level. NO THANK YOU.
-Big's story. This is not a fishing game. Or at least it shouldn't be.
-The pace of Gamma's levels. I didn't mind it, but he's REALLY slow.

SA2:
-Eggman/Tails levels. Same issue as I had with Gamma.
-The ghost level in Rouge/Knuckles story. Scared the CRAP out of me. I can't tell you how many times they put those ****ing emerald shards in rooms that were swarming with ghosts. Levels that nearly give you heart attacks are not fun.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Berkus Rhymes With Circus

the treasure hunting isnt all that bad, and everything you found wrong with SA1 and SA2 i did too...but why the heck does Gamespot and all other gaming resources say the 3D Sonic games are "slowed down" fromthe old days? heroes maybe but SA1 & SA2? obviously those boners havent played any of the Sonic levels
That didn't stop Sega from making a NiGHTS sequel 10-12 years after the 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom