• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
You could... Wait never mind that a different company..

But it adds a little... If another company did it and it was sucessful then they could pull it off..

Resident Evil, RE 2, RE 3, RE:CV. RE Survivor (Sort of a spin off that sucks), RE:Gaiden (Another spin off that sucked), RE:0 (The incident before the original.. Milking it much?), RE Dead Aim (Another..), RE Outbreak/#2 (Online spinoff), RE4

After all those spin offs.. When 4 came out it was a big hit.. getting some people that didn't even play RE before buy it... Though I am talking again.. about a different company.

Lets just hope Sega can do that also eh?

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
me too. Sonic fan since 1993 yo. hell, ill buy the game even if gamespot gives it a 1.4. actually, f*ck gamespot, theyre a bunch of boners anyways. they wouldnt know a good gmae if "Good" was the title
Gamespot wouldn't know a good game if a guy in a panda costume kicked them in the balls.

Look at what they gave Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Gamespot wouldn't know a good game if a guy in a panda costume kicked them in the balls.

Look at what they gave Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.
aint that the truth. i was shocked when i saw that rating. i wish there was a game site that was more reliable

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Pretty sure this is old but here you guys go:

http://www.usuarios.lycos.es/miloexe/RevistaJulio15.jpg

Translation of one of the parts:

Sakurai: Good... It's a difficult question. ... Sonic finds himself in the videogame, but even ... the ultimate confirmation of Sega. Due to the next one of exit, the date limits so that Sega sends it with ... the 26 of this month, on that day he [Sega?] thinks to give an actual ... official on him [Sega?] including or not the mascot of Sega ... game. I in the personal I am crossing my fingers.
So Sega has to the 26th of this month if they want one of there characters to make it into Brawl.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
So they have 6 days from today. I think they would have already answered by now, Miyamoto has been at SEGA lately supervising M&S at the Olympic Games. Miyamoto would probably have discussed it with them, and then with Sakurai. It would just to hard to believe SEGA hasn't said anything even with all the mail, fan letters, forum talks, art, having shown in magazines and on TV about this one confirmation. SEGA would honestly be ******** if they said no. Almost every Smash fan or player probably knows about Sonic in smash by now.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Pretty sure this is old but here you guys go:

http://www.usuarios.lycos.es/miloexe/RevistaJulio15.jpg

Translation of one of the parts:

So Sega has to the 26th of this month if they want one of there characters to make it into Brawl.
wow i had actually never seen that before. this is kinda dumb though. why would this article have been released in july if Sega had already answered? i might boycott Sega completely if they sit on the decision and dont do something

So they have 6 days from today. I think they would have already answered by now, Miyamoto has been at SEGA lately supervising M&S at the Olympic Games. Miyamoto would probably have discussed it with them, and then with Sakurai. It would just to hard to believe SEGA hasn't said anything even with all the mail, fan letters, forum talks, art, having shown in magazines and on TV about this one confirmation. SEGA would honestly be ******** if they said no. Almost every Smash fan or player probably knows about Sonic in smash by now.
you better be right

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
This may be weird, but i think my bestbuy (Canada) is leaking some info or maybe it was a mistake. Apparently you can preorder your Brawl but in the coupon-esque picture, i see sonic, wario and some other people. Unfortunately i do not have the flyer with me at the moment. Hopefully when i get it ill scan and post.

SiD

Smash Master
Wow, I might actually have a reason to like Canada.

j/k

What's your postal code? Do they have those in Canada? Cause you can look at flyers online.

Del Money

Smash Champion
This comes from the Mexican Magazine called "Club Ventendo "
something about the term "Mexican magazine" just screams "not credible" to me. and no thats not a racial remark. its just that its similar to that European trash magazine last year or something that mentioned something about Sonic in brawl that wasnt credible either

This may be weird, but i think my bestbuy (Canada) is leaking some info or maybe it was a mistake. Apparently you can preorder your Brawl but in the coupon-esque picture, i see sonic, wario and some other people. Unfortunately i do not have the flyer with me at the moment. Hopefully when i get it ill scan and post.
please do...i always think its fabricated (i love saying that) but scan that **** anyways

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I might actually have a reason to like Canada.

j/k

What's your postal code? Do they have those in Canada? Cause you can look at flyers online.
Ahhhh..............the beauties of technology..................................:urg::dizzy:

but seriously that magizine article is most likely fake and that flyer could be created by photoshopping another pic. i personally am not going to believe it until the offical announcement on the website. (though i continue to hope for his inclusion :chuckle:)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah, I wanna see that also.. So many things you see online that can be fake or true.. I might make a gaming magazine one day and make everything in it look fake hehe..

And.. the 26th... we'll see...

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hey guys. I know that a Green Hill Zone stage was alreayd talked about. But what would it look like and what sort of hazards like Robotnik's (Back then) Robots? Or possibly a 16-bit Robotnik trying to hit you with the checkered ball. (Wow, i must be feeling Nostalgia right now)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I newly whole updated Green Hill Zone stage would be sweet. Robotnik using some of his most recognizable machines on players. Maybe some loops and rings, most of it has been discussed. I wish they had an Ice cap zone stage, those were my fav levels.

Del Money

Smash Champion
green hill zone would pwn. emearld hill would be better cuz its got better music. speed highway or final rush would be the ultimate except theyre not classics

SonicMario

Smash Master
green hill zone would pwn. emearld hill would be better cuz its got better music. speed highway or final rush would be the ultimate except theyre not classics
I thought that the Green Hill Zone music would be pretty good, i bet it would sound better in a remix to Brawl's stature.

And i guess you changed your Avatar picture huh Del Money. I hate to admit it but i sort of miss your Diddy one.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I thought that the Green Hill Zone music would be pretty good, i bet it would sound better in a remix to Brawl's stature.

And i guess you changed your Avatar picture huh Del Money. I hate to admit it but i sort of miss your Diddy one.
Green Hill >>> Emerald Hill

Besides, Green Hill has much better remixes.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think it would be a mistake to add Sonic, for a few reasons.
1) Adding a whole new character this late in development? Seriously?!?
2) Even if they could've made him a long time ago, his moves would all be rip-off's of half the characters in the game already, considering I look at them and think, "wow, perfect move for Sonic." To elaborate: Fox Illusion, Yoshi's Eggroll / Jiggs Rollout, Samus' Screwdriver (Up-B).
3) Just to make him true to his charcter, he'd have to be faster than Fox from Melee, and that's just ludicrous.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sonic and wouldn't mind seeing him in Smash, I just think he wouldn't be original.

Del Money

Smash Champion
diddy is a pimp. but me and the hedgehog have been bros since 1993
Green Hill >>> Emerald Hill

Besides, Green Hill has much better remixes.
hmm...perhaps i need to here these remixes
I think it would be a mistake to add Sonic, for a few reasons.
1) Adding a whole new character this late in development? Seriously?!?
what if hes already in and we just dont know it yet?
2) Even if they could've made him a long time ago, his moves would all be rip-off's of half the characters in the game already, considering I look at them and think, "wow, perfect move for Sonic." To elaborate: Fox Illusion, Yoshi's Eggroll / Jiggs Rollout, Samus' Screwdriver (Up-B).
um ok....
1. Sonic could spindash long before jiggs even became an official pokemon. if anything, the rollout was a ripoff of the spindash.
2. the Fox illusion would probably be the dumbest move Sonic could possibly have, i doubt that would ever be his forward+B if he was included
3. the Samus screw-attack is unique but no one could ever see that being Sonic's up+B anyways. it would more likely be a spring appears below his (similar to G&W's recovery) or the Sonic tornado from Sonic Heroes or SA2
3) Just to make him true to his charcter, he'd have to be faster than Fox from Melee, and that's just ludicrous.
true but falcon is faster than fox in melee anyways and falcon isnt even top-tier. Sonic and falcon as the same speed would make alot of sense anyways. Falcon races in F-Zero GX as 1000+ mph or(km/h i forget) so thats why his character was made to be so fast. it would made sense for Sonic and Falcon to be the two fastest characters
Don't get me wrong, I like Sonic and wouldn't mind seeing him in Smash, I just think he wouldn't be original.
its all good, i respect your opinion

and now for some good humor...

ZOMG C0NPH!R3D!!!!!!!!!!

Del Money

Smash Champion
youre dam right theres SatAM fans in here. though its probably like just 2 or 3, myself included

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
WTF is Dawn Patrol........I'm seeing it everywhere...........And Sonic will be in
Snake is in.......Who had a better chance before he was shown?

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
WTF is SatAM....................JEEZE GUYS ........I don't know this lingo
It is new to me

Del Money

Smash Champion
WTF is Dawn Patrol........I'm seeing it everywhere...........And Sonic will be in
Snake is in.......Who had a better chance before he was shown?
dont jinx Sonic dude. oh and i dunno what Dawn Patrol is either. but i think its some SSBM clan or something with tons of members surprisingly. theres like 5 of em in the **What's going on at Smashbros.com" thread
WTF is SatAM....................JEEZE GUYS ........I don't know this lingo
It is new to me
SatAM is short for Saturday Morning and it reference the 1993 Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon that was shown on ABC Satruday mornings. definitely the best Sonic cartoon series of all time because it was more about missions with a group of freedom fighters to defeat Robotnik (or Eggman like everyone now calls him).

Sonic X sucks raw eggs
Adventure of Sonic the Hedgehog (also released in 1993) kinda sucked too
Sonic Underground was ok but took a weirder spin on Sonic. for one his supporting cast of characters were his sister Sonia and brother Manic and absentee mother Queen Aleena of mobius. the show was based on mixing freedom fighting against Robotnik with the search for their mother and magical musical instruments that serve as weapons for them. they all play a song usually in the middle of the episode

sorry for the lost history lesson but i hope that clears things up

Make it four then.SatAM fan right here! :grin:
rock on dude

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
dont jinx Sonic dude. oh and i dunno what Dawn Patrol is either. but i think its some SSBM clan or something with tons of members surprisingly. theres like 5 of em in the **What's going on at Smashbros.com" thread

SatAM is short for Saturday Morning and it reference the 1993 Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon that was shown on ABC Satruday mornings. definitely the best Sonic cartoon series of all time because it was more about missions with a group of freedom fighters to defeat Robotnik (or Eggman like everyone now calls him).

Sonic X sucks raw eggs
Adventure of Sonic the Hedgehog (also released in 1993) kinda sucked too
Sonic Underground was ok but took a weirder spin on Sonic. for one his supporting cast of characters were his sister Sonia and brother Manic and absentee mother Queen Aleena of mobius. the show was based on mixing freedom fighting against Robotnik with the search for their mother and magical musical instruments that serve as weapons for them. they all play a song usually in the middle of the episode

sorry for the lost history lesson but i hope that clears things up

rock on dude
SatAM was definetely the best. Sonic X wasn't THAT bad,but it definetely had it's flaws.AOSTH was for babies, but had some funny bits,and Sonic Underground made me think wtf?? The songs in that show sucked, too.:crazy:

Del Money

Smash Champion
SatAM was definetely the best. Sonic X wasn't THAT bad,but it definetely had it's flaws.AOSTH was for babies, but had some funny bits,and Sonic Underground made me think wtf?? The songs in that show sucked, too.:crazy:
yeah AOSTH blew hands down. Sonic Underground was weird and hit-or-miss with regards to quality. more of the songs sucked i agree but there were like 2 or 3 i actually kinda liked...still out of 40 episodes the music was fairly awful, at least Knuckles appeared in 4 episodes (probably the only 4 worth watching). meh i guess X was ok to some degree. i liked how it featured Super Sonic. its just that...well...animation style+voice acting FTL

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I remember watching all of those SatAM is what got me into Sonic, Then I got a Genesis and played all his games. Sonic X was alright, I'm talking about the first fifty somin episodes then it got weird. Never saw Sonic Underground just know it's hedgehogs and rock.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I liked the animation in Sonic X.It would've been better if it used proper Sonic mythos.Chris Thorndyke.Augh..

Del Money

Smash Champion
Never saw Sonic Underground just know it's hedgehogs and rock.
yeah i wouldve never seen Sonic Underground either had it not been for http://www.thesonicworld.net. the show was only released in select parts of the US and i think it was more common overseas. the site i linked above also ha that Sonic movie which wasnt half bad minus yet again the voice-acting. oh and it also has the Sonic SatAM too
I liked the animation in Sonic X.It would've been better if it used proper Sonic mythos.Chris Thorndyke.Augh..
Chris Thorndike=lame. and that gets me wondering, the Sonic series seems to go downhill when humans were introduced into the game. coincidence you think?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Count me in as a SatAm Sonic fan as well.

God****ed Power Rangers (you Satam fans know what I'm talking about), going around ruining other shows.

I dont think anyone should really be bashing AoSTH, being that is was a Sonic more fit for pre-schoolers and children around that age. SatAm simply being a more mature version with darker tones.

Sonic Underground.......ugh. I think I just threw up a little.

Sonic X was.....uh.....

well, I did like the drawing style and effects, and the whole SA-Sonic Battle story plot was nice nostalgia. Everything else abot it sucked however.

Sonic the Movie. Now thats something that kicked some ***.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
No humans = AWESOME SONIC GAME in some cases, cause I'm pretty sure M&S at the Olympic games isn't gonna suck massive crap. Well Eggman should be the only human. I still believe Sonic will get back on his feet, mostly with all the new DS titles coming out, but a major counsel game has to blow my mind. I still think it's weird Bioware is making a Sonic RPG, they must like Sonic too. Bioware = GREAT GAME MAKERS.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Count me in as a SatAm Sonic fan as well.

God****ed Power Rangers (you Satam fans know what I'm talking about), going around ruining other shows.

I dont think anyone should really be bashing AoSTH, being that is was a Sonic more fit for pre-schoolers and children around that age. SatAm simply being a more mature version with darker tones.

Sonic Underground.......ugh. I think I just threw up a little.

Sonic X was.....uh.....

well, I did like the drawing style and effects, and the whole SA-Sonic Battle story plot was nice nostalgia. Everything else abot it sucked however.

Sonic the Movie. Now thats something that kicked some ***.
ok...fine...i'll admit it. i watch AoStH a lot back i nthe day. but anyways welcome aboard the SatAM bandwagon
No humans = AWESOME SONIC GAME in some cases, cause I'm pretty sure M&S at the Olympic games isn't gonna suck massive crap. Well Eggman should be the only human. I still believe Sonic will get back on his feet, mostly with all the new DS titles coming out, but a major counsel game has to blow my mind. I still think it's weird Bioware is making a Sonic RPG, they must like Sonic too. Bioware = GREAT GAME MAKERS.
well yeah but if Sega's development team are nearly as lazy as they have been over the years M&SatO could easily take it up the ***. the only factors thatll attract people to ths game are
1. Sonic & mario (duh)
2. hopefully good ratings (yes...even from those f*ckers at Gamespot)
it has the potential to just be a Mario Party with Sonic and friends and Olympics events and nothing more. i have no idea what could make that game more accepted. of course im not saying i wont buy it and play it essentially as im as a hard fan Sonic fan and contrary to most people, i even liked Shadow the Hedgehog

Vali

Smash Ace
After seeing Sonic X for the first time about a year ago, I died a little inside. It effectively killed my childhood memories.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I wish the Sonic RPG was for Wii though cause Bioware can be completely trusted with Sonic.

Throw me on the SatAM bandwagon :)

I change subjects :)

Del Money

Smash Champion
After seeing Sonic X for the first time about a year ago, I died a little inside. It effectively killed my childhood memories.
99.9% agreed. i only liked how Super Sonic was FINALLY referenced in a Sonic cartoon series. and that the games were a bit more closely followed

Vali

Smash Ace
99.9% agreed. i only liked how Super Sonic was FINALLY referenced in a Sonic cartoon series. and that the games were a bit more closely followed
Just read the old Sonic comics. Ah I remember reading those, good times. Those were real Sonic cartoons, set on Mobius and following good old Sonic plots which made Sonic what Sonic was and not starring some freakish whiny ginger **** ><. Sega is doing to Sonic what people get sent to prison for, for a long time, every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom