• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Off Topic*I think all of us are a bit anxious although its about 138 days away.. I try to stay calm because theres nothing I can do about it. And in between I have school and probably a whole mess of problems with friends and such. I'm looking forward to it so I can get away from it all.

I really hope Sega has Sonic make a good game.. Better story, camera, controls, chaos again! Man I would be suprised to see another one of those pop up one of these days..

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I never played Sonic and the secret rings:urg:
Poor soul. It was fantastic. Best game I played on the wii IMO, much better than Twilight Princess. I already put like 70 hours on it. It actually made me want to see Sonic in Brawl. With some fire attacks, some wind attacks, and some dark attacks. Speed Break for Final Smash would be just as awesome as Super Sonic.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic is of course not only famed for his old genesis days. He has attracted fans that are comic-readers, fast-fooders (Remember McDonalds little game toys), and even little kids (TV Shows & Action Figures and/or Plushies). Even if his games fail, he always has a popular fanbase no matter what he was portrayed in games.

In my honest opinion, i wouldn't like to see Mario fighting Sonic. I'd rather see what Sonic & Mario could do if they could know eachother's strengths and make some very good combo moves (Like maybe Chaos Fire). I want to see more what Sonic could benefit Mario by helping with speed, while Sonic could be benefited with some power & strength. I'll tell you, Sonic & Mario would be one of the best fighting partners of video game history!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Yes but
He is brought back and turned into Super Sonic, and kicks Crystal Hedgehog's (Mephiles) ***
i know!!:)

by a freakin Kiss!! :mad: i am sure at that moment Amy dies a little inside...

and at the end,if the events never happened what was the point of playing it ???

.You play through a whole game, just so you can stop anything that happened in the game from happening.....Pretty stupid if ya ask me.

the only thing that i like in the ending is that Sonic doesn't make alot of **** about that they never would meet.:dizzy:

sonic shouldnt hook up with ppl outside his species:embarrass

SONIC HAS SUCH A HUGE HEAD nya~!!! n_n

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Oh.. was that the game that X-Play reviewed and... yeah I think so... the one with the cutscene that she says "I'm so glad you came!"?... I have no desire to play that haha.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Oh.. was that the game that X-Play reviewed and... yeah I think so... the one with the cutscene that she says "I'm so glad you came!"?... I have no desire to play that haha.
yes Sonic the hedgehog 2006, it is on PS3 and XBox 360.

IMO the story and sonic's relationship with Elise is the crappiest peace of garbage i have ever seen.

:urg:

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
Sonic and the secret rings is awesome I got it the day it came out and I am pleased with it. I also think the story looks amazing in Sonic next gen but secret rings seems a little better gameplay wise.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Storywise, I thought that Sonic for 360 was pretty good.
thats far from what i heard. good games dont get a 4.4 ratings on gamespot and they criticized the story A LOT. however i am a Sonic fan and i did like Shadow which got a 4.8 or something so ill definitely try it out. hopefully it comes out for PC or something

Poor soul. It was fantastic. Best game I played on the wii IMO, much better than Twilight Princess. I already put like 70 hours on it. It actually made me want to see Sonic in Brawl. With some fire attacks, some wind attacks, and some dark attacks. Speed Break for Final Smash would be just as awesome as Super Sonic.
if i ever compared a Sonic game to a zelda game and said sonic was better i'd get flamed so bad. surprised youre still alive. yet i think a superenergy blast from Super Sonic would be the t!ts

Sonic and the secret rings is awesome I got it the day it came out and I am pleased with it. I also think the story looks amazing in Sonic next gen but secret rings seems a little better gameplay wise.
more people say Sonic and the secret rings is good than bad so i definitely have to try this game out

wilson7913

Smash Cadet
I'd be in love with Sonic in SSBB. I have a long list of people I'd like to see in Brawl and he'd be right at the top.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I really hope Sega has Sonic make a good game.. Better story, camera, controls, chaos again! Man I would be suprised to see another one of those pop up one of these days..
Chao raising took up most of the time I played SA2/SA2B. It was really fun and entertaining to interact with them, and watch them interact with each other.

If they make another game, Chao raising/racing/karate, along with other events, should also be added in. Online Chao races? hell yea.

SiD

Smash Master
thats far from what i heard. good games dont get a 4.4 ratings on gamespot and they criticized the story A LOT. however i am a Sonic fan and i did like Shadow which got a 4.8 or something so ill definitely try it out. hopefully it comes out for PC or something
Gamespot wouldn't know a good story if it hit them in the head and they would be all like, "Hey, what the hell just hit me in the head? I don't know what it is at all!"

more people say Sonic and the secret rings is good than bad so i definitely have to try this game out
If you like iffy controls and stupid cardboard cutscenes than by all means go ahead.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
sorry I haven't been in this thread for a while.

But with my Sonic and Secret Rings Experience, I actually enjoyed it, and found it to be the best Sonic Game in a decade. Sonic and Knuckles to me was the last great Sonic game I remebered and I went back to Nintendo in 96/97. Sonic has had a bad run ever since he's hit the 3d world. But I felt Secret Rings they finally found something that works nicely.

And just hearing that line at the end: "I'm not a rat, I'm a Hedgehog". Sounds so cool and reminds of what Sonic used to be like once... Cool!

What I liked most about Sonic and the Secret Rings too is that most of the stages have their freedom and you can just run and flick by a stage like that.

The thing about Sonic games in the past is that you always had a choice to explore or just do a run, and I felt Secret Rings brought me back to that deal. Though it did enquire you to explore and get to know the area there were still these awesome skills you could pick up, use them to blaze through stages.

Sonic can get so fast when you get the necessary skills. And that's why I loved Sonic he was all about Speed again. And he didn't have tails or anyone to slow him down like we saw in Adventure. Plus there was nothing here that made his experience cute. No Chao, No tails, no Amy Rose, No Cream. It was Sonic the Lone Hedgehog.
And I thought the graphics were pretty good too, and I loved what they did with the Wii-mote.

By the way I got nothing against there was a time when I loved Tails I just feel bad cause Adventure really misused him and as you grow up and watch the cartoons, you realise Tails was picked on so badly, and that Sonic was always and will always be cooler. Because Sonic can Run. Tails was much better when he couldn't keep up.
Quoted for effin' truth.

Secret Rings was a throwback to when games used to be...you know, HARD. When game companies would make a game that you could expect to die in a whole hell of a lot.

I think we're being spoiled by non/easy games which are immensely lenient on the player. Failure should typically be punished and while you're guaranteed to fail a lot in SR, you tend to start back 20 feet from where you were instead of the beginning of the level.

By no means was the game perfect, and while it could become frustrating in some points, it's definitely an improvement from where it once was. There was nothing better than when Sonic is moving at full tilt and you need to slam the Wiimote left/right to dodge out of the way of an obstacle at the last second. That was always a thrill...

As for Sonic in Brawl, I think he has an immensely good chance of being in. I don't believe he's confirmed, but the inclusion of Sonic is not only suggested by the Mario/Sonic Olympics, but also by the fact that Sega and Nintendo used to be rivals, and people have wanted to see a true Mario vs. Sonic fight for a while. I'm sure even Miyamoto sees it this way, what with the blue hedgehogs which ran really fast in that one level of Yoshi's Island...

That and the fact that he was the #1 choice for 3rd party characters in the Japanese poll. If Nintendo ran the poll, then they did so because they actually wanted the input of their fans (just like how Pit was a write-in favorite on the US poll and now he's in the game).

All things considered, I'd be more surprised if Sonic didn't show up in Brawl than if he did.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@SiD

do you think gamespot was wrong about Shadow the Hedgehog? and thats an honest question not a joke

and were the cutscenes in SatSR that awful?

SiD

Smash Master
I don't remember Gamespot saying anything about the story in Shadow....
But in general, I think they were too harsh on it. My biggest beef with Shadow was how they wanted you to play through the same stages over and over to unlock the ending.

And yes, I absolutely hated those cutscenes, there was no reason they couldn't have done in game ones.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sonic would be a great addition to SSBB. Sakurai just has to make sure he has a good moveset. Also, Shadow just shouldn't be in SSBB unless he's luigified because he would just be a Sonic clone.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sonic would be a great addition to SSBB. Sakurai just has to make sure he has a good moveset. Also, Shadow just shouldn't be in SSBB unless he's luigified because he would just be a Sonic clone.
a good moveset isnt gonna be hard to find for Sonic. Sonic Battle and Sonic Championsip should give Sakurai enough to work with for A-button moves. and spin bashing for B, homing attack (though not really homing for this game cuz thatll be cheap), and possibly the bounce attack from Sonic Adventure 2 for down+B. for up+B Sakurai would have to be creative and use either a spring or the Sonic tornado from heroes. aerials just requires creativity i guess.

as for Shadow, im thinking assist trophy at best if Sonic is in. making Shadow a costume change might be a bit ridiculous., but its certainly not impossible

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Actually what they could do for Sonic's alternative costume changes is different colored gloves and shoes. For example:

Regular Sonic: White Gloves, Red Shoes w/ white stripes
Red: Red gloves, White shoes w/ red stripes
Yellow: Yellow Gloves, Blue Shoes w/ yellow stripes
Black: Black gloves, White shoes w/ black stripes

It's just an idea. There's probably people who could think of better color arrangements.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
If they can make movesets for Capt. Falcon (who only appeared in vehicles until SSB), then they can make a moveset for anyone.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Actually what they could do for Sonic's alternative costume changes is different colored gloves and shoes. For example:

Regular Sonic: White Gloves, Red Shoes w/ white stripes
Red: Red gloves, White shoes w/ red stripes
Yellow: Yellow Gloves, Blue Shoes w/ yellow stripes
Black: Black gloves, White shoes w/ black stripes

It's just an idea. There's probably people who could think of better color arrangements.
yeah thats what i was expected but im starting to think the Shadow costume change may be a possibility since theyve been trying to make yellow mario look like wario for the last two smash bros games already. perhaps sonic with still look like Sonic except with shadows black/red design and no chest hair...shadows shoes too maybe

on a side note the failed miserably with mario's wario-costume: the 'M' on his hat shouldve been a 'W'

Del Money

Smash Champion
i like the moveset. but i think sonic wind would be better as his b move. he could probly jus do the fire tackle after a standard A combo. if he doesnt get in brawl i would be utterly disappointed...
fire tackle as in from Sonic 3, or as in from Sonic Adventure 2 (which was more like a somersault)

Del Money

Smash Champion
yellow - super sonic status
id prefer that for a final smash. id rather Super Sonic show superiority over regular Sonic but its not in my hand

black - shadow status
shadow-like appearance with black and red spines and the shoes = yes
shadow character model = most likely no

green - jus green (or looking like manic, his bro, but i think im pushing it)
that is pushing it. you might as well have a red/pink for Sonia too (or amy sonic CD style). i read somewhere sometime ago that Sega doesnt even acknowledge and doesnt want to acknowledge SatAM and Sonic Underground anymore. i dont remember where so i cant really give you the link

i did like those shows though. much better than that Sonic X crap

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
oh n for his costume

regular - nuff sed
yellow - super sonic status
black - shadow status
green - jus green (or looking like manic, his bro, but i think im pushing it)
red - jus red
There's no way he could be Super Sonic for one of his costumes. Super Sonic should be his FS.

I also think the fire tackle(Sonic 3) should be A neutral in the air.

But the somersault shouldn't be after a standard A combo. It should be like Dash A.

Del Money

Smash Champion
San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
id prefer that for a final smash. id rather Super Sonic show superiority over regular Sonic but its not in my hand

shadow-like appearance with black and red spines and the shoes = yes
shadow character model = most likely no

that is pushing it. you might as well have a red/pink for Sonia too (or amy sonic CD style). i read somewhere sometime ago that Sega doesnt even acknowledge and doesnt want to acknowledge SatAM and Sonic Underground anymore. i dont remember where so i cant really give you the link

i did like those shows though. much better than that Sonic X crap
oh yea i completely forgot about Final Smashes haha. yea he should do like a chaos control thing. i dont watch sonic x...i hate most of the voice overs

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think it's possible that Sonic could not be in the game based on disagreements about how he should play between Nintendo and Sega?

Like, perhaps Sega said something like, "Yeah, you can use Sonic, but he has to be twice as fast as any other character." And Nintendo was like, "Screw that." And instead of Sonic we end up with a monkey in a ball.

Although I suppose that the clip of M&S at the Olympic Games does some damage to that speculation, considering Mario and Sonic are neck and neck in a 100-m sprint, and Sega is making the game.

I suppose Sonic just has no shame any more. How the mighty have fallen.

Del Money

Smash Champion
oh yea i completely forgot about Final Smashes haha. yea he should do like a chaos control thing.
possibly but thats more of Shadow's forte. sonic really only used it once

i dont watch sonic x...i hate most of the voice overs
good call. ive only seen like two episodes and boy do i regret it. Sonic+4kids anime=lame.

Note to SiD: insert funny-@$$ one-liner here

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
possibly but thats more of Shadow's forte. sonic really only used it once

good call. ive only seen like two episodes and boy do i regret it. Sonic+4kids anime=lame.

Note to SiD: insert funny-@$$ one-liner here
he only used it in sa2? wow i havent played my sonic games longer than i thot. wut he use in sonic heros then?

SiD

Smash Master
You think that's lame? You should see the GTA anime from Playhouse Disney.

EDIT: He used Chaos control in Sonic Next-Gen too.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i dont know if anyone has said this...
but Sonic's b-up move could be that lightening jump thing from Sonic 3...
his b-down could be the bubble bbunch thing he had in the very same game...
his shield could be one of the shields from the oldschool Sonic games...
im afraid that his moves wont be a culmination of moves from different games...
but rather a bunch of really lame moves from games like Sonic Next Gen and Secret Rings...
if hes in at all...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Do you guys think it's possible that Sonic could not be in the game based on disagreements about how he should play between Nintendo and Sega?

Like, perhaps Sega said something like, "Yeah, you can use Sonic, but he has to be twice as fast as any other character." And Nintendo was like, "Screw that." And instead of Sonic we end up with a monkey in a ball.

Although I suppose that the clip of M&S at the Olympic Games does some damage to that speculation, considering Mario and Sonic are neck and neck in a 100-m sprint, and Sega is making the game.

I suppose Sonic just has no shame any more. How the mighty have fallen.
dear lord...dont even joke like that. i like to hope that Sega will end their streak of disappointment and not find a reason as insignificant as that to keep Sonic from getting probably the best chance at video game redemption. i wanted to think the SatSR wouldve accomplished that but apparently it got almost as many complaints as it got praises (just ask SiD). im behind the hedgehog all the way and the day he falls from grace, ill probably fall with him (dont quote me on that)

You think that's lame? You should see the GTA anime from Playhouse Disney.
uh...foe-get that

EDIT: He used Chaos control in Sonic Next-Gen too.
dammit SiD, you with the spoilers. jk

i dont know if anyone has said this...
but Sonic's b-up move could be that lightening jump thing from Sonic 3...
his b-down could be the bubble bbunch thing he had in the very same game...
his shield could be one of the shields from the oldschool Sonic games...
im afraid that his moves wont be a culmination of moves from different games...
but rather a bunch of really lame moves from games like Sonic Next Gen and Secret Rings...
if hes in at all...
a nice thought but that make Sonic's specials all appear like elemental and Sonic aint no Captain Planet

SiD

Smash Master
OH!! They should put Captain Planet in Brawl! WOOOOOOOO!

By your powers combined, I am CAPTAIN PLANET!

For the record, I didn't remember his catch phrase, I wiki'd it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom