• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Up Smash-Breakdance kick
umm please define...when i think "breakdance kick" i think mario's down smash

Down Smash-Sweep (Think mario)
see where i get confused?

Up B-Sonic Wind (Sonic Adventure 2)
this is where i get confused again. ive seen a suggestion for sonic wind up+B before but they were talking about the sonic tornado from Sonic Heroes which is almost the same thing. sonic wind seems like too large-scale of an attack to be a recovery. but maybe im wrong

all in all your moveset is great. and worse comes to worse, moves can always be ripped from sonic battle for GBA...which i never played. in fact i never played any sonic GBA games and i had a GBA too...did i miss anything good?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
also wasn't gta san andreas made AO. and the stores still had it in stock. basically if the game is good and doesn't suck (cough cough manhunt 2) the stores will still sell it to make money, even if its AO

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
@KillSwitch: My sig was made by Tappy also.:grin:

@Del Money: The break dance kick I was thinking of sort of resembles theone Zamus uses in Haloid when she has her Samus boots and kicks Master Chief. (Haloid if you want to search it on youtube) Basically it's Sonic and he foes a spin and ends up on one hand and spins,kicking at an opponent,I can't find a good picture of it,so if you still need a picture,I suppose I could find it for you.Or you could find it for yourself.As for Sonic wind,it does seem sort of big,but I'm confident that that would be fixed accordingly.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Got Blood?

oh ok gotcha. that seems pretty cool but they might just stick with the old-fashioned bicycle kick (i.e. fox and pikachus up smash)

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
One thing irks me about the Olympic game.Since Miyamoto is overlooking it,it seems as though Mario won't be talking (again) but does that mean Sonic won't either? I haven't seen any indications of his mouth,so I presume no speaking,just maybe little grunts like Mario.That's a shame,because I like Sonic's dialouge.:(

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I don't really have any high expectations for that game, and have no intentions of buying it unless I see some great reviews. But I'll also have Halo 3 to play since it comes out.. in about half the time before SSBB is released..

Sonic moves are a bit tough for me to think of and make my own moveset. Since I never really paid attention to the animations of Melee. And Sonic never really does anything else besides run, jump, roll and um... ball up and fly a little.

Del Money

Smash Champion
One thing irks me about the Olympic game.Since Miyamoto is overlooking it,it seems as though Mario won't be talking (again) but does that mean Sonic won't either? I haven't seen any indications of his mouth,so I presume no speaking,just maybe little grunts like Mario.That's a shame,because I like Sonic's dialouge.:(
that may not be such a bad thing. voice acting was a major factor in killing the potentially-large 3D Sonic Games fanbase

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I can not wait till SSBB, just my old character will not be on the, Falco will be gone.
I hope they keep Marth.
1. You don't know Falco will be gone. We have no reason to believe he won't return yet.

2. You know this is a Sonic thread, right?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Maybe,but Shadow and Amy hav pretty good voices,and Sonic's is perfect.His laugh is awesome too.:grin:
shadows voice is fine. amy is waaay too whiny but thats to be expected. and Sonic is mehh...i prefer the Sonic Adventure 1 voice a bit better for Sonic. in fact the voices themselves are the real problem (except for tails), its the lame tones and pitches of enthusiasm that comes with the cheezy lines

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yes, voice acting is a hard one to pull off... The only good ones (IMO) in recent years are... Halo, Gears of War, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.... So.. most FPSes and most RPGs..

Watching X-Play made me realize how bad some Sonic ones really are... But I still think the original Resident Evil was the worst yet entertaining.

Now day RE voice acting is alright but the lines are horrible..

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Off topic*I don't want Falco to be gone.. He was my secondary.. He was my option for using Fox.. but Fox moved way to quick for my eyes so I went with Falco and stuck with him..

I hope Sonic isn't a last minute thing and ends up being a clone of someone else.. That would be horrible for his forth coming and so called last SSB..

SiD

Smash Master
also wasn't gta san andreas made AO. and the stores still had it in stock. basically if the game is good and doesn't suck (cough cough manhunt 2) the stores will still sell it to make money, even if its AO

Actually, all stores pulled it off their shelves until they re-released it without the "hot coffee" and had an M rating again.

Also, maybe Sonic's up B could be Tails carries him up? Or he turns into Super Sonic for a second and flies up?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
*Off topic*I don't want Falco to be gone.. He was my secondary.. He was my option for using Fox.. but Fox moved way to quick for my eyes so I went with Falco and stuck with him..

I hope Sonic isn't a last minute thing and ends up being a clone of someone else.. That would be horrible for his forth coming and so called last SSB..
Him being a clone would suck,but if he had to be,I'd want him to be a Mario clone.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Him being a clone would suck,but if he had to be,I'd want him to be a Mario clone.
What would his cape be? Tails? haha.. or some random Chao?.. Or his fire ball move? does he toss some rings?... I never used Mario so I can't say if it would be a good one for him to take after.

But with some good tweaking, and making him seem somewhat different from Mario it could work. I just hope that it doesn't come down to that.. I really really do hope so.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I don't think they would make him a clone anyway.I'm just worried about him being in the game to start off with.

Del Money

Smash Champion
What would his cape be? Tails? haha.. or some random Chao?.. Or his fire ball move? does he toss some rings?... I never used Mario so I can't say if it would be a good one for him to take after.

But with some good tweaking, and making him seem somewhat different from Mario it could work. I just hope that it doesn't come down to that.. I really really do hope so.
dear lord, dont even joke like that. although you bring up an interesting point. what if Sonic was a clone of more than one character. like say some moves resembled falcons, some resembled fox's, some resemble mario

Why is that?
whats with the one-liners dude?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
There are many different factors that worry us..
- Is he actually going to be in the game?
- Is he going to be a good.. maybe middle tier atleast character?
- Is he going to be a clone?

Going by my own priority of course...

SiD

Smash Master
Why is what...? And I don't even want to hear anymore talk of a Sonic clone...:crazy:

Well, lets think about this logically. You posted something about being worried about him being in the to start off with, then right under that I said why is that. What do you think I was talking about?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
We.. are all worried about Sonic actually being in the game. Its probably our biggest issue right now. And the day (If he does) confirm him on the site.. We will start worrying about his moves and stats a lot more.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well, lets think about this logically. You posted something about being worried about him being in the to start off with, then right under that I said why is that. What do you think I was talking about?
SiD, your remarks always crack me up, whether theyre way off base or right on the money. your avatar kinda amplifies the humorous effect

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Oh,I get what you're saying.While it was a dumb mistake,be a little more specific in the future.But I'm worried about him being in the game because he seems either hit or miss at this point for inclusion.

Del Money

Smash Champion
But I'm worried about him being in the game because he seems either hit or miss at this point for inclusion.
dam ****ing right mother****er! thats what happens when you cant put your faith in a company anymore for customer satisfaction. i dont want Sega to die out, i really dont. but they seem to be chopping their own balls to pieces with every new sonic game they release. and although i may like some of those more hated games (i.e. Shadow The Hedgehog, SADX & SA2) the vast majority of gamers dont. Sega needs to understand that the best way at this time to rejuvenate the fan support for the Sonic franchise in to go ahead and put him in brawl.

brawl...the rejuvenator, dam yo thats got a nicce ring to it

1337marth

Smash Ace
dam ****ing right mother****er! thats what happens when you cant put your faith in a company anymore for customer satisfaction. i dont want Sega to die out, i really dont. but they seem to be chopping their own balls to pieces with every new sonic game they release. and although i may like some of those more hated games (i.e. Shadow The Hedgehog, SADX & SA2) the vast majority of gamers dont. Sega needs to understand that the best way at this time to rejuvenate the fan support for the Sonic franchise in to go ahead and put him in brawl.

Little angry are we?
calm down:joyful:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sounds like a Mentos commercial.

Doo doo doo doooooooo doo doo. Doo WHOOOOOOP.

Brawl......the freshmaker.

Totally on topic post: I think Sonic redeemed himself a bit with Sonic and the Secret Rings. From the few people I've seen mention it, it seems to be more well received than most of the previous games (though I personally don't care for it nearly as much as the Adventures and Heroes)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah, I see it like that now. If they throw Sonic in the game, it would catch some peoples eyes and make them want to buy Sonic games.. I guess.. I learned of Fire Emblem from Melee and I didn't like Fire Emblem all that much but it still got my attention.

As long as Sega makes the next Sonic game.... good.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Little angry are we?
calm down:joyful:
i wasnt angry, i was excited as hell. but my B, it been a long, dull day. maybe the update will make it better. though i probably wont be awake long enough to see it

maybe (with a touch of hell-no-not-gonna-happen) Green Hill Zone will be a confirmed stage tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom