• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Do you guys think it's possible that Sonic could not be in the game based on disagreements about how he should play between Nintendo and Sega?

Like, perhaps Sega said something like, "Yeah, you can use Sonic, but he has to be twice as fast as any other character." And Nintendo was like, "Screw that." And instead of Sonic we end up with a monkey in a ball.

Although I suppose that the clip of M&S at the Olympic Games does some damage to that speculation, considering Mario and Sonic are neck and neck in a 100-m sprint, and Sega is making the game.

I suppose Sonic just has no shame any more. How the mighty have fallen.
all we know is that Nintendo contact Sega about it .

by that time of the interview they said that they didnt get an answer from sega yet and thats it.

you really wonder if sega said yes or no....:ohwell:

Del Money

Smash Champion
OH!! They should put Captain Planet in Brawl! WOOOOOOOO!

By your powers combined, I am CAPTAIN PLANET!

For the record, I didn't remember his catch phrase, I wiki'd it.
good cuz i almost lost respect for you

all we know is that Nintendo contact Sega about it .

by that time of the interview they said that they didnt get an answer from sega yet and thats it.

you really wonder if sega said yes or no....:ohwell:
i know its pretty much impossible to tell but do you think theyve gotten their answer from sega yet and are holding out? or do you thinks the stupid "That's not on the cards at moment" line implies they havent prepared for it yet?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm guessing they have gotten it already.. If Sega is using Mario etc. and making theire own characters par with Mario. Then I'm sure they would want Sonic balanced with the rest of the crew in Smash.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
You guys think that Sonic may have bad traction like in his older games like Sonic the Hedgehog 2?
ha we were just discussing this in my thread, i think if he is the fastest characte then he should have the bad traction that leads to skidding to a stop rather than stopping on a dime. He should also have some startup lag to his full dash speed. For example, he starts out dashing as fast as fox but speeds up to faster than CF.

It will not only make him more unique as a character, but it will keep him true to his games, like you said in StH2. It will also make him balanced and not broken

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I hate to sound rude here, but half of your predicted moveset is pretty sucky.
=/

Anyhoo, I can't wait 'til the day Sonic is announced, i've got high hopes, i'm on the edge of my seat, it'd make my year, after 16 years, it has to be settled, Olympics aren't fair on Mario's side really, Smash Bros is neutral ground, fisticuffs is how they'll settle the score, right here, right now.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ bluebomer22
Imagine his Wavedash, lol=Luigi's rival! He should speed up super fast, like within 2 or 3 seconds he reaches max speed. Hopefully this doesn't make dash dancing impossible, since I think Sonic with dash dancing is so much better than without. Other then these few side comments, I 100% agree with bluebomer22, as always. :)

Also, on Sakurai's Darth board sonic is dead center. Once he hits it, the Smash World Forums will become the Spam World Forums! :chuckle:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
@JK1- Yeah his wavedash would be insane

Also if Sonic is announced the SmashBoards will do down it about 2sec. I expect the traffic through here to be insane.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
While it would make sense, and it definitely is an amazing idea, I'm very shaky about Sonic's being in. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics coming out could go either way for Sonic's being in Brawl.

While this does show that Nintendo is collaborating with Sega, Mario and Sonic, all that history crap, this could also be a drawing factor where in this game exclusively, you have both Sonic and Mario characters. Not to mention that in an interview A Sega rep said that nothing for Sonic in Brawl was planned at the time, but this could go either way as well.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sonic's inclusion would crash the internet, never mind Smashboards:laugh:
The world would be destroyed in a nuclear holacaust, because everyone in the world would know it, and would be on the internet. Then the internet is overloaded, and the wriing blows up worldwide, destroying nuclear power plants and factories. Since that is probably what will happen, I will now official be against Sonic in Brawl!

:grin:

Just jk, he's probably worth it!

@ bluebomer22
If there is a button made only for wavedashing, expect n00bs on online play to just slide from one side of the field to another. Also, while I think his wavedash would be the fastest, I don't think it would go farther then Luigi's. It would be more like Mario's, just really, really fast. In fact, in 5 frames he'd go from 10 feet away from you, to grabbing you! :grin:

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
The world would be destroyed in a nuclear holacaust, because everyone in the world would know it, and would be on the internet. Then the internet is overloaded, and the wriing blows up worldwide, destroying nuclear power plants and factories. Since that is probably what will happen, I will now official be against Sonic in Brawl!

:grin:

Just jk, he's probably worth it!

@ bluebomer22
If there is a button made only for wavedashing, expect n00bs on online play to just slide from one side of the field to another. Also, while I think his wavedash would be the fastest, I don't think it would go farther then Luigi's. It would be more like Mario's, just really, really fast. In fact, in 5 frames he'd go from 10 feet away from you, to grabbing you! :grin:
Noooo
Support the cause, just defend t3h intenetz :lick::lick:

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
As much as I want to see Sonic, (really, I was a MASSIVE Sonic fan in my youth, and still am, sort of) I recall someone somewhere uploading a scan of a magazine interview with Sakurai who said that they didn't have time to negotiate a deal over Sonic in Brawl, but instead are now working on 'different' things to pit Sonic and Mario against eachother.

Soonafter, that Olympics thing was announced.

Anyone know anything?

bored

Smash Ace
I hope sonic is in.. I don't know it just wouldn't seem complete without him..

SonicMario

Smash Master
As much as I want to see Sonic, (really, I was a MASSIVE Sonic fan in my youth, and still am, sort of) I recall someone somewhere uploading a scan of a magazine interview with Sakurai who said that they didn't have time to negotiate a deal over Sonic in Brawl, but instead are now working on 'different' things to pit Sonic and Mario against eachother.

Soonafter, that Olympics thing was announced.

Anyone know anything?
Do you know what that website is by chance? If not, i think it is just a thing to avoid Sonic fans from overloading that site with "OMG Sonic should be in Brawl!" Now i know that i want Sonic in HUGELY, but i don't just go all out and darn say it like that. Even i as a Hardcore Sonic fan think those guys are annoying.:dizzy:

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
I really can't remember, but the image itself was uploaded through Photobucket. Looked ****ed convincing, I must say.

Although, I imagine that because Sonic hype/discussion is still running strong, it mustn't be true. Fingers crossed...

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i could picture the day sonic is confirmed (cuz he will be).

this is josh bernard live from the mall.... where we have a crisis.. it seems sega fanboys everywhere have been in a state of pandemonium after sonic the hedgehog was confirmed for brawl. THe scene here depicts roughly 200 caucasian teenagers throwing feces and causing various acts of vandelism. for instance...this convenience store was the result of tagging..."ZOMFG SONIC IN BRAWL" and "BBQ"

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
i could picture the day sonic is confirmed (cuz he will be).

this is josh bernard live from the mall.... where we have a crisis.. it seems sega fanboys everywhere have been in a state of pandemonium after sonic the hedgehog was confirmed for brawl. THe scene here depicts roughly 200 caucasian teenagers throwing feces and causing various acts of vandelism. for instance...this convenience store was the result of tagging..."ZOMFG SONIC IN BRAWL" and "BBQ"
LMFAO :laugh:

Yes, that will be me, in Dundee, this coming December. :p

SonicMario

Smash Master
I really can't remember, but the image itself was uploaded through Photobucket. Looked ****ed convincing, I must say.

Although, I imagine that because Sonic hype/discussion is still running strong, it mustn't be true. Fingers crossed...
It is impossible to be true because it would have reached national Gamer's news by now. And ditto the fingers plus a chili dog;)

SiD

Smash Master
You know what would be totally awesome? If Shadow the hedgehog was in this game. Shadow is sooo toootally awesome. He could use those guns from that game. Those were awesome and they worked sooooo well. Who exactly is Sonic anyway? Was he that blue guy? What did they make a spinoff about him from Shadow?

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
You know what would be totally awesome? If Shadow the hedgehog was in this game. Shadow is sooo toootally awesome. He could use those guns from that game. Those were awesome and they worked sooooo well. Who exactly is Sonic anyway? Was he that blue guy? What did they make a spinoff about him from Shadow?
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LOL, Shadow the Hedgehog was lame. The game that is - in SA2 he was a badass. Wouldn't have him in Brawl, though. If anyone aside Sonic, Eggman. Need more evil dudes/heavyweights, he'd do very nicely.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@SiD
Was that an attempt to change the subject i sense? I thought we already talked about Shadow so many times earlier.:confused:
This thread's 130 pages long. I think pretty much everything has been talked about at this point. :p

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I hope Sonic is in.If he doesn't make the cut,it will be most likely to Nintendo's ignorance to give fans small details they'll like to and miss out on HUGE oppurtunities.

SiD

Smash Master
So everyone seems to be expecting an update to announce Sonic, but I think if he is in he will be a secret character. The game will be out at least 5 minutes before someone figures that out.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yep.. if they don't announce him he will be a secret character or something.. I don't know how the announce and unlock thing works.

If he is confirmed.. Good
If not.. we will say he is a secret character.. and if not.. too bad we already have the game..

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Nintendo said at E3 that they were going to try and hold a separate event for Brawl sometime during the year. Perfect opprotunity for a playable demo, or a trailer... oh, and an announcement of Sonic's inclusion in the roster

Sonic for Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
eh, i hate sonic; wouldn't care if he made it :/
that was...cold blooded

Nintendo said at E3 that they were going to try and hold a separate event for Brawl sometime during the year. Perfect opprotunity for a playable demo, or a trailer... oh, and an announcement of Sonic's inclusion in the roster

Sonic for Brawl.
keyword being "try". but even still at an event like that, holding out on info probably takes priority over updating us (kinda like the smash dojo site)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom